Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Forum rules
This forum is open to the general public.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Nov 02, 2021

When the NFL MVP starts taking a portion of his NFL paycheck in bitcoin, perhaps a couple skeptics might deduce that bitcoin really isn't just a fad, or a tulip bubble? Mainstream adoption is approaching. Still very early in the S-curve though.
https://twitter.com/aaronrodgers12
AR12 in BTC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TuckerD

Postby TuckerD » Wed Nov 03, 2021

SilverDoge wrote:When the NFL MVP starts taking a portion of his NFL paycheck in bitcoin, perhaps a couple skeptics might deduce that bitcoin really isn't just a fad, or a tulip bubble? Mainstream adoption is approaching. Still very early in the S-curve though.
https://twitter.com/aaronrodgers12
AR12 in BTC.png

Cashapp gave me $10 with this promotion.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Nov 12, 2021

The Van Eck spot Bitcoin ETF was just rejected by the SEC. The market had a small sell-off as of this news today. Perhaps we get an ETF in 2022, or perhaps we need to wait 3-5 more years. It seems like the SEC is just kicking the can of inevitability. So be it. This might actually help this cycle have a smoother curve to the top, with less of a blow off top? I'm just speculating now of course.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sec-rejects-van-ecks-application-spot-bitcoin-etf

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Fri Nov 12, 2021

SilverDoge wrote:The Van Eck spot Bitcoin ETF was just rejected by the SEC. The market had a small sell-off as of this news today. Perhaps we get an ETF in 2022, or perhaps we need to wait 3-5 more years. It seems like the SEC is just kicking the can of inevitability. So be it. This might actually help this cycle have a smoother curve to the top, with less of a blow off top? I'm just speculating now of course.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sec-rejects-van-ecks-application-spot-bitcoin-etf

If the spot ETF is approved in Q1 around the same time we do have a market cycle top, wouldn't that be sort of expected, given past cycles? Just thinking of how vastly "good" news seems to coincide with tops.
ImageImage

grantwoodisgold
Gold Supporter

Postby grantwoodisgold » Mon Dec 06, 2021

Gensler Evasive on Spot Bitcoin ETF: Grayscale May Sue SEC if Spot ETF is Not Approved - 12/1/2021
5,917 views Dec 6, 2021

:duck:
"SAUSAGE FLAVORED MEAT PELLETS, GRADE D BUT EDIBLE"
"Better 1 or 2 years early than 1 day late"
1 Gram =0.032150747 Troy Ounces
1 Kilogram =32.150747 Troy Ounces
1 Troy Ounce =31.103477 Grams

cmiller17363
Solar Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Wed Jan 12, 2022

Sent a transaction on LTC last night at 1 litoshi per byte from my ledger live wallet. It is still unconfirmed. :pop:

I’ve never had this happen and have always sent at 1 litoshi per byte. I usually don’t have to wait more than 20 minutes. It’s been 21 hours.
Don't be so focused on keeping an even keel that you lose sight of where the ship is headed.
ImageImageImage

cmiller17363
Solar Supporter

Postby cmiller17363 » Fri Jan 14, 2022

cmiller17363 wrote:Sent a transaction on LTC last night at 1 litoshi per byte from my ledger live wallet. It is still unconfirmed. :pop:

I’ve never had this happen and have always sent at 1 litoshi per byte. I usually don’t have to wait more than 20 minutes. It’s been 21 hours.

So I just got this resolved. The transaction no longer exists on a block explorer so I think it got dumped from the mempool. Now I am just trying to get my ledger live to display the accurate information. For anyone who has this happen with either bitcoin or litecoin here is what I did.

Downloaded the electrum-ltc wallet for litecoin. Connected my ledger and opened the ltc app. Select "hardware wallet" as the option when setting up the new wallet. Electrum should automatically find all your addresses and transaction histories. In my case it didn't work (wrong segwit option) so I just tried it again and selected the other segwit option I was presented with. Worked like a charm. The electrum wallet also did NOT display the unsent transaction like ledger live is doing, so that is a relief.

Now that I have my wallet open, I just found the address associated with the stuck transaction and sent a small amount from it. My guess is that when this transaction goes through and is confirmed, it forces ledger live to accept that the other transaction is no longer valid (considering it doesn't exist on the blockchain) and re-syncs with the blockchain, removing the invalid transaction.

As an aside, it looks like electrum also has the ability to open payment channels on the litecoin lightning network. Anyone want to try it out with me?
Don't be so focused on keeping an even keel that you lose sight of where the ship is headed.
ImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 15, 2022

Apparently the MyPillow guy has been given a 30-day notice by his bank that they no longer want his business. It's one thing to have a twitter account suspended or banned, it is quite another to have your bank accounts shut down. This is how an adoption curve goes from 2% to 10%, and then to 30% rather quickly. One of the best features of bitcoin is censorship resistance, and many people overlook it. When you use bitcoin, no entity can stop your transactions!

Bitcoin is a non-partisan issue as well. For those on the right who love freedom, free speech, free markets, etc - bitcoin is the answer. For those on the left who hate the wealth gap, income inequality, corporations having too much power, etc - bitcoin is the answer.

https://noqreport.com/2022/01/14/mypillow-canceled-by-their-bank-heres-who-to-contact-to-complain/

ttitle

Postby ttitle » Sat Jan 15, 2022

SilverDoge wrote:Apparently the MyPillow guy has been given a 30-day notice by his bank that they no longer want his business. It's one thing to have a twitter account suspended or banned, it is quite another to have your bank accounts shut down. This is how an adoption curve goes from 2% to 10%, and then to 30% rather quickly. One of the best features of bitcoin is censorship resistance, and many people overlook it. When you use bitcoin, no entity can stop your transactions!

Bitcoin is a non-partisan issue as well. For those on the right who love freedom, free speech, free markets, etc - bitcoin is the answer. For those on the left who hate the wealth gap, income inequality, corporations having too much power, etc - bitcoin is the answer.

https://noqreport.com/2022/01/14/mypillow-canceled-by-their-bank-heres-who-to-contact-to-complain/

Well said! :thumbup:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 15, 2022

This one was pretty hilarious.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”