Caucasian Shepard dog

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Leprechaun gold

Caucasian Shepard dog

Postby Leprechaun gold » Mon Jan 14, 2019

Anyone have any experience with this breed of dog?.
Image Image Image

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Re: Caucasian Shepard dog

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Jan 14, 2019

That ain't a dog. It's a bear!

First time for me to learn about the breed and now I want one.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon Jan 14, 2019

Growing up, I’ve had friends that had these. We had German shepherds and I had a lot of exposure to Caucasian shepherds at dog shows, etc. They are guard dogs and are very protective. They aren’t for everyone and can be aggressive if not raised and taught properly. They like staying busy and having a “job”. In a lot of ways, they are similar to German shepherds as far as personality traits go. Loyal dogs but need a lot of time and training
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Jan 14, 2019

shinnosuke wrote:That ain't a dog. It's a bear!

A nice animal. I keep thinking about how many bags of Old Roy it consumes weekly, and the daily task of poop-patrol.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.
Bitcoin: 1QC9tcPcA5R82CHr61BrkPgdh4fVmcCsgd

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Mon Jan 14, 2019

Interesting dog breed. A little to big for me. Perhaps, if I lived in Alaska I'd want one. Otherwise, I like these guys though I've never had one: http://www.vetstreet.com/dogs/rhodesian-ridgeback
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Leprechaun gold

Thanks for reply and video lads . I have a 6 month old bitch , have had her from a puppy. She is as big as a German shepherd and built like a bulldog . Having great trouble holding her on lead or harness, when her attention goes to cars , cats ,ect . But otherwise well behaved and trained . Don't know what I will do when fully grown 18/24 months
Image Image Image

fmsfms2003

Postby fmsfms2003 » Mon Jan 14, 2019

Have you tried Easy Lead harness. It clips in front. Our 120 lb daugher has 150 lb Great Dane. It changed her life. And no I have no affiliation wiith the makers. Just have used it when we babysit the beast.

Leprechaun gold

fmsfms2003 wrote:Have you tried Easy Lead harness. It clips in front. Our 120 lb daugher has 150 lb Great Dane. It changed her life. And no I have no affiliation wiith the makers. Just have used it when we babysit the beast.

Thanks for the tip , will order one :thumbup:
Image Image Image

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Mon Jan 14, 2019

Leprechaun gold wrote:
fmsfms2003 wrote:Have you tried Easy Lead harness. It clips in front. Our 120 lb daugher has 150 lb Great Dane. It changed her life. And no I have no affiliation wiith the makers. Just have used it when we babysit the beast.

Thanks for the tip , will order one :thumbup:

Any possibility of walking the dog off leash? When they get a chance to get their own sniffs
they are a lot more well behaved on a leash.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Mon Jan 14, 2019

shinnosuke wrote:

That ain't a dog. It's a bear!

First time for me to learn about the breed and now I want one.

Look at the tongue on that lovable little fuzzball. It could lick that chicks face, ear to ear and chin to forehead in one slurp.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Mon Jan 14, 2019

Rik Bitter wrote:Look at the tongue on that lovable little fuzzball. It could lick that chicks face, ear to ear and chin to forehead in one slurp.

I would like to try that :oops: :lol:
ImageImageImage

ziff2x

Postby ziff2x » Mon Jan 14, 2019

I have one, I accepted from a coworker that could not keep it. I got him when he was almost 2 years old he is 5 now. Summers are tough for him here in Florida. He loves the winter he can fall asleep outside with temp in the 30s and sleep there all night. He went to obedience school before I got him but still doesnt obey me like my other dogs, we have learned to work things out. He is generally friendly, but cautious. He has spent alot of time around my small granddaughters and my cats and even my chickens and ducks without incident. He loves belly rubs. He was intact when we got him and have never neutered him. He only eats 4 cups a day. We have a 2 acre fenced property so he has plenty of room.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon Jan 14, 2019

DRP270 wrote:
Rik Bitter wrote:Look at the tongue on that lovable little fuzzball. It could lick that chicks face, ear to ear and chin to forehead in one slurp.

I would like to try that :oops: :lol:

We still talking about the dog? :shifty:
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Jan 15, 2019

That monster would swallow my Chihuahua whole!
I have always wanted a Dogo. The bravest dog ever. They have killed mountain lions while protecting the dogs family.
You have to be a pretty badazz dog to chase down and attack wild boars for fun :shock:

https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/dogo-argentino/
ImageImageImage

Leprechaun gold

Postby Leprechaun gold » Thu Jan 17, 2019

Thanks very much for the tip , bought one and it works great . Thank you to everyone for input , great site we have here :thumbup:
Image Image Image

Return to “Burgers and Beers”