DixiesilverMiner

dixiesilverminer

Sunday night metal chat by dixiesilvergirl

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Mar 04, 2018

Happy Sunday!

The weeks seem to go by faster as the years go by. Today I was thinking about long term metal plans and what our real goal is. Short version, our goal is to stack as much as we can for as long as we can, but then what and why? Well, for us it started as a way to gain added financial security in case SHTF and ideally that our retirement will be a little more comfortable. That turns out is also part of the short version. We are about to enter a new stage of our lives, and things like that make you think.

Our first Grandchild will be here in June and after seeing a few posts recently on various sites, I think the real reason is a goal to educate our kids, and grandkids and someday leave them a legacy and be the topic of an epic post by them saying “here is what Mamo and Papa left us when they passed”

We both come from hard working middle class families and the thought of being able to leave something valuable and tangible for our kids and grandkids for their futures or as a family heirloom that many generations will be able to hear the story seems like a real win! Every day we do many things for our kids but stacking and money education is one of the best things I can think of.

What are (or will or did) you teaching your kids? What is your real stacking plan? Are you aware you could be creating a legacy to be passed down to future generations? Life is like the books we had in the 70’s, where you could choose your own story as it unfolds, What will your story be?
Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!
DSG
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Mar 11, 2018

Happy Sunday! Hope that everyone is hard at work on their stacking plan for 2018, we are heading to the end of the 1st quarter in a couple of weeks, are your plan going as you hoped for the year? Are you on track or did you get lost, because we all know the shiny can catch your eye and you end up buying something that wasn’t in your plan.

We have been holding steady and although it could always be more we are steadily adding to our gold and platinum as we had planned, we have bought some fun hand pours and recently we did a trade for some silver for our stack. This was a great transaction, we were able to trade some of our pours for some nice coins to add to our stack, taking out all fees and payment systems, we like paying in metal!

This weekend our 9 year old has been saving his money for a BMX bike as he wants to go to the X-Games, as good parents we were torn between the lesson of hard work gets you what you want and our desire to help our child chase his dreams. We settled on a compromise, because let’s face it at 9 his options are limited for extra cash. LOL

He has his own stack that he has bought with his own money and came to us about selling some for the bike. We set down and worked out a very fair price and he sold us 2 ounces( he also reasoned that of course he will ultimately end up with them back anyway when we are gone) to add to his money and we agreed to match his funds so he could get the bike.

He was very happy with the transaction, even happier with his bike and learned about using your silver as a savings account and how to utilize it when you need or want to, and he thinks it is pretty cool that he used some silver to pay for the bike.

So that got me thinking and so I ask you all-
Have you ever purchased anything with metal either directly or by selling to raise the funds you need? Share your story!

Thanks for Reading and Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Wood pours

Postby dixiesilverminer » Fri Mar 16, 2018

DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Mar 18, 2018

Well another Sunday has come and almost gone, hope your stacking plans are on track, we added 10 more ounces to our stack this week, next we will be looking at some more platinum. As adding the new coins to our stack, it made me wonder, how do you store your stack if you keep it at your home. I don't mean your safe, but how do you organize them in the safe?
https://imgflip.com/i/j3wri

We purchased several empty monster boxes online and have color coded ours and use different boxes for different metals. We would love to use a cool chest but that would take up some valuable storage space. Please share your solution for this storage issue, maybe we can help each other out with this. Thanks for reading and happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Mar 25, 2018

Happy Sunday! I thought I would ask everyone what is in your stack? We have a lot less generics(the miner always ends up,melting them) then we had originally planned into our overall stacking. We have decided that works for us and we are stacking more semi numismatic and government rounds and adding gold and platinum as they are easier to store. How has your stack changed since you started? Or have you been focused on one type of bullion? Are you stacking what you like or what you know you can resell? Over time as you learn more about the metals it is easy to change your plan and end up with a lot of premium in your stack, just be sure to track your overall price per ounce and then you will know what you need to sell at, and honestly stacking for weight or for beauty doesn't matter as long as your stacking! Let us know what you stack!
Thanks for reading and happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Apr 01, 2018

Happy Sunday and Happy Easter. While on the quest for stacking shiny, Don't forget to stack some memories too. Today means many different things to people around the world, ultimately the best part about the day (religion, bunnies and candy aside) is that it is a day that most take extra time with family, follow traditions or make some new ones and that is the most important thing we all can do.
Spending time with family and friends, making memories and being together is What life is all about and along with adding some shiny to your stack take the time to add some memories too, the shiny may come and go but the memories are yours forever. Now if you can do both at the same time that is the way to go!
https://imgur.com/a/sC7Tt
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Apr 15, 2018

Happy Sunday Everyone!

This weekend seems to have become one for concern, when bombs start flying, the markets will really start to react. I think the Countries choice to send these bombs on a friday night was a calculated effort to limit the knee jerk market reactions as 48 hours is a lot of time for everyone to see how it plays out.

In light of recent events, first anyone who stacks should be feeling a little reassurance that they have a hedge that most people do not in the event things go a little crazy. Second it is time to get prepared, because it is better to have a plan you never need then need a plan you never had. We took a physical inventory of our stack and verified our spreadsheet so we were sure we know what we have and where it is at. Next, we reviewed our security, as times get uncertain you have to be sure your ready for anything. Finally we verified our food and other preps, including servicing our generator and verifying fuel storage. We have chosen to store our preps and stack our silver in case of any issues, although you can’t be ready for everything at least it is a great peace of mind to know we tried and we have given our family a little edge.

Are you as prepared as you would like to be? Did you change any of your plans or step up the stacking due to recent events? I would love to hear your thoughts…

Thanks for reading and Happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

Purple and Gold

Re: DixiesilverMiner

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Apr 15, 2018

I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Like all good Boy Scouts know,,Be prepared
ImageImageImage

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Apr 22, 2018

Looking at your whole Financial plan not just stacking, how big of a part of metal is your plan?

https://cnsteem.com/steemsilvergold/@si ... n-pt54-212

There are so many options and opinions on how to save, Some play the stock market, some with Crypto, many have a 401K that they really don’t know how it works but they watch the statements not go up the way they thought. Real estate is another tangible in your hands investment but usually the bank becomes involved and we all know they certainly are not trying to help you build wealth but keep you in debt to them so they can retire. Everyone here in the USA has Social Security deducted from their paychecks, and that to me is one of the riskiest investments out there, and with no early withdrawal option or the ability to choose your risk comfort level like you can with the work 401k, I have come to think of the money deducted as a charitable contribution, if by some slim chance i ever see that money again I will feel good knowing it did end up with someone needy-me! LOL

Our financial plan has changed over the 28 years we have been married but the end game has been the same, to create a life that we can be comfortable and happy and see our kids and grandkids happy too.

Is your current financial plan going to take you to the results you hope?

Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Apr 29, 2018

Happy Sunday Everyone!
It is almost May, we are closing in on the halfway mark of the year, hIs your stack on track?
Are you meeting the goals you made at the beginning of the year?
We are on track at this point and even waiting on some packages,which is a great feeling, mostly

https://me.me/t/usps-tracking

We have bought a lot of silver, most of it for melting. We have however added a few coins we liked along with some community pours and gold for our stack. we have a great time looking and learning about all kinds of metal, the poured is obviously our favorite.
We have been watching a lot of silversmith videos and some of the antique pieces are just amazing, I think it would be awesome to own a piece of history so I would choose an antique soup tureen, they build those with full scenes and so much detail. Here are a couple of my favorites and a link to some other pics

http://www.bryandouglas.co.uk/silverwar ... /4834a.htm

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404901822730805536/

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZK ... Zc#imgrc=_

It is funny the longer we stack the more cool things we find and the longer our list becomes. So going against your stacker instincts for silver at spot and
If you could pick any piece(let’s pretend money is not an issue) for the art only what would you pick? Please share your wish piece with us all below.

Thanks for reading and Happy stacking!
Attachments
e013cadf77fddd63cc3f72e5c6a65133.jpg
e013cadf77fddd63cc3f72e5c6a65133.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 872 times
soup.jpg
soup.jpg (45.35 KiB) Viewed 872 times
DSM Silverwithstyle

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Apr 29, 2018

Please don't post F-bombs, or images of F-bombs. Thanks.

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun May 06, 2018

Happy Sunday! How is your metal plan stacking up this week? We are on track with some gold and silver additions this week, it is fun to see the stack grow.
We welcomed our first grandchild on Friday night and I have to say, I thought I knew why we stacked but I was WRONG.

I thought we stacked to hedge against inflation, we stacked in case of economic issues(ours or the government) to be able to have some fun in retirement, and leave something for our children when we are gone. All of that still holds but now I know why we stack! so the little bundle that just arrived can learn the value of true money and that he can have a secure future and be able to someday show off the stack he was left by for us! We are creating a legacy, a stack for our families security and each piece we add is one more step to that goal. Our new plan buy, buy buy!!!! Hope everyone has a great week and happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun May 13, 2018

As we discussed last week, we now have a new focus on why we stack and we need to begin thinking about what will happen to the stack when we pass away. Will the kids and Grandkids understand it’s real worth, will they keep the stack or will someone get a great deal on the items we spent years hand picking and enjoying.

What is your estate plan for your metal? Does anyone know what you have and what it is really worth? Can anyone even open your safe or get to your safe deposit box?

We have started to ask these questions, we have spreadsheet listing everything but it is on our computer. Although this is a great sheet, very detailed including purchase price and current market value at the moment no one but me really knows where it is and how it is set up. The miner knows however he and I are it. We have shared with our kids, our pieces as they arrive, but they are kids and do not really grasp the full picture They do not even have the password to the computer. We will have to put a plan in place to correct this such as printing things out and placing the papers with our important papers so the kids will have access when needed someday. We have talked about a family meeting to reinforce and educate the kids further on our stack, Have any of you done this with family? I can’t stop thinking that all the time and effort we are putting into it so they have an inheritance, it would be a shame for them to not fully understand what they are getting. Not only that but you must also consider the
Options for leaving the items so that they do not have to pay it all in taxes

https://www.jmbullion.com/investing-gui ... tal-gains/
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/p ... tments.asp

Maybe it is best to just keep them on your boat, and hope for the best. As, The danger of your stack being lost at sea is always a possibility and the only way to end up not paying taxes that I can see.
I would love to hear others thoughts and plans for the inevitable..

Thanks for reading and happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”