The Bitcoin (crypto) Beginner's Guide

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Re: The Bitcoin (crypto) Beginner's Guide

Postby CaptainW » Mon Sep 24, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
CaptainW wrote:
Silversaving wrote:When I swapped phones, I just logged into the site using my laptop, turned off 2fa. Took out my new phone and turned 2fa back on using it. Took 15 seconds

Sounds simple enough.
So just load the 2FA apps on the new phone and turn it back on? Do you have to re-scan bar codes?

Yeah, that's how i remember it. I logged into the site using my old phone with it's 2FA on. I then went to settings and disabled 2FA. I then got my new phone (after D/Ling 2FA app for it) and turned 2FA back on for the site. it had me go though the whole process of scanning the code again for the new phone app but simple enough. Then done!

Many thanks! Much simpler than described in my internet search.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Oct 05, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
CaptainW wrote:
Silversaving wrote:When I swapped phones, I just logged into the site using my laptop, turned off 2fa. Took out my new phone and turned 2fa back on using it. Took 15 seconds

Sounds simple enough.
So just load the 2FA apps on the new phone and turn it back on? Do you have to re-scan bar codes?

Yeah, that's how i remember it. I logged into the site using my old phone with it's 2FA on. I then went to settings and disabled 2FA. I then got my new phone (after D/Ling 2FA app for it) and turned 2FA back on for the site. it had me go though the whole process of scanning the code again for the new phone app but simple enough. Then done!

I did this same thing before leaving Italy and getting a new US cell phone and number. I had to do this on 8 different exchanges! :lol:

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Fri Oct 05, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:
CaptainW wrote:

Sounds simple enough.

I did this same thing before leaving Italy and getting a new US cell phone and number. I had to do this on 8 different exchanges! :lol:

I’ve been traveling so I still haven’t made the switch. Does it work with Bittrex too? I ask because the reply I got from their support team indicated a much more complex process. I’m guessing they didnt understand the situation. Regardless, it’s forcing to do what I should’ve already done,,,,,empty the account as a precaution against getting locked out.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Oct 05, 2018

CaptainW wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:
CaptainW wrote:

Sounds simple enough.

I’ve been traveling so I still haven’t made the switch. Does it work with Bittrex too? I ask because the reply I got from their support team indicated a much more complex process. I’m guessing they didnt understand the situation. Regardless, it’s forcing to do what I should’ve already done,,,,,empty the account as a precaution against getting locked out.

Right before I left Italy I cancelled all 2FA on all exchanges because I knew I wouldn't have access to my old Italian phone or number. Then when I got a new US phone and number I re-activated 2FA after downloading google authenticate on my new phone. It worked with Bittrex and all the others.

CaptainW
Platinum Supporter

Postby CaptainW » Fri Oct 05, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
CaptainW wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:
Silversaving wrote:
CaptainW wrote:

Sounds simple enough.

Right before I left Italy I cancelled all 2FA on all exchanges because I knew I wouldn't have access to my old Italian phone or number. Then when I got a new US phone and number I re-activated 2FA after downloading google authenticate on my new phone. It worked with Bittrex and all the others.

Thanks!

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”