BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Emotional Support Dog

Postby iron-pyrite » Thu Sep 13, 2018

I have had much experience in this area and yes some do abuse the verbage and protections we give but I know of many cases where there is a Medical Need and the patients do great with animals. It's not human to say we can read people's thoughts and assume that they didn't need the animal. Then, for the scum who abuse the privilege America gives to Disabled Humans. The paricite they are should be the focus not indiscriminately twards the needs of individuals you have never met.

Disclaimer: I do not own or posses a emotional support animal or any pet. I do have professional and personal relations with individuals who have benefited from some type of emotional support to include anything from Birds, Dogs, Horses and other HUMANS.

I have a close friend who is a women who has a German Shepherd as a emotional support animal. The dog is trained and certified. She has PTSD from being raped in a combat situation.

Nuff said
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby jcz1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018

This is a fascinating video. I never knew plants had defense mechanisms like this.

New research published today in Science is providing an unprecedented view of the signaling action that happens within plants when they’re under attack. A second or two after a plant receives an injury, like a chomp from a caterpillar, a warning signal radiates from the location of the wound, spreading out through the entire plant in a process that takes fewer than 120 seconds. The plant, now aware that it’s under attack—or at least, as “aware” as a plant can be—can respond to the threat by releasing chemical countermeasures.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... 1f2isb.mp4

Not sure how to imbed the above video. Here's the Gizmodo article which includes the video:

https://gizmodo.com/watch-the-awesome-w ... 1829039597

If plants start to to be considered "aware," vegetarians may starve to death. :shock:

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Thu Sep 13, 2018

Going Krogering and getting great deals and working the specials has been enjoyable to me for years.
Over the last few months they have been transitioning to "electronic coupons".
Now my joyful shopping experience has become a challenge and a chore. :thumbdown:
I can't remember my password, I block the isle while trying to apply the coupon on my little cell phone, etc. I guess it's so they can track me,...but they do that through my Kroger card.?
Why is everything going to "aps"? It's tough on older, less tech savvy people,... like me. :cry:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Sep 13, 2018

AGhead wrote:Going Krogering and getting great deals and working the specials has been enjoyable to me for years.
Now my joyful shopping experience has become a challenge and a chore. :thumbdown:
I can't remember my password, I block the isle while trying to apply the coupon on my little cell phone, etc. I guess it's so they can track me,...but they do that through my Kroger card.?
Why is everything going to "aps"? It's tough on older, less tech savvy people,... like me. :cry:

I notice Albertsons is going to some coupon apps too. Problem is i dont have any apps, never have and probably never will. Just one less complication for me. :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Thu Sep 13, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:
AGhead wrote:Going Krogering and getting great deals and working the specials has been enjoyable to me for years.

I notice Albertsons is going to some coupon apps too. Problem is i dont have any apps, never have and probably never will. Just one less complication for me. :thumbup:

This Kroger ap is my first and only ap.
I found a place to sit in the store and it took me over an hour to load the ap. :x then maybe that much or more to figure how to even barely use it. I was in the store da#% near 4 hours to save maybe $25.
A couple weeks later, it took me another hour to log on before I could shop :thumbdown:
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Sep 13, 2018

Even the dollar store near my house is going with app coupons :roll: :lol:
ImageImageImage

skylersfriend
Gold Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Fri Sep 14, 2018

;) so true
Attachments
so true.jpg
so true.jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“To think things out properly and fairly, a fellow's got to be calm and old and toothless: When you're an old gaffer with no teeth, it's easy to say: 'Damn it, boys, you mustn't bite!' But, when you've got all thirty-two teeth...” Nikos Kazantzakis..ZORBA THE GREEK

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Sep 14, 2018

NASA is trying to squash conspiracy theories about the space station leak

In a joint statement released today, NASA and Roscosmos claim that the US space agency is working closely with Russia to figure out the cause of the leak. The statement also notes that no information will be released until the Russian-led investigation is over, despite rampant speculation in the Russian press that the leak was possibly caused by one of NASA’s astronauts in space.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... spartandhp
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Sep 14, 2018

Cops: Man Duped Caregivers Into Diaper Changes

An Arizona man feigning to suffer from Down syndrome tricked a series of female caregivers into bathing him and changing his diaper, according to investigators who have filed felony sex abuse and fraud charges against the creepy scamster.

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/biza ... use-265938

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Sep 15, 2018

Mosquitoes the size of a quarter plague Houston

https://abc13.com/weather/quarter-size- ... -/4235028/

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Sat Sep 15, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Mosquitoes the size of a quarter plague Houston

That and the stifling heat/humidity/hurricane season remind of why I am reluctant to move back to the Houston area from SoCal :|
ImageImageImage

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Sep 15, 2018

silverhead wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:Mosquitoes the size of a quarter plague Houston

That and the stifling heat/humidity/hurricane season remind of why I am reluctant to move back to the Houston area from SoCal :|

I would not live in California if you gave me a free house way to liberal.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sat Sep 15, 2018

"I would not live in California if you gave me a free house way to liberal."

You could move to Orange County, some very conservative areas still exist. Of course, homes in those areas are around $775,K give or take. Or likely more.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

lucky43113

Postby lucky43113 » Sat Sep 15, 2018

Brick's wrote:"I would not live in California if you gave me a free house way to liberal."

You could move to Orange County, some very conservative areas still exist. Of course, homes in those areas are around $775,K give or take. Or likely more.

Doesnt matter on the area still have same laws california gun laws are a joke
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Image Image Image

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Sat Sep 15, 2018

lucky43113 wrote:
Brick's wrote:"I would not live in California if you gave me a free house way to liberal."

Doesnt matter on the area still have same laws california gun laws are a joke

San Diego county is fairly conservative for Ca. , but there is recent talk of trying to stop the big gun show in Del Mar (Crossroads of the West) from having actual guns or ammo on site....freaking looney tune liberal snowflakes :grinch:
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sun Sep 16, 2018

Britain's oldest person reveals the secret to a long life is a dram of whisky a day as she celebrates her 112th birthday today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... y-day.html

:thumbup:

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Sep 16, 2018

Thats a healthy shot of whiskey she has there! Doctors orders.
God Bless her
ImageImageImage

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Mon Sep 17, 2018

German triathlete banned from all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant for eating too much

In a visit last weekend to the all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant Running Sushi in Landshut, Bavaria, former bodybuilder Bobrowski, 30, ate close to 100 plates of sushi, sending the restaurant into a state of alarm.

“He eats for five people. That is not normal,” its owner told the Passauer Neue Presse.

Bobrowski has a special diet, in which he doesn’t eat for 20 hours, and then eats “until I’m full,” said the athlete, who works during the day as a software engineer.

At the restaurant, that meant eating almost 100 plates of sushi one evening. Finding Bobrowski’s habits too expensive for their business, the chef and owner of the restaurant personally told him he is now prohibited from returning.

https://www.thelocal.de/20180914/german ... g-too-much

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Mon Sep 17, 2018

Doing a major carbo and protein load prior to a competitive event. What would you expect from a former body builder turned triathlete? Perhaps just 50 plates?
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Mon Sep 17, 2018

Define "plate" :pop:
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

Return to “Burgers and Beers”