Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Brick's
Supporter

Re: Bitcoins - fad or trend?

Postby Brick's » Thu Mar 22, 2018

jcz1 wrote: <snip> The research paper mentions all sorts of other things found in the blockchain, such as a backup of Wikileaks Cablegate data. <snip>

While totally off topic, I think the whistle blowers should be made modern day heroes and their images placed on ASEs. Make it a series. Every age and generation needs it's heroes to admire, look up to, and emulate.
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Mar 22, 2018

+1
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Mar 23, 2018

Trezor update requirement to new firmware. I think the ledger nano requires the same thing, due to a discovered vulnerability as noted here: https://saleemrashid.com/2018/03/20/breaking-ledger-security-model/

Trezor update description here: https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-one-firmware-update-1-6-1-eecd0534ab95

blevdawgAg47

Re: Skinny jeans- fad or trend?

Postby blevdawgAg47 » Thu Mar 29, 2018

How bout skinny jeans, particularly on men, they had a nice run. Fad or trend? Ridiculous either way. I don't think ballroom should be compromised, for any reason. Bumpity :turtle:
ImageImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Thu Mar 29, 2018

Ballroom?
"You pompously call your selves Republicans and Democrats. There is no Republican Party. There is no Democratic Party. There are no Republicans or Democrats in this house. You are Lick-Spittlers and panderers, the creatures of the plutocracy".
- Jack London

"It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
- Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President

blevdawgAg47

Postby blevdawgAg47 » Thu Mar 29, 2018

Brick's wrote:Ballroom?

Testicle space, if you will
ImageImageImage

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Mar 29, 2018

South Korea getting ready to rock this summer...

https://coincodex.com/article/1450/bithumb-will-bring-a-crypto-payment-option-to-more-than-6000-retailers/

Bithumb, the second largest Korean cryptocurrency exchange, is partnering with Korea Pay’s Service to bring cryptocurrency payments to more than 6,000 Korean retailers. The exchange, which handled $366 million in trade volume during the last 24 hours, expects the payment services to go live in the summer of 2018 and expand to include up to 8,000 retailers by the end of the year.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Apr 02, 2018

Just did a quarterly bitcoin price update in the Bitcoin beginner's thread:

Q1 2017: $997
Q2 2017: $1,089
Q3 2017: $2,460
Q4 2017: $4,309
Q1 2018: $13,657
Q2 2018: $6,711
Q3 2018: TBD on 01JUL18

* All prices taken from https://www.coindesk.com/price/

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Mon Apr 02, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:Q4 2017: $4,309

BTC added $15K to that quarter's starting figure, and then in the following quarter lost most of it. Those months seem like some sort of stoned psychedelic episode now. If we skip those 2 quarters, we're actually up a few grand. If wishing made it so.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Mon Apr 02, 2018

4 states can buy no fee crypto on robinhood.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/04/02/robi ... us-states/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Apr 04, 2018

Mt.Gox ex-CEO Mark Karpeles does an AMA on reddit. Some interesting answers for those who are so inclined to check it out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/89o16y/im_mark_karpel%C3%A8s_exceo_of_bankrupt_mtgox_ask_me/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Apr 05, 2018

In under 2.5 minutes you can watch the linear bitcoin price chart (weekly). Makes one long for the 2012 days!

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Apr 06, 2018

I recently watched a video, I think it was Node Investor, in which he used a historical chart to show that the market's behavior in 2018 wasn't so much like 2014 (which featured a long "winter" for crypto) as it was like 2013, which featured a much shorter wait until the market turned up again. Now, I don't believe much in a market repeating history just because a sample from the present resembles a sample from the past. For one thing, the 2013 market was nothing like the 2018 market, neither in the kinds of forces driving it nor the scale and impact of those forces. You can't point to a similar pattern on the chart 5 years ago and conclude that has any bearing on today.

But I hope Node Investor was right.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Apr 07, 2018

Long John wrote:I recently watched a video, I think it was Node Investor, in which he used a historical chart to show that the market's behavior in 2018 wasn't so much like 2014 (which featured a long "winter" for crypto) as it was like 2013, which featured a much shorter wait until the market turned up again. Now, I don't believe much in a market repeating history just because a sample from the present resembles a sample from the past. For one thing, the 2013 market was nothing like the 2018 market, neither in the kinds of forces driving it nor the scale and impact of those forces. You can't point to a similar pattern on the chart 5 years ago and conclude that has any bearing on today.

But I hope Node Investor was right.

I don't use those historic price moves as any type of future predictor, but I will look at it from a "what is a possible or worst-case scenario"? Now technically reality can be even worse than previous worst case scenarios, but it is a decent lower bound. That 2014-2015 long slow bear market could repeat, but I don't see that happening in reality. Adoption and awareness are much greater now, so we'll see.

vanquish
Gold Supporter

Postby vanquish » Sun Apr 15, 2018

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Thu Apr 19, 2018

The tide is flowing back to the alts, as expected. Bitcoin's market share got up to 46% during the last big dip. When people get nervous, alts are the first thing they sell. Right now BTC's share is less than 39%. That's not to say BTC is stumbling; it's lifting the whole market upward at this time: total cap is up $100 billion from the bottom of the last dip. I'm cautiously optimistic the worst of it is behind us.

oldmansilverBS
Silver Supporter

Postby oldmansilverBS » Sun Apr 22, 2018

The charts are starting to look good again. Is it time to get back in the water? :?

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Sun Apr 22, 2018

yes. Even 4 days ago would have been a great time to get some really nice short term gains
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”