Silver Art Collectors website

tonycrouch1183

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Apr 14, 2013

There is also a new article listed on the "Articles" page about the Swiss made bars and the words found on them "Essayeur Fondeur".

http://www.silverartcollector.com/articles.php
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Thu May 02, 2013

Today, I added some more silver art bar pictures to the Silver Art Collector (SAC) site. There are now over 700 items (701 to be exact) on the main SAC site.

So far, everything seems to be going well and I want to think Tony for his efforts to make this possible and I want to thank the other members who have submitted items for us to add to SAC. Thank you for your efforts. :)
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Thu Jul 04, 2013

It's been a while since I posted about SAC, so I thought I would do a quick update. We now have over 800 items in our master database (including some YPS items :clap: ) and have 41 members now!

We also had an article written and put into the IASAC newsletter which we are very proud of.

If you haven't had a chance to visit, please do. It's a great place to find out about some bars/rounds that you're not sure about the origin of, or maybe contribute to our growing database!

Thanks,
Tony!
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Tue Jul 23, 2013

The recent discoveries of new reverse types has given me a renewed determination to continue work on my Reverse Type Database at www.silverartcollector.com

I have added a new menu option that will allow you to browse Reverse Types by the mint, or browse all in the database. This works very much like the master database.

My hope is that as this database is filled, it will make it easier for all to identify reverse types on bars.

As with the master database, this will be a group project, although due to coding shortcuts I will be the only one able to add them to the database. But I still need your help! If you have a nice, high quality, picture of a Reverse that I do not have listed, simply email it to me at tony@tonycrouch.com with the information on the reverse. My goal, as with the master database, is to have as accurate of a picture and as much information pertaining to the reverse as possible.

As we identify new reverses, we will list them in the RDB making it easier for others to find and identify their reverse types so that they can accurately identify their item.

Please offer opinions, thoughts, suggestions, comments on how this feature is or can be more useful.

This is just another tool to help make SAC the premier community for silver art collectors!

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Aug 25, 2013

We finally hit 1000 items in our database in a short 6 months! If you guys havn't had a chance to visit the site, please do! We are trying to make SAC the #1 resource for silver art research and collection managing.

Thanks to all those who contributed and thanks to BS for letting me spread the word here about the SAC project!

Tony

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Tue Apr 01, 2014

Thought I would share with everyone about our monthly giveaway over at http://www.silverartcollector.com. This month's prize is a 5th edition Archie Kidd Guide Book donated by Stephen Kidd, Archie's son.

If you don't have one, this is a good opportunity to win one for free.

My site,http://www.silverartcollector.com, is dedicated to the hobby of silver art (bar/round/etc) collecting. We are friends/partners with BS and consider BS the #1 place to be for all things silver/gold stacking related and an overall fun place to hang out. Were it not for BS and the great members here, SAC would never have come to be, so I wanted to share this news with everyone here in case you have been looking for a guide book to help you along in the silver art hobby.

Thanks,
Tony

Kobeck

Postby Kobeck » Wed Aug 27, 2014

joined up to Silver Art Collectors

I know I have some of these that I bought back in the late 80s. I have no idea what I was buying just knew I was buying silver - LOL

anyways looking forward to identifying some of these things and hopefully trading them for fair value in bullion
Go Titans

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Mon Oct 20, 2014

I've been a member of the art bar site for a spell and can honestly say they have taught me more about my bars than I would have ever known. Tony is a top notch person in my book[and that page is far from full] and when he don't know the answer there are others who do. :thumbup:

AndeanCat

Postby AndeanCat » Tue Oct 21, 2014

pitw wrote:I've been a member of the art bar site for a spell and can honestly say they have taught me more about my bars than I would have ever known. Tony is a top notch person in my book[and that page is far from full] and when he don't know the answer there are others who do. :thumbup:

+1 ;) :kitty: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

whome

Postby whome » Fri Oct 09, 2015

I have found this site to be extremely helpful and would like to echo what some others have said. Thank you very much for creating and maintaining the SAC website.
It seems to be maintained very well, every time I go there it seems like new pieces have been added.
BANNED - FORMERLY KNOWN AS STEELERSFAN

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri Oct 09, 2015

2 1/2 years and you'd think I would have seen this before now. Always seems like I'm on the backside of the learning curve. But, grateful to you all responsible for setting up the no longer new except to me website and have registered. Have always appreciated silver art, bars and coins no exception. Have small and modest collection will have to separate it from the stack now.

Again, many thanks for a job well done.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent," Credited to Goebbles.

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Fri Jun 08, 2018

I apologize that I have allowed myself to become so busy with silverartcollector.com that I let my connection with BS lapse to the point it has. I will commit to doing better at communicating and staying in touch with updates on SAC and what is going on with the website and all that is happening with SAC.

Just to catch everyone up, I've recently updated the website to a new look and new functionality allowing for better and bigger things to come in the future. I'm always looking for new features to add to the website in order to make it more user friendly and to offer more functionality for you, the user. I've added a store where you can now buy supplies, art bars/rounds, books, and SAC branded products which I'll tell you about below. Best of all, everything is still free, just as it was from the very beginning!

One of the things I'm most proud about is the production and release of my SAC branded product line which includes the SAC 1oz bar slabs and the first SAC minted 1oz silver bar series "America's Finest". The slabs are 3-piece acrylic screw together designs that hold plain and enameled 1oz bars and come in single/double/triple bar layouts so that you can showcase sets as well as single bars. The single slabs are the same size as PCGS standard slabs and will fit in most any PCGS/NGC slab displays/storage boxes. I'm currently working on storage boxes for the double/triple slab holders. The next product line I've released is the SAC Mint bar series "America's Finest" and the first bar in the series is the "Marine". This will be a 7-bar series that will feature the 6 uniformed military branches and then a special bar at the end of the series. Each bar comes with it's own metal COA shaped like a military ID tag. All these products can be found in the SAC store.

Again, if there are any questions about silver art bars/rounds feel free to reach out to me any time or as most of you know Outlaw that is on here is an admin on my site and can answer most all your questions as well. Again sorry for the absence but I promise to be more diligent abut checking in more often.
Attachments
bundle.jpg
Marine bar set displayed in SAC Double bar slab.
bundle.jpg (348.94 KiB) Viewed 418 times

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”