Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Please put all polls here.

Will Trump start and finish the wall along the southern border within his 4 years in office?

Yes
27%
No
61%
Only if he gets a second term
12%

Total votes: 137

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Apr 09, 2018

t458 wrote:The wall is a terrible idea. It would stand as a permanent humiliation of Mexico. In the long run it would translate to greater cost to the US than the illegals. The US has only two neighbors and it builds wall against one? It would look very embarrassing.

I wish the wall weren't necessary. I wish the country had a fair, timely process for screening and approving immigrants wanting to come to the U.S. legally and that it was capped at some reasonable number, perhaps a half million a year. I wish we weren't rewarding law-breakers with amnesty and anchor-baby citizenship. All these wishes are irrelevant because they don't reflect the current reality of the situation.

Do I care if Mexico is "humiliated" by a wall? No. I care about my fellow Americans more than the perceived hurt feelings of foreigners.

Operadad

Postby Operadad » Mon Apr 09, 2018

dont put too much of a point on it DOGE....
should we go to war with north korea...?? no - we should not ever even think about them -
they have nothing we want or need. but if you feel that the have DELIVERABLE nuclear warheads ??
which i do not , by the way... then take him out - swift - and surgical. protect our people , without going to war and killing a million zealots that want to protect him...

the wall will not protect us... but sensors - monitored, if necessary from space wont either.
human vigilance will help, but wont stop a dedicated group of terrorists... sorry gang , a member of the secret service presidential detail stated flatly " if someone wants to kills an official, they can get close enough to do it" . also know that only 30 percent of active shooters can hit a bull in the azz with a bass fiddle.

this from a guy raised in a career military family...
no one loves peace more than one who must always be prepared for war.

AndeanCat

Postby AndeanCat » Mon Apr 09, 2018

I don't like the idea of spending so much money on the wall. Yes, I know he's creating jobs. I would want the money to have more jobs across the board in the USA.
ImageImage

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Mon Apr 09, 2018

t458 wrote:The wall is a terrible idea. It would stand as a permanent humiliation of Mexico. In the long run it would translate to greater cost to the US than the illegals. The US has only two neighbors and it builds wall against one? It would look very embarrassing.

We don't have people pouring in from the north. We do from the south. Who cares about embarrassment when the problem of people pouring in from the south has brought such disruption to our country. And why wouldn't a well monitored wall work?

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/border-fences-work/

dave
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

t458
Turtle Supporter

Postby t458 » Mon Apr 09, 2018

Actually IMHO the proportion of the problem is possibly overblown. A reality check would be the opinions of the states that actually border Mexico. According to what I can find by google, the majority of all of those states oppose the Wall, even the conservative state of Texas. California, New Mexico and Arizona opposing it is no surprise.

Texans oppose Trump border wall in Texas | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Those that commit crimes like Trump describe could be summarily shot and deported back to Mexico in corpses, I don't care. But the majority of them are not like that. In fact statistics show that the crime rate among these people, I think I read it somewhere, is actually lower than the rate in the general American population.

Where I live I get to see quite a few Latinos loitering about for work. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are illegals. But most of them look harmless to me. Willing to do any odd jobs for a few bucks.

If only they could be all registered, and given some basic preventive healthcare. If only they didn't have to be sneaky about it... If could be net benefit to this country, if not already.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Apr 10, 2018

t458 wrote:Actually IMHO the proportion of the problem is possibly overblown. A reality check would be the opinions of the states that actually border Mexico.

A reality check is the election of a reality TV star/businessmen getting elected president. One might argue that Hillary was a terrible candidate and that is why Trump won. Fair enough, I won't argue that. But how did he win the Republican nomination? He campaigned on the one issue that most Republicans either shy away from or only give lip-service to and then do nothing about it once in office - immigration & building a wall. That was his campaign. He beat 17 other well established and favored Republicans. That is your reality check.
t458 wrote:According to what I can find by google, the majority of all of those states oppose the Wall, even the conservative state of Texas. California, New Mexico and Arizona opposing it is no surprise.

Are you surprised that google search results are only showing you pro-amnesty, pro-illegals type results? Are you surprised that left-leaning journalists write articles for newspapers? See point 1 above. The people who voted, not the elites, want sensible immigration policies (not counting California which may soon become its own Marxist utopia - who knows).
t458 wrote:In fact statistics show that the crime rate among these people, I think I read it somewhere, is actually lower than the rate in the general American population.

Citation needed. This statement on its face is untrue. Anyone arriving to the country illegally has already committed a crime.
t458 wrote:Where I live I get to see quite a few Latinos loitering about for work. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are illegals. But most of them look harmless to me.

As long as they look harmless, that is what matters.
t458 wrote:If only they could be all registered, and given some basic preventive healthcare. If only they didn't have to be sneaky about it... If could be net benefit to this country, if not already.

If only, if only.... they could return to their country of origin. Please provide your opinion on if we should allow any person of any nation to register and be "given" some healthcare as long as they can illegally cross our border first. What is the limit? Where does it end? Shouldn't we be importing people from the Middle East, Africa, China and giving them all free stuff too? Why are we only allowing South American countries to break our laws and be rewarded? Shouldn't the rest of the world be afforded the same opportunities for unlimited immigration?

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
t458 wrote:In fact statistics show that the crime rate among these people, I think I read it somewhere, is actually lower than the rate in the general American population.

Citation needed. This statement on its face is untrue. Anyone arriving to the country illegally has already committed a crime.

Here's your citation:

In August 2017, we rated Mostly True a claim by candidate for California governor Antonio Villaraigosa that "undocumented immigrants commit less crimes than the native born." We interpreted his statement to mean undocumented people commit crimes at a lower rate than the native born.

http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... likely-co/

I don't know why you ask for a citation, because when it is provided you and others respond that the source is biased. Then I respond that this source is one of whatever number that has signed on to abide by certain journalistic responsibilities (see Poynter.org, partly funded by Charles Koch), and ask that you provide a counter-source from the same list. Then you respond that the list itself is biased. Round and round we go...

https://www.poynter.org/international-f ... principles

mtforpar

Postby mtforpar » Tue Apr 10, 2018

Just arriving illegally is just the beginning. To remain here illegally one has to continuously commit crimes to stay. Like all of these sources, they are only looking at a certain method of analysis and data set to reinforce their already formed assertion. I don't have the time or the inclination to do the research to counter it but common logic would dictate that stating a person who is here illegally commits less crime just does not hold up. The quote - "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" comes to mind.
Take advantage of Mr Rebates and get cash back on tons of Internet purchases. It works, it really works!!! Hit the link below and you are on your way and you will also receive a $5 bonus for signing up.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=395845

Don't miss out on Free Cash for everyday purchases.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Tue Apr 10, 2018

t458 wrote:Where I live I get to see quite a few Latinos loitering about for work. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are illegals. But most of them look harmless to me.

Who needs to cite objective statistics when we have thorough expert field reports like this :lol:

t458 wrote:If only they could be all registered, and given some basic preventive healthcare.

Not only does your virtue and compassion show in your willingness to accept unchecked immigration, but also in your desire to spend other people's money to give these individuals free stuff! :clap:

Open borders. The welfare state. Pick one or the other. The left is trying to have both, and that's not sustainable.

Personally, I don't think a border wall offers a very good return on investment. It's a government project, so it will take at least twice as long to build as expected, and cost at least 2-3 times as much as budgeted. Future presidential candidates would run on a platform of abandoning its maintenance or tearing it down. Plus walls keep people in as much as they keep people out. I don't see it getting built anyway. If anything, put up a continuous chain link fence with barbed wire and electronic surveillance. This is achievable and more in line with what the border patrol actually wants.

I would rather focus on streamlining legal immigration and dismantling the welfare state, the magnet that draws a lot of immigrants here. If we didn't have birthright citizenship, free/subsidized housing, free schooling, food stamps, utility subsidies, public transportation subsidies, and dozens of other handout programs that reward not working, that would mean the immigrants risking their lives to get here are coming here to work and establish a new life on their own merit, not just to take advantage of the welfare state. There are plenty of immigrants who come here, work hard, and mind their own business. But there are also plenty who come here, leech off the system, and complain that it isn't enough. The latter disparage the image of the former.

We also have plenty of homegrown reliefers and generational welfare families. Real, significant, meaningful welfare reform would help with a lot of problems.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu May 03, 2018

There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Fri May 04, 2018

Canada is now in favor of a 'wall.' (To those who will try to claim failure if an actual, physical wall is not built ... you know who you are ... you're an idiot. Just enforce the laws. Duh.)

But Canada—especially Quebec—says it cannot afford to house, feed, care for, and support the increasing number of refugees coming into the country.

The country’s stance on immigration is a departure from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s promise in January 2017 to welcome more refugees. Trudeau issued the statement after President Trump released an executive order which temporarily halted refugee resettlement.

But instead of changing its immigration laws or upping its border enforcement efforts, Canada is asking the U.S. to be stricter in allowing foreigners to obtain tourist visas.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -refugees/
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Thu Jun 21, 2018

There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Mon Jun 25, 2018

tdtwedt wrote:Image

I am telling you, Drones with missiles in the background will really make a point!
ImageImageImage

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Mon Jun 25, 2018

iron-pyrite wrote:

I am telling you, Drones with missiles in the background will really make a point!

If we're going for deterrent, I think squadron of Bell UH-1B Huey Cobras blasting Wagner's "Ride of the Valkaries" over PA speakers would make the point.

Then again, the kids these days (no matter what country they come from) might not get it.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Jun 25, 2018

Build a financial wall by strengthening and enforcing existing laws. Fine and jail the employers who hire illegal aliens. They are cheating at capitalism and profiting illegally while the the rest of us subsidize their slave-wage workforce.

RadioChemist
Platinum Supporter

Postby RadioChemist » Mon Jun 25, 2018

Rik Bitter wrote:
iron-pyrite wrote:

If we're going for deterrent, I think squadron of Bell UH-1B Huey Cobras blasting Wagner's "Ride of the Valkaries" over PA speakers would make the point.

Then again, the kids these days (no matter what country they come from) might not get it.

Something like this? :D
I'm beginning to think we should just go ahead and invade Mexico...
Last edited by RadioChemist on Tue Jun 26, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
”You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.” - Ayn Rand

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon Jun 25, 2018

MaxGravy wrote:Build a financial wall by strengthening and enforcing existing laws. Fine and jail the employers who hire illegal aliens. They are cheating at capitalism and profiting illegally while the the rest of us subsidize their slave-wage workforce.

Also, require proof of status anytime one applies for food stamps or any type of welfare or government assistance. Require proof of status for drivers license application. Just about every other country in the world does all of the above and more
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Tue Jun 26, 2018

The answer:
Purchase a long term lease of a 25' strip of land across the border in Mexico the entire length of the land border. With the lease funds Mexico agrees to construct the beautiful Donald Trump Memorial Border Wall to WH specs.
1) Mexico pays for the wall. 2) It is a Mexican wall - not American. 3) Everyone is happy and many fiestas ensue.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Jul 27, 2018

:P
ImageImageImage

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Fri Jul 27, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote::P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's just over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Return to “Polling Place”