The Bitcoin (crypto) Beginner's Guide

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: The Bitcoin (crypto) Beginner's Guide

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 23, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:Just ordered a Nano S...can't believe how long the backorder is on those things. Won't ship til March 26 but better late than never.

5 available right now: http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=26739

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Tue Jan 23, 2018

Everywhere I read it says to order the Nano directly from manufacturer...Lots of fakes and potential scammers....

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Tue Jan 23, 2018

I ordered mine from France directly from the company's website. I paid a small foreign transaction fee and it took about a week to arrive, but it was still cheaper than buying on eBay or Amazon.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Jan 23, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
BarsandStars wrote:Just ordered a Nano S...can't believe how long the backorder is on those things. Won't ship til March 26 but better late than never.

5 available right now: http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=26739

4 now.. will update. Mine are factory sealed.. Ordered from factory in france.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Wed Jan 24, 2018

damnit I wish i saw that before ordering
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

ttitle

Postby ttitle » Thu Jan 25, 2018

Robinhood is going to offer fee-free crypto purchases starting in February for Bitcoin and Ether.

If you aren't familiar with Robinhood, they offer free stock trades too. Here's a referral link:

Join Robinhood and we'll both get a stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint for free. Make sure you use my link. http://share.robinhood.com/travist121

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Jan 25, 2018

ttitle wrote:Robinhood is going to offer fee-free crypto purchases starting in February for Bitcoin and Ether.

If you aren't familiar with Robinhood, they offer free stock trades too. Here's a referral link:

Join Robinhood and we'll both get a stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint for free. Make sure you use my link. http://share.robinhood.com/travist121

I believe that they also have their own crypto app.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jan 25, 2018

Southpaw wrote:Good video on Binance

Good video and very interesting. Operational for only 6 months. Over 5,000 projects are trying to get listed. Wow!

AndeanCat

Postby AndeanCat » Thu Jan 25, 2018

I don't quite get it (insert Tom Hanks in "Big" where his character says, "I don't get it."). I have a Blockchain wallet with 0.1 BTC and 0.1 BCH. I don't get how to transfer or ask for money when the time comes to sell. I guess I'll look for YouTube videos. There's needs to be a simpleton version of all of this..LOL.
ImageImage

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Sun Jan 28, 2018

All crypto beginners need to watch this. ST has figured it out.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Sun Jan 28, 2018

Pretty funny. Guys a complete idiot....but it's funny!
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Sun Jan 28, 2018

I started with Doger's Binance, went to Tractor Man's ST and some how ended up here with From Bitcoin To Hashgraph: The Crypto Revolution - Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 8 - Mike Maloney. And even though I've been shown how to post these a half dozen times over my technotardation shines through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF362xxcfdk

Starts 3:00 min in. I like this.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Feb 02, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:For those unaware about the origins of the HODL term or meme, here is the original post that started it all.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0

Whiskey bottles and brand new cars, oak tree youre in my way...
ImageImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Feb 02, 2018

Just HODL. Hold On for Dear Life.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Feb 05, 2018

I'm clearly not very bright.

Southpaw
Gold Supporter

Postby Southpaw » Mon Feb 05, 2018

MaxGravy wrote:Image

I like it :mrgreen:

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Mon Feb 05, 2018

Clever indeed.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Wed Feb 07, 2018

Ok, I managed to register to Binance (BNB) and log in. Miracles still happen. Now I'm totally noobing out. So it looks favorable to buy some BNB to reduce my fees by 50%. Sounds good as I like BNB anyway. But, then if flashes I need to 2FA authentication so I don't get ripped off. Two-factor authentication, I have a vague idea. Choices are SMS (no idea) and Google (used only for searching information and mapping).

The idea will be to POS some Cryptos on a cheap laptop (already ordered, arrive in about two weeks) and transfer to a cold (hardware) wallet once it has significant value. So my questions are: Do I really need 2FA and if I do, is it going to be technically painful to make it happen? In my mind simpler is better as I have a low frustration factor when it comes to technology. And is there an Idiot's Guide to Buying on Binance? Because I'm still trying to figure it out. And, what is a good amount of BNB to start out with as I was considering it for a later purchase anyway. Perhaps number 4 or 5 down the line.

Taking a break from buying crypto now in order to decompress. Hoping to get some workable feedback. Cheers to all.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Wed Feb 07, 2018

Brick's wrote:Ok, I managed to register to Binance (BNB) and log in. Miracles still happen. Now I'm totally noobing out. So it looks favorable to buy some BNB to reduce my fees by 50%. Sounds good as I like BNB anyway. But, then if flashes I need to 2FA authentication so I don't get ripped off. Two-factor authentication, I have a vague idea. Choices are SMS (no idea) and Google (used only for searching information and mapping).

The idea will be to POS some Cryptos on a cheap laptop (already ordered, arrive in about two weeks) and transfer to a cold (hardware) wallet once it has significant value. So my questions are: Do I really need 2FA and if I do, is it going to be technically painful to make it happen? In my mind simpler is better as I have a low frustration factor when it comes to technology. And is there an Idiot's Guide to Buying on Binance? Because I'm still trying to figure it out. And, what is a good amount of BNB to start out with as I was considering it for a later purchase anyway. Perhaps number 4 or 5 down the line.

Taking a break from buying crypto now in order to decompress. Hoping to get some workable feedback. Cheers to all.

2FA can be a text message (SMS). Binance trading fees with BNB aren't bad but be careful before you withdraw to a wallet. I've seen fees as high as 13%, which is why I still have balances there.
I'm clearly not very bright.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Wed Feb 07, 2018

Buy a few BNB and you'll be a good for a while unless you plan to do a lot of trading. I bought mine @ $22 :shock:
Unless it drops by more than 50% AGAIN, you'll come out ahead using it to pay trading fees.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”