ETHEREUM

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
texmex66

Re: ETHEREUM

Postby texmex66 » Mon Jan 01, 2018

No clue. Chart has been basing for awhile now and breaking to new highs. Calls for $1k+ soon from TA experts. Ride the wave. :D

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Tue Jan 02, 2018

fmsfms2003 wrote:Why the run?

They did (are doing) alpha testing of Casper, once Casper is fully implemented, well sky is the limit :D I'm assuming this is why price went up, but then again, most of the coins are the green.

Ether is my biggest crypto holding, it was my first crypto way way back in February/March 2017...
"LiteCoin, the original shitcoin" - Fabio 2018

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

No love for ETH. :pop:

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Mon Jan 08, 2018

texmex66 wrote:No love for ETH. :pop:

Too many Bitcoin lovers here ;)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Jan 08, 2018

Fabio wrote:
texmex66 wrote:No love for ETH. :pop:

Too many Bitcoin lovers here ;)

I like ETH a lot. I just don't like another clogged, slow network. Its success (like bitcoin) has led to its issues. My last TX cost me about $5. The first attempt of $1.75 "ran out of gas" and the second attempt at $3.25 went through. All told, $5 to send some QRL around. Bitcoin as a "store of value" crypto can have higher fees and be fine. ETH with high fees is unworkable and needs a solution - but the price keeps rising regardless.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Dang! that ETH. I exchanged all my XRP @ $3.21 for ETH @ $925 to escape volatility and secure my XRP gains. Man o man am i lovin ETHs slow steady grind higher. :D

Hear calls for $15-$1700 before this run is over then, Haejin comes out with his analysis. :thumbup:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@haejin/eth ... orrections
:pop:

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jan 09, 2018

I tossed a bunch into ETH as well just trying to get prepared for some ICOs I was planning to get in on. Enjoying the upward movement though.
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Jan 09, 2018

See a small arbitrage on ETH. Buy ETH/USD $1355 on GDAX, exfer to Binance and Sell ETH/BTC for $1415. Fees may eat any small gains though IDK. 8-)

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Thu Jan 11, 2018

texmex66 wrote:See a small arbitrage on ETH. Buy ETH/USD $1355 on GDAX, exfer to Binance and Sell ETH/BTC for $1415. Fees may eat any small gains though IDK. 8-)

This stuff is so weird. Right now it's the opposite, Binance lower by 20-30 bucks. Probably changed by the time you see this message, though.
ImageImage
Get $150 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom Unlimited no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/18/05WHH3FP4R

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Sat Jan 13, 2018

I love you ETH. :lol:

Making new highs $15-$1700 in site. I sat on my hands with ETH during this last dump. Chart looks MAAVALOUS :D

Ripple who?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 13, 2018

texmex66 wrote:I love you ETH. :lol:

Making new highs $15-$1700 in site. I sat on my hands with ETH during this last dump. Chart looks MAAVALOUS :D

Ripple who?

ETH is on fire. It is about to pass 0.1 BTC. I thought that BTC was getting ready for a pump, but I think ETH is stealing the thunder.

Fabio

Postby Fabio » Sat Jan 13, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
texmex66 wrote:I love you ETH. :lol:

Ripple who?

ETH is on fire. It is about to pass 0.1 BTC. I thought that BTC was getting ready for a pump, but I think ETH is stealing the thunder.

I heard a rumor Lightening is coming soon, so hopefully I get me some thunder from ETH and lightening from BTC.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Jan 16, 2018

I read something about ETH doing a hard fork on Jan 19th and ETZ (etherzero) will be the result. Is anyone buying ahead of this? I understand in order to receive the ETZ, you have to have ETH in a wallet (MEW for example) Then I heard it's cancelled, then it's back on, then it's cancelled. WTF is going on with this? Anyone know what the deal is here?
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Jan 25, 2018

So I guess that fork never happened?

Interesting that coinbase is not allow ETH transfers out. I went on reddit and you can tell a lot of people invested money they cannot afford to lose b/c those guys are losing their sh*t.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Thu Jan 25, 2018

BarsandStars wrote:So I guess that fork never happened?

Interesting that coinbase is not allow ETH transfers out. I went on reddit and you can tell a lot of people invested money they cannot afford to lose b/c those guys are losing their sh*t.

Has Coinbase given a reason for this? Wonder if one could simply transfer to GDAX and then transfer out from there. If this persists for more than 3 days it would be concerning.

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Thu Jan 25, 2018

Hopefully "not been sent successfully" just means the transfers didn't begin, rather than they were sent into the blockchain outer darkness.
ImageImage
Get $150 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom Unlimited no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/18/05WHH3FP4R

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Jan 25, 2018

I was expecting an ETH purchase on coinbase to be credited today around 11am and that didn't happen. No reason given on coinbase.

anaecoin

Postby anaecoin » Fri Jan 26, 2018

I was looking around for a good info source on ethereum and I stumbled on this website
SHILL LINK REMOVED

It was informative, really. Just a question to everyone, I'm planning to switch from BTC to ETH. BUT, what can you suggest? should I stick on what I have or better do the switch? thanks in advance!

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Fri Feb 09, 2018

Apparently the MEW co-founders had some serious disagreement in the future vision of the project. There is now a split. MEW & now MyCrypto.

Highlights here: https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/09/myetherwallet-fork/

Taylor's story here: https://medium.com/mycrypto/mycrypto-launch-6a066bf41093

Bottom line - your crypto is safe. It is never "inside" of MEW. MEW or metamask or mycrypto are merely interfaces to interact within the ethereum virtual machine (blockchain). You will likely be able to use either of these services in the future. MEW looks to be functioning normally right now, but I've not had to use it yet since this divorce.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Fri Feb 09, 2018

anaecoin wrote:Just a question to everyone, I'm planning to switch from BTC to ETH. BUT, what can you suggest? should I stick on what I have or better do the switch? thanks in advance!

My personal opinion: ETH is good to have for diversity in your portfolio, but I would not go all-in at this stage of the crypto market's evolution. Bitcoin is a better buy than Ethereum at the moment, IMO, in terms of how much each can climb back from the very recent crash, but I like some ETH (as well as some LTC, some NEO, etc.) But not too many alts. When the market recovers, I feel not every alt that was partying before the crash will regain their following.

Edit: I said the above based on prices that were 36 hours old. Bitcoin has increased more than Ethereum since then, I believe, which reduces the "better buy" factor a little. I still would not trade all my BTC for ETH, unless the amount is so small that it doesn't make sense to divvy it up. But go with your gut, not mine. :thumbup:
Last edited by Long John on Fri Feb 09, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”