Alt-coin Qtum

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Alt-coin Qtum

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Jan 08, 2018

Markets, and their participants are irrational. A comparison of the number of Dapps for QTUM vs NEOS is a good example of that statement. I think NEOs has a grand total of 1, and that is with a 2 year head start.

I hope that NEO does well, because it really isn't a competitor to QTUM. In some ways, the two applications compliment each other. Unfortunately, many of the NEO people think differently.

It's not bad here on BS, on Reddit there is are a lot of trolling. I think their time would be better spent encouraging NEO to start getting some Dapps written.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Market participants didn't base their decision what to dump today on the number of dApps. They sold pretty much everything on the market list (exception: NEO), with QTUM and its dApps slammed harder than anything else at one point this morning. I don't know why. I don't have anything bad to say about QTUM. They should have dumped Ripple a lot harder than QTUM.

NEO's dApp list is a couple dozen deep, not 1. But I doubt that's why NEO owners held tight through the big sell-off today.

Once upon a time when QTUM was a small fraction of its current price you were warning people not to waste their money on it. Oops. QTUM has done very well in its short existence, today's dump notwithstanding. I was in and out of it a couple times. In hindsight I should have stayed in. But I was consolidating into Bitcoin. Oh well. :lol:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Long John wrote:Market participants didn't base their decision what to dump today on the number of dApps. They sold pretty much everything on the market list (exception: NEO), with QTUM and its dApps slammed harder than anything else at one point this morning. I don't know why. I don't have anything bad to say about QTUM. They should have dumped Ripple a lot harder than QTUM.

Not true - market participants include the hodlers, most of whom could give a rats azz about the market, as long as there is an overall upward bias.

There have been a number of times when I'll go for a couple of days without checking the prices. I don't even think about it. That's the Zen of being a hodler.

If there has been a big correction since the last the last time I checked, I have no emotional response to it. I do have an intellectual curiosity for the reasons that caused the decline.

Long John wrote:NEO's dApp list is a couple dozen deep, not 1. But I doubt that's why NEO owners held tight through the big sell-off today.

I admit I was wrong on this one, but I've been saying that for awhile, so why haven't I been corrected before now? I thought we're all here to learn.

Long John wrote:Once upon a time when QTUM was a small fraction of its current price you were warning people not to waste their money on it. Oops. QTUM has done very well in its short existence, today's dump notwithstanding. I was in and out of it a couple times. In hindsight I should have stayed in. But I was consolidating into Bitcoin. Oh well. :lol:

I never said not to "waste your money". At that time and price, QTUM was simply water - there was nothing behind it. My perspective was maybe a bit skewed because buyers at $12 were getting the same product I bought at 31 cents. My intention for that post was to protect newbs from getting burnt. It did run higher, but it also fell back to the $7-8 range.

One of the newbs on BS was whining about QTUM being stuck at $12. I told him to quit whining and relax, Qtum will take care of itself, which it has.

I don't understand why you would want to consolidate into Bitcoin. That train left the station a long time ago and you missed it. $1000 was OK for an entry price, but sub $200 was the sweet spot. Besides, Bitcoin is a dinosaur. The only thing it has going for it is first mover status, name recognition, and the fact that there is a lot of institutional interest and infrastructure in it. That's a lot of what drives/supports the price. It is hard to imagine Bitcoin ever being a currency. Bitcoin Cash.....maybe.

It's going to be interesting watching the big money short Bitcoin down to $7-8 thousand dollars to scare the crap out of us little guys. Reddit/r/bitcoin will sound like a nursery. The hodlers chuckle, because they know this is just a big experiment, albeit profitable, that is still in progress.

You'll make a lot more money by just picking a good ICO like QTUM, buying it at the issue price, and sitting on it. Let's walk thru the math.....

1900 QTUM cost me $596 in Bitcoin. Last Saturday night when it was at $103, my position was worth $195,700. Right now, it is worth $105,000, and that is from a $596 investment.

Let's talk about another one. Me and 11 thousand other people ground-floored Ethereum. I bought 1000 at 31 cents...yeah $315 for a 1000 Ether. I traded in and out of it a few times, and each and every trade was profitable. I sold out after the DAO fiasco. Again, I made money on ETH.

However, if I had just sat on my $315 investment, it would be worth over $1 million dollars today. I'm not going to make that mistake with Qtum.

Buy and hodl - that's how you make money in these things, not going "in and out a couple of times". Sit on your hands, and don't click the mouse. I'd rather do that then trying to make (or lose) $500 by trading. Traders like to talk about their profitable trades, but they never mention their losses. Plus, you don't have to thumb your phone every 15 minutes.

Congrats John, on your 1st year in crypto. You're no longer a newb.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Jan 10, 2018

Qtum’s new ecosystem trailblazer — Baofeng Bokocloud

Qtum is officially announcing that it has reached a strategic collaboration agreement with Baofeng Bokocloud to achieve the world’s first BCN (blockchain consensus network) service.

Baofeng Player, an app developed by Baofeng, has been committed to providing Internet users with the most convenient and straightforward Internet audio and video solutions since launching in 2007. Baofeng Player is one of the most popular online video players in China, with over 200 million users, due to its high-quality videos and fantastic user experience. Qtum’s blockchain will help Baofeng with their blockchain consensus network infrastructure. Baofeng was listed in March 2015 by Shenzhen Stock Market, and is now valued at more than 8 billion CNY according to the data from Shenzhen securities exchange.

It is also planned that Baofeng will help Qtum to run over 50,000 full nodes on their Bokocloud service (currently the Bitcoin network has around 10,000, and Ethereum has 20,000 full nodes). Baofeng will work on Qtum to introduce new video distribution, copyright protection & payment system technology. Baofeng hopes that the blockchain industry could help revolutionize the existing video creation and the distribution system.

Baofeng realized the enormous potential of a dynamic integration between blockchain technology and the traditional video industry. Qtum is the world’s first proof-of-stake smart contracts platform and has caught the eyes of many from the conventional business world for its efficient underlying technology. It is incredible for Baofeng to work with Qtum and more importantly is that we could see blockchain technology become mature enough to be utilized in various fields.

“We’re excited to be supported by Baofeng,” said Patrick Dai, the founder of Qtum. “Baofeng’s huge user base is a treasure for us. We are looking forward to having more developers to share their ideas and contribute their code to our platform, and dedicate themselves to the development of blockchain technology.”

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Medium: Luna’s STARS Tokens to be Powered by QTUM
https://blog.qtum.org/lunas-stars-tokens-to-be-powered-by-qtum-9238fb3ecd09

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

This is an upcoming ICO that requires QTUM as payment.

APIS(Advanced Property Investment System)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2694364.msg27526984#msg27526984

APIS Whitepaper
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PVCeeuq0I4LYdvYIYjqXGGzssrDMUSn9/view

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

A little disappointed today with coin market cap decision to remove the Korean exchanges price points on coins.

While it might be a non issue with most coins (BTC $24,000 was less than 3% Total volume),

QTUM korean volume is nearly 80%

We are already lacking the EYES on QTUM in the west. This only helps to keep it lower on the coin listing and at time of writing 25% down on the day at $56 when the Korean Exchanges are at $86.00

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Medium: The Qtum / $QGUP Developer Challenge (2 minute read)
https://blog.matchpool.com/the-qtum-qgup-developer-challenge-8e0529506fc8

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed Jan 10, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:A little disappointed today with coin market cap decision to remove the Korean exchanges price points on coins.

While it might be a non issue with most coins (BTC $24,000 was less than 3% Total volume),

QTUM korean volume is nearly 80%

We are already lacking the EYES on QTUM in the west. This only helps to keep it lower on the coin listing and at time of writing 25% down on the day at $56 when the Korean Exchanges are at $86.00

Removing them from the equation makes a lot of sense to me. Most of the world cannot actually realize the prices coming out of the Korean exchanges. I have always valued my crypto based on prices at an exchange I can actually sell on, since the CMC numbers were out of reach. Now the prices should more accurately reflect what the majority of the CMC audience can actually obtain.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Jan 10, 2018

QTUM is not the only currency to see its average CCM price drop with the removal of the Korean exchanges. Of course the entire CCM market cap dropped, though the market is starting to shake it off. It's just that QTUM relied on Korea's high prices more than most. Still, $50 isn't peanuts. Wish I still had some QTUM, at the price I paid back then.

Nate makes a good point. For some time I have been tracking Bitcoin on Coinbase/GDAX rather than using the CCM average, because the latter had become skewed by a few exchanges with much higher prices. CCM was only a few hundred dollars' higher for BTC, usually. But I notice Coinbase has now resumed its former status as one of the higher prices on CCM.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jan 11, 2018

Reddit: Ocean Chain will publicly issue OC tokens to create an ecosystem of marine fisheries - A Qtum Dapp.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Qtum/comments/7pez6w/ocean_chain_will_publicly_issue_oc_tokens_to/
Last edited by Bucketeer on Fri Jan 12, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Thu Jan 11, 2018

WineChain, on Qtum.

This is the 1st time I've heard traceabilty mentioned in a Dapp. The logistics of the Silk Road Initiative are going to make Qtum a big winner.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qtum/comments/7pnby8/a_strategic_investment_in_wine_chain_and_qtum/
https://www.winechain.org/home/en

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Jan 12, 2018

Qoinbook: “Singapore-Based Ethereum…”
https://qoinbook.com/qtum/

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Vision of Space Chain - A Consensus Mechanism for Breaking Barriers in the Space Field - A Qtum Dapp
https://www.reddit.com/r/Qtum/comments/7pw3n5/vision_of_space_chain_a_consensus_mechanism_for/

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Reddit: chrisco255

As a top 20 crypto, Qtum has done incredibly well this year. For one, the Qtum team has actually delivered more than just a white paper. The team actually delivers on deadlines they set for themselves. They've shipped the first proof-of-stake smart contract platform built on Bitcoin-like UTXO transaction model, with better performance than Ethereum and BTC combined.

I think Qtum is uniquely positioned. By combining technology from Ethereum and Bitcoin, Qtum is able to lean on the two largest communities in crypto and incorporate the improvements from both into the Qtum mainnet. A lot of cryptos out there that claim to support more transactions per second either lack the robustness of Ethereum's virtual machine or the security of Bitcoin's UTXO model. Qtum has BOTH of these properties. And as ETH and BTC release various scaling solutions, Qtum team can cherry pick the ones that work best to scale Qtum even more.

Qtum runs Solidity based smart contracts. As the first-to-market smart contract platform, Ethereum has a huge head start over other cryptos. There are more dev tools, frameworks, dapps, libraries, etc built for Ethereum's Solidity than any other crypto. One recent report said Ethereum has 30x more developers than any other currency. Since Ethereum smart contracts can run on Qtum, ETH developers can port their dapps to Qtum with minimal effort. Why would they want to do that? To get access to other markets and also to get better performance!

Still, despite Solidity's current dominance, there is demand to build smart contracts on other programming languages and other virtual machines. Qtum smartly abstracted the Account Layer from the UTXO settlement layer, which allows Qtum to release multiple virtual machines, including x86 (in progress), which will allow Qtum to support other popular languages including C#, Java, JS, etc.

Qtum has a growing and vibrant community, 50 dapps either released or coming up, 2000 nodes on the network and climbing. The dapps that have been released are actually quality projects (although a lot of them are geared towards the Asian market).

Qtum is worth holding! Robust technology, talented team, innovative community!

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Sun Jan 14, 2018

WARNING! WARNING!

I just bought my first QTUM. Don't think they are just gonna sit here and watch NEO steal the show. QTUM has been basing for awhile and looking like it wants to turn up IMHO.

Crash helmet on. :pop:

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Jan 14, 2018

texmex66 wrote:Crash helmet on. :pop:

Mandatory advice for cryptos,

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Jan 26, 2018

Medium: Banca Will Build A Cryptocurrency Investment Bank Community Based On Qtum.

"New life is flowing into Qtum’s ecosystem constantly, and Qtum is moving steadily towards the goal of becoming an enterprise-friendly blockchain platform."

https://blog.qtum.org/banca-will-build-a-cryptocurrency-investment-bank-community-based-on-qtum-5d30c3ae1292

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri Jan 26, 2018

Is this Banca in the article the same "Banca Intesa" or something else? Trying to get a handle on "Banca".
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”