Any Vegetarians here?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Re: Any Vegetarians here?

Postby fredzoyt » Tue Dec 19, 2017

jcz1 wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:Mcdonalds has too much diversity for my tastes. Gimme In & Out Burgers any day.

Although, I do like a good veggie burger.

Wait, are there In & Out Burgers around here? I may have to switch back for a day. :shh:

Unfortunately there is not. I've just made so many trips to the left coast I've had I&O many times. :)

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

fredzoyt wrote:
jcz1 wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:Mcdonalds has too much diversity for my tastes. Gimme In & Out Burgers any day.

Wait, are there In & Out Burgers around here? I may have to switch back for a day. :shh:

Unfortunately there is not. I've just made so many trips to the left coast I've had I&O many times. :)

How do they compare to Five Guys, which certainly isn't diverse?

(Since I started this thread, I approve this drift, temporarily.)
Dissenting voices have been silenced. BS is now a safe space.
Democracy Dies in Darkness

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Dec 19, 2017

The rich western diet, E.g. fast food, kills 11 times more people every day than tobacco. Would you let your children smoke?
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

jcz1 wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:
jcz1 wrote:

How do they compare to Five Guys, which certainly isn't diverse?

(Since I started this thread, I approve this drift, temporarily.)

I would say they're pretty equal/compatible. There's almost like a cult following for I&O. But to their credit, they use fresh ingredients, their menu is short and sweet: they do burgers, fries, milk shakes, soft drinks... and that's it.

However, our local Bobby's Burger is better than I&O or Five Guys. So when I need a burger fix, it's Bobby's for me. :thumbup:

Dave

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

MaxGravy wrote:The rich western diet, E.g. fast food, kills 11 times more people every day than tobacco. Would you let your children smoke?

I'm not a fast food regular AT ALL. A burger joint like these is something I may frequent maybe a few times a year. All things in moderation IMO. When it comes to eating-- I'm a home boy. But that doesn't stop me from making a recommendation if I know of a decent food joint.

Would I let them smoke? It depends... I would let them smoke salmon, chicken or turkey when the we fire up the smoker. :P

p.s. My many trips to I&O is because I'm not always picky when traveling and I succumb to eating when & where it's convenient.
Last edited by fredzoyt on Tue Dec 19, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

jcz1 wrote:McDonald's to sell a McVegan burger in Europe

The fast food chain plans to start selling a McVegan burger in hundreds of restaurants across Sweden and Finland starting on December 28.

The sammich, which has already been tested at a handful of McDonald's locations in Finland, consists of a soy patty, bun, tomato, lettuce, pickles, onion, ketchup, mustard, oil and an egg-less sammich sauce.

"Like our other burgers, the McVegan is tasty and has a good texture," said McDonald's (MCD) spokesperson Henrik Nerell.

The meatless burger, which was developed in partnership with a specialty Norwegian food company called Orkla, could help the American chain capitalize on increased demand for vegetarian and vegan foods.

McDonald's said the burger will be on its permanent menu in the two countries, a response to "more and more" people wanting to eat "plant-based food" that is better for the environment.

"As the main ingredient is plant-based, the McVegan is considered to have a smaller climate impact," McDonald's said. Livestock farming is responsible for around 14.5% of global greenhouse gas emissions, according to the UN.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/19/news/mc ... index.html

I have yet to find a veggie burger that is any good, and something tells me this won't be the one.

Black bean burgers can be pretty tasty!

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

jcz1 wrote:VEGETARIAN DIETS CAN REDUCE HEART DISEASE RISK BY ALMOST 50 PERCENT COMPARED TO EATING MEAT

Scientists looked at five different dietary plans to determine which cut heart failure risk the most: convenience (including fast food and pasta), plant-based, sweets, Southern (which included sweet beverages and fried foods) and alcohol/salads. People who consumed mostly produce decreased their risk of heart failure by 42 percent, according to a release, compared to those who ate less fruits and vegetables.

http://www.newsweek.com/foods-your-hear ... ure-709894

So glad they added this part: "The other plans weren't associated with better health." No, really?

It would have been better if they used more normal, non-veggie diets. "Sweets" is not a dietary plan. And what the heck is an "alcohol/salads" diet anyway?

Ummm, heard of "The China Study"? This is not new. Also read the book of Daniel for an even earlier study.

:grinch:

texmex66

Just ordered a double double at In N Out Burger. :D

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Tue Dec 19, 2017

texmex66 wrote:Just ordered a double double at In N Out Burger. :D

No animal style 8-)
ImageImageImage

texmex66

DRP270 wrote:
texmex66 wrote:Just ordered a double double at In N Out Burger. :D

No animal style 8-)

Unfortunately not, with cheese and onions to boot. :shifty:

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Dec 19, 2017

texmex66 wrote:
jcz1 wrote:VEGETARIAN DIETS CAN REDUCE HEART DISEASE RISK BY ALMOST 50 PERCENT COMPARED TO EATING MEAT

Scientists looked at five different dietary plans to determine which cut heart failure risk the most: convenience (including fast food and pasta), plant-based, sweets, Southern (which included sweet beverages and fried foods) and alcohol/salads. People who consumed mostly produce decreased their risk of heart failure by 42 percent, according to a release, compared to those who ate less fruits and vegetables.

http://www.newsweek.com/foods-your-hear ... ure-709894

So glad they added this part: "The other plans weren't associated with better health." No, really?

It would have been better if they used more normal, non-veggie diets. "Sweets" is not a dietary plan. And what the heck is an "alcohol/salads" diet anyway?

Ummm, heard of "The China Study"? This is not new. Also read the book of Daniel for an even earlier study.

:grinch:

I've met T. Colin Campbell and have an autographed copy. ;)
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Dec 19, 2017

We have become everyotherdayatarians. We only eat meat every other day. I like it because it makes me appreciate a nice piece of meat more. We usually go fish then chicken then beef.. eat a lot more veggies...
Outstanding!

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Tue Dec 19, 2017

IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG (38.12 KiB) Viewed 660 times
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

agnostic wrote:IMG_1208.JPG

WOW that's hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Dec 20, 2017

fredzoyt wrote:

Would I let them smoke? It depends... I would let them smoke salmon, chicken or turkey when the we fire up the smoker. :P

lol
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Dec 20, 2017

Engineer wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:The rich western diet, E.g. fast food, kills 11 times more people every day than tobacco. Would you let your children smoke?

Is that based off the study where people who eat nitrate laden foods weren't separated from those who try to eat clean?

Bologna doesn't equal grass fed steak, and blue cheese doesn't equal blue cheese dressing with the first ingredient of soybean oil.

Rather than attacking meat, wouldn't it be more productive to target the substances which make it toxic?

A rich diet isn't a bad thing in itself. I just scarfed down a grilled sammich of refried beans, grass fed (non-steroid) burger with refried beans, on homemade organic bread buttered with good quality ghee.
It was a rich meal, but it doesn't compare with a "beef" and sawdust burger from McDonald's, served in a roundup laden bun sprayed with termite poison, topped with "artificial cheese food" made from trans fats, nitrate laden bacon, and smothered in a quarter cup of mayo made from soybeans sprayed with glyphosate just before harvest...then garnished with high fructose corn syrup.

JCZ identifying as a soy boy is starting to make sense, though...that many phytoestrogens can wreak havoc on the mind as well as the body.

Dont forget the GMO foods
ImageImageImage

SilverCat
Gold Supporter

Postby SilverCat » Sun Dec 24, 2017

I've tried, but have made peace with the fact that we live on a planet where we eat each other. When I'm thanking Great Spirit and Mother Gaia for sustaining me, I also thank the animals who have given so much to help keep me alive. I've made a standing offer to any and all critters whose body I have eaten a chunk of to hit me up in a future lifetime because I am indebted to every one of them.
:wanted: 2012, 2013, and 2015 Rodebaugh 100 gram bars; Rodebaugh SS #1,2,3,4 & 6.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Mon Jan 08, 2018

Some vegan humor. :)

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Tue Jan 09, 2018

fredzoyt wrote:Some vegan humor. :)

Oh my god, the dog at the end. Hilarious.

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Tue Jan 09, 2018

Denise Minger debunked if you will the most important parts of the china study.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”