HyperStake Experiment

Discussion of all things crypto and blockchain.
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

HyperStake Experiment

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 03, 2017

I have been staking alt-coin Hyperstake for some time. Hyperstake (HYP) is a pet project from one of the PIVX developers that I've mentioned previously. It is a cheap alt-coin that came to life in 2014. The developer PressTab took a leave of absence to focus on PIVX while leaving it in the hands of another guy who died about 6-9 months ago. Now that Zerocoin protocol is live on PIVX, PressTab is more active back in HYP.

This is a highly speculative crypto, low market cap, low volume. I do not know if this will have future value, but at 18 sats it is super cheap. Traded on an exchange here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=HYP_BTC

I like this coin for 2 reasons: 1) PressTab is the developer & he is bringing on a second guy to help, 2) it was one of the first proof of stake (PoS) coins out there and I can get a ton of stakes when staking it in my wallet due to its emission rate, so even if the price is flat I am gaining more HYP.

The experiment: I will be offering NFL game bets and perhaps other bets and paying in HYP. If I lose, I will pay 150% of the bet to you in HYP. So if we bet on the Steelers for $50, and I win you can pay me $50 via PayPal Friends & Family, or $50 in ETH, QRL, or DBET. If you win, I will send you 150% of the bet, in this case $75 worth of HYP at current prices as listed on Cryptopia. So at 18 sats, that would be about 42,000 HYP. You can either hold it and stake in your own wallet, trade it on Cryptopia for bitcoin, or transact it somewhere else to another HYP user/holder.

Why do this? I am wanting to help build the HYP community and maybe if we are all lucky, get into a super cheap coin before it builds in value. I know there is development going on behind the scenes, and HYP is under the radar. I can't guarantee anything with this low volume crypto but that is why I'm willing to pay out extra and give some free HYP away to those willing to take a shot. And if you don't really want it, you can always simply trade it for bitcoin, and then your favorite alt of choice too if desired. That is the beauty of the free market of crypto.

HYP Discord channel: https://discord.gg/4f7zj7E
HYP Wallet download: https://github.com/hyperstake/HyperStake/releases
HYP Chart: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hyperstake/
HYP instructions: https://imgur.com/a/mjIlk
HYP Crypto-City data: https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/hyperstake-hyp-ann/info

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Re: HyperStake Experiment

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 03, 2017

Exciting weekend ahead. I've already got 11 games on the line now, and I'm even rooting against my home team in one of them. :shifty:

Chaboo
Turtle Supporter

Postby Chaboo » Sun Dec 03, 2017

I'll second Travis' comments on staking (while thanking him for mentioning it in the past). It's my best staking coin. There are runs where it doesn't earn any rewards for a few days but most of the time it's every day and some times multiple times a day. ....I hope presstab releases a new wallet soon as I'm pondering buying a raspberry pi and the latest version of the wallet for the pi is 2 2/12 years old.

Cryptopia is easy to create an account/use and I have no problems with the wallet so, while I'd nab any HYP people wanted to sell, I'd say take Travis up on his offer, keep it and start staking. :thumbup:
New to crypto, join coinbase and we both get $10 (after you spend $100) https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d979166908ae017761881d

Get cash back from Mr Rebates for shopping online.
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=626685

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Dec 06, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:Exciting weekend ahead. I've already got 11 games on the line now, and I'm even rooting against my home team in one of them. :shifty:

Well I had 12 games on the line this weekend. I went 6-6, but due to the deal I've got currently, I pay 150% for each loss.

Therefore I will be paying out 125,000 HYP this week to the winners. Congrats :clap:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Dec 18, 2017

I am paying out another 78,500 more HYP this weekend after this week's slate of games.

Do I get a tax write off for these losses I wonder? ;)

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Dec 25, 2017

This is a 7 day chart on HYP. Great timing for those who were able to purchase or trade into some these last 3 weeks. PressTab (primary HYP dev) recently said that many local investors that have been entering into HyperStake as they hear about his plans for it over the coming months. Many of those are people that are new to crypto, but not new to investing, so they are looking for a mid to long term hold (usually at least 1 year plus).

He now has one person working 20 hours a week exclusively on HYP marketing, and 3 other devs working on HYP behind the scenes with him. They have been keeping most of the work pretty quiet until it is the correct time to release details. They don't want to announce things before testing the tech, but they are working an internal voting system to operate inside the wallet software which is cool, while also updating the rewards to fund a marketing budget.

I'm personally getting between 4-6 stakes per day on average which is great.
HYP Week.png
HYP Week.png (63.76 KiB) Viewed 1104 times

Yellek
Turtle Supporter

Postby Yellek » Mon Dec 25, 2017

That's awesome.
I bought this about 3 weeks ago when I saw you doing this experiment.
It was my first crypto purchase. (Thank you for the walk through)
This should be fun to watch along with the other experiments that are going on.
m r purty. I like 'em gold 'uns.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Tue Jan 02, 2018

HYP currently trading at 70 sats. It was at 17 sats when I started the experiment here in early December. Development is underway and 2018 is looking positive.

cabbie31

Postby cabbie31 » Wed Jan 03, 2018

I bought 10k a few days ago...Is this enough to stake with?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 03, 2018

cabbie31 wrote:I bought 10k a few days ago...Is this enough to stake with?

Yes, but don't split it inside the HYP wallet if you only have 10k HYP. This is about the bare minimum needed, and it could be a while before you see a stake. Remember it takes 8.8 days (currently) before you qualify for a stake.

cabbie31

Ok, thanks...Even after 8.8 days there is a (good?)chance that might not receive anything?

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 03, 2018

cabbie31 wrote:Ok, thanks...Even after 8.8 days there is a (good?)chance that might not receive anything?

After 8.8 days you are qualified and vested to skate. After that it is like a lottery and you are in competition with everyone else. It might take a week, it might take 7 weeks. PressTab recommends to have at least 100k HYP to give yourself a better chance of staking on a decent basis.

cabbie31

100k, hmmm.. well the good news is that it has gone up nicely since i bought in(64sats) still gonna give staking a try though

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sat Jan 06, 2018

Blog update from the HyperStake team:
https://medium.com/@hyperstake/hyperstake-a-look-into-the-new-year-b638ff19184d

During Quarter 4 of 2017 HyperStake has added 2 new developers, a blockchain strategist, and a marketing team. The team is based out of Salt Lake City, Utah, United States and does not work remotely like most blockchain teams do. Working together at the same location allows HyperStake’s team to work together to create solutions instead of working in isolation.

Behind the scenes, HyperStake has been developing a new blockchain platform, known as HyperChain. HyperChain allows for the ability to launch third party scripts when transactions are sent to your address that have a certain encoding and are sent from specific addresses. In addition, HyperChain will make it easy to add small amounts of immutable data to the HyperStake blockchain. Be on the lookout for HyperStake’s whitepaper within the next few months describing the development and concepts behind HyperChain.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 10, 2018

HYP now has 4 developers and an 8 person team according to this latest update here:

https://medium.com/@hyperstake/meet-the-hyperstake-team-55ea2615debe

Six months ago this coin was on life support when the co-founder died and PressTab was working only on PIVX. Quite the improvement since then. Every time I get a stake of 1,000 HYP (I get more than 1 daily), that is currently the equivalent of $15 of HYP. This is my small-cap crypto dark horse for 2018.

Giddy-up

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 31, 2018

Hyperstake update with new roadmap here. Also an updated white paper coming out in February.

https://medium.com/@hyperstake/hyperstake-2018-quarter-1-184bd7c5125b

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Wed Jan 31, 2018

How does the staking work? Is there a walkthrough on how to set it up? I have some HYP but it's sitting in the exchange currently waiting on me to move it.....

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jan 31, 2018

Preludedude wrote:How does the staking work? Is there a walkthrough on how to set it up? I have some HYP but it's sitting in the exchange currently waiting on me to move it.....

See the links in the first post about the wallet and instructions. I use an older version of the HYP wallet because the most recent version pings a false positive on my anti-virus software. PressTab is aware of the issue and will likely fix it for an upcoming wallet upgrade in the future.

Return to “Bitcoin/Crypto/Blockchain”