The Tailgate - Sports Central

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Re: The Tailgate - Sports Central

Postby MasterBlaster » Fri Nov 10, 2017

trapperrick wrote:
MasterBlaster wrote:Pat's only get stronger...Marty Bennett signs with NE, Gronk & Bennett :clap: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2135 ... tt-waivers

Kind of odd that Green Bay put Marty on injured reserve with a concussion supposedly so bad that it might jeopardize his season now all of the sudden he's back with the Pats practicing with the team. Just more shady dealings coming out of New Beanland.

I thought it was Bennett's shoulder that was injured, GB's Dr wanted him to play but Bennett got 3 second opinions that all said surgery was needed. Now I heard all this on a Boston sports radio program today, also Bennett tweeted that this was most likely his last season, he seemed to loose interest when Rodger's went down but miraculously Bennett was at Patriot's practice today and may suit up for Sunday :duck: "Shady" dealings from NE, how's that? GB put him on waivers, NE made an offer, any other team could have also, can't blame Bennett for wanting to play for a winning franchise and TB12.
ImageImageImage

trapperrick

Postby trapperrick » Sun Nov 12, 2017

MasterBlaster wrote:
trapperrick wrote:
MasterBlaster wrote:Pat's only get stronger...Marty Bennett signs with NE, Gronk & Bennett :clap: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2135 ... tt-waivers

Kind of odd that Green Bay put Marty on injured reserve with a concussion supposedly so bad that it might jeopardize his season now all of the sudden he's back with the Pats practicing with the team. Just more shady dealings coming out of New Beanland.

I thought it was Bennett's shoulder that was injured, GB's Dr wanted him to play but Bennett got 3 second opinions that all said surgery was needed. Now I heard all this on a Boston sports radio program today, also Bennett tweeted that this was most likely his last season, he seemed to loose interest when Rodger's went down but miraculously Bennett was at Patriot's practice today and may suit up for Sunday :duck: "Shady" dealings from NE, how's that? GB put him on waivers, NE made an offer, any other team could have also, can't blame Bennett for wanting to play for a winning franchise and TB12.

Well, this was office rumor sports talk on Friday and if Bennetts injury is just a shoulder and not a concussion as reported by my co-worker than that was an uninformed, erroneous post on my part. Being a long time football fan I used to follow what has been going on around the NFL and college levels but this year have not followed closely or even at all the last few weeks which obviously has affected my BS Pick'em this season... :lol:
“I, Franklin D Roosevelt…do declare that said national emergency still continues to exist and…do hereby prohibit the hoarding of gold…”

EXECUTIVE ORDER 6102, issued by US president Franklin Delano Roosevelt on April 5th 1933, banned private gold ownership .

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Nov 12, 2017

Two things i wouldnt want to do in football

#1 Try to tackle Darius Guice
#2 Have to play Miss St at home
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017

trapperrick wrote:
MasterBlaster wrote:
trapperrick wrote:

Well, this was office rumor sports talk on Friday and if Bennetts injury is just a shoulder and not a concussion as reported by my co-worker than that was an uninformed, erroneous post on my part. Being a long time football fan I used to follow what has been going on around the NFL and college levels but this year have not followed closely or even at all the last few weeks which obviously has affected my BS Pick'em this season... :lol:

There is still something fishy with him. This is him on Instagram talking about why the Packers shouldn't have released him for "failure to disclose a physical condition":

"The packers examined my shoulder on my visit March 10 and cleared it," he wrote. "They even gave me an xray as well. It got worse during the season, specifically against the Cowboys so I asked to have it checked out and we checked it. After a few days of contemplating to play with it or get surgery, I chose surgery. Now here we are ..."

He said he chose surgery. So why did he sign with NE, pass his physical, and is listed as questionable for Sunday night's game in Denver? :roll:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2136 ... leased-him
Democracy Dies in Darkness

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Sun Nov 12, 2017

Bennett with a nice catch...he looks healthy...Pat's up 20-6 2nd quarter/
update: Pat's 34-16 4:00 3rd quarter. They look awesome :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

Lucky me

Postby Lucky me » Mon Nov 13, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:Two things i wouldnt want to do in football

I’m just glad my team was able to accomplish both of those you have listed this year and what do you know we are still undefeated. I don’t think we can beat Auburn in a couple weeks.injuries have really hurt Alabama’s defense this year.
Roll Tide Roll

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Nov 13, 2017

Lucky me wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:Two things i wouldnt want to do in football

I’m just glad my team was able to accomplish both of those you have listed this year and what do you know we are still undefeated. I don’t think we can beat Auburn in a couple weeks.injuries have really hurt Alabama’s defense this year.

I should have said the 2 things to not try in College football :)
Those Bulldog Cowbells and the crowd will eventually get to the opposing players

The Iron Bowl should be a great one this year.
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017

MasterBlaster wrote:Bennett with a nice catch...he looks healthy...Pat's up 20-6 2nd quarter/
update: Pat's 34-16 4:00 3rd quarter. They look awesome :thumbup:

"It got worse." "I chose surgery." His own statements.

Then, like magic, he signs with NE and looks healthy. :roll:

Lucky me

I hope it’s better than Georgia vs Auburn. That one was disappointing starting to look like the big 12 or the longhorn conference.
Roll Tide Roll

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Nov 13, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:The Iron Bowl should be a great one this year.

Auburn Beats Bama, then loses to Georgia in SEC championship. CFP committee determines that all 3 of these teams are equally awesome, and puts them all in the CFP, with Oklahoma. Leaving out an undefeated Miami and undefeated Wisconsin because the SEC is just that elite. Rest of the country riots.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Nov 13, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

Auburn Beats Bama, then loses to Georgia in SEC championship. CFP committee determines that all 3 of these teams are equally awesome, and puts them all in the CFP, with Oklahoma. Leaving out an undefeated Miami and undefeated Wisconsin because the SEC is just that elite. Rest of the country riots.

It seems harder on SEC teams to make it to the playoffs bc the teams have to play against each other every year. And then there is the SEC championship game at the end of the season too. Somebodys got to lose that one :(

Home field advantage is big in the SEC
ImageImageImage

Lucky me

Silver doge has it figured out. Unfortunately it will only be two sec teams in the playoffs this year. Face it the rest of the country stinks except for those in the south.
Roll Tide Roll

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Mon Nov 13, 2017

Lucky me wrote:Silver doge has it figured out. Unfortunately it will only be two sec teams in the playoffs this year. Face it the rest of the country stinks except for those in the south.

The Northeast has to be the worst, with only Syracuse and Boston College, unless I'm missing someone?
ImageImageImage

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Nov 14, 2017

I've been looking forward to this Sunday night's Eagles-Cowboys game since the beginning of the season. However, after seeing some of the Atlanta-Dallas game last week I'm not sure if it's going to be much of a match up. On the other hand, it's a division game and it your team can't get up for those you've got much bigger problems then a few key players being injured.

Go Iggles.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Tue Nov 14, 2017

It seems like Bennett just wanted to "Ball" after GB sided with their Dr about playing through injury and after Wild Bill Belicheck called him (after he was placed on waivers)...http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... n=20171114
ImageImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017

Nats' Max Scherzer wins his 2nd straight Cy Young, and 3rd in the last 5 years. :clap: :thumbup:

Stephen Strasburg (guess which team :wave: ) was third in the voting.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:

If the season ended today, guess which conference would have 2 of the 4 playoff teams?

Hint - it's not the SEC. :wave:

bankmining

Postby bankmining » Wed Nov 15, 2017

jcz1 wrote:Nats' Max Scherzer wins his 2nd straight Cy Young, and 3rd in the last 5 years. :clap: :thumbup:

Stephen Strasburg (guess which team :wave: ) was third in the voting.

I remember when my favorite team (Detroit - I grew up in Michigan) had a rotation a few years back of Verlander, Scherzer, David Price, and Doug Fister. And we couldn't win the Series :(

Lucky me

Postby Lucky me » Thu Nov 16, 2017

jcz1 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote:

If the season ended today, guess which conference would have 2 of the 4 playoff teams?

Hint - it's not the SEC. :wave:

Good thing there is more ball to play!!!
Roll Tide Roll

Lucky me

Postby Lucky me » Thu Nov 16, 2017

ACC, but Clemson and Miami will play and eliminate one of the two. The same will happen with the sec. No matter how the cards fall there’s going to be at least one team who doesn’t deserve to be there.
Roll Tide Roll

Return to “Burgers and Beers”