BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Re: BS Banter-For the drivel that belongs no where

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Tue Oct 03, 2017

mnymgr1 wrote:anyone know of a listing / info on a Mickey Mouse 1oz Sixty Year silver round, has 1969 on front side, backside is 1928-1988. Mickey is in a spacesuit. Believe it was made by Rarities Mint, big R underneath the 1969 on front side.

I just can't find this bar anywhere. Just spent 20 minutes at ebay, think I'm just searching for it wrong.
thanks for any help / link.

This it?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/1988-DISNEY-Mick ... 0408.m2460

And another.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mickey-1oz- ... 0408.m2460
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Tue Oct 03, 2017

Super Stacker PCB wrote:
mnymgr1 wrote:anyone know of a listing / info on a Mickey Mouse 1oz Sixty Year silver round, has 1969 on front side, backside is 1928-1988. Mickey is in a spacesuit. Believe it was made by Rarities Mint, big R underneath the 1969 on front side.

I just can't find this bar anywhere. Just spent 20 minutes at ebay, think I'm just searching for it wrong.

This it?

And another.

Nice catch! I looked and came up empty.
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017

Super Stacker PCB wrote:

This it?

And another.

yes it is, thanks
I did find a couple in the sold area finally in my ebay searches
Mine are definitely no longer proofs.
actually sold it already to a member here
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017

This 45-foot statue of a naked woman could be coming to the Mall for four months

A 45-foot-tall statue of a nude woman, weighing in at 16,000 pounds, will greet visitors on the Mall for four months if activists have their way. They say the steel statue would stand in a yoga mountain pose near the Washington Monument facing the White House, depicting a strong woman feeling confident in her body.

The massive artwork would be the main attraction at the annual ­“Catharsis on the Mall” in November — a festival in the nation’s capital dubbed a “Burning Man” for Washington. Burning Man, an annual desert festival outside Reno, Nev., is known for building a hippie-like community that promotes art, self-expression, inclusiveness and civic engagement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/th ... 2da358872a
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Thu Oct 05, 2017

jcz1 wrote:This 45-foot statue of a naked woman could be coming to the Mall for four months

A 45-foot-tall statue of a nude woman, weighing in at 16,000 pounds, will greet visitors on the Mall for four months if activists have their way. They say the steel statue would stand in a yoga mountain pose near the Washington Monument facing the White House, depicting a strong woman feeling confident in her body.

The massive artwork would be the main attraction at the annual ­“Catharsis on the Mall” in November — a festival in the nation’s capital dubbed a “Burning Man” for Washington. Burning Man, an annual desert festival outside Reno, Nev., is known for building a hippie-like community that promotes art, self-expression, inclusiveness and civic engagement.

BEWBS! Finally, something we can all agree on.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

jcz1

Rik Bitter wrote:
jcz1 wrote:This 45-foot statue of a naked woman could be coming to the Mall for four months

BEWBS! Finally, something we can all agree on.

Pence will probably veto this idea, since he would no longer be allowed near the Mall without his wife, :lol: but maybe Trump will overrule him!

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Thu Oct 05, 2017

A good balance for that gigantic phallus that is the Washington Monument.
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

jcz1

agnostic wrote:A good balance for that gigantic phallus that is the Washington Monument.

That's an excellent point. So this statue should be permanent. :thumbup:

mnymgr1

anyone know an art site that might help me .....

Postby mnymgr1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017

Went to our local Habitat for Humanity store yesterday, I love deals and they certainly have them there.
They got in a bunch of artwork for 2 weeks now. Saw something yesterday, took pics and checked at home.
To my surprise and dismay, I should have bought it yesterday as this artist of prints is fairly well known.
Headed back today and they had sold a ton of art, now I'm ticked at myself as I also skipped an uber cool $10 piece the week before, was told they sold all 20 copies of those in under 4 hrs.
Anyways, walked around and found a clearance art bin in back and there it was sitting in the box, almost ready for the dumpster.
I grabbed it and now have to find out any kind of past pricing, I've looked at probably 25 art sites today, just no help and/or they want $$ to see past pricing.

Artist is Shoichi Hasegawa, 88 years old.
The name of the print, 99 were made, is Les Nympheas...........I think. The last few letters are not legible to me or my son. I do have pics on my phone if they'd help. His other work goes for $150-1200 online. Thanks for any sleuthing you might do.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Thu Oct 05, 2017

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/cristo-re ... e/12788221

Probably belongs in the "snowflake" thread... ;)
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Local High School Is sending a terrible message.l

Postby Diggin4copper » Mon Oct 09, 2017

I drove by a local High School yesterday and there was an electric sign under their school sign. The message scrolling on it was "The tassel is worth the hassle".
I think that's a horrible message to send to young High School students. They should be told hard work pays off later in life. Or something like that.. not an apology from the Faculty... I think it should say "shut up sit down and listen". We are so screwed as a country......rant over...
Outstanding!

DRP270
Site Admin

Re: Local High School Is sending a terrible message.l

Postby DRP270 » Mon Oct 09, 2017

Diggin4copper wrote:I drove by a local High School yesterday and there was an electric sign under their school sign. The message scrolling on it was "The tassel is worth the hassle".
I think that's a horrible message to send to young High School students. They should be told hard work pays off later in life. Or something like that.. not an apology from the Faculty... I think it should say "shut up sit down and listen". We are so screwed as a country......rant over...

I think 'the tassel is worth the hassle' is saying working to graduation (the tassel) is worth the effort (the hassle) and pays off in the future (the worth). I do not see an apology at all. Help me with your view.
ImageImageImage

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Oct 10, 2017

On first view, it sounds like that, but think about it..
The people in charge are admitting that they are hassling the kids..
School is supposed to be a place to learn, not endure...
Outstanding!

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Oct 10, 2017

Diggin4copper wrote:On first view, it sounds like that, but think about it..
The people in charge are admitting that they are hassling the kids..
School is supposed to be a place to learn, not endure...

And if todays kids think that school is a hassle, just wait until they enter the real world work force.
Now thats a big hassle and its for a lifetime :|
ImageImageImage

everything

Postby everything » Tue Oct 10, 2017

Many don't have to work, look at the laziness of societies/cultures, technology keeps making life easier and easier, robotics, outsourcing, plastics, CAFO farms, automation. One example is the Chinese 1 child policy, Mom and Dad are leaving back huge estates, here in the U.S. all you need to do is get by, I've met homeless people who are happier than people I work with. The hassle I see many being challenged with these days is just maintaining their health.

I agree with diggin regarding the hassle of tassel, some older and wiser folks, they grew up when education was less a right and more of a luxury. Not everyone could afford to spend their days sitting around in the schoolhouse, being, um, err hassled by teachers, might I say a profession that is earning less respect and wages itself as we go forward.

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Tue Oct 10, 2017

"Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds,"

Kudos to the US Post Office helping out it very difficult circumstances............ :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 92681.html

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Wed Oct 11, 2017

The most expensive doughnut in the world is covered in 24-karat gold

The priciest doughnut on the planet is filled with champagne and topped with 24-karat gold.

It's called the Golden Cristal Ube, and a dozen will set you back $1,200.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/11/worlds- ... -gold.html
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

xippi
Turtle Supporter

Postby xippi » Wed Oct 11, 2017

ImageImageImageImageImage

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Wed Oct 11, 2017

come on man, why are ppl eating all the gold? eat copper or lead!!! Fluffy Kittens!!!
Pay with and accept: PPFF, GW, Square Cash, BoA transfer/deposit, Zelle, MO, checks, cash, BTC, LTC, ETH, trade or chicken feathers...
ImageImage

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Thu Oct 12, 2017

interesting observation :shifty:
Attachments
comment...JPG
comment...JPG (58.25 KiB) Viewed 118 times

Return to “Burgers and Beers”