DixiesilverMiner

Silverwildcat
Silver Supporter

Re: DixiesilverMiner

Postby Silverwildcat » Sat May 19, 2018

Just completed my first deal with the miner. Absolutely blown away by the detail and quality work. Even shipped in personalized gift boxes tied with twine bows. Will definitely add a couple more pieces from mr and mrs dixie.
Sorry the pics suck but believe me these are amazing
20180519_155926-1.jpg
20180519_155926-1.jpg (318.91 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Attachments
20180519_155951-1.jpg
20180519_155951-1.jpg (296.16 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Image ImageImage

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun May 20, 2018

So glad you like them! We love it when our pieces get a good home! Thank you !!!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Sunday night metal chat by dixiesilvergirl

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun May 20, 2018

Happy Sunday! It is time again for us to discuss metal plans, stacking strategy and goals.

We had a good week and have added a few more grams of Gold to our stack along with some more melting metal, we are very happy with our progress and feel that our goals are on track to being met. How is your plan holding up? Have you had to make any changes? Are you focusing on something special you are stacking? For us we are still stacking Gold as our main stack, mainly due to storage ease as we also have to store our melting metal, pieces in progress and completed pieces,

Last week I talked about the importance of making someone knows the full scope of your stack and it’s real value so that your heirs really get what you leave them, This is a tough call on letting someone know what you have with balancing security of your stack. Too many people know and it could be an issue, ideally the one you tell should be the one that will receive it or at the least distribute.

I briefly talked about estate planning so the government doesn’t take a large share, and so I did a little more research and learned the United States Federal government imposes an estate tax not an inheritance tax, this means the estate pays these taxes before the balance is distributed to the heirs.If an asset is left to a spouse or a federally recognized charity, the tax usually does not apply. And there is a federal gift amount that is exempt that changes year by year. It was $5.5 Million on 2017 but More than doubled for 2018 and is currently $11.8 Million. In addition, Some states do impose the inheritance tax Currently in the United States, 12 states and DC have some form of an estate tax here is a list I found(https://www.jrcinsurancegroup.com/the-c ... -for-2018/) purely from google search and do not endorse anyone on this subject, i am just sharing my thoughts and journey as I research. This lists each state that currently charges estate taxes and the dollar amount of the state’s exemption to help you determine if your heirs are facing an additional estate tax liability. Keeping in mind this is for the total estate not just the precious metal values.
Connecticut – $2,600,000
District of Columbia – $11,200,000
Hawaii – $11,200,000
Illinois – $4,000,000
Oregon – $1,000,000
Maine – $11,200,000
Maryland – $4,000,000
Massachusetts – $1,000,000
Minnesota – $2,400,000
New York – $5,250,000
Rhode Island – $1,537,656
Vermont – $2,750,000
Washington – $2,193,000
Luckily for most people the exemptions are high enough so it is not an issue but reviewing this sooner rather than later is a good idea, especially if you live in any of the states listed above. And Each state has a different structure and fee schedule so you should check that out also For example, Pennsylvania imposes an inheritance tax in the form of a percentage of the value of a decedent's estate. Rates vary depending on your relationship to the decedent. Interestingly, Spouses and any children under 21 don't pay the tax, however direct descendants(ie, Grandchidren) pay 4.5 percent, siblings pay 12 percent and unrelated people pay 15 percent. This is all something you should consider when planning your legacy, unless your entire treasure is lost at sea in a boating accident(which happens a lot I have heard) it is best to minimize the loss to your heirs and plan for what their taxes could be.
In Comparison the USA is the 4th highest estate taxes globally as shown in the table provided by https://taxfoundation.org/estate-and-in ... und-world/
Table 1. Top Estate or Inheritance Tax Rates to Lineal Heirs in the OECD

Ranking
Country
Tax Rate
Japan
55%
South Korea
50%
France
45%
United Kingdom
40%
United States
40%
Spain
34%
Ireland
33%
Belgium
30%
Germany
30%
Chile
25%

So if you are reading this no matter where you live, it would be wise to spend a few minutes on a little research and for some of you to get a professional consultant to make sure things are in order. Most importantly always store your metal on your Boat!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/9bc4e49 ... id=8040162

Thanks for Reading and Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Re: DixiesilverMiner honoring our military weeked

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sat May 26, 2018

we are doing live pop up pours all weekend in honor of our military
we will be on instagram and Youtube showing all the pours
here is a link to our last one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N65oZxJCCW4

Set a notification and follow us on Instagram so you don't miss any of the fun
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun May 27, 2018

Happy Sunday! This is Dixiesilvergirl with Sunday Night Metal Chat, I have been talking about our metal Goals and happy to say we are steady adding gold to our stack, waiting on a new mail call as i type! I have also spoke about how you can leave your stack for your family when you pass, What if you have no one that will take care of the stack or know how to liquidate it or maybe you have noone you want to leave it too. Have you thought about how you could liquidate it and maybe take an awesome vacation or move somewhere you have always wanted to, your plan for your stack maybe for it to pay for your retirement. You need to be sure you have a plan on how you will sell and what your responsibility in taxes could be if you do.

I have seen tons of articles online on how to sell your gold, like this one:
https://www.kiplinger.com/article/savin ... -gold.html

It is important to know capital gains laws and be sure you do what you can to keep as much in your pocket for the fun you have planned!
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/taxes/c ... tax-rates/

Many countries have laws in place and no matter where you live you should check out the laws to be sure,
https://taxfoundation.org/us-taxpayers- ... rate-oecd/
I would love to hear if your plans and if you have considered any of these consequences if you are going to use your stack as your retirement income.

Thanks for reading and Happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Jun 03, 2018

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is doing well and that your metal plan is on track. We were talking about do you have a sell number? After all don’t they say everyone has their price.

If precious metals finally go up as so many predict the day is coming. What is the magic number that would get you to sell? if you sell what would you buy or do with the proceeds? We have talked a lot about it, we don’t have a set number, we have no plans to sell unless it is needed.

Although the idea of needed can be subjective and can also be replaced with wanted, just recently we saw a post where the seller wanted a Nintendo Switch and another where they needed new tires. It is cool to see people using their stack to fund large ticket purchases instead of adding to their debt, to have the freedom to make those purchases with the wealth they had stacked. We also love to see trades or purchases made with metals, Have you ever paid for something with silver? When our melting furnace got fried, we sold some metal and ordered a new one in a couple of days, it was a nice feeling to have that freedom.
We have done several metal for metal trades and it is always fun. I would love to hear your thoughts on what would make you sell. Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Jun 10, 2018

Ok forget all the talk of metal plans and strategy for a minute, today after seeing a post on Reddit where the OP asked for pics of everyone’s favorite silver for their birthday, I realized that one of the best parts of stacking is finding a piece that makes you think WOW that is awesome. So I thought it would be a lot of fun to to ask everyone to show us their favorite that they own and/or their favorite they want to own. For me my favorite seems to change on a regular basis but that is not only because I have a front row seat to the creations my husband is making but that on a daily basis you can go onto the internet and find something new that you have never seen before.Here is my current favorite piece

But the list of items that I want to own is very long with so many talented craftsmans and the large mints making art rounds and bars, it is so hard to decide what to get next.

So go ahead and show me your favorites! Maybe we will all find something to add to or wish list.
Thank you and happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Jun 17, 2018

Happy Sunday all! Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s! We spend a lot of time talking about our stacking plans and we have talked about leaving a legacy, about passing it down to our kids, grandkids and their kids. But is that enough if you don’t pass the knowledge of the metal along to your kids too? First i am going to start with the definition of a Father:Fa·ther ˈfäT͟Hər noun
a man who has begotten a child;
synonyms: dad; pop, pa, dada, papa; old man, patriarch, paterfamilias
"his mother and father"

This is a very basic definition, but being a Dad just because you can make a baby is not how it works, being a Father comes with a lot more than this and is a job can be done by another but it is a job for life. Most everyone spends their life with an image of their Father whether it is good, bad or nonexistent and it shapes everything you do in life. When you become a Father everything you do becomes the image your child will carry.

There are so many things you can teach your child, your beliefs, what is right , what is wrong, your trade and life lessons. As they get older don’t be afraid to let them see your mistakes, or how you struggle with decisions this is how they learn and understand that the best way to be a Father is to do your best and never quit trying. Take the time to enjoy the moment no matter who you are with but especially your father and or children this is a very special bond and should be appreciated every day not just this hallmark holiday once a year.

I am lucky to have been married to an amazing man and today we are celebrating fathers day for the 25th year, we were so young when we started this but he has been an amazing man that works through his growth as he helps our 3 boys grow. Every day he works for our family, in so many ways and now that our oldest has become a father it is amazing to see him helping our son become the father he wants to be.

The circle of life has been spinning for ever and we are all just a small part of it. Make your mark, there are so many ways and teaching your kids how to be able to take care of themselves is a great way to do that. Teach them about metal and real money, take the time to share what you know and why we have the items in your stack, help them to be able to grow the stack and build their legacy. I know many of you don’t tell anyone about their stack for security but how secure is it if when your family gets it they don’t know what it is? Teach your children to think for themselves and to question everything, this is one of the greatest gifts you can give.

Thanks for Reading and Happy stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

The big Announcement Instagram #communitypourgaw

Postby dixiesilverminer » Wed Jun 20, 2018

There’s something huge in the works on Instagram so trust us when we say if you don't have an account it is time to get one!

#communitypourgaw
IMG_20180620_101336_734.jpg
IMG_20180620_101336_734.jpg (61.56 KiB) Viewed 530 times

We are very excited to be part of this giveaway with many of the other Instagram Hand Pour artists!
This is the brainstorm of @msagan and it has come together really quickly.
We have gotten most of the smaller pourers of Instagram together to give back to the very community that got us started!! We are giving a 15+ Troy oz 999 silver bar away with all of our stamps on it and a COA from each of us!! @dixiesilverminer will be pouring the bar live Wednesday night at 10 pm est, so don't miss it!!

Rules and regulations will be posted in the near future. Spread the word, share and repost!!!

Make sure you are on Instagram and follow everyone
@dixiesilverminer @recklessmetals @polarbearpours @californiawildpig @stackin.weight @john.mcclane87_jjmbars @bullseyesilverbars @jp_metals @heavymetals713 @chirostacktor @evolmetals @vollmerpouredsilver @santoro_precious_metals @blue_line_bullion

We will be pouring the bar live on Instagram Tonight at 10pm and as the bar travels the country to be stamped there will be updates along the way! Stay tuned for full details and the GAW date!

Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Thu Jun 21, 2018

We had seen all the Mene posts on Steemit honestly had not paid the attention that we should have before, sure we looked and read and thought the items looked pretty but had not followed through to look at the website. We heard from some friends on Discord that they had used the Fathers day sale code and got a great price on some cool stuff so we went ahead and checked it out. We had just ordered a couple of other pieces and still did not know what mene was all about so we decided to order a charm to find out. after lots of looking(they have so many cool items) We ordered the evil eye charm. Lots of nice packaging and a COA
evileyecharm.jpg
evileyecharm.jpg (57.52 KiB) Viewed 460 times
0621181811c_Film1.jpg
0621181811c_Film1.jpg (902.37 KiB) Viewed 460 times
0621181822b_Film1.jpg
0621181822b_Film1.jpg (496.97 KiB) Viewed 460 times

we are very pleased with our first mene piece and are sure this will not be our last, a quality product at a good price with an exquisite presentation. Well done Mene Well done!

If you have not checked them out yet, what are you waiting for? Click here, and you can get $5 off your first purchase Invite Link: https://mene.com/invite/3yJboH

Thank you for reading and Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Jun 24, 2018

Happy Sunday! Today I thought we could talk about the up and down trends of Silver. There seems to be annual patterns and those ebb and flow like the tide. Silver goes up and down almost on schedule and anyone that has been stacking for a while should already know it,but for those that have not had a chance look at the history you may be costing yourself some money.
This is a very easy to read article and shows the trends in an easy to understand format.
https://goldsilver.com/blog/the-best-ti ... n-2018-is/
Here are some highlights from this article, they calculated the average gain and loss using every day of the year starting in 1975 (when it was once again legal to buy gold in the US) and put it in this easy to read chart.

avg gold.png
avg gold.png (48.72 KiB) Viewed 420 times
avg silver.png
avg silver.png (50.92 KiB) Viewed 420 times

Now you can see that we are in the best season of the year! Lowest silver prices all year, so instead of worrying about a “crash” or the prices
Tanking” instead stock up,Mid June is black friday and Cyber Monday for the silver market. This works well as early January is the best month for buying Gold so you can add the most bang for your buck every 6 months. Something to keep in mind when you are planning your stacking market!
Thanks for Reading and Happy Stacking!
DSM Silverwithstyle

Purple and Gold

Re: Sunday night metal chat by dixiesilvergirl

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Jun 24, 2018

I knew that summers are always slow but I didnt know that early Jan has been the yearly low point for PM's.
Learned something new, thanks
ImageImageImage

dixiesilverminer

Friday night pour silver and copper

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Jul 01, 2018

Happy Sunday!
Many of us are stacking with the end goal of having something to leave our loved ones: a jump start on their future: a little security, a legacy or least a good story to be told after we are gone. Precious metal is a large part of what we are planning but it is important to remember that there is more to what you are leaving then the metal. Your actions and habits become part of what you leave too, it is your story and you can write it anyway you want. We want to make sure that we leave not only the physical metal but skills and ethics that are as solid as the metal.
The world today is all about, fast easy and comfort. Well anyone that has actually succeeded in the world will tell you that none of those equal success. With all the posts that we do about the miners work you can see that he is a slow, methodical, do things right the first time kind of guy. One of the reasons we have been together for so long is that we both have an ingrained respect for doing things more traditionally and understand that hard work is not easy work.
There are many ways to do things and often the hard way will give you the best results.
This weekend is the Miners birthday and one of the presents I have planned is his favorite meal, in our family it is our tradition that we have a family meal with all of us together, we do not go out to a favorite restaurant to celebrate, I cook and we all spend some time around the table laughing and making memories.
Everyone has a favorite and The Miners is a family recipe his Grandmom passed on to me, and only me LOL. It takes about a day and lots of attention to make and I started yesterday, We call it Granny’s noodles, homemade egg noodles with succotash made with large lima beans and fresh corn,a whole chicken and gravy.
This was a dish she always made in early summer when the first crop of beans and corn were ready, which is right about this time of the year, so this meal is one that reminds him of childhood memories, to me this is a gift that can not be bought or replaced. Today for Sunday dinner(a tradition that our family is trying hard to sustain because we all want the little ones to have that memory of dinner at Grandmamas and Papas every week) all our boys will be here and it is the first year our grandbaby will be part of it, what a cool feeling to think of the traditions and memories we are making for us, our kids and theirs. Here are a few pics of the making of the dinner:

I learned a lot more from her than how to make her noodles,
You will see here in the picture

the noodles are not all symmetrical like from a machine, when I first made them it was very important to me that they were the same to make a perfect dish, she told me that for the dish to be right the noodles have to be uneven,the different textures hold the flavors differently and makes the dish better. So now my noodles, are all different shapes, sizes and thickness, none of them are perfect alone but together they are, just like our family. Sort of a Hallmark kinda story but that does not make the message any less true. So Stack away, but love, laugh and remember not everything has to fit into a perfect image, just your perfect image.
Here are the final results-

So my thought for today is stack the metals but don’t forget to stack the memories too, it is never all about money even true money like gold and silver. I would love to hear your thoughts
Happy Stacking!
https://imgur.com/a/U7PtaRr
DSM Silverwithstyle

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Re: Friday night pour silver and copper

Postby Blue Angel » Sun Jul 01, 2018

That is a truly heartfelt and thoughtful post. Thank you for that and you are absolutely correct. Love you and your wonderful family. Take care.

dixiesilverminer

Postby dixiesilverminer » Sun Jul 01, 2018

Thank you! That means a lot
DSM Silverwithstyle

93 OCTANE
War Eagle Supporter

Postby 93 OCTANE » Mon Jul 02, 2018

I was having a bad Monday until I read your post and viewed your pics now I feel blessed to have run across such a wonderful synopsis of life in general.. Thankyou!
Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”