Wireless security for your safe! AVIS by Bayswater Blue

Frozenguy

Wireless security for your safe! AVIS by Bayswater Blue

Postby Frozenguy » Mon Sep 18, 2017

Hi BS members :wave:

Our safes buy precious time from thieves. Make use of that time and get AVIS to secure your safe. No subscriptions or fees, just pure security.

AVIS will instantly text and/or email you when your safe is threatened or opened.
Made in America
Patent Pending

What AVIS will do for you:
You will have instant information regarding your safe, wherever you are in the world (with cell phone coverage).
Provides specific crucial information when you cannot get to your safe.
Instantly text/email you when your door is opened, and also when closed.
Power tool attacks like cut off wheels, drills, and grinders will be detected by vibration sensors
Tilting of the safe (pallet jack or tipping over to pry open) will be detected by the internal tilt sensors
Attempts to pry open the door will be detected by the pry sensor
Plus more!

If any of these events are detected, you will have a text and/or email within seconds, specifically telling you which has been triggered.

Every AVIS system comes with a complete suite of 10 sensors to fully monitor your safe or vault rooms. Batteries included. Power adapter included on 110V models. Free shipping to US.

(1) External, magnetic, harmonically tuned vibration sensors can be placed anywhere in the safe and you can add as many as you want.
(1) 6" magnetic anti-pry sensor will detect an attempt to pry open your safe or vault door. Add as many as you want.
(1) Antenna sensor will alert any disturbance with the external antenna.
(4) Tilt sensors internal to the base unit will monitor the upright orientation of your safe and notify you of any sufficient changes.
--An optoelectric sensor instantly detects whenever the vault or safe door is opened, even in dim lighting conditions.
--High precision digital temperature and humidity sensor by Texas Instruments. Long life with very little drift.
(3) Individual microprocessors with redundant monitoring capabilities for maximum security reliability.

ORDER HERE - free shipping on all orders to United States
http://bayswaterblue.com/order.html

$235 for the 110V models with batter backup
$229 for the battery models with extended life (16+ months)
$30 each additional vibration sensor, 2+ = $25 each
$45 each additional anti-pry sensor, 2+ = $40 each

The website is constantly being improved and I'm currently working on adding more and more content.
Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you for checking this out.

AVIS Quick Set up Guide to get AVIS into secure mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02fu5JFTRI&t=15s
AVIS hardware install guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLhn8EiY_0&t=2s

heckofagator
Silver Supporter

Re: Wireless security for your safe! AVIS by Bayswater Blue

Postby heckofagator » Mon Sep 18, 2017

Any thoughts on this vs the Liberty Safelert?
Interested in common date AU/BU Morgans - my Dansco book is empty and I need lots of holes filled.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Sep 18, 2017

Pretty cool but wouldn't a motion sensor tied to an alarm do the same thing?
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Frozenguy

Postby Frozenguy » Tue Sep 19, 2017

heckofagator wrote:Any thoughts on this vs the Liberty Safelert?

Thanks for asking :thumbup:
The Safelert was designed by Elertus. It was designed as a simple household sensor to measure temperature, humidity, light, and vibrations. Liberty and Elertus got together and re marketed it as a safe alarm.

AVIS was designed from the ground up as a security device for safes, and comes with actual security sensors:
pry sensor, external vibration sensor, (4)tilt angle sensors, antenna sensor. And you can add on vibration sensors and pry sensors to other safes.

Safelert has a simple, untuned vibration sensor internal to the device. Reports of it getting triggered by a vehicle in the garage is not unheard of. AVIS has external vibration sensors that have been tuned to filter out irrelevant vibrations.
If you read the reviews of Safelert, you'll see it's not uncommon to get a 'lost connection' email. That won't happen with AVIS because it doesn't lose connection (as long as you're in range).

Safelert can potentially be hacked through it's downlink that is maintained for updates by Elertus. AVIS was designed as a security device and does not listen to anyone. It only talks.

Those are the fundamental differences.

Frozenguy

MaxGravy wrote:Pretty cool but wouldn't a motion sensor tied to an alarm do the same thing?

:wave: Thanks
But an alarm with subscription $$ fees?
So many safes and stash lockers are broken into every year despite home alarms and such.
Burglars disable the alarm and then have all night or afternoon to use your power tools to break into the safe.

AVIS provides specific information quickly, from a protected source within the safe. Wont get tripped up by the cat or a nosy critter.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue Sep 19, 2017

What do you mean "as long as you are in range"?
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

Frozenguy

bigjohn wrote:What do you mean "as long as you are in range"?

I probably shouldn't have said that. I just didn't want "'never' loses connection" to be taken as an absolute.

The range is incredible and better than the Elertus in all cases. AVIS has a signal strength indicator in the configuration set up page that you can use to adjust your antenna for the best signal.
Safelert has no such function. Either way, the WiFi capabilities are far superior than Safelert.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Sep 19, 2017

Frozenguy wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:Pretty cool but wouldn't a motion sensor tied to an alarm do the same thing?

So many safes and stash lockers are broken into every year despite home alarms and such.
Burglars disable the alarm and then have all night or afternoon to use your power tools to break into the safe.

AVIS provides specific information quickly, from a protected source within the safe. Wont get tripped up by the cat or a nosy critter.

So it relies on your home wi-fi connection? That's not very dependable where I live.
ImageImageImage

spincity
Silver Supporter

Postby spincity » Tue Sep 19, 2017

Before I went to a home hardwired security camera system, I had the wireless internet ones. Between internet outages, isp address updates, and occasional power outages, they were not working more than they were and became extremely frustrating and eventually trashed. Since yours relies on internet how does this system avoid these problems?
Bikes, Guitars, Beer, Women, Metal, not always in that order.

Frozenguy

MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:

So it relies on your home wi-fi connection? That's not very dependable where I live.

Oh.
Well a cell phone hot spot has been used by a lot of customers with perfect success.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Frozenguy wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:

Oh.
Well a cell phone hot spot has been used by a lot of customers with perfect success.

Do they leave their cellphone at home when they're gone?
ImageImageImage

Frozenguy

spincity wrote:Before I went to a home hardwired security camera system, I had the wireless internet ones. Between internet outages, isp address updates, and occasional power outages, they were not working more than they were and became extremely frustrating and eventually trashed. Since yours relies on internet how does this system avoid these problems?

AVIS wasn't designed for profit. It was designed for security. In the 6 months that AVIS units have been tested or sold, not a single dropped connection.

I'm not sure why other companies can't do it. Profit margins? I pack top of the line components into AVIS including three individual microprocessors to ensure reliability and uninterrupted security. The software I wrote for AVIS has proven to be incredibly stable and unwavering.

Fortunately our internet is stable where I live and launched AVIS but I know some don't have that. While this solution was for security purposes, A cell phone hot spot has been used by many customers with great success. If you have a lot of internet outages, this would remedy that. I can't do much about a service provider though.

Frozenguy

MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:

Oh.

Exactly. An old extra, or cheap one. This solution was born out of having a hidden WiFI connection for extra security. But it has turned out great for those that have unstable internet.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Sep 19, 2017

I think I could make this work. If I were to add a UPS to my router setup I should have a connection (at least until the UPS batter dies) to the device.

Cutting the power to a house is a common tactic thieves use. Pull the meter head, disable any alarms, and wait to see if anyone comes out of the house.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Frozenguy wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:

Oh.

Exactly. An old extra, or cheap one. This solution was born out of having a hidden WiFI connection for extra security. But it has turned out great for those that have unstable internet.

I don't mean to give you a hard time but I don't see how this is practical. The hotspot on my phone drops off after being idle for a while, and is never reliable. Plus there's the cost of the additional cell phone service, and hotspot internet from a phone usually costs even more.

I don't have a safe. In California we had a large Liberty safe but to me it always seemed like a big target rather a safe place. It screams: The valuables are in here!

We've since moved to Texas and there are lots of places to hide things in rural Texas. :shh:

We have a Simpli-safe alarm here. The entire system runs on batteries and connects directly through the cell network. So it still works, even if the internet is down and the power is off. If we did have a safe, I could put one of the motion detectors next to it.

The monitoring cost for Simpli-safe is $14.99/month. I think that's less than a cell phone with a hotspot.
ImageImageImage

Frozenguy

MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:
MaxGravy wrote:
Frozenguy wrote:

Oh.

I don't mean to give you a hard time but I don't see how this is practical. The hotspot on my phone drops off after being idle for a while, and is never reliable. Plus there's the cost of the additional cell phone service, and hotspot internet from a phone usually costs even more.

I don't have a safe. In California we had a large Liberty safe but to me it always seemed like a big target rather a safe place. It screams: The valuables are in here!

We've since moved to Texas and there are lots of places to hide things in rural Texas. :shh:

We have a Simpli-safe alarm here. The entire system runs on batteries and connects directly through the cell network. So it still works, even if the internet is down and the power is off. If we did have a safe, I could put one of the motion detectors next to it.

The monitoring cost for Simpli-safe is $14.99/month. I think that's less than a cell phone with a hotspot.

That's ok, they're good questions/comments. Unfortunately, I couldn't design AVIS for every situation. Safes are still being broken into despite various home alarms. I'm just trying to create another layer of the security. It works for a lot of people, just not everyone.

Unless you're on an unlimited plan with AT&T, I'm pretty sure it's free with all/most carriers to use the hot spot. Takes from your data, sure. But AVIS doesn't transmit or receive data unless it's been triggered. I didn't design AVIS to be used in conjunction with a cell phone, but it has helped in some situations.

People like AVIS because it's not triggered by the house cat or a falling box, no subscriptions, and it gives them real information that pertains to their safe. Not the general area around the safe in one direction.

AVIS runs on batteries too but if I added a cell service, it would had added about $35 to the base price and $10/month and most people didn't want that plus a contract with another company. Some did, but I could only go one path at first.
Last edited by Frozenguy on Tue Sep 19, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Frozenguy

Rik Bitter wrote:I think I could make this work. If I were to add a UPS to my router setup I should have a connection (at least until the UPS batter dies) to the device.

Cutting the power to a house is a common tactic thieves use. Pull the meter head, disable any alarms, and wait to see if anyone comes out of the house.

UPS are great. A UPS and AVIS package is cheaper than cellular devices operating for a year, including a cellular capable AVIS. Once the launch settles down I'll be looking at piecing together a package deal with a UPS.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

I'd also like to say that it's a very cool and clever product that appears very well made. I can see it being quite useful in several applications. If you had a safe in the basement, or out in the barn, in a storage unit, or even hidden under a family members' house for instance. This would be great.
ImageImageImage

Frozenguy

MaxGravy wrote:I'd also like to say that it's a very cool and clever product that appears very well made. I can see it being quite useful in several applications. If you had a safe in the basement, or out in the barn, in a storage unit, or even hidden under a family members' house for instance. This would be great.

Thank you :D I appreciate all the insight and feedback. It's hard for me to know what other people want so I'm always interested to hear what other people have to say.
Last edited by Frozenguy on Wed Sep 20, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

spincity
Silver Supporter

Postby spincity » Tue Sep 19, 2017

I have one more question on this before i decide. If my internet goes out or my IP addy changes or if power goes off and on, will this unit get back online on its own or do i have to go back home and get the unit going again?
Bikes, Guitars, Beer, Women, Metal, not always in that order.

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”