Pre-Order: Precious Metal Verifier PRO [CLOSED]

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Pre-Order: Precious Metal Verifier PRO [CLOSED]

Postby natsb88 » Sat Aug 05, 2017

See the other thread for product details. Let's keep product questions over there:

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=28300

and reserve this thread strictly for pre-order discussion.

-----

I am limited in the price I am allowed to advertise (including in a semi-private setting like this, I asked). So it is possible you will see this pricing at another retailer eventually. But here is what I can get away with... :shifty:

PMV PRO Base Unit (no wands)
List Price $1395 - Pre-Order Price $1245

PMV PRO Base Unit + Refiner's Wand
List Price $1520 - Pre-Order Price $1360

PMV PRO Base Unit + MicroWand
List Price $1520 - Pre-Order Price $1360

PMV PRO Base Unit + Both Wands
List Price $1595 - Pre-Order Price $1425

Adding "FREE" Stuff
- insured shipping in the US. These don't fit in anything flat rate and insured shipping runs $25 - $45 depending on the distance. Shipping in the US is free with this pre-order. (Canada add $25, UK add $40, elsewhere please ask).
- 6" digital calipers. Not professional quality but accurate enough for checking bars and coins. I sell these for around $20.
- 1000g x 0.1g digital scale. These go for around $10.
- 500g calibration weight. Also goes for about $10.
- a dual 30x / 60x illuminated magnifier. Goes for about $8.
- a machined aluminum neodymium magnet keychain. I have had one of these on my key ring for almost 5 years and it comes in handy way more often than I expected. Again goes for ~$10.
- I'll send $10 to WFTW for each PMV PRO sold.
- any remaining proceeds will help with FakeBullion.com expenses.

Update 8/16
- Units in this buy come with an extended warranty. The standard warranty is 90 days. Units in this buy will come with a 1-year warranty on the electronics. Sigma will provide a return shipping label if you have an issue in the first 90 days, after that you would have to ship at your own expense. The warranty does not cover damage from dropping or otherwise mishandling the device (like jamming cables in the wrong way or the wrong place, or spilling your coffee on it).

So in this buy you get the lowest allowed price plus ~$100 in extras, an extended warranty, WFTW gets a couple bucks, and the warm fuzzy feeling of helping me host useful anti-counterfeiting content with any leftovers :P . This pre-order is a one time offer. After this closes, you will have to order from my website where I can be filthy capitalist :angel:

I need to order a minimum of 5 units to make this happen. If we get to 20 units, there will be additional incentives. I am not sure what yet.

Payment: Check or money order preferred on this one. I can also try some Zelle but they will probably cut it off after a few payments of this size. Same deal with Venmo and Square Cash. PayPal + 3%. PM me if you have something else in mind.

Sales Tax: I have to charge 6% PA state sales tax for PA orders. :thumbdown: PM me for details if you are in PA.

Timeline: I expect to start receiving PMV PROs in September but I don't have any hard dates yet. I will update as more information becomes available. I plan to leave this buy open for about two weeks. I will post a warning a day or two before I close it.

Other Thoughts: I am running this offer at BullionStacker and Realcent.

Post your orders in this thread, or PM me if you don't want your name listed. Feel free to ask questions about the Pre-Order in this thread, but please ask any product questions in the other thread linked at the top of this page.
Last edited by natsb88 on Mon Oct 16, 2017, edited 3 times in total.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Re: Pre-Order: Precious Metal Verifier PRO

Postby natsb88 » Sat Aug 05, 2017

PMV PRO Base Unit (no wands)

PMV PRO Base Unit + Refiner's Wand

PMV PRO Base Unit + MicroWand

PMV PRO Base Unit + Both Wands - 2
gramcracker paid shipped
a BS member
Last edited by natsb88 on Tue Oct 31, 2017, edited 5 times in total.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Fri Aug 11, 2017

No interest at all?

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Fri Aug 11, 2017

I'm still thinking about it.
ImageImageImage

Goldman
Gold Supporter

Postby Goldman » Fri Aug 11, 2017

I would love to have one but, at that price point, I'll have to live with my previous gen model for a while.

Storm Drifter
Turtle Supporter

Postby Storm Drifter » Fri Aug 11, 2017

I would love to have one Nate, i just cant swing it right now. Thanks for the offer.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Aug 11, 2017

I have no need for such a device. Wish I did. It looks like a sweet piece of kit.

I must say though, those calipers are really nice. I've had mine for a while. I use them all day long when designing and cutting molds. They're incredibly easy to use. On/off, Metric/US, Zero. Sometimes I use them to convert Metric/US. At $20 they're a good deal.

Forgot to add, they measure depth as well, which is great inside molds.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Altima

Postby Altima » Fri Aug 11, 2017

It's a really nice kit, just not entirely sure about the price point though sorry.

Sticking to the previous gen for now plus calipers.
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Fri Aug 11, 2017

Same boat for me
Just a little to pricey for me
I'm not saying that it isn't a good unit
Just not feasible for me

Nate I do appreciate your hard work doing stuff like this

Mike
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Fri Aug 11, 2017

The 90 day warranty put me completely off for such a pricey item along with the price. If I did buy one I would be looking for a years warranty at least. Sorry Nate but good luck with your sale.
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image Image Image

gramcracker
Turtle Supporter

Postby gramcracker » Fri Aug 11, 2017

I'll sign on for one unit with both wands. I can get a check in the mail Monday (or when you say). Thanks for putting this together. Will send you a PM.
Everything in moderation, especially moderation.

The Patriot Mind

Postby The Patriot Mind » Sat Aug 12, 2017

I am interested in the offer but I must admit 90 warranty seems like they at\re not ready to stand behind the product .. a year warranty is pretty much standard in electronic devices these days ... on my stationary xrf and hand held xrf I got 5 years warranty albeit they are much larger purchases ...

Might I suggest you point the company executives to this thread and maybe explain why they were only comfortable with a 90 day warranty? It just seems like they are hesitant about the quality control maybe?

I was all ready to get the one with both wands to use when the plating was to thick for xrf but the 90,day warranty really makes me have to stop and think ...

I'm not saying I will not order one but with a 90 day warranty being all the company is comfortable offering I may wait awhile and read a lot of reviews and consider it next year. I'm not big in getting new tech products with short warrantys

But maybe if you get an executive to read this thread they will change the warranty before release date.

I mean no disrespect towards you by anything I said I was just surprised that the actual company making the product is including such a short warranty ... I may only end up using it 7-10 times a year as my xrf devices work for the vast majority of things ... it would be a shame to run out of warranty before I even used it for the first time for a real piece ... heh
Regards
Ryan R. - A.K.A. -THE PATRIOT MIND
Pawnbroker
http://Www.thepawncompany.com

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Sun Aug 13, 2017

I will relay the warranty concerns to Sigma.

I can tell you that I have sold ~70 of the original PMVs over the last three years, and I'm not aware of any product defects or warranty claims among them. I'm biased because I've had the opportunity to handle lots of PMVs and work with Sigma for three years, but I personally wouldn't let the warranty be the deciding factor in whether or not to get a PRO. Sigma sent the pre-production units to myself and other dealers precisely to get some field time, figure out what could go wrong, and address it before they began production. And unlike many modern mass-produced electronics, these are made in USA and tested in USA, and in the unlikely event you would ever have a problem, they are supported in USA by people who speak USA...uh, English ;)

But I understand the concern and I will ask them about it.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed Aug 16, 2017

You guys asked and Sigma answered!

PMV Pros sold in this buy will come with an extended warranty. The electronics will be covered for 1 year. Sigma will provide a return shipping label for the first 90 days, after that you would have to pay to ship it to them. The warranty is subject to the original warranty terms and does not cover drops, spills, jamming cables in the wrong place or the wrong way around, or any other mishandling or abuse. But if an electronic component fails on its own in the first year, Sigma will cover the repair.

BTW, Sigma can usually still repair units that have been accidentally damaged or are out of warranty, you just have to pay for the parts and labor.

The Patriot Mind

Postby The Patriot Mind » Wed Aug 23, 2017

1 year is better

Now thinking again heh :pop:
Regards
Ryan R. - A.K.A. -THE PATRIOT MIND
Pawnbroker
http://Www.thepawncompany.com

gramcracker
Turtle Supporter

Postby gramcracker » Thu Aug 24, 2017

1 year is a great bonus. I'm still hoping for enough people to make this fly.
Everything in moderation, especially moderation.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Postby BarsandStars » Thu Aug 24, 2017

Can't wait to get mine. I know for a fact a family member of mine bought some fake bars and didn't believe me when I told them so now i can prove it!
Payments accepted via Paypal (no fee or add 2.9%), Check, USPS MO, or Cash (Item will ship when funds are received)

Check out my eBay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/barsandstars/m.html

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed Sep 13, 2017

Bump.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Mon Oct 09, 2017

I am now able to get this deal without the minimum order quantity, so I am going to PM the two people on the list to confirm that they still want PMV PROs, and close this pre-order Wednesday 10/11 to place our order. We are looking at the end of November for delivery. Last chance to get an extended warranty and the other freebies.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Re: Pre-Order: Precious Metal Verifier PRO [CLOSING WEDNESDAY 10/11]

Postby natsb88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017

Last call.

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”