FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 12/31/17

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 12/31/17

Postby natsb88 » Sun Jun 19, 2016

Wanted to Borrow List

Decided to keep this separate from the main FakeBullion.com thread for easier organization.

These are all items for which I have a fake in hand, and am seeking a genuine item to collect data and scan so I can do a comparison and add the item to the Fake Bullion Database.

This is a low budget operation, relying entirely on user contributions at this point (advertising revenue is next to nothing so far). For some low-premium silver items it might make more sense for me to just buy the item outright, but for gold and high-premium silver I am looking to borrow from the community. I will only need the items for a few days. I will give you a "special thanks" credit on the database pages for any items you loan me (of course only if you want it). If you would like to donate the genuine item, I will scan and document it, then trade or sell the item and recycle the funds to acquire more needed items.

I generally do not want to scan/photograph items through packaging, so if you have a sealed item or do not wish to have the capsule opened, I probably can't use it. The exception would be items listed as "in assay card," in which case I want to scan/photograph/weigh the item in the sealed card and do not need to open it.

This is only a partial list and I will be updating it regularly. If you need clarification on any of the items on the list, let me know.

---------------------------

The list has been moved to FakeBullion.com. Click to view.
Last edited by natsb88 on Sun Dec 31, 2017, edited 6 times in total.

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Re: FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 6/19

Postby natsb88 » Sun Jun 19, 2016

Looks like 78 items on my first pass. Many more to go :shock:

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Re: FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 12/31/17

Postby natsb88 » Sun Dec 31, 2017

I recently spent 40+ hours organizing a mess of fakes and updating my spreadsheet. I moved the "Wanted to Borrow" list to the FakeBullion.com site so I can point multiple audiences there and edit and update one central list. There are currently over 300 items on the list, there are a few dozen I still need to add, and I haven't even started to go through the pile of counterfeit 90% silver and pre-33 gold.

:shock:

https://www.fakebullion.com/index.php/140-wanted-list

LittleAbner
Silver Supporter

Re: FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 12/31/17

Postby LittleAbner » Sun Dec 31, 2017

Hi Nate, I think I have some of those items. I'll go over the list later and let you know.

Happy New Year!

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”