The Pit Bulletin

escher

Re: The Pit Bulletin

Postby escher » Sun Aug 12, 2018

I forgot to mention that oxygen comes out of the bar because like carbon dioxide and water, oxygen is far more soluble in molten silver than solid silver. So when oxygen bubbles out as the bar solidifies, this makes the bar look ugly (as you can see in the video, his bar is ugly).

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Aug 12, 2018

The silver in the video looks much hotter. It takes a long time to solidify compared to what I saw at YPS. Here are more of my videos that Silver Slacker used for a youtube.

oldmansilverBS
Silver Supporter

Postby oldmansilverBS » Sun Aug 12, 2018

I too noticed the Pit Bullion site was down. I just figured you were on vacation and would re-open in two weeks. Sorry to hear about your elbows. Hope you have a speedy recovery! By the way your 2018 Pour Party bars are cool!!!

escher

Postby escher » Sun Aug 12, 2018

MaxGravy wrote:The silver in the video looks much hotter. It takes a long time to solidify compared to what I saw at YPS. Here are more of my videos that Silver Slacker used for a youtube.

That's quite interesting. So as not to derail this thread any more, I've put together some info in a separate thread on oxygen solubility. It's mainly concerned with the physical properties, not the metallurgy methods.

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”