100% Pure NH Maple Syrup - Freshly Made!

NHsorter

100% Pure NH Maple Syrup - Freshly Made!

Postby NHsorter » Fri Mar 11, 2016

REVISED August 2018 - Bumping this post to let everyone know that I still have some syrup available in case anyone is interested. Have a friend that just used syrup in his corn bread recipe. Only issue that he had is that the batch of muffins only lasted about an hour after they were done, haha.

This is 100% Pure NH Maple Syrup. Nothing added, just maple sap. I am not "Certified Organic" or anything, but I can tell you that I certainly don't spray or fertilize the trees (or anything else around here) These are just trees out in my woods. All products have been produced within the last few weeks.

Syrup available in traditional "Bacon Jugs" as pictured (bottle artwork may vary, I tried a few different ones out to see which I like best)

When ordering syrup, please choose between: Dark, or Very Dark. Darker = stronger maple flavor. I just sold out of Amber but my last batch of dark is on the lighter side and tastes just like Amber (delicious!) so feel free to request that if you want. I hope to make more Amber soon, but the trees decide, not me. Still at least a week left in the season.

1 Quart bottles are $20
1 Pint bottles are $13
Half Pint bottles are $8
Have a limited amount of half gallons for $36

New,Cinnamon infused syrup is $10/bottle. They come in 250ml glass jars with a cinnamon stick. Give these a few weeks to reach peak flavor. This really tastes excellent anywhere else you would use maple syrup. It's what my wife prefers on her pancakes. But the biggest hit here is pouring this on vanilla ice cream!! These bottles are thin so typically they can easily squeak into a flat rate box along with other stuff.

Also, Maple Sugar Coated Pecans are available. 3oz bags are $5/each. 4oz mason jars are $7.

"Bulk" nuts can be purchased as well. Have done quite a few SFRB's full of nuts for $36 shipped. Will fit 20+ oz.

All orders are + shipping.

Here are some flat rate box configurations that are know to work.... but don't feel that an order has to conform to one of these. It's just to help you get an idea of what fits.

USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelope $6 -
Will fit 1 quart
or 2 pints.

USPS Meduim Flat Rate Box - $12
Will fit 3 Quarts
or 6 pints
or 2 quarts and 2 pints
or 1 quart and 4 pints

USPS Large Flat Rate Box - $16
Will fit 4 quarts
or 10 pints
or 2 quarts and 6 pints

Pay via PayPal gift, concealed cash, or other (shiny) methods that we might agree upon.

Thanks to everyone for your orders and your feedback. It is greatly appreciated and it will help me to upgrade some equipment and hopefully be able to make even more next year.
Last edited by NHsorter on Fri Aug 17, 2018, edited 7 times in total.

BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter

Re: NHsorter 100% Pure Maple Syrup

Postby BarsandStars » Fri Mar 11, 2016

I bought some of this syrup from you on rc and holy moly is it good :thumbup:
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Great stuff! Doesn't even compare to the stuff you buy at the store!

lookinfordeals

Postby lookinfordeals » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Welcome aboard.

You joined in 2014, first post!

What grade is the syrup?

Thank you.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Mar 11, 2016

I bought some of the dark amber maple syrup last year. It was delicious. :thumbup:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Welcome! I ordered a flat rate box full of pecans. They should be delivered Monday. :thumbup:

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016

I have to go look at what size bottles we use, the kids consume this in mass quantities and afraid to say they might be too young to appreciate the higher quality.
plastic bottles I would guess ??
there's nothing we need to do with it when it gets here, like cook it, or thin it out ??
refrigerate after opening it ??
how long will it last if we did keep it in the fridge after opening it ?

sorry for so many questions
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

NHsorter

lookinfordeals wrote:
What grade is the syrup?

Grade A Dark/Robust

Other years I have had different & lighter grades, but this year it has all been the same. The current, unfinished batch looks like it is going to be Grade A Very Dark/Strong so if anyone wants that then I can accommodate. But otherwise, unless specified, all orders will be for Grade A Dark/Robust.

Darker has more flavor and is the best kind for cooking. Some people like lighter stuff for pancakes, but I personally prefer dark for everything. And we have lots of pancakes and waffles here!

NHsorter

mnymgr1 wrote:plastic bottles I would guess ?? Yes, all plastic "Bacon Jugs"

there's nothing we need to do with it when it gets here, like cook it, or thin it out ?? No, it is ready to enjoy!

refrigerate after opening it ?? YES! Please do refrigerate after opening. Or, consume it all in 1 sitting, haha. It will last for years as long as you don't open it. Once open, refrigerate, or even put it in your freezer, it won't freeze in a freezer because of the high sugar content.

how long will it last if we did keep it in the fridge after opening it ? That is a good question. It's a long time. Months. Not sure how many but I have never seen any go bad in a fridge. Freezer will extend your window even further (year+). This is impossible for me to test because we use it too fast :D

NHsorter

lookinfordeals wrote:Welcome aboard.

You joined in 2014, first post!

What grade is the syrup?

Thank you.

Yeah, first post and I am already pushing my crap, haha. I know a lot of guys on here already so I *almost* feel like I am not a noob. Never made the jump, partly in fear of spending EVEN MORE time on a forum because lord knows (and my wife knows :shock: ) I spent too much time on realcent.

Rodebaugh
Jester

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Bought a gallon last year....Buying 1.25 gallons this year.

I just wish that the large flat rate box was larger. :D

lookinfordeals

Postby lookinfordeals » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Can we pick up????? :D

NHsorter

lookinfordeals wrote:Can we pick up????? :D
. Sure. It's my place in the woods. Just look for the Ron Paul sign, motion sensors, and empty 50BMG shells. :lol:

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Mine arrived yesterday, 10 hrs till pancakes !
Outstanding!

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Where in NH? I'm a flatlander born in Manchester...
ImageImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Mar 12, 2016

My box of pecans arrived early and they are excellent! Plenty of maple sugary goodness. Very rich like candy and extremely addicting. Well done!

Big pecans too. This pile is sitting on a dinner plate.

NHsorter

Postby NHsorter » Mon Mar 14, 2016

Thanks for the pic MaxGravy! They are addicting. It's not profitable to make these because I end up eating so many myself. Not even joking.

The "MaxGravy Special" was just devised and it is a SFRB full of these nuts (pecans, peanuts, or pepitas) for $36 shipped. 20 oz fit in the box.

Silvervein
Turtle Supporter

Postby Silvervein » Wed Mar 16, 2016

It looks like maple syrup grades have changed...good read for those who follow grades.

From: http://www.epicurious.com/ingredients/g ... de-article

If you've picked up a bottle of maple syrup lately, you may have had a similar experience. It's not your eyes fooling you: the grading system of maple syrup has changed. The new regulations began in Vermont last winter, and a few weeks ago the USDA revised its standards to match. Grades B and C are out; four (very wordy) levels of Grade A are in.

The new grades don't perfectly line up with the old grades. Rather, they overlap. So the new Grade A: Amber Color & Rich Flavor encompasses all of what used to be Grade A: Medium Amber along with a bit of what used to be labeled Grade A: Dark Amber. Likewise, Grade A: Dark Color & Robust Flavor accounts for the rest of what used to be Dark Amber along with all of what used to be Grade B.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
- Bob Marley

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun Mar 20, 2016

Well, if u gotta work on your day off, might as well start with pancakes!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (74.26 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
Outstanding!

NHsorter

Postby NHsorter » Sun Mar 20, 2016

Thanks to you all! This is a great group of people just like on RealCent. I really appreciate your orders and your feedback. I'm glad you all enjoy it so much.

Mother Nature keeps giving me good sap so there is still plenty of syrup. I'm out boiling right now as I post this. There are now 3 grades available: Amber, Dark, and Very Dark.

I also have maple sugar coated peanuts and pepitas available, as well as maple candies. Your dentist will hate you!!

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”