Silver Art Collectors website

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 10, 2013

halfhunter wrote:If one only collects Coke bars, does that count as a silver art bar collector?

HH


Yes, doesn't matter if you collect one bar or all of them! :-)

Keep in mind that the site is new so we are in the process of trying to get them all added, which will take a long while. You can help out by "Submitting" an item that is not already in the master catalog. Silver Art or I will review it and then approve it so it will then show up in the master catalog as well.
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 10, 2013

SteelersFan wrote:This is how much of a rookie I am to silver art bars, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.

When it says "Rarity: R5"...what dos that mean and is there a whole scale/chart (similar to sheldon for coins) that determines rarity. I know Sheldon is for grading. I guess what I'm asking is, what does R5 mean? tia


R1-R5 is the rarity scale according to Archie Kidd and his guidebooks. I will be putting up a page soon explaining the rarity scale and several other things related to silver art collecting.

But in a nutshell, R1 would be the more common/close to spot up to R-5 which would be the least common/higher priced items. R-5 indicates that the bar will be priced individually based on rarity. Some bars in the R5 catagory can go for $25 over spot up to hundreds over spot.
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

User avatar
Silver Art
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011
Location: Tennessee

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby Silver Art » Sun Mar 10, 2013

halfhunter wrote:If one only collects Coke bars, does that count as a silver art bar collector?

HH



Yep that counts Halfhunter. You have to remember that I also collect Coca-Cola bars. :)
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

User avatar
Silver Art
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011
Location: Tennessee

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby Silver Art » Sun Mar 10, 2013

If you want to get a very rough idea of what is considered silver art, look at my thread in the metals talk section of BS titled "The Silver Art Bar Collector". That thread is just a very rough idea of what me and Tonycrouch consider to be silver art. I will use some of those pictures for the silver art collector site and add a few more notes and details that are not in that thread.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

User avatar
SteelersFan
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012
Location: The armpit of the Midwest

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby SteelersFan » Sun Mar 10, 2013

tonycrouch1183 wrote:
SteelersFan wrote:This is how much of a rookie I am to silver art bars, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.

When it says "Rarity: R5"...what dos that mean and is there a whole scale/chart (similar to sheldon for coins) that determines rarity. I know Sheldon is for grading. I guess what I'm asking is, what does R5 mean? tia


R1-R5 is the rarity scale according to Archie Kidd and his guidebooks. I will be putting up a page soon explaining the rarity scale and several other things related to silver art collecting.

But in a nutshell, R1 would be the more common/close to spot up to R-5 which would be the least common/higher priced items. R-5 indicates that the bar will be priced individually based on rarity. Some bars in the R5 catagory can go for $25 over spot up to hundreds over spot.


Thanks Tony. I look forward to using, and hopefully contributing to the new site. It's going to be a great, and much needed asset to our community and I want to thank you guys for recognizing that, and more importantly, taking the lead on doing something about it.
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

User avatar
SteelersFan
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012
Location: The armpit of the Midwest

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby SteelersFan » Sun Mar 10, 2013

This may, or may not be on some folks minds, so I guess i'll be the one to go ahead and ask it.
Is there going to be an "adlut themed" category? Some of those bars go for the $25 over Spot (if not more) that was mentioned.
Every now & again I come across them and it'd be nice to know what is driving that premium for them...other than the obvious of course LOL.
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

User avatar
SteelersFan
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012
Location: The armpit of the Midwest

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby SteelersFan » Sun Mar 10, 2013

tonycrouch1183,
The link in your tag line does not work, at least not for me, because there is a "s" at the end of collector"s".
The link you provide in your initial post in this thread does work. It does not have a "s" in it.

Something to look into?
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

User avatar
Silver Art
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011
Location: Tennessee

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby Silver Art » Sun Mar 10, 2013

SteelersFan wrote:tonycrouch1183,
The link in your tag line does not work, at least not for me, because there is a "s" at the end of collector"s".
The link you provide in your initial post in this thread does work. It does not have a "s" in it.

Something to look into?


The link to Silver Art Collector is the following:

http://www.silverartcollector.com

That should work. Let me know if it does not take you to that site.

There is also a forum section of Silver Art Collector to ask silver art-related questions. Here is the link to that part of Silver Art Collector:

http://www.silverartcollector.com/phpbb/index.php

EDIT: BTW I will let Tonycrouch know about his link in his tag line.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

User avatar
SteelersFan
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012
Location: The armpit of the Midwest

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby SteelersFan » Sun Mar 10, 2013

Silver Art wrote:
SteelersFan wrote:tonycrouch1183,
The link in your tag line does not work, at least not for me, because there is a "s" at the end of collector"s".
The link you provide in your initial post in this thread does work. It does not have a "s" in it.

Something to look into?


The link to Silver Art Collector is the following:

http://www.silverartcollector.com

That should work. Let me know if it does not take you to that site.

There is also a forum section of Silver Art Collector to ask silver art-related questions. Here is the link to that part of Silver Art Collector:

http://www.silverartcollector.com/phpbb/index.php



Yes, the link provided works, but the one in tonys tag/signature line does not.
Sorry, I should've sent that privately, my apologies.

I Registered! I am the 11th person to do so. I am SteelersFan there as well. I also just submitted 2 bars for approval to be added. Was very easy and user friendly to do so...didn't have to know everything about the bars I was submitting, just some obvious basics.
man! I really like this and am looking forward to consulting, and adding to it in any way I can.
Last edited by SteelersFan on Sun Mar 10, 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

User avatar
Silver Art
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011
Location: Tennessee

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby Silver Art » Sun Mar 10, 2013

SteelersFan wrote:
Silver Art wrote:
SteelersFan wrote:tonycrouch1183,
The link in your tag line does not work, at least not for me, because there is a "s" at the end of collector"s".
The link you provide in your initial post in this thread does work. It does not have a "s" in it.

Something to look into?


The link to Silver Art Collector is the following:

http://www.silverartcollector.com

That should work. Let me know if it does not take you to that site.

There is also a forum section of Silver Art Collector to ask silver art-related questions. Here is the link to that part of Silver Art Collector:

http://www.silverartcollector.com/phpbb/index.php



Yes, the link provided works, but the one in tonys tag/signature line does not.
Sorry, I should've sent that privately, my apologies.

I Registered! I am the 11th person to do so. I also just submitted 2 bars for approval to be added. Was very easy and user friendly to do so...didn't have to know everything about the bars I was submitting, just some obvious basics.
man! I really like this and am looking forward to consulting, and adding to it in any way I can.


No problem. I emailed him about it and should be resolved soon. Thank you for pointing that out and congrats on being the 11th person to register with Silver Art Collector. Tony or me will take a look at what you have submitted. Thanks again. :)
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 15440
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Mar 10, 2013

#12 :thumbup:

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 10, 2013

SteelersFan wrote:This may, or may not be on some folks minds, so I guess i'll be the one to go ahead and ask it.
Is there going to be an "adlut themed" category? Some of those bars go for the $25 over Spot (if not more) that was mentioned.
Every now & again I come across them and it'd be nice to know what is driving that premium for them...other than the obvious of course LOL.


Well I hope not to offend anyone, but in my opinion all art bars are art. So yes, there will be adult-themed art bars on the site because they are part of the hobby. If it becomes an issue for anyone, we will figure something out but for now we will be including them
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 10, 2013

SteelersFan wrote:tonycrouch1183,
The link in your tag line does not work, at least not for me, because there is a "s" at the end of collector"s".
The link you provide in your initial post in this thread does work. It does not have a "s" in it.

Something to look into?



Oops...lol, guess it would be nice to know my own site! thanks Steelersfan for the the headsup! It's been corrected
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 10, 2013

MaxGravy wrote:#12 :thumbup:


:clap: Thanks!
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

User avatar
SteelersFan
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012
Location: The armpit of the Midwest

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby SteelersFan » Sun Mar 10, 2013

tonycrouch1183 wrote:
SteelersFan wrote:tonycrouch1183,
The link in your tag line does not work, at least not for me, because there is a "s" at the end of collector"s".
The link you provide in your initial post in this thread does work. It does not have a "s" in it.

Something to look into?



Oops...lol, guess it would be nice to know my own site! thanks Steelersfan for the the headsup! It's been corrected



LOL, glad to help a little.
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 10, 2013

All functions on the site are now working in full. You can now submit new items.
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

ihavecoins
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby ihavecoins » Sun Mar 10, 2013

I logged in and posted. I did my part!

User avatar
tonycrouch1183
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Tue Mar 12, 2013

I added an "Export to CSV" function from the "My Collections" page so you can print out your collection and take it with you to shows and such to keep track of what you have or need.
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

User avatar
halfhunter
Gold Supporter
Posts: 2431
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Location: The DEEP South - Albany GA

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby halfhunter » Tue Mar 12, 2013

tonycrouch1183 wrote: R1-R5 is the rarity scale according to Archie Kidd and his guidebooks. I will be putting up a page soon explaining the rarity scale and several other things related to silver art collecting.

But in a nutshell, R1 would be the more common/close to spot up to R-5 which would be the least common/higher priced items. R-5 indicates that the bar will be priced individually based on rarity. Some bars in the R5 catagory can go for $25 over spot up to hundreds over spot.


There's a few Coke bars that go for well over a thousand over spot . . . $1500 - 2k ! ? ! ?

I don't have any of those though :cry:

HH
Always Searching For OBW Rolls ! ! !

User avatar
Silver Art
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011
Location: Tennessee

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby Silver Art » Tue Mar 12, 2013

halfhunter wrote:
tonycrouch1183 wrote: R1-R5 is the rarity scale according to Archie Kidd and his guidebooks. I will be putting up a page soon explaining the rarity scale and several other things related to silver art collecting.

But in a nutshell, R1 would be the more common/close to spot up to R-5 which would be the least common/higher priced items. R-5 indicates that the bar will be priced individually based on rarity. Some bars in the R5 catagory can go for $25 over spot up to hundreds over spot.


There's a few Coke bars that go for well over a thousand over spot . . . $1500 - 2k ! ? ! ?

I don't have any of those though :cry:

HH


I agree with you on this. I have seen some very rare Coca-Cola bars go for well over $1000. I have seen one go over $3000 on ebay in the past.

The 2 types of Coca-Cola bars that I can think of right off the bat that can fetch a winning bid of $1000 or more are the following:

1.) Clarksville, TN

2.) Armarillo, TX

Do not feel bad about not having those because I also do not have those rare Coca-Cola bars. They are so rare that I probably will never find one and even if I do find one, I could not afford to buy it at "retail prices".
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)


Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests