Silver Art Collectors website

tonycrouch1183

Silver Art Collectors website

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Tue Mar 05, 2013

Before I even start this thread, I want to let everyone know I contacted MaxGravy and Silver Addict first to get their approval on posting this. Max said it was fine.

Since coming to BS, I have found a new love for silver art bars, rounds, etc. I didn't realize how far back and extensive this niche hobby was until reading every word of Silver Art's thread on 70's art bars. Like any collecting hobby, this is not for everyone, but the one thing I figured out is that there is no single solid resource on the net for silver art. I ordered Archies guide books, 3 of them, and started figuring out what I already had and what I wanted to get. This led to another OCD problem of mine, keeping track of my collections. So, I pulled some old "put to rest" skills out and built a website. The website will hopefully be "the place" for silver art collectors. I have designed a master catalog system with pictures, and the cool part, an online collection manager where you can register and maintain your silver art collection by simply clicking a button to add/edit/delete an item from your collection. To note....this website is and always will be free to use. I built this for myself and with the hope it would be a good tool/resource for others. Also, this site is for SILVER ART only. I love BS and the community here, and intend on being here a very long time. My site is more of a tool and resource for those who love silver art so there is in no way any competition or desire to draw anyone away from here. It will be used, hopefully, to compliment all that goes on here at BS.

The reason I am posting this is that I am in the final development stage of the site and before I begin adding tons of items to the master catalog, I would like some feedback/suggestions on the site. Constructive criticism and positive feedback is appreciated.

The site address is http://www.silverartcollector.com

Lastly, before anyone suggest that I reach out to Silver Art and ask for his help, suggestions, input, advice, or offer him a leadership role on the site..... already done!! :mrgreen:
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

AndeanCat

Re: Silver Art Collectors website

Postby AndeanCat » Tue Mar 05, 2013

Cool! I will join after my midterms.
ImageImage

eventurer

Postby eventurer » Tue Mar 05, 2013

cool site and hope it will be another good resource

Not sure what you paid on those John Deere ones, but I flipped some on ebay recently and went for $50/oz on 5 of them...

One cool feature would be having "most recent Ebay sold" for each bar to give a current "value"

And maybe adding info about each of the mints when you click through on browse mints (and thats a whole lot of mints making them :o )
How do you go bankrupt? First gradually, then suddenly....
http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Tue Mar 05, 2013

eventurer wrote:cool site and hope it will be another good resource

Not sure what you paid on those John Deere ones, but I flipped some on ebay recently and went for $50/oz on 5 of them...

One cool feature would be having "most recent Ebay sold" for each bar to give a current "value"

And maybe adding info about each of the mints when you click through on browse mints (and thats a whole lot of mints making them :o )

Thanks for the feedback, I'll certainly take that into mind about the ebay sold link and the mint info.

I paid $36 each for the John Deere rounds.

Also, I just updated the "My Collection" page to put it into a table format. I am working on a way to print out the collection as well as save it to an excel file.
https://silverartcollector.com - Research your silver art and maintain your collection online! FREE!

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Thu Mar 07, 2013

So I'm 99% done with the website and thought I'd give a quick update. Here are some of the features of the site:

* Master catalog of silver art bars, rounds, and other shapes with detailed info and pics
* Create an account and maintain your personal collection online
* Easily add items to your collection by click on the "add to collection" button
* View/Edit/Delete items in your collection from a single screen
* Keep track of when you purchased, what you paid, when you sold, how much you sold it for, and general notes such as where you bought it or which binder it's stored in.
* Soon to come: ability to print out collection or export to excel spreadsheet
* Submit an item not already in the catalog. Perhaps theres one you have that we don't have listed, you can submit it for review/approval and have it added to the master catalog
* User forum for exchanging information about silver art, identifying items, etc

This is a free (now and always) site for all who are interested in this niche of silver collecting/stacking. Even if it's not "up your alley", help me out by giving feedback and suggestions. I've received several suggestions so far that I've implemented, and more to come. I promise I won't keep throwing this up here and hogging the "view new posts" results, but I just wanted to give an update.

Now I'm off to start photographing and adding items to the site! WOOHOO! :mrgreen:

halfhunter
Gold Supporter

Postby halfhunter » Thu Mar 07, 2013

Man, that's going to be a nice site.
Sure wish someone would set up a site for the OBW roll collectors out there . . .

. . . both of us ! ! ! :roll:

:lol:

HH
Last edited by halfhunter on Fri Mar 08, 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Always Searching For OBW Rolls ! ! !

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Fri Mar 08, 2013

halfhunter wrote:Man, that's going to be a nice site.
Sure someone would set up a site for the OBW roll collectors out there . . .

. . . both of us ! ! ! :roll:

:lol:

HH

lol... well if all 2 of you want to pool some money together, I can whip you one up! :D

Also, someone asked me what the collection screen looked like with items in it. Here's a pic of mine so far:

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Fri Mar 08, 2013

So far, I like the look of this Silver Art Collector's site. It is very interesting. I also second the idea of an ebay "last sold at" feature to get an idea of what certain silver art bars (and art rounds) are going for on ebay. If this is possible, I also think there should be a way to record past winning auction bids/BIN sale prices on certain bars and rounds beyond the time frame of ebay "past winning auctions". This would also give a "historical" picture of the $ premium that it has sold for on ebay. With that said, that might be a tall order because there are a lot of silver art bars out there that are put up for auction on a daily basis.

I also want to confirm that Tonycrouch did reach out to me (via PM) about this but I was still thinking about it. Actually I love to help with it but I have been very busy lately with work and going to coin shows to look for silver art bars. For me it is the issue of having enough time to put my full commitment towards this site since I do occasionally work overtime at my job and that causes me to get home very late. That was the main reason that I said that I was going to think about it. I do appreciate him reaching out to me. I will give you my final decision on being part of the Silver Art Collector site probably by this Sunday (March 10). Thanks again for reaching out to me.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

ihavecoins

Postby ihavecoins » Fri Mar 08, 2013

The site looks good. I got a login.

RyanEOD

Postby RyanEOD » Fri Mar 08, 2013

Awesome! I have wanted something like this for more than just art bars, to throw everything in I can!! I added some coins to my collection, what is the best way to add more that one? Say like I have 10 of one of the coins . . . . do I make sense? I would prefer to just edit it for quantity and then a price each, that gives me a cost basis . .

tonycrouch1183

Postby tonycrouch1183 » Sun Mar 10, 2013

Ryan, I can add a qty box fairly easy to the user added information in the event you have more than one art bar or round. There are several sites out there for the coins/numismatic side of the hobby. I am dedicating this site strictly to silver art.

SA... I will look into the ebay functions. The easiest solution is to add the histoical sales manually. Not sure of the possibility of pulling actual auction data from ebay and inserting it into a database. That will take some serious consideration. The biggest obstacle I see with that is the fact that there are no "defined" terms to search on. I will look into it for sure.

tonycrouch1183

Ryan, the qty box has been added.

Also, I had to reset the forum so if anyone has signed up at the forum, please re-register.

Thanks,
Tony

RyanEOD

Postby RyanEOD » Sun Mar 10, 2013

tonycrouch1183 wrote:Ryan, the qty box has been added.

Also, I had to reset the forum so if anyone has signed up at the forum, please re-register.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony,

Thank you sir!

Ryan

Silver Art

Postby Silver Art » Sun Mar 10, 2013

tonycrouch1183 wrote:

SA... I will look into the ebay functions. The easiest solution is to add the histoical sales manually. Not sure of the possibility of pulling actual auction data from ebay and inserting it into a database. That will take some serious consideration. The biggest obstacle I see with that is the fact that there are no "defined" terms to search on. I will look into it for sure.

I think that the historical sales information is a good idea, however, If the easiest solution is to add the historical sales manually. then that is fine with me and it should be kept that way to only manually add the data. That is what I do in my own personal records anyway. This should be as user-friendly as possible.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet. :)

Silver Art

tonycrouch1183 wrote:

Thanks,
Tony

I was able to re-register. My screen name that I registered under at Silver Art Collectors is '70's SAB Outlaw.

Silver Art

I am officially part of the Silver Art Collectors website as an administrator. My screen name is '70's SAB Outlaw. I would like to say thank you to Tonycrouch1183 for getting me on board this site. :)

tonycrouch1183

Silver Art wrote:I am officially part of the Silver Art Collectors website as an administrator. My screen name is '70's SAB Outlaw. I would like to say thank you to Tonycrouch1183 for getting me on board this site. :)

And I am glad to have you on board! Look forward to your help and expertise. And any others, please feel free to join in and help it grow.

Remember though, this site is for Silver Art only. All other bullion/stacking/etc related items should stay here at BS. We hope to simply be a companion site to BS and allow those who are in the hobby of silver art collecting to have a solid research base and a easy to use collection manager.

Silver Art

tonycrouch1183 wrote:
Silver Art wrote:I am officially part of the Silver Art Collectors website as an administrator. My screen name is '70's SAB Outlaw. I would like to say thank you to Tonycrouch1183 for getting me on board this site. :)

And I am glad to have you on board! Look forward to your help and expertise. And any others, please feel free to join in and help it grow.

Remember though, this site is for Silver Art only. All other bullion/stacking/etc related items should stay here at BS. We hope to simply be a companion site to BS and allow those who are in the hobby of silver art collecting to have a solid research base and a easy to use collection manager.

That makes sense. The Silver Art Collectors website is a specialized website that is strictly for silver art bars and silver art rounds and for any silver art related questions.

halfhunter
Gold Supporter

Postby halfhunter » Sun Mar 10, 2013

If one only collects Coke bars, does that count as a silver art bar collector?

HH
Always Searching For OBW Rolls ! ! !

SteelersFan

Postby SteelersFan » Sun Mar 10, 2013

This is how much of a rookie I am to silver art bars, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway.

When it says "Rarity: R5"...what dos that mean and is there a whole scale/chart (similar to sheldon for coins) that determines rarity. I know Sheldon is for grading. I guess what I'm asking is, what does R5 mean? tia
Ignorance is bliss, so don't concern yourself with the secrets of evil people.

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”