Postby Diggin4copper » Mon Dec 04, 2017

Will the anchors see the light of day? I NEED one of those..l
Outstanding!

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby CCC2010 » Mon Dec 04, 2017

I too néed the North Star! :turtle: :D
Image WTB:6 oz YPS Golf Ball. Pls.PM me.

RLNcoinbuyer
Turtle Supporter

Postby RLNcoinbuyer » Mon Dec 04, 2017

I didn't know you only started doing the molds 7 months ago. That is an impressive body of work! :clap:

+1 in the anchor
ImageImage Image

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Dec 04, 2017

SilverCat wrote:The usual way, huh? I'm impressed.

Previous post on the mold making process.

The anchors are complicated mold breakers. It takes 4 hours to make the pair. A few special moderators are getting the first sets. :shh: I'll cut more next year and see if they're worth making.
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Dec 04, 2017

CCC2010 wrote:I too néed the North Star! :turtle: :D

The North Star is in the queue. Only the boss knows when.
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

CCC2010
Turtle Supporter

Postby CCC2010 » Mon Dec 04, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:
CCC2010 wrote:I too néed the North Star! :turtle: :D

The North Star is in the queue. Only the boss knows when.

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
Image WTB:6 oz YPS Golf Ball. Pls.PM me.

encepurdy68

Postby encepurdy68 » Mon Dec 04, 2017

Just purchased the last 10 ounce skull from yps and the last 2 provident metals had. Meaning they are now sold out

RLNcoinbuyer
Turtle Supporter

Postby RLNcoinbuyer » Tue Dec 05, 2017

encepurdy68 wrote:Just purchased the last 10 ounce skull from yps and the last 2 provident metals had. Meaning they are now sold out

YPS still has one available on Ebay for $230 :shifty:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-ozt-YPS-3D- ... Ciid%253A1
ImageImage Image

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue Dec 05, 2017

That’s some impressive work Randy!! The anchors are wicked cool, put me on the waiting list for one :)
I am still waiting for the 4D F-40 ;)
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Tue Dec 05, 2017

I'd take at least the bigger Anchor! :thumbup:

And if they only came in a set, then I guess I'd be game for that, too.

Also waiting for the Bottle to become available in the shiny finish. Whatever happened to that? :?

Finally, hoping the premium of the Anvil & Hammers comes down someday. You guys wanna move these things, or what? :mrgreen:

Andref

Postby Andref » Tue Dec 05, 2017

Shortstack McAygee wrote:I'd take at least the bigger Anchor! :thumbup:

And if they only came in a set, then I guess I'd be game for that, too.

Also waiting for the Bottle to become available in the shiny finish. Whatever happened to that? :?

Finally, hoping the premium of the Anvil & Hammers comes down someday. You guys wanna move these things, or what? :mrgreen:

Sadly, apmex sells the anvil for $20 less than YPS .
Actually, they sell most of YPS products cheaper than YPS sells their own stuff....go figure - I'll never understand that one

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Dec 05, 2017

Real easy.. my wife’s Mom and Pop customers always complain that Giant grocery stores sell her coffee at the price they pay..she says, “buy 4 tractor trailer loads at a time and I’ll give u their price”.....
Outstanding!

Andref

Diggin4copper wrote:Real easy.. my wife’s Mom and Pop customers always complain that Giant grocery stores sell her coffee at the price they pay..she says, “buy 4 tractor trailer loads at a time and I’ll give u their price”.....

I still don't get it. Why would someone take a product that only they can supply and sell it for $30 less to a distributor who will turn around and sell it for $20 less than if some bought from you directly? To me, that seems like a bigger loss in profit than reducing the price for those who buy from me directly. When the distributor is pushing more of your products than you can, it shows there is a demand for the products. To me, it would make more sense to cut the middle man out and lower the prices when buying directly from me. Why take a $30 loss on profits when I can drop the price on my end and still make more than pushing through a distributor.
This probably explains why I don't own my own business.....

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

I think apex has a larger audience..lot of people won't find the yps website. So two or three sales a week at 30 dollar profit on your site, plus 10 dollar profit on 30 sales on the big site..3 times the profit on one shipment..money for the lights, taxes, payroll etc ... sux being the boss sometimes
Outstanding!

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

That's a one-time shipment for a whole bunch of silver so the profit is in a one-time transaction
Outstanding!

Andref

Using apmex to get your name out there is a good thing - I get that. What I would consider is how often I am making those large sales vs my weekly sales. A distributor may only resupply once a month (If that) where my loyal customers are back time and time again. I would try to cater more to them since they represent my steady source of income.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Pretty standard practice in all of retail. I know a business owner who had developed, patented and sells his product direct, individually through his own online stores for $25. His tier pricing to major distributors world wide is as low as $8. Nature of the beast in the world or retail. You take a smaller per item profit, make it up on volume and get your name out there.

ImageImage Image

Andref

bigjohn wrote:Pretty standard practice in all of retail. I know a business owner who had developed, patented and sells his product direct, individually through his own online stores for $25. His tier pricing to major distributors world wide is as low as $8. Nature of the beast in the world or retail. You take a smaller per item profit, make it up on volume and get your name out there.

That's fine and dandy when you are supplying a product that has unlimited production. This is a different beast all together. If I am making a limited number of a product that only I can supply, why would I take such a huge cut on my profits? Once the production numbers are met, it's done. I'd rather drop the price slightly and sell it to those loyal to me....or at the very least, price match.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Dec 05, 2017

Andref wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Pretty standard practice in all of retail. I know a business owner who had developed, patented and sells his product direct, individually through his own online stores for $25. His tier pricing to major distributors world wide is as low as $8. Nature of the beast in the world or retail. You take a smaller per item profit, make it up on volume and get your name out there.

That's fine and dandy when you are supplying a product that has unlimited production. This is a different beast all together. If I am making a limited number of a product that only I can supply, why would I take such a huge cut on my profits? Once the production numbers are met, it's done. I'd rather drop the price slightly and sell it to those loyal to me....or at the very least, price match.

Apmex only offers a small portion of the YPS product line. Think of the YPS pieces available on their site as a gateway drug. Get em hooked on your product and the real junkies will come to the YPS website for the hard stuff.

The real degenerates loiter around the KSAs and BSTs here on Bullion Stacker.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Andref wrote:

I don’t think you are getting the concept. I also think you are overestimating your and my loyalty worth in terms of profits. Here is an easier way to visualize it (very much dummied down but should get a point across)

Scenario 1 (YPS caters to loyal customers by only selling on their website):
3oz Silver widget. Retail $66 (gross profit after COGS and production cost - $6)
You, me and other loyal customers buy 50.
It takes 10 hours to process and ship individual orders.
Additional overhead cost $180
Net profit $120

Scenario 2 (YPS caters to everyone because let’s face it, the current number of loyal collectors won’t sustain a business):
3oz Silver widget. Wholesale $61 (gross profit after COGS and production cost - $1)
Dealers buy 200.
It takes 15 minuets to process and ship the orders.
Additional overhead cost $10
Net profit $190
Putting extra 200 products into new customers hands, some of which will become collectors - priceless.

Yes, the final mintage is higher and your personal gains from resale a “not so rare” Bar are lower. At the end of the day, a company has to stay profitable or you don’t get ANY rare bars. Want low mintage? Buy JoeShmoePouredSilver, enough of those out there. YPS is growing and that’s a good thing. Stick with it and the 200 mintage bars will be viewed in a much different light. Be patient and take Buy the very limited releases that YPS still sells without offering any to major suppliers

ImageImage Image

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”