Hand Sanitizer, Masks, Rubbing Alcohol

NHsorter

Hand Sanitizer, Masks, Rubbing Alcohol

Postby NHsorter » Tue Mar 24, 2020

Sorry this is so long... and probably in the wrong place...

If people need these things, and stores are completely sold out, where can they turn? Used to be Amazon, eBay, or craigslist. Not any more. These listings are being taken down on those sites. Capitalism is the devil now.

I'm not a price gouger. I have more 3M N95 masks than I need. I am giving lots away to people in need in my area. People in healthcare and as soon as I get a few minutes to spare, local first responders.

It would be nice if I could sell some of these goods at a profit to help me afford to give more away. I paid way too much money for these.

The company that I work for happens to have the ingredients to make hand sanitizer. We do industrial solvent blends and sell in bulk. We are not well situated equipment wise and do not have the economies of scale to do hand sanitizer at normal retail. We just started making some anyway and we are hand filling whatever little jars we can locate. We've got a limited amount of pint bottles with trigger sprayers that we have been using. We've given some of these away and are ramping up to make more.

Our company is a small family owned business with 14 employees. We have NEVER had layoffs and the owner is NOT getting rich. But we have always gotten by and paid the bills. It's been a stable business but we don't have extra reserves to get us through a huge crisis like this. We want to keep everyone here employed and insured! The last couple of weeks, we've has a couple busy customers, but we've also had a lot of customers that are probably going to be going out of business and leaving us with bad debt. It would be great if we could make some money on hand sanitizer and surface sanitizers. But if we don't sell it at Wal-Mart prices then we are price gougers. And no matter how cheap you list it for, you still can't sell it on eBay, Amazon or Craigslist right now, they take the listings down and send you a nasty email.

Ideally, we could sell a bunch of these at a healthy profit to people that can afford it. Then we could use the profit to keep paying our employees and also to donate as much of this as possible to local healthcare & first responders.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any suggestions or some outside of the box ideas on what we could do. I don't really have much spare time, things are moving at a mind bending pace and I'm thrashing my arms just to tread water here to try to keep everybody going that depends on us to support their families. Crazy times out there! stay safe!

blevdawgAg47

Re: Hand Sanitizer, Masks, Rubbing Alcohol

Postby blevdawgAg47 » Tue Mar 24, 2020

Maybe try selling at farmers market, local swap meet?
ImageImageImage

NHsorter

Thanks, but I'm staying away from people now. Swap meets & farmers markets also take time that I don't have and I'm not comfortable asking someone to interface with the public for me if I am not willing to do it myself given the circumstances.

Goldman
Gold Supporter

Postby Goldman » Tue Mar 24, 2020

I would be interested in buying some hand sanitizer. I'm not a Fortune 500 company or looking to resell. I have a retail business with twenty-five employees and need it for the protection of both customers and employees. We are down to our last few bottles and can't find anymore. I was going to try and make our own but, we can't even find the ingredients. It makes no sense not to let people sell this stuff. I may even donate some to local healthcare, FD's and PD's if I'm able to. I'm sure it would need to have some type of certification to be accepted by those groups. On second thought, I might need that too since I would have some liability in that regard. If you want to PM me a quote, I will see if it make financial sense.

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Mar 24, 2020

In Texas, we have an entity called a "hospital district." In the large metropolitan areas, it is usually defined geographically by the country line. These districts have various duties and responsibilities based on the authority given them. NH, perhaps you could contact the office of the highest ranking medical officer in your county and explain your capacity to produce a valuable item. They may ask for some testing to prove efficacy.

I would buy some from you but worry about the shipping costs.

Good luck!
Looking for Goldbacks? viewtopic.php?f=98&t=32677
Gold is money everywhere. Our goal is to fill the world with local Goldback currencies.

NHsorter

My post almost started off as an offer to sell some of the stuff but people are being so weird about selling this stuff that I don't know if I have the heart. I am donating what I can but if I can find a way to market some then it will definitely free me up to be even more helpful than I would be by just giving away all that I have and then being up sh*ts creek without a paddle. I'm not much use to my employees or to society in general if I am just holed up at home growing vegetables for my family and not having time or resources to make any other contributions. But is seems like that's what most would prefer that I do. It's crazy.

I'm not opposed to selling. I don't even care if someone wants to resell and make a bunch of money. If I can sell this and make a decent profit, I am going to use that to keep my employees working and keep our doors open. It does society no good if we go out of business. It actually damages a lot of families that we care about. If we stay open and viable it is also allowing us to help donate to local people in need.

If I put this stuff into quart bottles (or smaller), I can ship it via UPS Ground without the need to pay the HazMat fee. It's a limited quantity exemption. 12-quart cases are not too heavy and might cost $25-$50 to ship depending on where it is going in the county. We are in Mass.

I have containers: 55 gallon drums, 5 gallon pails, 1 gallon jugs, 1 quart jugs, and a limited amount of pint jugs.

I have 99.8+% pure Tech Grade Isopropyl Alcohol.

I can water this down with Deionized water. A typical surface sanitizer will be 70-% IPA and 30% DI Water. It actually sanitizes better than the pure stuff because the water content increases the uptake of the alcohol by the bugs.

The hand sanitizer formula we just made is recommended as the most effective by the WHO. It's a liquid that can be sprayed. It is not a gel. The formula is 71% Alcohol, 26.5% DI Water and 2.5% Glycerine. The glycering helps to moisturize your hands and it also keeps the alcohol from drying too fast and therefore increases the contact time, therefore increasing the effectiveness.

Cost for all 3 of these is very similar. The alcohol and glycerine are getting nearly impossible to source. It's on allocation and we have no idea when we will get more. Or what the cost will be at that time. I see 5 gallon pails selling for $500. I see gallons going for $100+ and quarts for over $50. Those prices are insane. But I also can't sell a bunch of small orders at a slim profit margin or else we'll just be doing a bunch of busy work that will be distracting us from more important things. So it's a balancing act I guess.

I'm mostly just verting here and rambling so I apologize for that! It would be fantastic if eBay would just let the market work. If they would allow us to list, I would just put up 5 gallon pails of this stuff and auction it off with no reserve and a $1 starting price. How is it price gouging if you do that? I'm sure the demand is there that we would make good money on it and that would allow us to give a bunch away. What ebay and Amazon are doing now it driving the price us even more! And a black market is developing! It's nuts.

As for proving efficacy, the WHO has already done that with this formula. All we have are CofA's for the raw materials going into the product. But we don't have a testing entity to test our finished product. We are not set up for that. We make industrial chemical blends for print shops and other manufacturers. I'm literally scrambling 16 hours a day to keep the ship from sinking and I don't have time to research and implement whatever certifications and everything is necessary for a retail shelf product. And once the real manufacturers of this stuff manage to catch up, we have 0.000 chance of competing with their economies of scale.

shinnosuke
Liberty Supporter

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Mar 24, 2020

This is the Friends of BullionStacker Forum. My recommendation is to put items up for sale at a price that makes sense to you and see what happens.

I will definitely buy something.
Looking for Goldbacks? viewtopic.php?f=98&t=32677
Gold is money everywhere. Our goal is to fill the world with local Goldback currencies.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Mar 24, 2020

We also have the AUCTIONS! AUCTIONS! AUCTIONS! forum in the marketplace. Could list a few items there and see what happens.
Government over-hypes a threat as an excuse to grab more of our freedoms. When the “threat” is over, however, they never give us our freedoms back. -Dr. Ron Paul

NHsorter

At this moment, I am not looking to open up the floodgates to a large amount of small orders. I just have too many other fish to fry but hopefully I can finish getting some of my employees set up to do remote work and free up some time to help out with that. I'm going to do my best to get some orders going for people on here that are interested in larger orders. I have done my best to price this fairly. Would like to stick to PayPal if at all possible. All prices are for the items cost, and the shipping will be additional. 2 products, both offered at the same price.

Hand Sanitizer Liquid (NOT GEL) 71% Isopropanol, 26.5% DI Water, 2.5% Glycerine.
or
Surface Sanitizer Liquid = 70% Isporopanol, 30% DI Water

1 Pint Bottles with pump sprayer = $10/bottle (cases hold 12)
1 Quart bottles with trigger sprayer = $15/bottle (cases hold 12)
1 Gallon Jug w/cap = $40.00/bottle (cases hold 4)
5 gallon pail w/plastic dispensing spigot = $150.00/each

We have plenty of product, and we have plenty of pails and gallon jugs. The smaller quarts, pints, and sprayers we have low stock but we are trying to get more, but I have no idea exactly how long what we have will last or how long it will take to get more.

If anyone has a problem with this listing or with these prices, please kindly feel free to post here. I don't care about ad stomping or anything. I'm doing my best to remain fair and get this stuff out to people who need it. I reached out to my PCP to offer him sanitizer and masks for free and he did not want any because he does not want to use up stuff that should be going to hospitals. I get it, but that also seems nuts to me. Hospitals want USP rated products and non-expired medical masks as far as I know. I have 3M 9210 N95 dust masks that are probably past expiration. Still a million times better than no mask, if you ask me, but probably not the best thing to be sporting if you are cutting someone open. Maybe I'm just ignorant so feel free to correct me. Stay safe!

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Tue Mar 24, 2020

I bought these last Friday 20th up here in Maine. $9.99 but the store is closed for 2 weeks now. I will get the remaining boxes around 25 or so and take them down to the hospital where they are probably needed more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

NHsorter

I did specifically ask for people to ad stomp, haha. So that's cool. But no one wants those Mardens masks brother. See links below for where the market is at for real ones. And I am not taking part in that. In fact, I no longer have any masks for sale on here I am retracting the offer, it's not worth the heartache.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ONE-1-N95-1860 ... SwF7xeeoyW

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3m-Bundle-2-18 ... SwPzNeelmK

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1860S-95-Face- ... SwNIheelB0

Bookwalter
Silver Supporter

Postby Bookwalter » Thu Mar 26, 2020

I used to work as a surgical tech at our local level one trauma center (yes, I’ve seen a lot of strange stuff). Between that and me being a paranoid kinda guy, I amassed a good amount of N95 and other masks, suture and all kinds of goodies. I broke out the masks the other day and took them to the local hospital here in Tacoma. I really didn’t need that much for just two of us, so it felt good to give back a bit. Most of my other things are expired, which does not mean they are unusable, but I can’t give them to real medical places. I basically have enough stuff to run a small operating room still, so if your in Tacoma and need stitches, lemme know, after all this covid19 stuff, that is. Until this clears, I’m just glad I’m easily entertained.

What will we call the coming flood of babies that will surely result from this massive stay at home order??? Generation 19?

toddler81

Postby toddler81 » Thu Mar 26, 2020

Bookwalter wrote:
What will we call the coming flood of babies that will surely result from this massive stay at home order??? Generation 19?

I heard coronials... lol
If you've still got a mask, I know a guy looking for some...
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
$10 free at Coinbase!

:wanted:
LIBERTADS
GOLD
1/20
: BU 2011; PR 2005
1/10
: BU 1994,2000

:wanted: 2007 08 Roos on card

blackrabbit

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Mar 26, 2020

"That daily deal" has sent me texts selling masks yesterday and hand sanitizer today, so sign up with them if you need some.

It is much easier to fool a man than to convince him that he has been fooled.

BigBamboula
Gold Supporter

Postby BigBamboula » Thu Mar 26, 2020

Marchas45 wrote:I bought these last Friday 20th up here in Maine. $9.99 but the store is closed for 2 weeks now. I will get the remaining boxes around 25 or so and take them down to the hospital where they are probably needed more

A couple of suggestions, respectfully...

Call the hospital first and ask to speak to someone in "supply chain." Hopefully you get someone knowledgeable as to whether they can use those masks.....

If they say no, then you would do well, maybe even better, to distribute a couple three masks, maybe in a ziplock bag, to each of the houses in your neighborhood, a lot of people dont have any. This fights community spread, at the ground level.

Just be sure to pack.them.in the baggies in as sterile a fashion as you can manage.

Also, local Fire/EMS will take donations of that sort of thing
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 Tiananmen Square protests 1989 天安門大屠殺 Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multiparty 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎

NHsorter

Postby NHsorter » Thu Mar 26, 2020

Open to trades. I like anything cool. Suture kits sound super cool. If someone here gets cut, I don’t want to go near a hospital right now. I -also really like the neighbor idea. I’m gonna hit up our towns safety complex this weekend as well(maintaining safe distance :D ). Thanks guys! Already mailed a bunch to old family members and they were psyched.

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Thu Mar 26, 2020

Always have the KSA’s coming up next month. May have some buyers willing to bid on some of the goods.

I’ve been making my own hand sanitizer lately because you just can’t find it anywhere. Seems like people are buying it before it gets of the truck. I’m not to worried about masks myself. If it gets bad enough I need a mask to go out, then I’m not going out.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”