YPS News & Happenings

User avatar
Silversaving
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1211
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silversaving » Tue Jul 17, 2018

Shortstack McAygee wrote:Perhaps a silly question... But can you tell if it was definitely cut with a pair of scissors or knife? Or, did the package just split open?

I say that, because while I'm sure it's possible that it may have been intentionally opened, it's also possible that it was a non-person accident. Both have been known to happen with shipping companies/postal services.

I can't say 100% either way. Here's a pic
Image
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

User avatar
Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Jul 17, 2018

Looks like rip to me
Outstanding!

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Tue Jul 17, 2018

Diggin4copper wrote:Looks like rip to me


I agree. It should have been shipped in a box. Not sure why it wasn't, we usually ship anything over 5oz in a box. Sucks that the prototype is lost, but we made the buyer whole.

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Tue Jul 17, 2018

More vintage stuff put on sale, and some of the stuff that was on sale has had further price drops.

User avatar
toddler81
Posts: 1274
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby toddler81 » Tue Jul 17, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
Shortstack McAygee wrote:Perhaps a silly question... But can you tell if it was definitely cut with a pair of scissors or knife? Or, did the package just split open?

I say that, because while I'm sure it's possible that it may have been intentionally opened, it's also possible that it was a non-person accident. Both have been known to happen with shipping companies/postal services.

I can't say 100% either way. Here's a pic
Image


That looks like someone used their finger to rip it open. I have received both packages and envelopes that are partially ripped but not enough that anything would fall out. So I always tape the ends of my envelopes for exactly that reason. I'm just paranoid, I guess. Glad to hear silver addict made you whole.
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
https://share.brooklinen.com/x/RdX4ZK

Get $10 free at Coinbase!
https://www.coinbase.com/join/595fcda9feff9f014857eb6e

:wanted: BU GOLD LIBERTADS
1/20: 2011
1/10: 1994,2000,03


:wanted: 1998 SILVER PROOF LIBERTAD FRACTIONALS (1/20, 1/10, 1/4)

:wanted: 2007, 2008, 2012 kangaroos on card
Image

User avatar
Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015
Location: US

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Tue Jul 17, 2018

Silversaving wrote:
Shortstack McAygee wrote:Perhaps a silly question... But can you tell if it was definitely cut with a pair of scissors or knife? Or, did the package just split open?

I say that, because while I'm sure it's possible that it may have been intentionally opened, it's also possible that it was a non-person accident. Both have been known to happen with shipping companies/postal services.

I can't say 100% either way. Here's a pic
Image


Given the nature of the piece (dimensions, weight, shape, density), coupled with that packaging, I'm going to say it was an accidental split during its apparently rough journey. And this is why I try to "bomb-proof" whenever I ship something.

Definitely fill out that form at USPS.com, ASAP. ;)
Image

User avatar
SilverCat
Gold Supporter
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015
Location: Northern California

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby SilverCat » Tue Jul 17, 2018

That really sucks. I bought 20 1 oz rounds from someone who put them in an ASE tube and put it in one of the flimsy cardboard document mailers. No tape, no padding. Of course the tube busted right out, and I got a torn, empty document mailer in my box. The seller reimbursed me, and then the post office sent me $50, so I guess it worked out ok. I tape the hell out of any silver package I send, and make sure nothing moves or rattles.
Life is today.

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Tue Jul 17, 2018

I think I finally have a working version of the 3oz Bitcoin. This one has a shiny finish.

https://yeagerspouredsilver.com/product/3oz-bitcoin/

User avatar
Rik Bitter
Gold Jester
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016
Location: PA

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Jul 17, 2018

Silver Addict wrote:I think I finally have a working version of the 3oz Bitcoin. This one has a shiny finish.

https://yeagerspouredsilver.com/product/3oz-bitcoin/


So what was the final mintage on the V2 Bitcoin?
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***


ImageImage

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Rik Bitter wrote:
Silver Addict wrote:I think I finally have a working version of the 3oz Bitcoin. This one has a shiny finish.

https://yeagerspouredsilver.com/product/3oz-bitcoin/


So what was the final mintage on the V2 Bitcoin?


Brit's on vacation, so will ask her when she comes back. It's not that many, i'd guess less than 20.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4724
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Silver Addict wrote:
Rik Bitter wrote:
Silver Addict wrote:I think I finally have a working version of the 3oz Bitcoin. This one has a shiny finish.

https://yeagerspouredsilver.com/product/3oz-bitcoin/


So what was the final mintage on the V2 Bitcoin?


Brit's on vacation, so will ask her when she comes back. It's not that many, i'd guess less than 20.


Less than 20? Well that worked out nicely for me :twisted: ;) 8-)
Image

User avatar
Andref
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Andref » Wed Jul 18, 2018

When is V1 going to be retired?

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Andref wrote:When is V1 going to be retired?


the 2.5 isn't V1. I'm just referring to the 3oz. 3 versions of the 3oz. Mostly has to do with pressing them. finish is also different on V3. We are using a blank round instead of a pre-poured bitcoin. Pressing the blank round into a steel mold.

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Jul 18, 2018

SilverDoge wrote:
Silver Addict wrote:
Rik Bitter wrote:
Silver Addict wrote:I think I finally have a working version of the 3oz Bitcoin. This one has a shiny finish.

https://yeagerspouredsilver.com/product/3oz-bitcoin/


So what was the final mintage on the V2 Bitcoin?


Brit's on vacation, so will ask her when she comes back. It's not that many, i'd guess less than 20.


Less than 20? Well that worked out nicely for me :twisted: ;) 8-)


How many do you have? I can't remember.

User avatar
SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter
Posts: 4724
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014
Location: Kansas

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Silver Addict wrote:How many do you have? I can't remember.


Image
Image

User avatar
Andref
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Andref » Wed Jul 18, 2018

There are 3 versions of the 3oz Bitcoin???
I bought mine back in May - what version is that?

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Andref wrote:There are 3 versions of the 3oz Bitcoin???
I bought mine back in May - what version is that?


I'd have to see a pic. the impression on V2 is much greater than V1

User avatar
Andref
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Andref » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Silver Addict wrote:
Andref wrote:There are 3 versions of the 3oz Bitcoin???
I bought mine back in May - what version is that?


I'd have to see a pic. the impression on V2 is much greater than V1


What was the final mintage for V1?

Schwartzy
Gold Supporter
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Schwartzy » Wed Jul 18, 2018

I was stoked to piece together #7 Barnyard Series. Alot of time and searching and emailing, ect. Here's the payoff! I'm happy!

https://youtu.be/jl4QBc9CWP0
:duck: LOOKING FOR YPS # "20" (YP SCHWARTZY)

User avatar
Silver Addict
Dunce
Posts: 17515
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009
Contact:

Re: YPS News & Happenings

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Andref wrote:
Silver Addict wrote:
Andref wrote:There are 3 versions of the 3oz Bitcoin???
I bought mine back in May - what version is that?


I'd have to see a pic. the impression on V2 is much greater than V1


What was the final mintage for V1?


Don't have exact numbers. Brit might be able to find it when she gets back. Wasn't very many.


Return to “Friends of BullionStacker”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Diggin4copper and 3 guests