nine
No votes
10+
6%
all of them
1%

Total votes: 244

bankmining

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby bankmining » Mon Dec 11, 2017

For me, just AGgressive Metal and highroller4321. Did a deal with Portland Mint on an errand run from the Tacoma area.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon Dec 11, 2017

Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

oktyabyr
Turtle Supporter

Postby oktyabyr » Tue Dec 12, 2017

Unfortunately don’t think there’s many in my area, so it’s difficult to meet up lol.

highroller4321

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Dec 13, 2017

bigjohn wrote:Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met

Not everyone yet but I did meet DRP270 and MaxGravy on Monday. :thumbup:

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Wed Dec 13, 2017

highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met

So it seems. How do you find time for work because it sounds like you just travel the globe to meet BS members every day based on the thread history and everyone mentioning meeting highroller :lol:
Speaking of which, you driving up for the Boeing Coin Show next month?

ImageImage Image

Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017

A well known member her about 18yrs ago. Let's see if he steps up to the plate... :pop:
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:A well known member her about 18yrs ago. Let's see if he steps up to the plate... :pop:

Is that Napoleon Dynamite? :mrgreen:
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

highroller4321

bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:

So it seems. How do you find time for work because it sounds like you just travel the globe to meet BS members every day based on the thread history and everyone mentioning meeting highroller :lol:

That is a trade secret. 8-)

Yes, I will be at the Boeing show! Are you going to be there?

RLNcoinbuyer
Turtle Supporter

Postby RLNcoinbuyer » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:Image

A well known member her about 18yrs ago. Let's see if he steps up to the plate... :pop:

That is a spectacular photo and I'm sure whomever it is will be so grateful you've found it! :thumbup:
ImageImage Image

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Wed Dec 13, 2017

highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:

Definitely planning on it. Will probably bring my “stacker in training” again. Would be great to get together

ImageImage Image

dae2dae
Gold Jester

Postby dae2dae » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:Image

pink tracksuit, already know who that is probably :pop:
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

highroller4321

bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:

Definitely planning on it. Will probably bring my “stacker in training” again. Would be great to get together

Lets make it happen! :pop:

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Wed Apr 03, 2019

I am now over 10. I met Jerry Sargent and our track chair recipient Dan who is now a member--Jerry's and Dan's wives were present. We met up with them and of course Maxgravy, Splunky and Stoutrout for lunch today at Dan's favorite place and had a great time swapping stories and looking forward to the WFTW main event. It should be a good one if you can make it out.
ImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Wed Apr 03, 2019

I am at 10 for sure after Lynn, maybe 11 or more. My memory isn't what it once was :lol:
ImageImageImage

gramcracker
Turtle Supporter

Postby gramcracker » Thu Apr 04, 2019

I answered one but realized it is two. I had the honor of meeting Rodebaugh and by sheer luck his dad too! They were both so gracious it was just a beautiful experience for me. I hold them both in high regard. I assume "met" means f2f but I will mention a phone call out of the blue from Mechanic4hire just to say "hi" which meant a lot to me. And somehow Captain W (whom I have not met f2f) became a true and treasured friend in my mind. He listened to me patiently during very difficult times that he could uniquely understand and hopefully no one else will ever hear. I will be eternally grateful. Likely this is TMI but thanks to these gentlemen and BS. John
Don't believe everything you think.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Apr 04, 2019

DRP270 wrote:I am now over 10. I met Jerry Sargent and our track chair recipient Dan who is now a member--Jerry's and Dan's wives were present. We met up with them and of course Maxgravy, Splunky and Stoutrout for lunch today at Dan's favorite place and had a great time swapping stories and looking forward to the WFTW main event. It should be a good one if you can make it out.

It was a most excellent day indeed! It was very cool to meet danmrf1962 and his wife. Always nice to put a name with a face. They're good folks. We made the right choice. Our goal with this trackchair project is to change a life and I'm very confident that we will meet that goal. Dan is very deserving. He's a fisherman and a hunter with no means to get out into nature. I hope he becomes a regular BS member. He's one of us ;) I gave him a BS bar today.

Dan-Stouttrout brought Dan Peterson's trackchair. (so many Dans!) It's 8 or 9 years old and has been very well used. The serial number is really low, 376 or something close to that. Melanie said they're well over 4000 now. We transferred the chair to our truck and today we're taking it to Action for refurbishing. danmrf1962 got to try it out in the restaurant parking lot. You should've seen him smile. He'll have his very own chair in just a few weeks. :thumbup:

I lost count on the number of BS members Splunky and I have met but I'd guess it's close to 30. Next week we're going to meet two more. ;)
I'm clearly not very bright.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Apr 16, 2019

On Friday and Saturday, Splunky and I met Rik Bitter and natsb88. We had a great time hanging out at the copper cave, which isn't really copper, or a cave. :lol: We also had some excellent conversations. Friday night we spent almost 5 hours at a restaurant/bar just talking away. We even recorded a short segment that will be in the next Pondcast.

It was a real pleasure to meet these two fine gentlemen and I hope we can do it again next year. :wave:

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Tue Apr 16, 2019

MaxGravy wrote:On Friday and Saturday, Splunky and I met Rik Bitter and natsb88. We had a great time hanging out at the copper cave, which isn't really copper, or a cave. :lol:

What can I say, Copper Cave sounded a little catchier than Platinum Bunker :lol:

MaxGravy wrote:We also had some excellent conversations. Friday night we spent almost 5 hours at a restaurant/bar just talking away. We even recorded a short segment that will be in the next Pondcast.
It was a real pleasure to meet these two fine gentlemen and I hope we can do it again next year. :wave:

Likewise! I had a wonderful time meeting Splunky and MaxGravy and Rik Bitter. I rarely go out to eat, let alone spend five hours in a restaurant/bar, but we probably could have talked right through the night :lol:

I get to update my vote to the 10+ category now :thumbup:

Market Harmony
Rodebaugh
Silver Addict
Steely_Mcbeam
highroller4321
slickeast
daviscfad
Splunky
MaxGravy
Rik Bitter

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Apr 16, 2019

It was awesome to finally meet a few BS members. Nate gave us a tour of his shop and I got to geek-out on all the cool equipment for a few hours. Afterwards many drinks were drunk and yarns were spun. Randy violated the laws of physics a few times. It was very nice to meet Splunky too.

I hope we get to do it again some time and it would be cool to meet a few more of the folks from the forum too.
I'm down to the last three pieces to complete my YPS collection:
1oz. Yin Yang Hex
2oz. Ankh
3oz. Peace Sign

Also any serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.

ImageImage

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Tue May 07, 2019

Adding bigjohn to my list. It was very cool to spend some time him and his daughter. They came up to the duckpad with SA on Sunday. It was a real pleasure to meet you sir. :wave:

Return to “Polling Place”