How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Please put all polls here.

How many BS'ers have you met?

Zero
112
46%
one
42
17%
two
29
12%
three
17
7%
four
8
3%
five
6
2%
six
6
2%
seven
2
1%
eight
4
2%
nine
0
No votes
10+
15
6%
all of them
3
1%
 
Total votes: 244

bankmining
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017
Location: The Other Washington

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby bankmining » Mon Dec 11, 2017

For me, just AGgressive Metal and highroller4321. Did a deal with Portland Mint on an errand run from the Tacoma area.

User avatar
bigjohn
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 5031
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015
Location: Western Washington

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby bigjohn » Mon Dec 11, 2017

Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

oktyabyr
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby oktyabyr » Tue Dec 12, 2017

Unfortunately don’t think there’s many in my area, so it’s difficult to meet up lol.

highroller4321
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011
Location: Portland Oregon

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Dec 13, 2017

bigjohn wrote:Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met


Not everyone yet but I did meet DRP270 and MaxGravy on Monday. :thumbup:

User avatar
bigjohn
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 5031
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015
Location: Western Washington

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby bigjohn » Wed Dec 13, 2017

highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met


Not everyone yet but I did meet DRP270 and MaxGravy on Monday. :thumbup:

So it seems. How do you find time for work because it sounds like you just travel the globe to meet BS members every day based on the thread history and everyone mentioning meeting highroller :lol:
Speaking of which, you driving up for the Boeing Coin Show next month?
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

User avatar
Mechanic4hire3
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013
Location: Eastern North Carolina

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby Mechanic4hire3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Image

A well known member her about 18yrs ago. Let's see if he steps up to the plate... :pop:
EBay rcook21973
Local: Redwheel_ Numismatics

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 6040
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby fredzoyt » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:A well known member her about 18yrs ago. Let's see if he steps up to the plate... :pop:


Is that Napoleon Dynamite? :mrgreen:
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html
Image

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

highroller4321
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011
Location: Portland Oregon

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Dec 13, 2017

bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met


Not everyone yet but I did meet DRP270 and MaxGravy on Monday. :thumbup:

So it seems. How do you find time for work because it sounds like you just travel the globe to meet BS members every day based on the thread history and everyone mentioning meeting highroller :lol:
Speaking of which, you driving up for the Boeing Coin Show next month?


That is a trade secret. 8-)


Yes, I will be at the Boeing show! Are you going to be there?

User avatar
RLNcoinbuyer
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 892
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017
Location: Lone Star State

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby RLNcoinbuyer » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:Image

A well known member her about 18yrs ago. Let's see if he steps up to the plate... :pop:


That is a spectacular photo and I'm sure whomever it is will be so grateful you've found it! :thumbup:
ImageImage Image

User avatar
bigjohn
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 5031
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015
Location: Western Washington

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby bigjohn » Wed Dec 13, 2017

highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met


Not everyone yet but I did meet DRP270 and MaxGravy on Monday. :thumbup:

So it seems. How do you find time for work because it sounds like you just travel the globe to meet BS members every day based on the thread history and everyone mentioning meeting highroller :lol:
Speaking of which, you driving up for the Boeing Coin Show next month?


That is a trade secret. 8-)


Yes, I will be at the Boeing show! Are you going to be there?

Definitely planning on it. Will probably bring my “stacker in training” again. Would be great to get together
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

User avatar
dae2dae
Gold Jester
Posts: 8221
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012
Location: Los angeles

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby dae2dae » Wed Dec 13, 2017

Mechanic4hire3 wrote:Image

A well known member her about 18yrs ago. Let's see if he steps up to the plate... :pop:

pink tracksuit, already know who that is probably :pop:
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

highroller4321
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011
Location: Portland Oregon

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Dec 13, 2017

bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:
bigjohn wrote:Highroller has got to be one of the three that said he met everyone LOL. He is the only one I ever met


Not everyone yet but I did meet DRP270 and MaxGravy on Monday. :thumbup:

So it seems. How do you find time for work because it sounds like you just travel the globe to meet BS members every day based on the thread history and everyone mentioning meeting highroller :lol:
Speaking of which, you driving up for the Boeing Coin Show next month?


That is a trade secret. 8-)


Yes, I will be at the Boeing show! Are you going to be there?

Definitely planning on it. Will probably bring my “stacker in training” again. Would be great to get together


Lets make it happen! :pop:

User avatar
DRP270
Site Admin
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby DRP270 » Wed Apr 03, 2019

I am now over 10. I met Jerry Sargent and our track chair recipient Dan who is now a member--Jerry's and Dan's wives were present. We met up with them and of course Maxgravy, Splunky and Stoutrout for lunch today at Dan's favorite place and had a great time swapping stories and looking forward to the WFTW main event. It should be a good one if you can make it out.
ImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012
Location: Taxafornia

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby silverhead » Wed Apr 03, 2019

I am at 10 for sure after Lynn, maybe 11 or more. My memory isn't what it once was :lol:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
gramcracker
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016
Location: Southern WV

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby gramcracker » Thu Apr 04, 2019

I answered one but realized it is two. I had the honor of meeting Rodebaugh and by sheer luck his dad too! They were both so gracious it was just a beautiful experience for me. I hold them both in high regard. I assume "met" means f2f but I will mention a phone call out of the blue from Mechanic4hire just to say "hi" which meant a lot to me. And somehow Captain W (whom I have not met f2f) became a true and treasured friend in my mind. He listened to me patiently during very difficult times that he could uniquely understand and hopefully no one else will ever hear. I will be eternally grateful. Likely this is TMI but thanks to these gentlemen and BS. John
Don't believe everything you think.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 16516
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby MaxGravy » Thu Apr 04, 2019

DRP270 wrote:I am now over 10. I met Jerry Sargent and our track chair recipient Dan who is now a member--Jerry's and Dan's wives were present. We met up with them and of course Maxgravy, Splunky and Stoutrout for lunch today at Dan's favorite place and had a great time swapping stories and looking forward to the WFTW main event. It should be a good one if you can make it out.


It was a most excellent day indeed! It was very cool to meet danmrf1962 and his wife. Always nice to put a name with a face. They're good folks. We made the right choice. Our goal with this trackchair project is to change a life and I'm very confident that we will meet that goal. Dan is very deserving. He's a fisherman and a hunter with no means to get out into nature. I hope he becomes a regular BS member. He's one of us ;) I gave him a BS bar today.

Dan-Stouttrout brought Dan Peterson's trackchair. (so many Dans!) It's 8 or 9 years old and has been very well used. The serial number is really low, 376 or something close to that. Melanie said they're well over 4000 now. We transferred the chair to our truck and today we're taking it to Action for refurbishing. danmrf1962 got to try it out in the restaurant parking lot. You should've seen him smile. He'll have his very own chair in just a few weeks. :thumbup:

I lost count on the number of BS members Splunky and I have met but I'd guess it's close to 30. Next week we're going to meet two more. ;)
I'm clearly not very bright.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 16516
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue Apr 16, 2019

On Friday and Saturday, Splunky and I met Rik Bitter and natsb88. We had a great time hanging out at the copper cave, which isn't really copper, or a cave. :lol: We also had some excellent conversations. Friday night we spent almost 5 hours at a restaurant/bar just talking away. We even recorded a short segment that will be in the next Pondcast.

It was a real pleasure to meet these two fine gentlemen and I hope we can do it again next year. :wave:
I'm clearly not very bright.

User avatar
natsb88
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 5812
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009
Location: The Copper Cave
Contact:

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby natsb88 » Tue Apr 16, 2019

MaxGravy wrote:On Friday and Saturday, Splunky and I met Rik Bitter and natsb88. We had a great time hanging out at the copper cave, which isn't really copper, or a cave. :lol:

What can I say, Copper Cave sounded a little catchier than Platinum Bunker :lol:

MaxGravy wrote:We also had some excellent conversations. Friday night we spent almost 5 hours at a restaurant/bar just talking away. We even recorded a short segment that will be in the next Pondcast.
It was a real pleasure to meet these two fine gentlemen and I hope we can do it again next year. :wave:

Likewise! I had a wonderful time meeting Splunky and MaxGravy and Rik Bitter. I rarely go out to eat, let alone spend five hours in a restaurant/bar, but we probably could have talked right through the night :lol:

I get to update my vote to the 10+ category now :thumbup:

Market Harmony
Rodebaugh
Silver Addict
Steely_Mcbeam
highroller4321
slickeast
daviscfad
Splunky
MaxGravy
Rik Bitter

User avatar
Rik Bitter
Gold Jester
Posts: 2845
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016
Location: PA

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Apr 16, 2019

It was awesome to finally meet a few BS members. Nate gave us a tour of his shop and I got to geek-out on all the cool equipment for a few hours. Afterwards many drinks were drunk and yarns were spun. Randy violated the laws of physics a few times. It was very nice to meet Splunky too.

I hope we get to do it again some time and it would be cool to meet a few more of the folks from the forum too.
I'm down to the last three pieces to complete my YPS collection:
1oz. Yin Yang Hex
2oz. Ankh
3oz. Peace Sign

Also any serial #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any of these for sale.


ImageImage

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 16516
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas

Re: How many BS Members have you met F2F?

Postby MaxGravy » Tue May 07, 2019

Adding bigjohn to my list. It was very cool to spend some time him and his daughter. They came up to the duckpad with SA on Sunday. It was a real pleasure to meet you sir. :wave:
I'm clearly not very bright.


Return to “Polling Place”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests