Poll ended at Thu Oct 06, 2011

2000 Series 1
89%
2012 Series 2
11%

Total votes: 37

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

Re: Poll: Which dragon is better design?

Postby GoldGoldandGold » Wed Oct 05, 2011

Dcyphrz wrote:Ya know, Herb mentioned Series II being a sort of copy. I almost wish they'd LITERALLY copied the Series I (changing the dates of course) for the new issues instead of redesigning them entirely.

+4000

The issue is that the Perth guys did an okay job with this dragon coin. However look at the rat, ox and tiger crap out there. I would rather buy the first spouse. Okay may be not, but you get the point.

This is the same in case with Britannia. When Nathan was the designer, they had awesome designs. Now who ever is designing that series is "over-doing" it and crapping it up.

Nothing like the series 1 lunars, except that fatso pig from 2007. I believe that is when the mint outsourced the designing, and starting 2007, the designs went to the toilet.

But I have to say that the 2 ounce coins are the way to go. They are so so beautiful and hefty.

Mirkannen - do you own a 2 ounce Series 2?
I do accept free gold

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Oct 05, 2011

GoldGoldandGold wrote:So did you get the answer Sa?

Yes, I did.

Not many like series 2, so they won't sell very many. Therefore, it will be much rarer than series 1. In 12 years when series 3 comes out, I will be laughing all the way to the bank after cashing all my series 2 in for monster premiums. :ugeek:

Dcyphrz
Gold Supporter

Postby Dcyphrz » Wed Oct 05, 2011

GoldGoldandGold wrote: I would rather buy the first spouse. Okay may be not, but you get the point.

I think I went all cross-eyed when I read the first part of that. LOL I'm not a fan of the first spouse either but I specifically remember how much you hate those.

And speaking of Brits, I haven't followed who designed what but you had a proof and a bullion version last year and I was impressed with those, particularly the bullion version. Very very nice coins.

Dcyphrz
Gold Supporter

I hope none of you think I'm bashing your taste or your coins, by the way. I can appreciate pretty much any coin but I just have my own prefs. To each his own as far as I'm concerned. That's why there's more than one flavor of ice cream. :)

TheMineTech
Supporter

Postby TheMineTech » Wed Oct 05, 2011

Looks like series II is gaining momentum, Look out!!

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

Dcyphrz wrote:
GoldGoldandGold wrote: I would rather buy the first spouse. Okay may be not, but you get the point.

I think I went all cross-eyed when I read the first part of that. LOL I'm not a fan of the first spouse either but I specifically remember how much you hate those.

And speaking of Brits, I haven't followed who designed what but you had a proof and a bullion version last year and I was impressed with those, particularly the bullion version. Very very nice coins.

You my friend have great memory. So if a coin image is stuck in your mind, then it means it surely is a great looking coin. Here is once again just for you
I do accept free gold

bowandarrows

Postby bowandarrows » Wed Oct 05, 2011

I voted series 1 as well, as someone else said, series 2 looks like they overdid it. But, may be they will make series 3 even uglier, series 2 would look good :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

I wanted to thank j-son for starting me off on those 2 ouncers. I am still looking for that Snake coin j-son :lol:
I do accept free gold

Dcyphrz
Gold Supporter

GoldGoldandGold wrote:Image

Yeppers! That's the very photo I remember. Those things are nothing but awesome! If I had to choose favorites, that issue would be in my top 4 or 5. Thanks for posting that. I saved it this time. LOL

bowandarrows

Postby bowandarrows » Wed Oct 05, 2011

Is it year 2000. I have that in the crap metal :lol: :lol: and its year 2000

GoldGoldandGold wrote:
You my friend have great memory. So if a coin image is stuck in your mind, then it means it surely is a great looking coin. Here is once again just for you

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Oct 05, 2011

You know, this is a dragon thread. 3G's, get your crappy britannias outta here :evil:

:mrgreen:

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Wed Oct 05, 2011

Dcyphrz wrote:

That should tell you something, just check the premiums on those ugly ladies now....yikes!!!
ImageImageImage

Dcyphrz
Gold Supporter

Sorry I derailed us. Hooray for dragons!! ....cept Series II LOL[/size][/size]

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

PeacePeople wrote:
Dcyphrz wrote:

That should tell you something, just check the premiums on those ugly ladies now....yikes!!!

Yeah you check them. I am not talking about some rare ones. Most of the ones released in 2007 sold for less than spot. Hell I would not even pay 50 under spot for those even now. They are like baggage coins, that won't want to leave you.

DGI - It is 2001 date in Gold

SA - dont be jealous. You arent getting your typeset :lol: :lol:
I do accept free gold

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Wed Oct 05, 2011

I don't need to check on the ugly ladies. I know the 07's are garbage and sold for no premium, but what about the others? People shunned them and that's what made them what they are. I just wish more had your opine on the lunar II's so I wouldn't have to pay the current premiums. :lol:
ImageImageImage

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Oct 06, 2011

GoldGoldandGold wrote:SA - dont be jealous. You arent getting your typeset :lol: :lol:

Still getting it. They screwed me enough times, they had to throw me a bone at some point.

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Oct 06, 2011

For all of you 20+ people that got confused with the question, and accidently voted for the wrong one, you can now change your vote.

GoldGoldandGold
Dunce

Postby GoldGoldandGold » Thu Oct 06, 2011

Silver Addict wrote:For all of you 20+ people that got confused with the question, and accidently voted for the wrong one, you can now change your vote.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do accept free gold

Return to “Polling Place”