Russian hacking?

Please put all polls here.

Did Russia directly &/or indirectly hack the 2016 election process?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 49

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Long John » Mon Dec 12, 2016

tomfernandez wrote:Speaking of Mr Assange, do you remember back during the Bush administration when the Democrats thought he was a hero. The democrats sure changed their tune on him.

The Democrats aren't the only ones. :lol: I guess it depends who's hurt and who benefits from the leaks. Leading up to the election, WikiLeaks was praised and quoted in Trump's speeches. Any doubt what his reaction will be when Putin plants a damaging leak about him?

It's interesting that the top Republicans, McConnell, Ryan, McCain, even Trump's vice president, and the CIA are saying the evidence points to Russia trying to manipulate the election. That's not to say they succeeded. HRC and the Democrats did their part to get the result they deserved. But the Russians did work at it. Why would that be surprising? We have been manipulating elections in other countries for decades. The CIA knows voter manipulation when it sees it, because it's pretty good at doing it. But the implications of the GOP leadership calling for this investigation ... Looking ahead to 2020? Firing a shot across Trump's bow? Why does Mike Pence not seem to be part of Team Trump?

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Mon Dec 12, 2016

Take the emails for what they are. They are proof of the bad ethics of their party. Either hacked by Russians or by Frito fingers in his basement, the emails were proven to be fact. No Democrat is denying the legitimacy of the emails. I say use the emails for a case if need be.

On the other hand, only the dirty laundry of one party was put on display. So it seems to be pointing at someone, or some group that was rooting for Trump. I'm sure if some of the emails from the RNC was put out, there would have been some interesting back and forth emails.

Now it is time to find out who did it. Doesn't matter if you were for HRC or Trump. The fact that our elections were so easily manipulated should have you at the very least a bit nervous. Sure hope we are working as hard as other countries in the art of cyber war.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016

I was reminded today, and I'm sure someone can post a link to the video if they wish, that Trump specifically asked Russia to hack and publish Clinton's emails.

Asked about it now, he would probably say he was joking, or maybe it was a euphenism (another Trump word soon to appear in a dictionary near you, along with bigly).

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Mon Dec 12, 2016

Super Stacker PCB wrote:No Democrat is denying the legitimacy of the emails.

There are still several here who seem to imply they don't find the information in the leaks to be credible. Hard to believe anyone would doubt the credibility of the CONTENT of those emails.

silverpv wrote:
The irony is the president elect and some of you discredit what the CIA/FBI have to say but trust whole heartedly what Wikileaks has to say, and no one knows the source of his information..

dru708 wrote:
As far as those emails I put them in with gossip & rumor. And give the same amount of credibility.

Again, the fact that democrats have been silent about the content of what was exposed, but very vocal about the source of the leaks speaks volumes to the credibility of the content, IMO. Podesta has all but said everything released from his e-mails is legit.

BigBamboula
Gold Supporter

Postby BigBamboula » Mon Dec 12, 2016

President-Elect Trump was talking about the illegally erased emails from Hillary's server, remember? They used BleachBit. :shh:

The server that was in Hillary's basement, the purpose of which was to circumvent FISA, or any other sort of discovery.

That server had been off line, the hard drives in a drawer, for more than a year.

It was a purposefully absurd statement.

One of a multitude, with which Crooked Hillary was trolled into oblivion.

jcz1 wrote:I was reminded today, and I'm sure someone can post a link to the video if they wish, that Trump specifically asked Russia to hack and publish Clinton's emails.

Asked about it now, he would probably say he was joking, or maybe it was a euphenism (another Trump word soon to appear in a dictionary near you, along with bigly).
Last edited by BigBamboula on Mon Dec 12, 2016, edited 3 times in total.
"As sure as God made black and white,
what's done in the dark will be brought to the light."

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Mon Dec 12, 2016

jcz1 wrote:I was reminded today, and I'm sure someone can post a link to the video if they wish, that Trump specifically asked Russia to hack and publish Clinton's emails.

If this speech is the one your talking about then I took it as a joke. Most mainstream media outlets tried to spin it as a request to Russia.

Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

dru708

Postby dru708 » Mon Dec 12, 2016

joefro wrote:

dru708 wrote:
As far as those emails I put them in with gossip & rumor. And give the same amount of credibility.

Again, the fact that democrats have been silent about the content of what was exposed, but very vocal about the source of the leaks speaks volumes to the credibility of the content, IMO. Podesta has all but said everything released from his e-mails is legit.

Yea that would be me.

I simply don't care about Clinton or her email. Either charge her with a crime or let's move on.

Has no one else been on an Internet message board that was hacked???

Consider a theoretical for a moment. Person X joins BS. Hacks into Person Y's private messages and posts them in public. Either here or RC or Doc Silvers or ?. The pm's are quite harsh on a personal level.

While I might be disappointed by Person Y's conversation, I'd be livid at Person X cause that would threaten us all.

Am I disappointed by Clintons emails? Good Lord no. Only a political noob would be surprised. Whoever hacked in is a threat.
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.

dru708

Postby dru708 » Mon Dec 12, 2016

:lol:

By all means start a new topic on the things you believe to be important or interesting!

I officially grant you permission...

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Mon Dec 12, 2016

Not to interrupt the spin doctors, but I'm still unclear on the facts. What, exactly, is the claim? Did Russia hack into the system and electronically "stuff the ballot box" from the Kremlin? Or did the KGB manipulate all US social networks and media with "fake news" and "influence the election" in that way? Or what, specifically? I apologize if this is common knowledge. I still haven't found a reliable news source that doesn't have an agenda.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Image Image Image

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Mon Dec 12, 2016

tractorman wrote:Not to interrupt the spin doctors, but I'm still unclear on the facts. What, exactly, is the claim? Did Russia hack into the system and electronically "stuff the ballot box" from the Kremlin? Or did the KGB manipulate all US social networks and media with "fake news" and "influence the election" in that way? Or what, specifically? I apologize if this is common knowledge. I still haven't found a reliable news source that doesn't have an agenda.

There are no specifics yet. The CIA has however confirmed that Russia devoted attention to bolstering Trump. An official report is due before the inauguration. The CIA has also found that Russia is doing a similar effort to influence the upcoming German election.

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Mon Dec 12, 2016

Walkabout wrote:
tractorman wrote:Not to interrupt the spin doctors, but I'm still unclear on the facts. What, exactly, is the claim? Did Russia hack into the system and electronically "stuff the ballot box" from the Kremlin? Or did the KGB manipulate all US social networks and media with "fake news" and "influence the election" in that way? Or what, specifically? I apologize if this is common knowledge. I still haven't found a reliable news source that doesn't have an agenda.

There are no specifics yet. The CIA has however confirmed that Russia devoted attention to bolstering Trump. An official report is due before the inauguration. The CIA has also found that Russia is doing a similar effort to influence the upcoming German election.

Thank you so much for the straightforward response!

Sounds like the claim was painted with a huge broad stroke ... and no one has any idea yet.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Charles Bukowski

Image Image Image

dru708

Postby dru708 » Tue Dec 13, 2016

Back in Oct the national security agencies were in agreement that Russia was digitally interfering in the election process.

The most recent release was that most, but not all, national security agencies believed that Russia not only interfered but deliberately tried to get Trump elected.

The first is pretty much a done deal. The second is where there is disagreement among the agencies.

Far as I know there are no detailed statements on exactly what the Russians were doing.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Dec 13, 2016

John McCain, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan all back the investigation (i don't even like these guys). Those guys aren't liberals, democrats, or lefties. Sometimes you have to put your country ahead of ego, we're all Americans. Find out who did what and over what period of time. Companies like Google/Apple/FB do not erase data. All of it is stored and mined. The gov't on the other hand has a retention policy.

The problem is we aren't clear on facts because all the attention is on the content and not the hack. I would seriously like to know how long they've been trying to breach, what they were able to breach, where they've searched, what other places they've accessed. You have to follow the cookie crumbs. The gov't has resources like palantir to sift through and make use of large amounts of inter-related data.

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Tue Dec 13, 2016

Thanks guys, I got it. Nobody knows. Influenced the election ... until we find out exactly what that means, its all just noise.

Image Image Image

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Dec 13, 2016

tractorman wrote:Thanks guys, I got it. Nobody knows. Influenced the election ... until we find out exactly what that means, its all just noise.

Sort of. 100% the election was influenced because of those e-mails and leaks. The 'who' is noise. The 'what' is the content that is reality, which affected the outcome our political process since the content was used heavily.

Whether its Russia or someone else is the only question.

Maybe it was the mexicans!

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Tue Dec 13, 2016

Surprised the USA doesn't do this kind of interference in other Countries elections :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image ImageImage

dru708

Postby dru708 » Tue Dec 13, 2016

“Nothing in the RNC emails was as bad as what Trump was saying out loud.” –@StephenAtHome on why Russia didn’t release RNC emails #LSSC

Stephen Colbert

It's a JOKE

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Tue Dec 13, 2016

silverpv wrote:
tractorman wrote:Thanks guys, I got it. Nobody knows. Influenced the election ... until we find out exactly what that means, its all just noise.

Sort of. 100% the election was influenced because of those e-mails and leaks. The 'who' is noise. The 'what' is the content that is reality, which affected the outcome our political process since the content was used heavily.

Could have been the Israelis, Jehovah knows, they owe us one.

Jerusalem, Israel — February 1, 2015 … Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s ruling Likud Party exposed a US related political marketing organization staffed with former Obama campaigners now working to defeat Netanyahu in an upcoming general election.

During a press conference Sunday, the Likud Party officially accused V15 and other related nonprofits of being supported “through millions of dollars funneled from Europe, the US and the New Israel Fund and international factors interested in bringing down Prime Minister Netanyahu” who think “that all means are appropriate.”

http://israelnewsagency.com/obama-seeking-netanyahu-defeat-sends-campaign-elections-team-israel/
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Dec 13, 2016

Long John wrote:It's interesting that the top Republicans, McConnell, Ryan, McCain, even Trump's vice president, and the CIA are saying the evidence points to Russia trying to manipulate the election."

The problem is obvious: the top Republicans, McConnell, Ryan, McCain. They were and continue to be the problem. CIA is still a political agency and it isn't Trump's party just yet. Most of Trump's supporters despise McConnell and Ryan.

jcz1 wrote:I was reminded today, and I'm sure someone can post a link to the video if they wish, that Trump specifically asked Russia to hack and publish Clinton's emails./quote]

The only people that failed to see the humor in Trump's statement were either the "mainstream media (drive-by media) OR people who live in: NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA/SF, and the Beltway. These "sanctuaries" are notorious for being hotbeds of liberalism, and the humorless and soullessness outlook of the liberal ideology. The crime rates are notorious too.

I hope that Trump does 4 things in his 1st 100 days. 1) Break the spirit of Ryan/McConnell. That shouldn't be hard. 2) Forgot about any thoughts of bi-partisanism. Trump won, so bring his name picks from the business/military communities and keep the professional politicians to a bare minimum. No need to "reach across the aisle" (yuck - a very scary thought). 3) Fast-break his strong-man policies, making the liberal leadership looking even more weak, impotent, and unable to respond. It is really refreshing to hear China spouting off daily about what a "meanie" Mr. Trump is.

Item #4 - Trump should continue to torment the mainstream media. They will never cut him a fair break, so he might as well continue to use his Twitter account. I hope he goes after Bezo's/Amazon/WaPo on anti-trust. WaPo and CNN are the biggest liars in the media.

Remember this: The job of a journalist ISN'T to discover the truth, it is to follow the story and "make it fit" (interesting) to the widest range of readers/viewers. That sells ads so the advertisers can market junk to the readers and viewers they really don't need.

I'd really like to see Rush Limbaugh as head of the FCC.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Tue Dec 13, 2016

silverpv wrote:

Is that all there is to this newest "Russian hacking" media blast? We all know that the emails being exposed influenced the election. The rebuttal is to attack the messenger? I'm going to need more than that.

Image Image Image

Return to “Polling Place”