Russian hacking?

Please put all polls here.

Did Russia directly &/or indirectly hack the 2016 election process?

Yes
16
33%
No
33
67%
 
Total votes: 49

User avatar
Tractor Man
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Out standing in my field.

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Tractor Man » Sat Dec 17, 2016

Engineer wrote:RT reports Putin was personally involved in DNC hacking.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/370613-revealed-putin-personally-hacked-dnc/


Very good read. I think that hits the nail squarely. All of the Russian hacking coverage is just ineffectual noise, but will be over soon.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. - Charles Bukowski

Image Image Image

User avatar
Tractor Man
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Out standing in my field.

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Tractor Man » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Image
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. - Charles Bukowski

Image Image Image

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby silverpv » Mon Dec 19, 2016

*sigh* the news is doing exactly what it did with Hillary by overly bombarding people with the same thing over and over. Sometimes I wonder if the media want Trump to be President because there's just so much self sabotage. All this B.S. about stuff not being reported is such a crock. Everything is reported practically 24 hrs a day. I wish they would just shut up about it for a little bit and wait.

btw. the news is not the one investigating the hack and it takes time. This constant back story and all this other crap to fill in timeslots to talk about stories around it is such crap and its not even relevant.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 2007
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Being reported doesn't mean a thing if the item is buried and the message never gets out.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

User avatar
Long John
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3066
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016
Location: Northeast

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Long John » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Well, about a third of those voting in the poll believe Russians hacked the election process, though most aren't saying anything. That's more than I expected, since I read it as meaning "hacked the ballot count" and so I voted no. That's a bit too far-fetched a conspiracy for me. I lean more toward the CIA's account (and the CIA knows all about this stuff, since they do it in other countries) which was confirmed by NSA and FBI. The Russians hacked the DNC's email server and through an intermediary put the contents on WikiLeaks. The social media blast of fake stories? Well, maybe the Democrats didn't do as good a job of countering those with fake stories about Trump. That has fully matured as a campaign weapon in 2016, though the Dems, as usual, realized it too late. 2020 should be a doozy in the fake-story department. Can hardly wait. :?

I believe Putin tried to influence how Americans voted, yes. Just as we do in certain countries every chance we get, when our interests are at stake. Did he succeed? Who knows if it made a difference, but the end result was a windfall for Russia. They think.

Putin's main interest is not being cozy with Trump. He wants to destabilize the US abroad and push us off the world stage. I'm concerned that he's not done yet. I think Trump had to praise Putin and promise to lift US sanctions because he believed it could help him win. But now what? The US-Russia relationship will be interesting to watch, and we should all be concerned about Putin's intentions.

User avatar
Double3
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1537
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011
Location: Ohio

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Double3 » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Well this goes better in this thread. I couldn't find it.

Image

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby silverpv » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Double3, the gov't hasn't announced anything. Just because you don't know, doesn't mean they haven't found anything.

Just give it some time. Even if they don't announce the techniques or results. We're better off from another penetration.

User avatar
Engineer
Pirate Jester
Posts: 6522
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Engineer » Mon Dec 19, 2016

silverpv wrote:Double3, the gov't hasn't announced anything. Just because you don't know, doesn't mean they haven't found anything.

Just give it some time. Even if they don't announce the techniques or results. We're better off from another penetration.


The government has announced a theory that it was a conspiracy, backed by the spy agency which coined the term "conspiracy theory" as a way to discredit those who question lies told by the government.

:pop:
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby silverpv » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Engineer wrote:
silverpv wrote:Double3, the gov't hasn't announced anything. Just because you don't know, doesn't mean they haven't found anything.

Just give it some time. Even if they don't announce the techniques or results. We're better off from another penetration.


The government has announced a theory that it was a conspiracy, backed by the spy agency which coined the term "conspiracy theory" as a way to discredit those who question lies told by the government.

:pop:


If it was conspiracy theory and we were never really hacked. Then that would make the premise of Clintons e-mail server security irrelevant and a major theme of the argument against Clinton was a fraud. If you recall, the e-mail 'scandal' was that it threatened national security.

The problem is when lies are so abundant you don't know what truth is anymore. Especially for those who don't care to read beyond what they want to believe is true and verify it. Doing the same thing over and over until you come to a different conclusion is the m.o of the GOP. Technology is very 1 and 0, and very trackable. The more time goes on though, the more difficult it becomes to trace as it gets drowned by more data.

User avatar
Engineer
Pirate Jester
Posts: 6522
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Engineer » Mon Dec 19, 2016

silverpv wrote:
Engineer wrote:
silverpv wrote:Double3, the gov't hasn't announced anything. Just because you don't know, doesn't mean they haven't found anything.

Just give it some time. Even if they don't announce the techniques or results. We're better off from another penetration.


The government has announced a theory that it was a conspiracy, backed by the spy agency which coined the term "conspiracy theory" as a way to discredit those who question lies told by the government.

:pop:


If it was conspiracy theory and we were never really hacked. Then that would make the premise of Clintons e-mail server security irrelevant and a major theme of the argument of why Clinton was a fraud. If you recall, the e-mail 'scandal' was that it threatened national security.

The problem is when lies are so abundant you don't know what truth is anymore. Especially for those who don't care to read beyond what they want to believe is true and verify it. Doing the same thing over and over until you come to a different conclusion is the m.o of the GOP. Technology is very 1 and 0, and very trackable. The more time goes on though, the more difficult it becomes to trace as it gets drowned by more data.


There are two competing theories for the DNC leak/hack.

The first is a Bernie supporting insider leaked info after the DNC cheated him in the primaries.
The second is the Russians hacked the DNC to help them deliver on promises of transparency.

The first isn't any good for smearing Trump, so it's of no interest to the MSM or globalists. The second will be spoon fed to useful idiots in the hopes of swaying public opinion against nationalism.

Take your pick of which theory you prefer...but be honest with yourself that you'll never KNOW which one (if either) is true, you'll only know what you've been told by the government and media, both of which are full of sh*t.
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

User avatar
dru708
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013
Location: Athens of Indiana

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby dru708 » Mon Dec 19, 2016

I really don't think Trump needs any help in looking bad. He opens his mouth and stupid falls out.
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.

User avatar
Engineer
Pirate Jester
Posts: 6522
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Engineer » Mon Dec 19, 2016

dru708 wrote:I really don't think Trump needs any help in looking bad. He opens his mouth and stupid falls out.


Would you like a coloring book? :pop:
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14091
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Dec 19, 2016

dru708 wrote:I really don't think Trump needs any help in looking bad. He opens his mouth and stupid falls out.


I really don't think Hillary needs any help in looking bad. She opens her mouth and disgusting lies falls out.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
dru708
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013
Location: Athens of Indiana

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby dru708 » Mon Dec 19, 2016

MaxGravy wrote:
dru708 wrote:I really don't think Trump needs any help in looking bad. He opens his mouth and stupid falls out.


I really don't think Hillary needs any help in looking bad. She opens her mouth and disgusting lies falls out.


Very true, but y'all seem to be the only ones who care anymore. Trump won - let's move along ;)
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.

Baggerman
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Oregon

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Baggerman » Mon Dec 19, 2016

silverpv wrote: The problem is when lies are so abundant you don't know what truth is anymore. Especially for those who don't care to read beyond what they want to believe is true and verify it. Doing the same thing over and over until you come to a different conclusion is the m.o of the GOP.


The m.o of the GOP? You mean like the left constantly playing the race card or calling conservatives homopfobes or islamaphobes over and over and over, Especially the last 8 years? Seems like every time someone does not agree with the left on anything they are a racist or bigot or you name it but when the left doesn't agree they riot. I have been told I am a racist a number of times because I oppose the policies of the left and I have been married to a brown lady for 40 years. It is time for the snowflakes to accept that they lost, after all I once heard that elections have consequences. Now if only all the liberal that said they would move out of the country if Trump one would do so. :clap:
I carry a gun because I am to young to die and to old to take an azz whooping.
Get 1% rebate on Ebay bullion http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=439461

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14091
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Dec 19, 2016

I agree. Trump won. Let's move along. So why in the hell do you keep posting inflammatory crapo like this?

dru708 wrote:I really don't think Trump needs any help in looking bad. He opens his mouth and stupid falls out.


Everything I've heard him say makes a helluva lot of sense and will put this country back on the right course.

Everything I've heard the oppressive leftist state media report about him is twisted lies and spin with a very clear motive.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby silverpv » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Engineer wrote:There are two competing theories for the DNC leak/hack.

The first is a Bernie supporting insider leaked info after the DNC cheated him in the primaries.
The second is the Russians hacked the DNC to help them deliver on promises of transparency.

The first isn't any good for smearing Trump, so it's of no interest to the MSM or globalists. The second will be spoon fed to useful idiots in the hopes of swaying public opinion against nationalism.

Take your pick of which theory you prefer...but be honest with yourself that you'll never KNOW which one (if either) is true, you'll only know what you've been told by the government and media, both of which are full of sh*t.


I'll be honest, I see things happening that you don't, due my line of work. Regardless of which it is, and both are very serious lead to very different outcomes. The only idiots are the ones who believe Trump will actually change things for the forgotten man, when he really doesn't give a crap. What people like yourself don't realize or fail to recognize is that policy changes are in place but the difference between 1 and 2 require very different changes to be made. I've explained this a couple of times but I guess some don't understand. While you don't see change or it isn't reported, there is definitely change happening. Which is why i said and keep saying let the investigation continue regardless of the outcome. We do know 1 is true because the data was presented and affected the election. It might not have been Russia, but an intrusion which we need to fix.

If it is #1, then all the crap fed to you by the right wing campaign was full of sh*t, don't you get it? They played Trump voters as chumps if Clinton's server was never really vulnerable, the media just used disdain for Clinton as a weapon. All the FBI investigations, 'JAIL Hillary' was all crap. Someone with proper access took the information they legally had access to and leaked it. Similar to Edward Snowden (which even trump has called Snowden a traitor).

#2 the stuff the Trumpsters believed is true and systems were compromised. She lost the election because of the information exposed. Data breach, security guidelines need to be updated, which is actively happening but the extent needs to be known.

You don't have to worry about nationalism. Trump is doing that already and at the expense of the US position in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tate-media

silverpv
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1148
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby silverpv » Mon Dec 19, 2016

Baggerman wrote:
silverpv wrote: The problem is when lies are so abundant you don't know what truth is anymore. Especially for those who don't care to read beyond what they want to believe is true and verify it. Doing the same thing over and over until you come to a different conclusion is the m.o of the GOP.


The m.o of the GOP? You mean like the left constantly playing the race card or calling conservatives homopfobes or islamaphobes over and over and over, Especially the last 8 years? Seems like every time someone does not agree with the left on anything they are a racist or bigot or you name it but when the left doesn't agree they riot. I have been told I am a racist a number of times because I oppose the policies of the left and I have been married to a brown lady for 40 years. It is time for the snowflakes to accept that they lost, after all I once heard that elections have consequences. Now if only all the liberal that said they would move out of the country if Trump one would do so. :clap:


Do you recall the sequester? How many times has obamacare been taken to court or votes for repeal vs modification? The birther conspiracy? benghazi trials? The list goes on and on when they were proven innocent or case dismissed, it was brought back to committee.

When did I mentioned anything about racism directed toward you or the race card? Is Trump anti-establishment or just another part of the GOP? Don't you think its ironic, you complain about using labels then call them snowflakes? This is not about won/lost. It is about data integrity and security of national assets.

If it makes you feel better. I'm sorry someone called you a racist. I'm not talking about personal cases, I'm actually talking about congress, the representatives, the swamp you guys voted to 'drain'.

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 14091
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: Texas!

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby MaxGravy » Mon Dec 19, 2016

silverpv wrote:I'll be honest, I see things happening that you don't, due my line of work. Regardless of which it is, and both are very serious lead to very different outcomes. The only idiots are the ones who believe Trump will actually change things for the forgotten man, when he really doesn't give a crap. What people like yourself don't realize or fail to recognize is that policy changes are in place but the difference between 1 and 2 require very different changes to be made. I've explained this a couple of times but I guess some don't understand. While you don't see change or it isn't reported, there is definitely change happening. Which is why i said and keep saying let the investigation continue regardless of the outcome. We do know 1 is true because the data was presented and affected the election. It might not have been Russia, but an intrusion which we need to fix.

If it is #1, then all the crap fed to you by the right wing campaign was full of sh*t, don't you get it? They played Trump voters as chumps if Clinton's server was never really vulnerable, the media just used disdain for Clinton as a weapon. All the FBI investigations, 'JAIL Hillary' was all crap. Someone with proper access took the information they legally had access to and leaked it. Similar to Edward Snowden (which even trump has called Snowden a traitor).

#2 the stuff the Trumpsters believed is true and systems were compromised. She lost the election because of the information exposed. Data breach, security guidelines need to be updated, which is actively happening but the extent needs to be known.

You don't have to worry about nationalism. Trump is doing that already and at the expense of the US position in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tate-media



My first though is: Whenever someone starts a sentence with, "I'll be honest," that's the last thing I expect to hear.

Second, explaining your opinions does not make them fact.

And finally you're calling me an idiot for believing Trump in the post right above yours? Fluff you. See ya in a week. :wave:
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

User avatar
dru708
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013
Location: Athens of Indiana

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby dru708 » Mon Dec 19, 2016

MaxGravy wrote:I agree. Trump won. Let's move along. So why in the hell do you keep posting inflammatory crapo like this?

dru708 wrote:I really don't think Trump needs any help in looking bad. He opens his mouth and stupid falls out.


Everything I've heard him say makes a helluva lot of sense and will put this country back on the right course.

Everything I've heard the oppressive leftist state media report about him is twisted lies and spin with a very clear motive.


I honestly am not trying to inflame. I simply don't trust Trump.

I don't really care what the radical left/right does or doesn't do.

I digest news sources and come to my own opinion of what's going on. And then share that opinion with a small group of online friends who also stack metals and enjoy discussing politics.

Not trying to make a speech or get on a soapbox or even change anyone's mind. I just like hearing different personal opinions.
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.


Return to “Polling Place”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest