Russian hacking?

Please put all polls here.

Did Russia directly &/or indirectly hack the 2016 election process?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 49

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Re: Russian hacking?

Postby Bucketeer » Tue Dec 13, 2016

They probably held their noses when they voted in Janesville.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Tue Dec 13, 2016

CaptainW wrote:Sadly, sometimes those theories are influenced by personal or political agendas.

Back in 2002-2003, the Bush White House had a pretty clear predisposition that Iraq possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs).

Miraculously, the intelligence reports conformed to that narrative.

And America went to war based on an “unassailable conclusion” from the intelligence community that Iraq had WMDs.

The facts were largely bogus, circumstantial at best. But this became the rallying cry behind every politician and media outlet’s patriotic bloodlust.

How quickly they all forget.

So the first thing to point out here is that the DNC (and potentially the people who were administering Hillary’s private email server) weren’t maintaining the latest security patches and updates on their systems.

Someone at the DNC clicked on a malicious web link that installed the malware, and it didn’t self-terminate because they weren’t bothering to use advanced security software.

Duh.

This is a simple competence issue, and I’m surprised it never came up in the news.

More importantly, Cozy Bear was used against the DNC as far back as summer 2015... as in just before, or right after, Donald Trump entered the race.

So it’s hard for me to believe that Vladimir Putin was actively hacking the DNC to support a candidate that had barely (or not even yet) materialized.

Most importantly, just because cybersecurity experts detected Cozy Bear and Fancy Bear doesn’t mean that the Russians were behind the attacks.

These assertions aren’t based on concrete facts; they’re just speculating that Colonel Mustard did it in the library with the candlestick.

(Apologies to our readers who are too young to have played Clue.)

But facts (or lack of facts) don’t matter.

I don't think I've misinterpreted facts. But I'll say this. Back in 2002-2003 the many of the same people who voted bush voted Trump. There was a HUGE anti-war movement at the time where 'conservatives' and republicans constantly said it was 'un-american', 'unpatriotic', 'you're not supporting the troops', 'you're either with us or against us', 'change french fries to freedom fries'. So the same people scream liberals dems traitors blah blah, are the same ones saying the same thing now. It's really more than that now. Republicans don't like republicans, Dems didn't like Clinton as much. We're all in this limbo state where everyone's ideology is munged up.

Also, you got the phishing part correct but the malware is incorrect. The malware didn't execute/infect on the server or ALL accounts would've been exposed, including hillary's, no e-mails would've been deleted they would be archived somewhere else. The malware hit a client computer. The server itself had no evidence of actual intrusion, mainly intrusion attempts. Which are two separate types of attacks. A client is an outside laptop/computer that connects to the server. The problem with the assertion is that FBI did double talk. In the first sentence, "there's no evidence of intrusion or leak from the personal server", "however, we are 99% certain there was intrusion" wait, what? If it was a password/login okay. But that is NOT the same as the severity of the entire server being compromised. For instance, a virus or malware application can sit on BullionStacker servers as an uploaded file attachment, and you guys can download it and once you open it get infected. But BullionStacker itself is not compromised, it is an agent of distribution but not exposing its own contents on the server. The question I am asking, is who uploaded the file.

There's also a lot of ransomware out there now made by the russians, which has hit hospitals and other municipal services. It's currently under the name of osiris. How do we know? It's in the friggin code. lol

Facts do matter. The problem is when people stop searching for facts because the they got what they wanted. I will wait to see what the investigation shows. But I can say that with the appointment of Rex Tillerson, He's definitely friendly with Putin and the Russians. Where we know Clinton would've likely kept sanctions, there's now a likelyhood the economic sanctions will be lifted. Boom immediate benefit Russia. It really is a game of clue.

Double3
Gold Supporter

Postby Double3 » Wed Dec 14, 2016

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Dec 14, 2016

Double3 wrote:This just in....

Anyone who says fake stories are floating around the internet, they just don't want to acknowledge the truth.

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Wed Dec 14, 2016

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Dec 14, 2016

State of Georgia hacked by the Department of Homeland Security?
http://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional ... 9dcHlF1PP/

skylersfriend
Turtle Jester

Postby skylersfriend » Wed Dec 14, 2016

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-British ambassador who is now a WikiLeaks operative claims Russia did NOT provide Clinton emails - they were handed over to him at a D.C. park by an intermediary for 'disgusted' Democratic whistleblowers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4SreTIsKc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Don't think of me as a cynic; I am an optimist with experience!

“In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.” Winston Churchill

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Fri Dec 16, 2016

Wake up and smell the coffee. Cyberspace is the new battleground. Nuff said.

I'm just gonna leave this here... stuxnet

Russia now calling US's bluff. Put up or shut up Russia says. Thing is, the US may not be able to for security reasons OR because it would expose the US's own wrongdoings. We are being left in the dark because this is some high level $#!7. These are the big boys at play with the big guns on war's new frontier.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri Dec 16, 2016

Walkabout wrote:Wake up and smell the coffee. Cyberspace is the new battleground. Nuff said.

Why that son of mine (aka Bluejuice) is going into Cyber security. He'll have better paying work than I ever had so long as there is electricity. Ahhh, coffee . . . BRB.

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Fri Dec 16, 2016

Walkabout wrote:Wake up and smell the coffee. Cyberspace is the new battleground. Nuff said.

Russia now calling US's bluff. Put up or shut up Russia says. Thing is, the US may not be able to for security reasons OR because it would expose the US's own wrongdoings. We are being left in the dark because this is some high level $#!7. These are the big boys at play with the big guns on war's new frontier.

The CIA responded...

http://www.dailysquat.com/putin-bought-hacking-dummies-months-ago-according-cia-hacking-operation/

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Fri Dec 16, 2016

Engineer wrote:

The CIA responded...

http://www.dailysquat.com/putin-bought-hacking-dummies-months-ago-according-cia-hacking-operation/

Looks like a Fox news source.. lol

BigJim#1-8

Postby BigJim#1-8 » Fri Dec 16, 2016

This whole conversation is laughable. If Russia hacked & manipulated the election to weaken America the beast Clinton would have won in a landslide.

Remember, the snowflakes need to have something/someone to blame, they can't be honest with anyone, especially themselves.

Responsibility & accountability aren't in the lib/soc/prog vocabulary.
Bitter Clinger, Deplorable & Proud of it.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Fri Dec 16, 2016

BigJim#1-8 wrote:Remember, the snowflakes need to have something/someone to blame

We also need to always be called SPECIAL snowflakes, otherwise our feelings get hurt.
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Fri Dec 16, 2016

jcz1 wrote:
BigJim#1-8 wrote:Remember, the snowflakes need to have something/someone to blame

We also need to always be called SPECIAL snowflakes, otherwise our feelings get hurt.

We could ask randy to create a new user group. :thumbup:

BigJim#1-8

Postby BigJim#1-8 » Fri Dec 16, 2016

jcz1 wrote:

That's a big part of the problem, they think they're special & they're not.
Bitter Clinger, Deplorable & Proud of it.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Fri Dec 16, 2016

I can't top that!

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Fri Dec 16, 2016

Engineer wrote:
jcz1 wrote:

We could ask randy to create a new user group. :thumbup:

It already exists.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

Tractor Man
Gold Supporter

Postby Tractor Man » Fri Dec 16, 2016

BigJim#1-8 wrote:
jcz1 wrote:

That's a big part of the problem, they think they're special & they're not.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. - Charles Bukowski

Image Image Image

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016

Here's some hacking done by a Russian, but likely not by/for the Russian Gov't, since he is selling the login creds. This one hit the US Election Assistance Commission, which certified voting machines:

https://www.cnet.com/news/us-election-a ... d-russian/
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Sat Dec 17, 2016

RT reports Putin was personally involved in DNC hacking.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/370613-revealed-putin-personally-hacked-dnc/

Return to “Polling Place”