Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Please put all polls here.

Will Trump start and finish the wall along the southern border within his 4 years in office?

Yes
34%
No
62%
Only if he gets a second term
4%

Total votes: 97

wolvesdad

Re: Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Postby wolvesdad » Fri Nov 11, 2016

AirTractor wrote:Pretty sure it was a metaphorical wall the whole time. He wants to enforce the laws we have now a back the border patrol 100%. That alone would be a big change.

That is your implied meaning.

The way he kept saying it, using the words he used, he was clearly speaking of a physical wall.
Do you STEEMIT yet? Get paid to Blog and chat: www.steemit.com/@em3
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff
;) https://youtu.be/4qtWLWogfGU :thumbup:

wolvesdad

Postby wolvesdad » Fri Nov 11, 2016

blackrabbit wrote:Forget a wall. Why not jut arrest and seize the businesses of those criminals who employ the illegal immigrants and undercut the businesses that actually follow the law? That kind of program would pay for itself and all the illegals would stop coming here with no prospects for employment.

Oh yeah, those business owners have power so lets just go after the powerless and let the powerful criminals get off the hook................somehow I don't think this is going to work.

You answered your own question/statement. There are powerful business and government interests that will prevent any change in immigration policy until the politicians and political parties are completely switched out/done away with. Every talk, on both party sides, has been smoke. I have yet to hear either mainstream submit one 'potentially' effective solution.
Do you STEEMIT yet? Get paid to Blog and chat: www.steemit.com/@em3
If you like YouTube: e=m3 Making Metal Mine for my take on Silver and coin investing, plus a little humor and random numi stuff
;) https://youtu.be/4qtWLWogfGU :thumbup:

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Fri Nov 11, 2016

No Great Wall of America... campaign rhetoric.. it worked.

But our neighbors are already beginning countermeasures just in case...

"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Fri Nov 11, 2016

There will be a token increase in border security. More agents on duty. Maybe some chain link fence. Trump can instruct state and local law enforcement to detain illegal immigrants they discover in the course of investigating other crimes and turn them over to federal agents.

There will not be a grand border wall, and Mexico certainly won't pay for it.

George W. Bush swore up and down that he would build a wall too. Where is it?

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Fri Nov 11, 2016

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Nov 13, 2016

Very interesting that the community thus far believes that the Trump wall won't be built & finished. Too expensive? The Chinese built a much bigger wall thousands of years ago. With our technology thousands of years advanced we can't afford... a wall? I beg to differ. We put a man on the moon in the 60's but can't build a big wall more than forty years later? Interesting.

Private land objection? So businesses (coupled with local governments) can use eminent domain laws to make homeowners sell but the federal government can't use these same laws for legitimate national security reasons? Interesting. And I doubt anybody would have to move their houses (perhaps give up a bit of land though), unless somehow there are physical houses along the actual border - and if so, how did that ever get approved in the first place?

Trump isn't a typical politician. The wall was his biggest campaign promise but now that he is elected he is going to go back on that? Why would he? To all of a sudden make peace with the MSM and liberals that made fun of him for the last 18 months? Doubtful.

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Sun Nov 13, 2016

It's hard to guess how a guy with no political experience is going to handle the DC, inside the beltway culture. I suspect Trump will chafe at all the bureaucracy it takes to get things done. However, If there's one thing we know for sure about Trump, it's that he likes to build stuff. Whoever he nominates for DHS, AG and Interior Secretary will be 100% on board with the wall plan. There will be a wall in the most frequented crossing points along with some kind of monitoring/alarm/patrol setup in the more remote areas. I suspect it will look much like the setup the Israelis have along the West Bank.

I don't think there were many people who really thought Trump had a chance at winning the election. I was one of them. I will not underestimate him again. For now, he gets the benefit of the doubt.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Sun Nov 13, 2016

The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Sun Nov 13, 2016

Mr. Obama promised the world too, until he got elected. I have a feeling we have been
duped again by our political process. Time will tell. :kitty:
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Sun Nov 13, 2016

agnostic wrote:Mr. Obama promised the world too, until he got elected. I have a feeling we have been

Age difference may play a role. Obama was (is) young and hungry for power. Trump is at the cranky old man age where fulfilling a legacy becomes the prime objective.

It'll be interesting to watch.
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

dru708

Postby dru708 » Sun Nov 13, 2016

agnostic wrote:Mr. Obama promised the world too, until he got elected. I have a feeling we have been

True. Remember back when he was gonna take everyone's guns away? lol
Rich man's war. Poor man's fight.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Sun Nov 13, 2016

He should be able to finish it. It's only a 90 min album.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sun Nov 13, 2016

fredzoyt wrote:He should be able to finish it. It's only a 90 min album.

:lol: I've never listened to the whole thing in one sitting, either. And Donald's attention span is even shorter than mine, so I have my doubts.

Interesting that on a site with so many Trump fans, we think the wall was just talk, by more than a 2-1 margin. I am very surprised.

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Sun Nov 13, 2016

I think he will build a wall, but not a physical wall for the entire length of the border. He will probably build the wall in the places it is needed the most, use new technology for sections and hire/recruit more border agents and properly fund them for others. Either way I think it would still be considered a promise met.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Nov 13, 2016

Engineer wrote:Image

Thank you - that couldn't have been better said. And yes, Mexico will pay for the wall, directly or indirectly.

It's time to give all these countries that export "duty-free" into the US a taste of their own medicine.

All we need to do is charge them whatever tariff they charge the US as an import tax for non-farm items. If Japan charges us 12%, we charge Japan 12%, and the same thing to China, Mexico, and just about everybody else.

Hey, that's "fair and balanced", just like Fox!
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Sun Nov 13, 2016

Super Stacker PCB wrote:I think he will build a wall, but not a physical wall for the entire length of the border. He will probably build the wall in the places it is needed the most, use new technology for sections and hire/recruit more border agents and properly fund them for others. Either way I think it would still be considered a promise met.

This, plus he was speaking in terms of actually following correct operational procedure when illegals are caught.

From my understanding, Obama's done some shady & slimy stuff in how it's been handled during his administration. There's a reason why the border patrol, as a whole, is behind Trump: They were being hindered at the federal level in doing their jobs the way they should have been doing, i.e., according to law, all along.

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Nov 14, 2016

Hmmm......USA Today isn't exactly known as a "conservative newspaper", and their story is that Trump can pretty much do what he wants in the name of National Security regarding immigration.

The cost of the wall might need congressional approval for funding, but given the mandate that Trump received, it might be hard to vote against it in most areas of the country.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/11/14/president-elect-donald-trump-immigration-plan/93584804/

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Nov 14, 2016

Super Stacker PCB wrote:I think he will build a wall, but not a physical wall for the entire length of the border. He will probably build the wall in the places it is needed the most, use new technology for sections and hire/recruit more border agents and properly fund them for others. Either way I think it would still be considered a promise met.

Here is the problem with this "solution". One day soon, be it 4 years, 8 years or more, a bleeding heart liberal is going to be back in the White House. If the wall isn't there, and we only have fencing in many parts along the border, a President and Congress can de-fund or highly reduce border patrol agents and then the gaps will still exist leaving significant vulnerabilities in the security on the southern border - and the coyotes will exploit these locations. And then we will be back in this exact same position. Just build the whole wall and get it over with. Anyone who thinks that a chain link fence and a 10-12 foot high wall are basically the same thing isn't much of an outdoors-man.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016

tomfernandez wrote:... but given the mandate that Trump received...

If you lose the popular vote, I don't think you can claim a "mandate."
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Mon Nov 14, 2016

The "mandate" comes from the author of the USA Today article, quoting Paul Ryan

Return to “Polling Place”