Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Please put all polls here.

Will Trump start and finish the wall along the southern border within his 4 years in office?

Yes
28%
No
61%
Only if he gets a second term
10%

Total votes: 127

300Braveheart

Re: Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Postby 300Braveheart » Sun Dec 10, 2017

BotanicusRex wrote:
300Braveheart wrote:He'll do it when he puts Hillary in jail.

Which one won't come first?

Probably the Hillary one, since he said the Clinton's are "good people" and he doesn't want to hurt them.
ImageImage
Get $175 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MPWZN4G2U2

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Mon Dec 11, 2017

oktyabyr wrote:I hate to break it to you, but there are small children, elderly, and pregnant women currently crossing the 30+ foot wall that already exists on the border. They scale the wall. It doesn’t stop them. It barely slows them down.

Believe me, I’m all against illegal immigration, and I believe they should all be looking over their shoulders while immigration tracks every last one of them down and ships them back to their home country. But unfortunately a wall is not the best option for that. Employers need to be punished, fined, jailed, businesses seized. If you eliminate the the motivation, then the majority will not come any longer. More personnel along the border to secure it and catch those trying to enter.

Here is what you aren't comprehending. From a security perspective, having a concrete 30 foot wall across the entire border makes enforcement 1,000 times easier. When there are gaps, holes, weak walls, easy tunnels, etc it makes enforcement very manpower intensive. If you had a wall, 30 feet tall, that was at least 3 feet wide on top for men to stand atop, a budget of $50 million a year, and a loose set of "rules of engagement" (meaning I can fire at least rubber bullets at illegals and cut down their ropes regardless of if a person is on it or not), I could take a trained unit of 3,000 men and bring illegal crossings to near zero. That is all it would take. 3,000 men and $50 million to secure our border. It's so easy, even I could lead that unit.

The reason we don't have this is simply political will. Democrats want (illegal) votes, and 95% of the anchor babies that become "US citizens" will vote D from here to eternity with promises of "free handouts" - see Bernie Sanders entire campaign for evidence. Republicans want donor money from rich businesses - who want cheap labor. The American public vastly wants a secure border but each time they elect people running on "strong border security", liars like John McCain turn on them when it comes time to vote for real security.

Then Trump comes in. He doesn't need the Wall St money and isn't owned by lobbyists so he can actually move forward on security while Democrats screech "racism" (which makes no sense) because virtue signaling is hard work. Trump is our last chance. Look at how the fake news media, the intel agencies are all trying to take him down. They were trying to impeach him before he even took office! Do you think some rich private citizen will see what Trump went through and think "I need to do that same thing for my principles and the good of the country." Not happening. If Trump doesn't get the wall built, it won't happen. No democrat would ever do it, and nearly every Republican besides Trump is so scared of being called a racist for wanting to secure our borders, and being owned by Wall St, that the most they ever do is campaign on border security. Even The Gipper gave illegals amnesty!

It is now or never.

wjruth
Turtle Supporter

Postby wjruth » Mon Dec 11, 2017

Big picture:
The majority of illegal immigrants started life in the US as legal but failed to leave.
If security was the goal, we should also build a wall along the northern border.
Physical structures across large areas of land, have a detrimental effect on the environment.
Big business likes cheap labor... politicians work for big business.
Immigrants who work under a false SS number pay into SS but never collect. In 2010, $12 Billion was taken in from such accounts.

For many parties involved, stopping immigration is not the priority. Historically, having an influx of immigrants has been good for the economy. Now we face automation, global competition and a decrease in the middle class. Immigrants now and historically, are blamed for dips in the economy and face the brunt of people's frustration.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

wjruth wrote:Big picture:
The majority of illegal immigrants started life in the US as legal but failed to leave.
If security was the goal, we should also build a wall along the northern border.
Physical structures across large areas of land, have a detrimental effect on the environment.
Big business likes cheap labor... politicians work for big business.
Immigrants who work under a false SS number pay into SS but never collect. In 2010, $12 Billion was taken in from such accounts.

Look at this long list of excuses :roll: . Why not just say you are for no border, and we should allow as many people into America that want to come, to come? That is a vastly unpopular opinion with most Americans though. So instead we have an "environmental excuse", they were "born here" or overstaying visas excuse, the "why not a Canadian wall" excuse.

Well if Canadians were illegally entering the US and sucking the teat of America dry, I would suggest a border there as well. Luckily, most Canadians are proud of their country and heritage and like where they are at. If the security threat changes, let us know. You see, once a wall is up, then when we deport the "illegal immigrants who started life in the US as legal but failed to leave" they won't be able to easily come back in! Unlike when we deport them now and they just come back the next week - just like the 5 time illegal felon in San Francisco who killed that nice young lady, and will serve no jail time for negligent homicide. He re-entered numerous times. Why? No 30 foot wall along the whole border, that's why. When we deport them, I want them to stay deported!

wjruth wrote:For many parties involved, stopping immigration is not the priority. Historically, having an influx of immigrants has been good for the economy. Now we face automation, global competition and a decrease in the middle class. Immigrants now and historically, are blamed for dips in the economy and face the brunt of people's frustration.

The economy is not the only reason I'm against illegal immigration. And if by "historically good for the economy" - you mean pre-1960, I would agree with you. You know what else we had back then? A social expectation that immigrants would 1) learn our language, 2) adapt to our culture and become Americans, 3) sink or swim (I don't think you could just live off welfare in the pre-1960's era - perhaps some of our elderly brethren can correct me if I'm wrong). So having a reasonable number of (legal) immigrants pre-1960 was good for the overall economy. Today, there are towns in CA, AZ, TX where English is the second language and if one were to wear an American flag t-shirt to your local high school it is considered a "racist" act, and you might even get beaten up for it. Today we encourage minorities to celebrate their culture, no need to assimilate. It is these same people that want to remove our historic culture, the statues of our founding fathers, the names of our famous buildings. No thanks.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017

SilverDoge wrote: Today we encourage minorities to celebrate their culture, no need to assimilate. It is these same people that want to remove our historic culture, the statues of our founding fathers, the names of our famous buildings. No thanks.

I'm confused. Are you saying that black folks are illegal immigrants, or that latin folks were enslaved? :roll:

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

jcz1 wrote:
SilverDoge wrote: Today we encourage minorities to celebrate their culture, no need to assimilate. It is these same people that want to remove our historic culture, the statues of our founding fathers, the names of our famous buildings. No thanks.

I'm confused.

Yep :roll:

wjruth
Turtle Supporter

Postby wjruth » Mon Dec 11, 2017

SilverDoge wrote:
Look at this long list of excuses :roll: . Why not just say you are for no border, and we should allow as many people into America that want to come, to come? That is a vastly unpopular opinion with most Americans though. So instead we have an "environmental excuse", they were "born here" or overstaying visas excuse, the "why not a Canadian wall" excuse.

Not excuses - It is an actual list of facts.
The president wants to put up a wall, yet the majority of illegal immigrants never came across the border on foot.
A large wall across that much area will disrupt animal migration and change the local watersheds.
When the current administration states a wall will stop terrorist, I question why do we want to beef up the front door but ignore the screen door out back.

As to historical immigration, the US does not like non white, non WASP coming in great numbers. When too many Chinese came to work on the railroads in the 1880's, we created a law to restrict immigration and owning of property. When too many Japanese came to the US, we segregated them in schools, banned them from owning farms, restricted passports from Japan and then outright banned Japanese immigrants. When too many Catholics came from Ireland and Germany, groups formed Nativist parties. They protested the church and rioted. Destroying several buildings and causing fatalities, broken up by the state militia and directly leading to the creation of the Philadelphia police force. Locals refused to stop teaching the protestant version of the bible in public school (or allow the Catholic children to opt out), so the Catholic church created their own schools.
From 1924 to 1965 the United States set up a quota system. Only a limited number of immigrants from select countries would be allowed entry. Post 1965 the quota system stayed but was changed to total immigrants and not those from select countries.

In a way, the current sentiment towards immigration keeps with our traditions as a country.

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Mon Dec 11, 2017

A wall is not necessary if we changed border enforcement policy. Just need a no-mans land with killer drones on autopilot.
ImageImageImage

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Mon Dec 11, 2017

Create a merit based immigration system, no need to think too hard, copy one from one of the countless countries that already has a system that works.
Make legal status a requirement for obtaining US identification.
Make it legal for police to check identification without having to jump through a billion hoops (no, it’s not discriminatory)
Make it illegal to receive any subsidies without legal status

I am not against the wall but the above steps will cost less and be more effective than the wall as we would benefit from positive immigration while cutting back on negative immigration (the wall doesn’t resolve the need for a a major immigration reform)
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Turtle

Postby Turtle » Sun Jan 07, 2018

oktyabyr wrote:It didn’t work because people still crossed it. It slowed people from leaving Berlin, but it didn’t stop them. Just as the current wall does not stop illegal immigration. As long as there are opportunities here, they will come. You can build it 30 ft tall, and they will climb over it. You could build it 100 ft tall, and they would go under it. In Arizona you can watch them jack up portions of the wall. They will still cross, it will just slow them down. The best way is to go after the employers, using the laws that are already on the books.

But it DID work. Some people crossed, but many didnt. They also had massive resources to help. While the Mexican govt does offer some aid, they wouldnt help to cross a wall. There is no current wall. Thats the problem. There are bits and pieces, but you can just go around. A wall is not a complete solution, its the back stop. With a solid complete wall, a lot of problems are fixed, and the border patrol has something good to base off and work with. It will take much more than that in a comprehensive effort. Just having a wall and exit checks at ports of entry, and enforcing existing laws, will solve the vast majority of the problem.

And you can keep shouting that until you turn blue(r), but it simply is not bared out by the facts. Israel built a complete wall and went from tens of thousands a year to Z E R O. They also built a wall against the PA territory in the mid 00s, and suicide bombings went from dozens a year to Z E R O. Walls work, period.

oktyabyr wrote:I hate to break it to you, but there are small children, elderly, and pregnant women currently crossing the 30+ foot wall that already exists on the border. They scale the wall. It doesn’t stop them. It barely slows them down.

Believe me, I’m all against illegal immigration, and I believe they should all be looking over their shoulders while immigration tracks every last one of them down and ships them back to their home country. But unfortunately a wall is not the best option for that. Employers need to be punished, fined, jailed, businesses seized. If you eliminate the the motivation, then the majority will not come any longer. More personnel along the border to secure it and catch those trying to enter.

Thats simply not true and physically impossible. They go around it. There are some staged photos by the globalists to propagandize us into thinking its useless, but the fact of the matter remains that they work, and this is empirically proven. All you are giving is theory.

Going after the employers is great too, but a wall, again, is a backstop to base EVERYTHING on. Its simply negligent and irresponsible not to build it.
:turtle:

omarf1

Postby omarf1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

jcz1 wrote:

I'm confused. Are you saying that black folks are illegal immigrants, or that latin folks were enslaved? :roll:

Sorry, to enter illegaly your debate.
But I think that you forget that you all are illegal there. The land belong to indian buffalo guys !
And on day or another you have to come back to your native land (europe) or native of native (north africa) for white men and middle and south africa for black ones :) and don't forget to leave silver and gold stolen !!!!

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Trump is now asking for $18 billion in exchange for not deporting the dreamers. And that amount only covers 316 miles! Added to current coverage, that would be almost half the border (970 miles). If the other half costs as much per mile, that's another $54 on top of this $18.

$72 BILLION - no wonder Mexico won't pay for it. :roll:

http://time.com/5091024/donald-trump-me ... rder-wall/

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Jan 07, 2018

The Cost of Illegal Immigration to the United States

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens. That amounts to a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664. The total cost of illegal immigration to U.S. taxpayers is both staggering and crippling. In 2013, FAIR estimated the total cost to be approximately $113 billion. So, in under four years, the cost has risen nearly $3 billion. This is a disturbing and unsustainable trend. The sections below will break down and further explain these numbers at the federal, state, and local levels.
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Jan 07, 2018

Employers who cheat at capitalism and benefit from illegal slave labor should be fined to cover the damages incurred by the rest of us.
Image Image Image
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018

PolitiFact analyzed this study and concluded, "It's uncertain how much immigrants in the United States illegally cost taxpayers, but FAIR's data is largely based on broad estimates and assumptions."[44]

Aviva Chomsky, a professor at Salem State College, states that "Early studies in California and in the Southwest and in the Southeast...have come to the same conclusions. Immigrants, legal and illegal, are more likely to pay taxes than they are to use public services. Illegal immigrants are not eligible for most public services and live in fear of revealing themselves to government authorities. Households headed by illegal immigrants use less than half the amount of federal services that households headed by documented immigrants or citizens make use of."[45]

National Public Radio (NPR) wrote in 2006: "Supporters of a crackdown argue that the U.S. economy would benefit if illegal immigrants were to leave, because U.S. employers would be forced to raise wages to attract American workers. Critics of this approach say the loss of illegal immigrants would stall the U.S. economy, saying illegal workers do many jobs few native-born Americans will do."[28]

Professor of Law Francine Lipman writes that the belief that illegal migrants are exploiting the US economy and that they cost more in services than they contribute to the economy is "undeniably false".[46] Lipman asserts that "illegal immigrants actually contribute more to public coffers in taxes than they cost in social services" and "contribute to the U.S. economy through their investments and consumption of goods and services; filling of millions of essential worker positions resulting in subsidiary job creation, increased productivity and lower costs of goods and services; and unrequited contributions to Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance programs."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_ ... t_analysis

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Jan 20, 2018

Border Wall Models Thwart U.S. Commandos in Tests

Recent assaults by tactical teams on prototypes of President Donald Trump’s proposed wall with Mexico indicate their imposing heights should stop border crossers, a U.S. official with direct knowledge of the rigorous assessment told The Associated Press.

Military special forces based in Florida and U.S. Customs and Border Protection special units spent three weeks trying to breach and scale the eight models in San Diego, using jackhammers, saws, torches and other tools and climbing devices, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the information was not authorized for public release.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... dos-tests/
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Jan 27, 2018

Jeff Sessions: Wall Will Be ‘Message to the World That in the United States of America, We Enforce the Laws’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... framework/

:?
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

maxwell

Postby maxwell » Sat Jan 27, 2018

yes

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018

Co-written by a Texan:

Any discussion of the border wall demanded by President Trump, including a deal that would secure certainty for the “dreamers” in exchange for funding the wall, must acknowledge the incredible damage the wall would cause to wildlife, border communities and the United States’ relationship with Mexico.

A border wall would bisect and isolate iconic Southwestern landscapes, threatening endangered wildlife and decades of binational cooperation to save these species from extinction. For the jaguar, an impenetrable wall would cut off any hope of recovery in the United States. The wall also would divide families and communities along the border, as well as gratuitously insult Mexico, a nation whose cooperation is essential for border security and wildlife conservation.

Acting as if the only objection to the wall is that it is a waste of taxpayer money misses the larger picture of what the wall represents.

Jamie Rappaport Clark, Washington

The writer is president and chief executive of Defenders of Wildlife.

Filemon Vela, Washington

The writer, a Democrat, represents Texas’s 34th District in the House and is co-chairman of the Congressional Border Caucus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 8db623c8e8

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Jan 28, 2018

jcz1 wrote:Co-written by a Texan:

Any discussion of the border wall demanded by President Trump, including a deal that would secure certainty for the “dreamers” in exchange for funding the wall, must acknowledge the incredible damage the wall would cause to wildlife, border communities and the United States’ relationship with Mexico.

A border wall would bisect and isolate iconic Southwestern landscapes, threatening endangered wildlife and decades of binational cooperation to save these species from extinction. For the jaguar, an impenetrable wall would cut off any hope of recovery in the United States. The wall also would divide families and communities along the border, as well as gratuitously insult Mexico, a nation whose cooperation is essential for border security and wildlife conservation.

Acting as if the only objection to the wall is that it is a waste of taxpayer money misses the larger picture of what the wall represents.

Jamie Rappaport Clark, Washington

The writer is president and chief executive of Defenders of Wildlife.

Filemon Vela, Washington

The writer, a Democrat, represents Texas’s 34th District in the House and is co-chairman of the Congressional Border Caucus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 8db623c8e8

If these are the best arguments against building a wall.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We don't want to "offend" anyone for our own national security. I can't think of a greater cuck statement on a grand scale than that comment. Let's listen to the MSM, they are so wise. What was that latest CNN article again...that it could be good for my relationship to let my wife sleep with other men - tell us more Mark Dice:

Return to “Polling Place”