Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Please put all polls here.

Will Trump start and finish the wall along the southern border within his 4 years in office?

Yes
31%
No
62%
Only if he gets a second term
7%

Total votes: 107

silverbender
Gold Supporter

Re: Will Trump start and finish the wall - POLL

Postby silverbender » Mon Nov 14, 2016

jcz1 wrote:
tomfernandez wrote:... but given the mandate that Trump received...

If you lose the popular vote, I don't think you can claim a "mandate."
I think it is used to encompass the House Senate and Governors election domination also. My first reaction is also losing the popular vote is an odd mandate lol

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Tue Mar 21, 2017

Build a wall? Not the best idea. Expensive and will not stop illegal immigration. I've visited borders in other countries and they have small outpost scattered along and the guards will warn you if you ask them. "Sure, you can cross, but I will have to shoot you" that type of border enforcement is way more effective than any structure. Or just quit employing illegals. They come for work and possibly. Remove that and no one would come. My opinion is that immigration is beneficial. At least if done legally but that's not the topic. Oh well, fluff it, build a wall!
ImageImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue Mar 21, 2017

Mexico probably wishes they had a wall at their Southern border
ImageImageImage

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Wed Mar 22, 2017

For the sake of our tax bills, hope that he's out before too many billions are spent. There's no political will for this thing if he's not banging the drum.

JadeDragon

Postby JadeDragon » Sun May 07, 2017

Trump is full of hot air. Mexico will not pay for any wall. Trump might build a few
miles of fence or something, but not the wall he promised.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Sun May 07, 2017

JadeDragon wrote:Trump is full of hot air. Mexico will not pay for any wall. Trump might build a few
miles of fence or something, but not the wall he promised.

Not a fence - this is now called a Bollard Wall so Trump can claim he's building a wall. Just like the Obamacare repeal that wasn't really a repeal.
Democracy Dies in Darkness

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Mon May 08, 2017

Great instead of action let's just use different definitions so that we can claim victory even in defeat.

Alternatively Definitions!! The new non-fact, non-news, feeling biased reality of the modern political world.

Sounds very much like the title of a book I almost got yesterday:

How to think critically in a time of alternative facts and fake news.

In the science section at barns and Nobel.
ImageImageImage

Turtle

Postby Turtle » Sat Dec 09, 2017

Depends if Congress cooperates. Theyve already started, but its slow going. Its amazing how Japan and China can build anything in a day, but us lazy Americans take forever to lay a brick. Israel got their fences up pretty fast too.
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)

silverback

Postby silverback » Sat Dec 09, 2017

What would a wall stop? It is entirely symbolic. My Grandpa McCarter was a farmer who employed many illegal Mexicans,He old me 51 years ago "just fine me for having illegals and I will find some high school kids to pick my crop"
Simply enforcing existing "Laws" should be a logical choice, but mixing Government and logic is impossible. The lack of public resistance has led to millions of
illegals who know how to better manipulate the system than the actual citizens.
I was once told by an illegal friend "never drive and you can live here the rest of your life ,no problem"
Looks like the test was a success and now we can see the influx of immigrants throughout Europe.
Last edited by silverback on Sun Dec 10, 2017, edited 2 times in total.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sat Dec 09, 2017

silverback wrote:What would a wall stop? It is entirely symbolic. My Grandpa McCarter was a farmer who employed many illegal Mexicans,He old me 51 years ago "just fine me for having illegals and I will go find some high school kids to pick my produce"
Simply enforcing existing "Laws" should be a logical choice, but mixing Government and logic has proven impossible.

I agree completely. Fine the hell out of these law-breaking employers who are cheating at capitalism. They're profiting by breaking the law. The gov't should sue these slave-drivers to recover the cost of services their illegal slave work force is sucking from the taxpayer.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Sat Dec 09, 2017

MaxGravy wrote:They're profiting by breaking the law.

Western civilization business model. :roll:
"Back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile" --Uncle Rico

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Sat Dec 09, 2017

Turtle wrote:Depends if Congress cooperates. Theyve already started, but its slow going. Its amazing how Japan and China can build anything in a day, but us lazy Americans take forever to lay a brick. Israel got their fences up pretty fast too.

I had a new roof put on a few years back. I was amazed at the efficiency and work ethic of the crew that put it on.
Hint: They weren't high school kids.. but they played loud music. :D

Trump should consider using a workforce like this to build whatever he needs to build... for the sake of U.S. tax payers.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Sat Dec 09, 2017

What will a Mexican do if Trump decides to build a wall?
He will get over it

LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

oktyabyr

Postby oktyabyr » Sun Dec 10, 2017

One thing people don’t realize is that there already is a wall, just not a full wall. It doesn’t stop people now, only slows them.

Also, the wall didn’t work for the Russians in Berlin, where people would still cross, even with mines and dogs and machine guns and snipers. People would risk their lives to cross that wall, why wouldn’t people cross a wall into the US where the worst thing that would happen would be a short stay in a US jail and sent back to their home country.

Turtle

Postby Turtle » Sun Dec 10, 2017

oktyabyr wrote:One thing people don’t realize is that there already is a wall, just not a full wall. It doesn’t stop people now, only slows them.

Also, the wall didn’t work for the Russians in Berlin, where people would still cross, even with mines and dogs and machine guns and snipers. People would risk their lives to cross that wall, why wouldn’t people cross a wall into the US where the worst thing that would happen would be a short stay in a US jail and sent back to their home country.

Actually it did work very will, and that was a wall to keep people in, not out. Israel built a wall with the Arab areas and suicide attacks dropped to nearly zero. They built another wall with Egypt and African illegal crossings dropped over 99.4%. China has a wall with North Korea. Belfast has a wall between Protties and Papies and it works. Walls work. We wouldnt be using them for so long if they didnt. If a complete wall keeps out half the entries, then its more than worth it. The fact is it will likely reduce illegal entries by more than 90%.
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)

oktyabyr

Turtle wrote:
oktyabyr wrote:One thing people don’t realize is that there already is a wall, just not a full wall. It doesn’t stop people now, only slows them.

Actually it did work very will, and that was a wall to keep people in, not out. Israel built a wall with the Arab areas and suicide attacks dropped to nearly zero. They built another wall with Egypt and African illegal crossings dropped over 99.4%. China has a wall with North Korea. Belfast has a wall between Protties and Papies and it works. Walls work. We wouldnt be using them for so long if they didnt. If a complete wall keeps out half the entries, then its more than worth it. The fact is it will likely reduce illegal entries by more than 90%.

It didn’t work because people still crossed it. It slowed people from leaving Berlin, but it didn’t stop them. Just as the current wall does not stop illegal immigration. As long as there are opportunities here, they will come. You can build it 30 ft tall, and they will climb over it. You could build it 100 ft tall, and they would go under it. In Arizona you can watch them jack up portions of the wall. They will still cross, it will just slow them down. The best way is to go after the employers, using the laws that are already on the books.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Sun Dec 10, 2017

oktyabyr wrote:
Turtle wrote:

It didn’t work because people still crossed it. It slowed people from leaving Berlin, but it didn’t stop them. Just as the current wall does not stop illegal immigration. As long as there are opportunities here, they will come. You can build it 30 ft tall, and they will climb over it. You could build it 100 ft tall, and they would go under it. In Arizona you can watch them jack up portions of the wall. They will still cross, it will just slow them down. The best way is to go after the employers, using the laws that are already on the books.

President Trump will be out of office in 7 years, and the next Democrat in the office can help change immigration laws. What they can't easily change is a HUGE wall. Once it is up, it is up. If walls didn't work, then you wouldn't see gated communities, or millionaires building 7 ft concrete walls around their personal property. The Vatican has a 30 ft wall around it. I've seen it; it works.

One could make the argument that a wall will just slow people down and somebody motivated enough will overcome it. But that is the crux of it... somebody motivated enough. Currently you have small kids, pregnant mothers, the elderly making their way across the border because it is easy. There are parts with no wall. Put a 30 foot wall up along the WHOLE border, and you've eliminated 90% of the people who could physically overcome the obstacle. The remaining 10% would think twice because now they can't easily bring their strap-hanger family in either. So now you've reduced the problem by 95% and some future Congress would have to literally tear down a wall to overcome the progress.

But what the hell do I know. I've only helped to defend OTHER countries borders with weapons and the threat of death to those illegally crossing, at the request of Uncle Sam. You'd think we'd have the same care along our own borders, for the safety of our own citizens. Especially when cities like San Francisco allow illegal felons to commit negligent homicide and get off scot-free. What a world.

MaxGravy
Site Admin

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Dec 10, 2017

^^^

Post of the month right there. Thank you for your service sir.
ImageImageImage
Don't grow up - it's a trap!

oktyabyr

I hate to break it to you, but there are small children, elderly, and pregnant women currently crossing the 30+ foot wall that already exists on the border. They scale the wall. It doesn’t stop them. It barely slows them down.

Believe me, I’m all against illegal immigration, and I believe they should all be looking over their shoulders while immigration tracks every last one of them down and ships them back to their home country. But unfortunately a wall is not the best option for that. Employers need to be punished, fined, jailed, businesses seized. If you eliminate the the motivation, then the majority will not come any longer. More personnel along the border to secure it and catch those trying to enter.

300Braveheart

Postby 300Braveheart » Sun Dec 10, 2017

He'll do it when he puts Hillary in jail.
ImageImage
Get $175 cash back for $500 spend on Chase Freedom Unlimited no-annual-fee credit card. Apply here and let me know if you're approved, thanks!!
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/18/T235J3FH5V

Return to “Polling Place”