11%

Total votes: 83

RadioChemist
Platinum Supporter

Re: How cheap are you?

Postby RadioChemist » Thu Oct 01, 2015

H2SO4 wrote:
NorthernStacker wrote:
I have a 4 liter gallon jug of tap water i keep in my fridge,....

what are these liters you speak of?

I have translated the original post. :D
”You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.” - Ayn Rand

NorthernStacker

Postby NorthernStacker » Thu Oct 01, 2015

H2SO4 wrote:
NorthernStacker wrote:
I have a 4 liter jug of tap water i keep in my fridge,....

4 liters = 1.05669 US liquid gallon

Funny thing is when I went to school we had to learn both metric and imperial which was harder then just learning one system, I wasn't at the top of the class thats for sure lol, I really hated those classes.

Most countries in the world now use the metric system.
Almost the only holdouts are the USA and Liberia (using a version of the old British Imperial system of weights and measures with peculiarly shrunken measures) and Burma (which uses yet another system).
However, in June 2011, the Burmese government's Ministry of Commerce began discussing proposals to reform the measurement system in Burma and adopt the metric system used by most of its trading partners.
The United Kingdom and Canada (except the already fully metricated and francophone Quebec) are in a curious state halfway between metric and Imperial units and, while many things are measured in metric, you will still often encounter miles, pints, feet and stones during your visit. The only units the different systems have in common are time units from the second, through minutes, hours and days to centuries.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Metric_and_Imperial_equivalents
ImageImageImage

carssman

Postby carssman » Thu Oct 01, 2015

People may think Im cheap but they don't seem to have a thousand dollar CC payment to make every two weeks. :?

I do try and think outside of the box to save cash whenever possible. We rarely eat out anymore and I rarely shop for myself anymore. it seems most of my funds are now allocated for groceries having two young bottomless pits..

I am also trying to pay down this Christmas vacation to Cuba we have booked, so I guess I've been even worst lately when it comes to being a tightwad :mrgreen:

Kimber74

Postby Kimber74 » Thu Oct 01, 2015

I'm very impulsive and believe in enjoying my money now.

You will not be able to enjoy your money in your 70s like you can in your 30s and 40s. I plan to die with no regrets. If I want something and it's within my grasp, I get it.

Does not work for everyone but everyday, there are people who drool over other people's toys.
"I am the Punishment of God...if you had not Committed Great Sins, God would not have sent a Punishment like Me Upon You."

shinnosuke

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Oct 01, 2015

shinnosuke wrote:You guys really want to save money? Drink tap water instead of coffee.

You guys really want to save money? Drink tap water instead of beer.

Shippeevt
Turtle Supporter

Postby Shippeevt » Thu Oct 01, 2015

shinnosuke wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:You guys really want to save money? Drink tap water instead of coffee.

You guys really want to save money? Drink tap water instead of beer.

Man I would be rich and Id probably wouldn't have some silver things I didn't want lol
Looking for graded 1/4 oz gold proof libertads 2005-09 2011

H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Postby H2SO4 » Thu Oct 01, 2015

NorthernStacker wrote:
H2SO4 wrote:
NorthernStacker wrote:
I have a 4 liter jug of tap water i keep in my fridge,....

4 liters = 1.05669 US liquid gallon

Funny thing is when I went to school we had to learn both metric and imperial which was harder then just learning one system, I wasn't at the top of the class thats for sure lol, I really hated those classes.

Most countries in the world now use the metric system.
Almost the only holdouts are the USA and Liberia (using a version of the old British Imperial system of weights and measures with peculiarly shrunken measures) and Burma (which uses yet another system).
However, in June 2011, the Burmese government's Ministry of Commerce began discussing proposals to reform the measurement system in Burma and adopt the metric system used by most of its trading partners.
The United Kingdom and Canada (except the already fully metricated and francophone Quebec) are in a curious state halfway between metric and Imperial units and, while many things are measured in metric, you will still often encounter miles, pints, feet and stones during your visit. The only units the different systems have in common are time units from the second, through minutes, hours and days to centuries.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Metric_and_Imperial_equivalents

sarcasm must be lost on the interwebs... haha. I love metric and think imperial is crazy. but I do love my pints...
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

oswarped

Postby oswarped » Thu Oct 01, 2015

I don't consider myself so cheap buy then my wife will comment when I open my wallet and comment that there is dust and cobwebs on what I pull out! But after all I did open the wallet that alone proves I am not that cheap!
I will do my homework before a purchase and try to make that purchase only once. My last go round with the wife was I bought a flat of peaches from costco and they did not ripen and were pithy. I ate two and then asked my wife if she thought I would be petty if I took them back. She eventually gave in and my next trip in to costco I let them know. I was refunded the purchase price. :)

carssman

Postby carssman » Thu Oct 01, 2015

Some say i'm so cheap, you could put a flax seed in my azz and it would come out a diamond :D

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Thu Oct 01, 2015

Heresy!!! Burn the witch! :shock:
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

sauer

Postby sauer » Thu Oct 01, 2015

I always wanted to run for local school or village board, with the slogan
"As cheap as they come!"

oswarped

Postby oswarped » Thu Oct 01, 2015

sauer wrote:I always wanted to run for local school or village board, with the slogan
"As cheap as they come!"

Got my vote! I always disliked the " It's for the children" It is NOT I have worked for the school system.

Rodebaugh
Jester

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Oct 01, 2015

Dad and I trade hundred dollar bills at Christmas time. The same hundreds have been traded for years now.

He and I both use the free currency gift envelopes from the bank.

H2SO4
Gold Jeeper

Postby H2SO4 » Thu Oct 01, 2015

Rodebaugh wrote:Dad and I trade hundred dollar bills at Christmas time. The same hundreds have been traded for years now.

thats an awesome tradition and idea!
Always looking for BS Bars- any serial numbers. Buy/Trade

Engineer
Pirate Jester

I'm cheap enough to do the job right the first time.

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Thu Oct 01, 2015

Rodebaugh wrote:Dad and I trade hundred dollar bills at Christmas time. The same hundreds have been traded for years now.

Me and my sister used to exchange the same $5 bill for our birthdays but we got tired of wasting the postage and quit a few years back :shifty:
ImageImageImage

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Thu Oct 01, 2015

I was cheap until I caught an old neighbor reusing butt wipe in the out house :shock: . Now I'm extremely frugal. :lol: :lol:

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Oct 01, 2015

pitw wrote:I was cheap until I caught an old neighbor reusing butt wipe in the out house :shock: . Now I'm extremely frugal. :lol: :lol:

What the hell were you....never mind, I don't want to know.
ImageImageImage

Engineer
Pirate Jester

PeacePeople wrote:
pitw wrote:I was cheap until I caught an old neighbor reusing butt wipe in the out house :shock: . Now I'm extremely frugal. :lol: :lol:

Berry picking. :pop:

pitw
Gold Supporter

Postby pitw » Thu Oct 01, 2015

PeacePeople wrote:

I went to the outhouse for a dump and found the paper in a wooden box. :shock: I used one of my socks. :roll: The old boy died acouple years back and never had running water but had an 8 figure bank account and his brothers was bigger.

Return to “Polling Place”