What is most important to you when buying online?

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.

Free Shipping
10%
Fast Delivery (under 1 week)
12%
Good communication (responds to emails, answers/returns calls)
12%
Lowest overall price (bullion price + shipping)
31%
Use of credit card (even if small charge)
9%
Product Selection
6%
Ease of website navigation
1%
Decent deals on smaller orders (example 2 rolls of eagles)
15%
Fairness in Buy/Sell spread
5%

Total votes: 94

buckeye03

Postby buckeye03 » Tue Dec 22, 2009

Okay this is shameless attempt to gather some market research. Some of you know I was buying/selling PM's earlier in the year. Well I am really itching to get back in the game but on a larger, more concentrated basis.

I would appreciate if you select up to three reasons why you would choose a particular online bullion retailer over another. If you have any other comments/suggestions fill free to list them in your response!

Thank you!

Craig
Last edited by buckeye03 on Tue Dec 22, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

unixmd5crypt
Location: Somedays You're The Bug, and Other Days the Windshield.

Re: What is most important to you when buying online?

Postby unixmd5crypt » Tue Dec 22, 2009

Hey Craig,

No shame in trying to better serve your customers! I'll add a little more information. Nearly all of those things are important, I won't delude myself into believing that shipping is ever "free" it's just baked in the cake. To me, communication, low price, and fast turnaround are the most important things. Be as clear about pricing and fees as possible, be completely up front. I'm okay with a longer lead time as long as the person is open and communicates about it. I've had a few people buy from me and there was a slight lead time, I let them know what is going on, and I let them know when what they are waiting for arrives, and when it is shipped.

There have been plenty of people (not on here) that I have bought from and I sent messages to and never got a response. Those people never had another one of my dollars pass through their hands. I will gladly share any more of my opinions with you if you would like more information. I think everyone else on here should be just as open so we can help one of our fellow sellers, and help the community as a whole.

Buck, PM me with anymore questions if you'd prefer the thread to not get cluttered.

unixmd5crypt

Sorry buck, I also missed another point.

Small order friendly is important to me! Two rolls is actually considered big for me :lol:. Having friendly, per coin pricing, and fair shipping prices for small orders is important. This helps to develop future business with me. I do many small orders with certain companies that are fair with these types of orders but when I come into larger sums of money, I then place larger orders. I'm a young guy, and I feel I have a lot of future earnings potential, if you can bag my business now, while I'm a small buyer, then you may end up with a large buyer in the future when I'm done with my Electrical Engineering degree.

There is a guy on this forum named Patriot and he is a young fella as well, he mainly buys fracs, or small gold one at a time. I'm sure he probably plans on making a lot more money in the future, with that increase in pay he may start bringing big orders to you. I believe the corporate term for this is "Customer for life." We may not have a lot of money now, but we may later on. Just another 2 cents of mine ;)

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Tue Dec 22, 2009

Customer service, Treat the small guys like the big boys! If I get good customer service, I will give you my business every time! I make small buys, but im consistent with my buys.
Theres nothing worse Than walking into a coin shop and they never acknowledge you. I will usually walk out, Depends on how poor there attitude, If its sh$ty I will make them work, Like pulling out coins from the safe and from the back of cases That really pisses them off when you say OK not what I was looking for and walk out! :twisted:
My local dealer is very cool, He has a Lazyboy chair in his shop he is usually propped up in it most of the time, When I walk in he starts talking plenty of crap, I dish it right back, But he will let me dig through the cases and pull out anything I want as long as I dont make him get out of his damn lazybaoy :lol: What I like is I get premium coins for a few bucks over spot, And he knows what I like so he will stick coins/bars back for me,
I say if your an online dealer free shipping on small orders, fast friendly service and follow ups with specials buys. Customers like being remembered. If you run a special send out emails to preferred customers, Let them know you consider them a valued customer ;)
Gold is Gold Silver Is Silver! When The SHTF its all the same!

buckeye03

Postby buckeye03 » Tue Dec 22, 2009

Thank you all for the comments and votes. Keep them coming!

Another question. What would you think of a VERY limited product line (say just 10 ounce bars and Eagles) but better prices than you can find elsewhere?

unixmd5crypt

buckeye03 wrote:Thank you all for the comments and votes. Keep them coming!

Another question. What would you think of a VERY limited product line (say just 10 ounce bars and Eagles) but better prices than you can find elsewhere?

Some people need different flavors, but if the price is low enough I can eat vanilla all day long. :lol:

Coinfolio

Postby Coinfolio » Tue Dec 22, 2009

Communication with your buyer is a big factor. I have found from years in retail folks will be quite patient if you let them know what you are going to do and when you are going to do it.
Last edited by Coinfolio on Tue Dec 22, 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Get free money back on many internet purchases. Click on link for ez sign up, message me with any questions and I will help you. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=373651

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Tue Dec 22, 2009

;)
Gold is Gold Silver Is Silver! When The SHTF its all the same!

standjw

Postby standjw » Tue Dec 22, 2009

I agree. Customer service is the key. I mean think about it. Apmex has chunks of gold so expensive that you have to call for a price. I will probably never be able to afford those size items, but when I order my little 20 oz's of silver, I'm treated; I suppose, just like the big buyers. Excellent shipping and communication. No shady procedures. Thats a winner every time.
"The strong do what they will, and the weak suffer what they must."
-Thucydides

Coinfolio

Postby Coinfolio » Tue Dec 22, 2009

Folks really appreciate a Pm to solve problems also :lol:
Last edited by Coinfolio on Tue Dec 22, 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Get free money back on many internet purchases. Click on link for ez sign up, message me with any questions and I will help you. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=373651

halfhunter
Gold Supporter

Postby halfhunter » Tue Dec 22, 2009

buckeye03 wrote:Thank you all for the comments and votes. Keep them coming!

I LIKE IT ! ! !

10oz bars & Eagles are my favorites . . . along with Maples, Libertads, Kooks, 5oz bars . . .

Awe hell I like it all ! ! ! :lol:

HH
Always Searching For OBW Rolls ! ! !

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Tue Dec 22, 2009

halfhunter wrote:
I LIKE IT ! ! !

10oz bars & Eagles are my favorites . . . along with Maples, Libertads, Kooks, 5oz bars . . .

Awe hell I like it all ! ! ! :lol:

HH

Yeah, me too :lol: . Is it silver, is it gold, 90% .999, whatever, I like it. :D
ImageImageImage

Baggerman
Gold Supporter

Postby Baggerman » Tue Dec 22, 2009

I'm a pretty small fish when it comes to buying PMs but it irks the hell out of me that some charge say $20 shipping when I can only afford $100-$200 in Pms when I know they can be shipped for $5 flat rate. This is one of the reasons I love this site as I am able to buy small quantities without high shipping fees.
I carry a gun because I am to young to die and to old to take an azz whooping.
Get 1% rebate on Ebay bullion http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=439461

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Thu Dec 24, 2009

Great points in this thread. I run a small metals business (http://www.coppercave.com) and have found forums to be a great source for suggestions and feedback. As a seller, I strive to provide prompt replies, quick shipping (usually same or next day), and reasonable shipping costs (First Class or flat rate Priority). When I'm buying from my suppliers, I look for the same qualities. There are a few bigger names in base metal bullion that I do not do business with because of their attitudes or lack of communication. I'm fairly young as well (old enough to get drafted, too young to buy a handgun), and I plan to run this business for a long time, so building a good reputation and a happy customer base is very important.

Bill*
Gold Supporter

Postby Bill* » Tue Jan 16, 2018

No shock that price is #1. In fact, I expected it (the score) to be higher
Image Image

Return to “Burgers and Beers”