Gold purchase brag thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
javits100

Re: Gold purchase brag thread

Postby javits100 » Mon Sep 29, 2014

carssman wrote:

That 22k chain I purchased from SGB was a real dooosey,, I mean Wow! What detail and weight.

photo 1.JPG
sry for the bad lighting
photo 2.JPG

I'm eyeing the 22kt 19.5" they have now. I'm not that familiar with pricing on these. Anyone care to comment on current pricing for the 59.2gram? It looks about right to me but I haven't bought much in the way of jewelry
ImageImage

AndeanCat

Postby AndeanCat » Sat Oct 04, 2014

I bought a 2005 1/10 Philharmonic & a 1999 20th anniversary privy marked Maple. Both $130 each.

Then, I won two silver proof American Eagles. Woo woo! Hehe :kitty: :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Kimber74

Postby Kimber74 » Tue Oct 07, 2014

Did some trading with some members on BS and went from a Silver pure Stack to...adding 3 ounces of Gold! Feels great to finally have some Gold.

"I am the Punishment of God...if you had not Committed Great Sins, God would not have sent a Punishment like Me Upon You."

silverstacker
Turtle Supporter

Postby silverstacker » Wed Oct 08, 2014

Kimber74 wrote:Did some trading with some members on BS and went from a Silver pure Stack to...adding 3 ounces of Gold! Feels great to finally have some Gold.

Nice! Looks like a good variety too
PAYMENT METHODS
PPFF
Google Wallet
Square Cash
Check

Kimber74

Postby Kimber74 » Wed Oct 08, 2014

silverstacker wrote:
Kimber74 wrote:Did some trading with some members on BS and went from a Silver pure Stack to...adding 3 ounces of Gold! Feels great to finally have some Gold.

Nice! Looks like a good variety too

Thanks! I have to thank the members. I told them I was not very educated on Gold and they took care of me. Now that I have done some research, I know they're outstanding members here on BS.
"I am the Punishment of God...if you had not Committed Great Sins, God would not have sent a Punishment like Me Upon You."

Townes
Gold Supporter

Postby Townes » Wed Oct 08, 2014

Get ya' some old US pre-1933, you'll get hooked. Those $10 Indian Eagles are My faves!

Kimber74

Postby Kimber74 » Wed Oct 08, 2014

Townes wrote:Get ya' some old US pre-1933, you'll get hooked. Those $10 Indian Eagles are My faves!

I had a member school me on those also...I will keep an eye out!

The Bonehead

Postby The Bonehead » Tue Nov 04, 2014

I purchased this a while ago, as noted in the thread, for $230 and I didn't really look at it much. I was going to put up a trade for silver here, but as I looked at the coin with more detail and compared to PCGS photograde and heritage auctions, I think it is in the low MS range.

:clap:

I may get it graded at some point. Or heck, maybe I'll start a new series.

photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG (30.9 KiB) Viewed 1863 times

photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG (28.1 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
ImageImageImage

str8flexed

Postby str8flexed » Fri Nov 14, 2014

Went to the local LCS for the first time today, picked up a 2002 1/4 AGE for $315. This is my first gold coin (usually buy bars), and I think I'm hooked now. Was going to get a maple for $5 cheaper, but the AGE looked much better in my eyes. Figured I got a pretty good deal as I got it for about $20 over spot at the time.

DeLorean Boy

Postby DeLorean Boy » Fri Jan 16, 2015

Just came in the mail today!

Definately prettier to look at than bars!

scumbag

Postby scumbag » Sat Jan 31, 2015

The Bonehead wrote:I purchased this a while ago, as noted in the thread, for $230 and I didn't really look at it much. I was going to put up a trade for silver here, but as I looked at the coin with more detail and compared to PCGS photograde and heritage auctions, I think it is in the low MS range.

:clap:

I may get it graded at some point. Or heck, maybe I'll start a new series.

photo 2 (2).JPG

photo 1 (2).JPG

Sweet! Definatly a toss up between my #1 and #2 favorate coins of all time. Nice piece.
Previously known as QuinnG

scumbag

Postby scumbag » Sat Jan 31, 2015

This my cause some waves for this post but I cant contain it any longer.
I got one how about you?
Attachments
Soooo sweeet!!!.jpg
Soooo sweeet!!!.jpg (124.68 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Previously known as QuinnG

javits100

Postby javits100 » Sat Jan 31, 2015

QuinnG wrote:This my cause some waves for this post but I cant contain it any longer.
I got one how about you?

Waves? I think libs are cool and I haven't really heard any negatives about them in here. I vote congrats on a nice coin :thumbup:
ImageImage

rjbeck
Silver Supporter

Postby rjbeck » Thu Feb 05, 2015

javits100 wrote:
QuinnG wrote:This my cause some waves for this post but I cant contain it any longer.
I got one how about you?

Waves? I think libs are cool and I haven't really heard any negatives about them in here. I vote congrats on a nice coin :thumbup:[/quote

Hey did you get the 22kt 19.5" 59.2 grams. I've been looking at that for a long time and would love to get it
TEMPUS FUGIT

javits100

Postby javits100 » Thu Feb 05, 2015

rjbeck wrote:
javits100 wrote:
I got one how about you?

Waves? I think libs are cool and I haven't really heard any negatives about them in here. I vote congrats on a nice coin :thumbup:

Hey did you get the 22kt 19.5" 59.2 grams. I've been looking at that for a long time and would love to get it[/quote]

No I missed out. I was hoping to get a bigger dip in spot and they sold out before I pulled the trigger. I shop often from SGB but haven't seen them have any chains in stock in a while. I could prob find one elsewhere but haven't put the effort in.
ImageImage

SilverStacker420

Postby SilverStacker420 » Fri Feb 06, 2015

My craigslist ad finally paid off! Wednesday I was able to snag two 2.5 G Pamp bars for 210 total and the guy gave me a 40% Kennedy.

So far best purchase ive been able to snag from cragslist.

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Fri Feb 06, 2015

SilverStacker420 wrote:My craigslist ad finally paid off! Wednesday I was able to snag two 2.5 G Pamp bars for 210 total and the guy gave me a 40% Kennedy.

Id check those pamp for fakes. CL is flooded with them

Read here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18975

brian0918

Postby brian0918 » Fri Feb 06, 2015

Preludedude wrote:
SilverStacker420 wrote:My craigslist ad finally paid off! Wednesday I was able to snag two 2.5 G Pamp bars for 210 total and the guy gave me a 40% Kennedy.

Id check those pamp for fakes. CL is flooded with them

Read here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18975

+1. I'm too afraid of getting scammed to buy anything sealed in plastic that's not from a reputable source. Even if the packaging looks alright, I'd still crack it open and test them.

Hope you got his license plate.

SilverStacker420

Postby SilverStacker420 » Fri Feb 06, 2015

brian0918 wrote:
+1. I'm too afraid of getting scammed to buy anything sealed in plastic that's not from a reputable source. Even if the packaging looks alright, I'd still crack it open and test them.

Hope you got his license plate.

The guy I purchased them from actually lives three blocks down on the same street I do. I compared them to the pamp bars ive bought from members on here and they weight exactly the same. Do you think its still necessary to crack one open and do an acid test?

Altima

Postby Altima » Fri Feb 06, 2015

Would be worthwhile having a precious metal verifier there
"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

Return to “Burgers and Beers”