Natural Remedies, Cures, Old Fashioned Ideas from Grandma.....

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
mnymgr1

Natural Remedies, Cures, Old Fashioned Ideas from Grandma.....

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018

There could be a few members who lean toward home healthcare, natural remedies and shy away from Dr.'s and the established healthcare world. With that Idea, thought we could start a thread about what works for you & your family, what doesn't and what intrigues you in natural remedies but haven't tried yet.

If you are offering up an idea you use regularly or are going to give a try, please give the idea a name / title on the first line inside the post in all CAPS....much easier to skim thru posts when looking for something to try out.

We all know that none, or nearly none of us, are medical professionals. This information is what we try ourselves with our families that we feel work. This is in no way an alternative to professional medical help when your medical situation is in bad shape. Seek help quickly if that is the case.
Newbie Guidelines ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5335
www.cashbackmonitor.com to find the best cashback %
'EC' stands for Engelhard Corporation

mnymgr1

Does this cleanse work ?

Postby mnymgr1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018

GALLBLADDER CLEANSING

https://myculturedpalate.com/gallbladde ... o-surgery/

With all of my current stomach issues lately, I've been trying out a few natural remedies.
Not much luck so far unfortunately.
I figure I have an ulcer at this point but also aware other things could be going on.
Hope springs eternal and I am going to try the 6 day cleanse above next week.
Unless someone here says to not do it :|
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Found another site, same basic recipe, but with green pics of gallstones, believe this is how most come out
Not really gross in any way to me but maybe NSFW.
https://www.davidwolfe.com/liver-gallbl ... -protocol/
Last edited by mnymgr1 on Thu Jul 19, 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Purple and Gold

Re: Does this cleanse work ?

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Jul 18, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:GALLBLADDER CLEANSING

https://myculturedpalate.com/gallbladde ... o-surgery/

With all of my current stomach issues lately, I've been trying out a few natural remedies.
Not much luck so far unfortunately.
I figure I have an ulcer at this point but also aware other things could be going on.
Hope springs eternal and I am going to try the 6 day cleanse above next week.
Unless someone here says to not do it :|

I have read that a lot of stomach problems are due to "bad" bacteria from the foods we love to eat. I forget what the bad bacteria's scientific name is. I have been drinking low sodium Chicken bone broth and eating lots of fermented (pickled) foods and i feel better. Pickled okra is my favorite
ImageImageImage

Brick's
Supporter

Re: Natural Remedies, Cures, Old Fashioned Ideas from Grandma.....

Postby Brick's » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Stick with the pickled foods and consider cutting back or omitting the chicken bone broth due to lead contamination:

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-c ... one-broth/

Otherwise, eat more garlic to help fight infections and virus (colds and flu).
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Brick's wrote:Stick with the pickled foods and consider cutting back or omitting the chicken bone broth due to lead contamination:

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-c ... one-broth/

wow, i wasnt aware of the lead contamination, thanks!
The one i have been drinking says " organic" :roll: but i guess that doesnt mean much.
Food is kinda scary these days :cry:
ImageImageImage

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Wed Jul 18, 2018

Brick's wrote:

+1 on garlic. Eat it raw during flu season. Amazing how many foods have natural antibacterial and anti inflammatory qualities.

Buckwheat honey is one we use a lot. Works miracles for little ones’ coughs too. Just don’t give it to infants
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Wed Jul 18, 2018

....SULFUR FOR PERSONAL PESTICIDE....
Put small amounts of powdered sulfur between teeth and lip like skoal. Once it's absorbed into you body, it'll keep ticks, chiggars and mosquitoes away.*

*your sweat, flatulence and other body emissions will wreak of rotten eggs
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Wed Jul 18, 2018

AGhead wrote:....SULFUR FOR PERSONAL PESTICIDE....
Put small amounts of powdered sulfur between teeth and lip like skoal. Once it's absorbed into you body, it'll keep ticks, chiggars and mosquitoes away.*

Does it make you popular at parties?
ImageImageImage

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Wed Jul 18, 2018

DRP270 wrote:
AGhead wrote:....SULFUR FOR PERSONAL PESTICIDE....

Does it make you popular at parties?

Uh oh, thread hi-jack...sorry Mr. John. You're only popular as a proximity residual bug repellent emitter.
Once you end the sulfur intake, the odor takes several days to fully emit from the body. Clothes will stink for several washings, over a month.
FYI, an old timer tree logger told me he practiced using this for years in the log woods. He did not reveal a dosage.
I highly recommend lower doses than I used :|
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

blevdawgAg47

Postby blevdawgAg47 » Wed Jul 18, 2018

I had a hard time with pollen allergies this year. Remembered gramma talking about honey for allergies and sore throats. Ate some raw, unfiltered honey. No more allergy symptoms and it's delicious!
ImageImageImage

Recluse
Gold Supporter

Postby Recluse » Wed Jul 18, 2018

blevdawgAg47 wrote:I had a hard time with pollen allergies this year. Remembered gramma talking about honey for allergies and sore throats. Ate some raw, unfiltered honey. No more allergy symptoms and it's delicious!

Some say it is even better if you can source honey locally from someone who keeps bees near your home
ImageImage

mnymgr1

Postby mnymgr1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018

VICKS - TO STOP COUGHS ESPECIALLY IN KIDS

Been using this one for years now with both of my kids.
Rub some Vicks Vaporub on the bottom of their feet, soft part in middle.
They can do it themselves if they are too ticklish. We'd usually throw on socks before bed too.

Voila, coughing from colds, allergies and flu magically stop within minutes, absolutely no reason why this should work but it does.
I still use it myself and it works as well.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Thu Jul 19, 2018

mnymgr1 wrote:VICKS - TO STOP COUGHS ESPECIALLY IN KIDS

Been using this one for years now with both of my kids.
Rub some Vicks Vaporub on the bottom of their feet, soft part in middle.
They can do it themselves if they are too ticklish. We'd usually throw on socks before bed too.

Voila, coughing from colds, allergies and flu magically stop within minutes, absolutely no reason why this should work but it does.
I still use it myself and it works as well.

We use this on our kids as well, it does help
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

everything

Postby everything » Fri Jul 20, 2018

Eat food grown in good dirt. Look out into nature, what are the animals eating. They are either eating live foods, or mostly fresh kill. Fasting is an awesome way to rest the gut. For an ulcer I recommend Aloe mixed with water, sip throughout the day, and alkalizing. Although the stomach is bathed in HCL, it's also the fastest healing organ in the body, it has to be, although digestion begins in the mouth, the stomach gets the minerals and nutrients ready for absorption, your not what you eat, your what you absorb, the goodness of which is needed for healing and keeping healthy overall. I know all about the GB/Liver flushes, Hulda Clark first wrote a book on it, Andreas Moritz perfected the protocol in a book he wrote. Their are gentler ways of cleansing the liver. And, the liver is important, it's a tough organ, but now pancreas and liver cancer are on the rise, hmmm.

Gut issues are tough, you've got about 8 organs all connected together working in concerto. If you want to contact me to talk about gut stuff, feel free. I've been attending health summits for years. Specifically gut as 80% of the immune system is the gut, America is capital of the world for auto-immune illness, so you tell me, what's wrong with most people?

A good broth recipe, for healing up the gut is brasco broth. But it has to be done in stages. I mean why bother if your just eating healing and cutting out inflammatory foods. I started making broth in small batches, now I make it by the gallons and freeze it, just picked up another stainless ten quart kettle at a garage sale, although I've graduated up to about a 4 gallon unit now. Sourcing good meat and bones for broth is tough, I typically buy from the Amish, but some locals are up on feeding their animals cleaner inputs, water I'm not seeing that so much yet. Heavy metals like to accumulate in bones, and with the industrial age we spread the metal far and wide it's thick on our topsoils now, in the water, water tables, and the ocean is even becoming acidic, even China didn't completely stop with leaded gasoline until 2001. The only safe fish I will eat anymore is North Atlantic.

A good healing book is called nourishing broth by Sally Fallon, but their are many. A patient advocate wanted my opinion on Steven Gundry, so I've been listening to him allot lately, he's right on the money. I like his saying, It's easier to learn what not to eat, than it is to learn what to eat. I especially enjoyed this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoyLBCi-KxA

I wish I knew how to sell garlic or market it, I harvested 600 garlic plants out of my garden this year. I make black garlic too, I guess I'll have to store it up somewhere and go for a bigger crop next year, why not. Still I'll put allot away, you can slice it thin, dry it and it will keep for years.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Fri Jul 20, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:<snip> wow, I wasn't aware of the lead contamination, thanks!
The one I have been drinking says "organic" :roll: but I guess that doesn't mean much.

Organic label means much less than it used to. Big Agra via the USDA stole the "Organic" label from the decentralized regional and state organizations that invented and ran it. Now you can irradiate to increase the shelf life and grow food on sewage sludge and still keep the "Organic" label. This was done to protect us, and add uniformity and consistency to the regulations governing. Oh, and the price for the label was jacked up to push the little guys out.

Another perfect example of American Fascism. Apologies for going off thread.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, . . ." Credited to Goebbles.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Jul 20, 2018

Brick's wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:<snip> wow, I wasn't aware of the lead contamination, thanks!
The one I have been drinking says "organic" :roll: but I guess that doesn't mean much.

Organic label means much less than it used to. Big Agra via the USDA stole the "Organic" label from the decentralized regional and state organizations that invented and ran it. Now you can irradiate to increase the shelf life and grow food on sewage sludge and still keep the "Organic" label. This was done to protect us, and add uniformity and consistency to the regulations governing. Oh, and the price for the label was jacked up to push the little guys out.

Another perfect example of American Fascism. Apologies for going off thread.

I have decided that Im going to stop eating to save my life!
ImageImageImage

apdigs8

Postby apdigs8 » Fri Jul 20, 2018

Agree with water fasting. Check out science and fine art of fasting by Herbert shelton.
Also prevention is key. I stick to low fat low salt high carb foods.staples are
Potatoes
Rice
Banana

But when in tropics more like mango nana papaya jakfruit oranges

Anyway I recommend growing your own food as much as u can. Food production is real start to sovereignty imo.

Now am feasting on watermelons and grapes

And I recommend eat as much fruit n veggies for breakfast as u can
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies soon will be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson ( 1778 )

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Jul 20, 2018

apdigs8 wrote:Agree with water fasting. Check out science and fine art of fasting by Herbert shelton.
Also prevention is key. I stick to low fat low salt high carb foods.staples are
Potatoes
Rice
Banana

But when in tropics more like mango nana papaya jakfruit oranges

Anyway I recommend growing your own food as much as u can. Food production is real start to sovereignty imo.

Now am feasting on watermelons and grapes

And I recommend eat as much fruit n veggies for breakfast as u can

Sometimes i do fast to try to cleanse and reset. Last time i made it 3 days with absolutely no food intake. :shock:
I like the watermelon and grapes idea, i have both in my fridge right now :P Love m ome watermelon.
Last edited by Purple and Gold on Fri Jul 20, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

jareksdad

Postby jareksdad » Fri Jul 20, 2018

blevdawgAg47 wrote:I had a hard time with pollen allergies this year. Remembered gramma talking about honey for allergies and sore throats. Ate some raw, unfiltered honey. No more allergy symptoms and it's delicious!

I've been eating raw local honey sourced about 10 mins from my house for 2 yrs now every morning in my oatmeal and just had the worst allergy season u can remember!!! I put a good amount in every morning too. I've read and heard a lot about thee benefits of raw local honey but maybe just not for me.
I do believe strongly in ACV too.
D

apdigs8

Postby apdigs8 » Fri Jul 20, 2018

Have fasted on only water for 13 days once after eating only raw fruits for weeks before.
And did another 14 day water fast. Both in kenya. My body is full o toxins now, hoping to go for 28 days in next year
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies soon will be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson ( 1778 )

Return to “Burgers and Beers”