smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
User avatar
Silverkid
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014
Location: Indy

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby Silverkid » Mon Sep 30, 2019

A funny joke i guess, but that cartoon perfectly expresses the degree of ignorance that the general public has on the issue.
This is a plant; all extracts are fully plant-based natural remedies. Do many still use it to “get high?” Absolutely. What big pharma doesn’t want you to know is how effective it can be to treat pain, anxiety, and even kill cancer cells.
If you think alcohol is ok, and that cannabis is not, there is a bias there. Education is key
Zelle, square cash, PPFF if we have to. Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks.
Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3602
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby BarsandStars » Mon Sep 30, 2019

tdtwedt wrote:Miley Cyrus-Backed Cannabis Cafe Brings Amsterdam to Hollywood

America’s first lounge to allow consuming cannabis opens on Monday in West Hollywood. It’s called the Lowell Cafe, and brings a bit of Amsterdam to the U.S. with a fancy name.

For the first time in the country, customers will legally be able to order pot as if it were a bottle of wine -- and that in fact is the upscale analogue its owners are aiming for. The pot can be smoked in pre-rolled joints or vaped.


https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/miley-cyrus ... -1.1323335

Do you get herpes if you smoke Miley Cyrus trees?
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

silverpv
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby silverpv » Sat Oct 05, 2019

Silverkid wrote:A funny joke i guess, but that cartoon perfectly expresses the degree of ignorance that the general public has on the issue.
This is a plant; all extracts are fully plant-based natural remedies. Do many still use it to “get high?” Absolutely. What big pharma doesn’t want you to know is how effective it can be to treat pain, anxiety, and even kill cancer cells.
If you think alcohol is ok, and that cannabis is not, there is a bias there. Education is key



We’re educated of the side effects of pharmaceuticals which include nausea, anxiety, liver/kidney failure, restlessness, joint pain, etc etc. I had those side effects hit me and so I moved to plant based food and plant based medicine. I was able to reduce my medications from 5 to 1. This plant did wonders for me. Keep in mind how many pharmacies there are too. They can do a lot of damage by with people continuing to take pills as the answer to their medical issues. There’s an opioid epidemic for a reason.

I agree with you education is key. I make greendragon tincture for my dad who has prostate cancer. I’ll find out in a few months if the growth has gone down

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 6121
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Oct 05, 2019

Some of you guys like to harp on how dangerous alcohol is when compared to pot. But your comparison is unbalanced because you fail to make the distinction between the use of alcohol in moderation versus overuse... i.e. drunkenness.
Alcohol can be used in moderation with no harm done.
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html
Image

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

User avatar
Silverkid
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014
Location: Indy

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby Silverkid » Sat Oct 05, 2019

fredzoyt wrote:Some of you guys like to harp on how dangerous alcohol is when compared to pot. But your comparison is unbalanced because you fail to make the distinction between the use of alcohol in moderation versus overuse... i.e. drunkenness.
Alcohol can be used in moderation with no harm done.

I think this misconception is pretty common.
Alcohol is harmful to the body in small amounts, and for MANY people is hard to only consume small amounts. “No such thing as one beer” etc
Zelle, square cash, PPFF if we have to. Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks.
Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

User avatar
gramcracker
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016
Location: Southern WV

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby gramcracker » Sat Oct 05, 2019

Silverkid wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:Some of you guys like to harp on how dangerous alcohol is when compared to pot. But your comparison is unbalanced because you fail to make the distinction between the use of alcohol in moderation versus overuse... i.e. drunkenness.
Alcohol can be used in moderation with no harm done.

I think this misconception is pretty common.
Alcohol is harmful to the body in small amounts, and for MANY people is hard to only consume small amounts. “No such thing as one beer” etc



I agree with both of you. There is no single right answer for everyone. Happily we get to choose the right answer for ourselves. There may be mistakes on that journey, but isn't that how we learn?
Don't believe everything you think.

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 6121
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Oct 05, 2019

Silverkid wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:Some of you guys like to harp on how dangerous alcohol is when compared to pot. But your comparison is unbalanced because you fail to make the distinction between the use of alcohol in moderation versus overuse... i.e. drunkenness.
Alcohol can be used in moderation with no harm done.

I think this misconception is pretty common.
Alcohol is harmful to the body in small amounts, and for MANY people is hard to only consume small amounts. “No such thing as one beer” etc


I think you should do a little more research on this and not think of moderation only in terms of recreational use. Think health instead.

I'm not a drinker... at all. In fact other than the possibility of it being in some cold medicine or a recipe, I haven't had a drop in over 30 yrs. But it certainly CAN have "some" medicinal/therapeutic value. I'll let you research it.

dave
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html
Image

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

User avatar
Silverkid
Gold Supporter
Posts: 1271
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014
Location: Indy

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby Silverkid » Sat Oct 05, 2019

fredzoyt wrote:
Silverkid wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:Some of you guys like to harp on how dangerous alcohol is when compared to pot. But your comparison is unbalanced because you fail to make the distinction between the use of alcohol in moderation versus overuse... i.e. drunkenness.
Alcohol can be used in moderation with no harm done.

I think this misconception is pretty common.
Alcohol is harmful to the body in small amounts, and for MANY people is hard to only consume small amounts. “No such thing as one beer” etc


I think you should do a little more research on this and not think of moderation only in terms of recreational use. Think health instead.

I'm not a drinker... at all. In fact other than the possibility of it being in some cold medicine or a recipe, I haven't had a drop in over 30 yrs. But it certainly CAN have "some" medicinal/therapeutic value. I'll let you research it.

dave
.

If I didn’t have an actual argument with something to back it up, I’d likely stay out of the discussion... no way I’d sit here self-righteously and say “I’ll let you look it up.”
The kids would say “you got something to say, then say it”
Zelle, square cash, PPFF if we have to. Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks.
Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 6121
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Oct 05, 2019

Silverkid wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:
Silverkid wrote:
fredzoyt wrote:Some of you guys like to harp on how dangerous alcohol is when compared to pot. But your comparison is unbalanced because you fail to make the distinction between the use of alcohol in moderation versus overuse... i.e. drunkenness.
Alcohol can be used in moderation with no harm done.

I think this misconception is pretty common.
Alcohol is harmful to the body in small amounts, and for MANY people is hard to only consume small amounts. “No such thing as one beer” etc


I think you should do a little more research on this and not think of moderation only in terms of recreational use. Think health instead.

I'm not a drinker... at all. In fact other than the possibility of it being in some cold medicine or a recipe, I haven't had a drop in over 30 yrs. But it certainly CAN have "some" medicinal/therapeutic value. I'll let you research it.

dave
.

If I didn’t have an actual argument with something to back it up, I’d likely stay out of the discussion... no way I’d sit here self-righteously and say “I’ll let you look it up.”
The kids would say “you got something to say, then say it”


Let me make sure I understand you. Are you saying alcohol can only be harmful in any amount?
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html
Image

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

everything
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby everything » Sat Oct 05, 2019

Yes it is harmful in any amount but don't even try to hash out whether drinking is bad or good in any amount, especially with anyone who does drink alcohol. I know many people who maybe had one drink in their life, didn't like it and never will try it again.
https://time.com/5376552/how-much-alcoh ... ink-study/

User avatar
fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter
Posts: 6121
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009
Location: Manassas,VA
Contact:

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Oct 05, 2019

okay, you guys win. since the experts say it I stand corrected.
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html
Image

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

User avatar
MaxGravy
Site Admin
Posts: 16767
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009
Location: FEMA Region VI

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby MaxGravy » Sun Oct 06, 2019

fredzoyt wrote:okay, you guys win. since the experts say it I stand corrected.


How many people die each year from alcohol? ~88,000

How many people die each year from cannabis? 0

https://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html
I'm clearly not very bright.

Purple and Gold
Posts: 9274
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby Purple and Gold » Sun Oct 06, 2019

There is Use and then there's Abuse
Alcohol took my baby sister away from us :(
ImageImageImage

silverpv
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby silverpv » Wed Oct 09, 2019

Purple and Gold wrote:There is Use and then there's Abuse
Alcohol took my baby sister away from us :(


Sorry for your loss.

I don’t think this is an argument of either/or. Red wine is good for heart health in moderation. But abuse of anything can be bad.

I think the main issue is more that cannabis is not legal, yet it is a very beneficial plant to many people on the planet. It is well known throughout history but was taken away for political reasons not health reasons.

I think if you want to cut down on pharmaceuticals with a plant that you can grow, it’s worth a shot if it’s legal in your area and you suffer from issues that cannabis might be able to help with. It’s not for everyone, like some people are allergic to alcohol, but for many it’s helpful

Purple and Gold
Posts: 9274
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Oct 09, 2019

I saw an Ollie's discount store sales ad yesterday and they are advertising CBD ointments for sale :shock:
I want to try some for my aches and pains, I might even turn Mom on to some :lol:
ImageImageImage

silverpv
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby silverpv » Wed Oct 09, 2019

Purple and Gold wrote:I saw an Ollie's discount store sales ad yesterday and they are advertising CBD ointments for sale :shock:
I want to try some for my aches and pains, I might even turn Mom on to some :lol:


You have to watch out for those. Many times they don’t have a significant amount of cbd and it is using dirty cbd isolate from China that was not grown organically and may have some bad particulates. The problem right now is how difficult it is to find quality products.

Purple and Gold
Posts: 9274
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Oct 09, 2019

silverpv wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:I saw an Ollie's discount store sales ad yesterday and they are advertising CBD ointments for sale :shock:
I want to try some for my aches and pains, I might even turn Mom on to some :lol:


You have to watch out for those. Many times they don’t have a significant amount of cbd and it is using dirty cbd isolate from China that was not grown organically and may have some bad particulates. The problem right now is how difficult it is to find quality products.


Thank you!
Ive never even seen CBD before and know nothing about it. Its called Holus brand? 3 oz for $15.99 and I think it said a potency of 400 mg CBD? It Says made in the USA

We visited Seattle about 15 yrs ago and they were selling some type of MJ oil in the outdoor market there, so its been around for a while. My wife tried a sample and liked it.
ImageImageImage

silverpv
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby silverpv » Wed Oct 09, 2019

Purple and Gold wrote:
silverpv wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:I saw an Ollie's discount store sales ad yesterday and they are advertising CBD ointments for sale :shock:
I want to try some for my aches and pains, I might even turn Mom on to some :lol:


You have to watch out for those. Many times they don’t have a significant amount of cbd and it is using dirty cbd isolate from China that was not grown organically and may have some bad particulates. The problem right now is how difficult it is to find quality products.


Thank you!
Ive never even seen CBD before and know nothing about it. Its called Holus brand? 3 oz for $15.99 and I think it said a potency of 400 mg CBD? It Says made in the USA

We visited Seattle about 15 yrs ago and they were selling some type of MJ oil in the outdoor market there, so its been around for a while. My wife tried a sample and liked it.



That is super cheap. I have not heard of Holus brand but if they’ve been selling it for that long it’s likely it’s hempseed oil vs cbd oil. Cbd didn’t become legal until the farm bill 2018 from my understanding.

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/is-cbd-le ... b4a0ed42df

In either case if it’s working for you/wife then I’m glad it help you. You can never be too careful when it comes to things you consume, then again the food we eat!

Purple and Gold
Posts: 9274
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Oct 09, 2019

silverpv wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:
silverpv wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:I saw an Ollie's discount store sales ad yesterday and they are advertising CBD ointments for sale :shock:
I want to try some for my aches and pains, I might even turn Mom on to some :lol:


You have to watch out for those. Many times they don’t have a significant amount of cbd and it is using dirty cbd isolate from China that was not grown organically and may have some bad particulates. The problem right now is how difficult it is to find quality products.


Thank you!
Ive never even seen CBD before and know nothing about it. Its called Holus brand? 3 oz for $15.99 and I think it said a potency of 400 mg CBD? It Says made in the USA

We visited Seattle about 15 yrs ago and they were selling some type of MJ oil in the outdoor market there, so its been around for a while. My wife tried a sample and liked it.



That is super cheap. I have not heard of Holus brand but if they’ve been selling it for that long it’s likely it’s hempseed oil vs cbd oil. Cbd didn’t become legal until the farm bill 2018 from my understanding.

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/is-cbd-le ... b4a0ed42df

In either case if it’s working for you/wife then I’m glad it help you. You can never be too careful when it comes to things you consume, then again the food we eat!


No, ive never tried any before, i was just saying i saw it advertised at a over stock discount store here, they really have great deals. I was wondering if you had ever heard of this brand. Im going to buy a tube to see whats up..
The wife tried some kind of cream in Seattle years ago, I didnt and she never tried it again as it just became legal here.
ImageImageImage

silverpv
Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015
Location: Los Angeles

Re: smoking, dap, vape, eatables, concentrates

Postby silverpv » Wed Oct 09, 2019

Purple and Gold wrote:
silverpv wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:
silverpv wrote:
Purple and Gold wrote:I saw an Ollie's discount store sales ad yesterday and they are advertising CBD ointments for sale :shock:
I want to try some for my aches and pains, I might even turn Mom on to some :lol:


You have to watch out for those. Many times they don’t have a significant amount of cbd and it is using dirty cbd isolate from China that was not grown organically and may have some bad particulates. The problem right now is how difficult it is to find quality products.


Thank you!
Ive never even seen CBD before and know nothing about it. Its called Holus brand? 3 oz for $15.99 and I think it said a potency of 400 mg CBD? It Says made in the USA

We visited Seattle about 15 yrs ago and they were selling some type of MJ oil in the outdoor market there, so its been around for a while. My wife tried a sample and liked it.



That is super cheap. I have not heard of Holus brand but if they’ve been selling it for that long it’s likely it’s hempseed oil vs cbd oil. Cbd didn’t become legal until the farm bill 2018 from my understanding.

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/is-cbd-le ... b4a0ed42df

In either case if it’s working for you/wife then I’m glad it help you. You can never be too careful when it comes to things you consume, then again the food we eat!


No, ive never tried any before, i was just saying i saw it advertised at a over stock discount store here, they really have great deals. I was wondering if you had ever heard of this brand. Im going to buy a tube to see whats up..
The wife tried some kind of cream in Seattle years ago, I didnt and she never tried it again as it just became legal here.


My bad, if they have select S they are usually quality


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests