ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Racist Tweet

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
tdtwedt
Gold Supporter

Re: ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Racist Tweet

Postby tdtwedt » Wed May 30, 2018

There are more ways than one to skin a cat.

rktect

Postby rktect » Wed May 30, 2018

iron-pyrite wrote:Kill her off in the show!

+1

I thought it would be better to have her do something on the show that lands her in prison. Then some therapy sessions etc etc you know, like real life stuff maybe a road rage incident where she says very off color <bleeped out> Stuff and ends up in an accident. Goes to a few months of prison then introspective therapy where she has to confront her racism
"Less is more." Ludwig Meis van der Rohe
to which Wright replied
"Less is more where more is no good." Frank Lloyd Wright

Kutzy
Turtle Supporter

Postby Kutzy » Wed May 30, 2018

I'm glad, maybe we finally have a precedent for getting rid of people who make blatantly racist tweets. ABC and ESPN are under the same umbrella, maybe they will be forced to relook st how many racist things they have let go by the commentators at other stations throughout the Disney umbrella.

I highly doubt it, yet at least we are able to call a spade a spade at this point with irrefutable evidence.
I accept payment through Dwolla, PPG, check or money order. Accommodation available for international orders as well.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Wed May 30, 2018

So why wasn't Hollywood equally as appalled by Michelle Wolf's speech at the WH. Correspondents’ dinner? Oh wait! I know why: because MW was just joking around, right?

Funny how self righteous people become while a double standard stares them right in the face.

Dave
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

mtforpar

Postby mtforpar » Wed May 30, 2018

The double standard is quite evident. However, we cannot hold ourselves to the standard that other people do wrong things so our wrong things should be overlooked. This statement standing alone on its own merit was ridiculous and offensive. Others have been noted in previous posts as ridiculous and offensive also. They were. The fact that they are overlooked should not factor into the disdain for what she said.
Take advantage of Mr Rebates and get cash back on tons of Internet purchases. It works, it really works!!! Hit the link below and you are on your way and you will also receive a $5 bonus for signing up.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=395845

Don't miss out on Free Cash for everyday purchases.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

mtforpar wrote:The double standard is quite evident. However, we cannot hold ourselves to the standard that other people do wrong things so our wrong things should be overlooked. This statement standing alone on its own merit was ridiculous and offensive. Others have been noted in previous posts as ridiculous and offensive also. They were. The fact that they are overlooked should not factor into the disdain for what she said.

I'm with ya totally. What she tweeted was wrong. It's just difficult for me to stomach her condemnation coming from her peers-- namely other celebrities. Kettle calling the pot black kind a thing without an acknowledgment of it's own depravity or complicity in perpetuating the problem.
Last edited by fredzoyt on Wed May 30, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed May 30, 2018

mtforpar wrote:The double standard is quite evident. However, we cannot hold ourselves to the standard that other people do wrong things so our wrong things should be overlooked. This statement standing alone on its own merit was ridiculous and offensive. Others have been noted in previous posts as ridiculous and offensive also. They were. The fact that they are overlooked should not factor into the disdain for what she said.

This is exactly correct. The question becomes how do you play a game of political intrigue where the rules are "x" for one side and "y" for another and still try to win? It is akin to trying to fight a war following every Geneva Convention condition while the enemy completely ignores it and uses children as human shields. Good luck winning.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

MaryB

Postby MaryB » Wed May 30, 2018

joefro wrote:
vanquish wrote:I'm sorry, I thought the evolutionists believe we all descended from apes? If that is the case is it any more racist to compare a black person to an ape than a white person or yellow or brown? The liberals have too many upsetting things to keep track of.

Oh give me a break. I’m no liberal, but even I know it’s been racist to call a black person an ape for over 100 years. It’s about as racist of a comment you can make. Trying to say it’s a liberal “PC” issue or something only liberals are offended by just shows how far people go to put things in a partisan light these days. Sad.

You do realize VJ is very white skinned, heck I am darker skinned than she is! And MANY didn't know she was half African something(and there ARE white skinned people in Africa around the med sea). Heck I didn't know! She looks WHITE.

MaryB

Postby MaryB » Wed May 30, 2018

In Roseanne's entire 65 year life nobody has accused her of racism. Now 1 tweet makes her a KKK racist to the left. Sorry but no it desn't. It was a stupid tweet done while on Ambien which has KNOWN side effects of making you do things your conscious would normally say no to.

I am so tired of the left screaming racism when the dem party is the party of the KKK and the modern welfare slave plantation!

iratebob

Postby iratebob » Wed May 30, 2018

Roseanne should have held up the bloody severed head of Valarie Jarrett. That's the stuff of real comediennes.

rktect

Postby rktect » Wed May 30, 2018

MaryB wrote:In Roseanne's entire 65 year life nobody has accused her of racism. Now 1 tweet makes her a KKK racist to the left. Sorry but no it desn't. It was a stupid tweet done while on Ambien which has KNOWN side effects of making you do things your conscious would normally say no to.

I am so tired of the left screaming racism when the dem party is the party of the KKK and the modern welfare slave plantation!

I won't defend Barr but I can tell you from personal experience that Ambian can really mess you up. I was on it for about 2-3 nights and had weird thoughts and was very irritable and nasty. Told my doctor that I would never use it again and I was better off not sleeping very well (due to my RLS) and acting normal if even tired and sluggish. A friend of mine was married for thirty years, happily. Met the family many times. Had meals with them many times. His wife started taking Ambian and they separated six months later and she filed for divorce. He said he didn't even recognize her anymore.

Ambian. Stay away from it.
"Less is more." Ludwig Meis van der Rohe
to which Wright replied
"Less is more where more is no good." Frank Lloyd Wright

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Wed May 30, 2018

MaryB wrote: It was a stupid tweet done while on Ambien which has KNOWN side effects of making you do things your conscious would normally say no to.

Ambien responds:

Sanofi, who makes Ambien, tweeted a response Wednesday morning: "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 654683002/

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Wed May 30, 2018

Roseanne Barr, 2018: I apologize for comparing Valerie Jarrett, a black woman, to an ape. I should have known better. Forgive me—my joke was in bad taste

Roseanne Barr, 2013: I apologize for comparing Susan Rice, a black woman, to an ape. I should have known be
pic.twitter.com/P10YtYH9Sc

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 4b3cb8a2b9

It doesn't seem that she blamed Ambien back in 2013. :roll:

Kutzy
Turtle Supporter

Postby Kutzy » Wed May 30, 2018

Ambien is a strange drug. I would lose hours out of my day because of it. Take it and head to bed, except by body decided to keep on living while my brain was sleeping.

I did all kinds of things that I have zero recollection because of this drug. Glad I'm off all pills now. They mess the body, mind and spirit up.
I accept payment through Dwolla, PPG, check or money order. Accommodation available for international orders as well.

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Wed May 30, 2018

MaryB wrote:You do realize VJ is very white skinned, heck I am darker skinned than she is! And MANY didn't know she was half African something(and there ARE white skinned people in Africa around the med sea). Heck I didn't know! She looks WHITE.

What the hell is the intention of this statement??
'She's not real dark, so Barr's statement isn't quite so bad'?
Very strange.

Ambien huh? She's been in and out of rehab at least three times.. for Ambien?
I'm thinking Ambien might be an alternative fact.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Thu May 31, 2018

What Roseanne tweeted was not racist. If you think its racist then you are implying that black people look like monkeys. So actually youre the one thats racist. Either that or youre just virtue signaling.

Its also come to the surface that the show was cancelled only after long phone conversation between Michelle Obama and head at ABC.

This is exactly the kind of propaganda the left wants to churn out and atmosphere they want to create.

Former NSA director under Obama is now on the board at Netflix and is coming out with a series created by the Obamas.

Wake up people. 99% of people shouting "thats racist!" is a complete load of manure.

The bar for what is "racist" has been lowered below the floor.

4Ahau

Postby 4Ahau » Thu May 31, 2018

fredzoyt wrote:
vanquish wrote:I'm sorry, I thought the evolutionists believe we all descended from apes? If that is the case is it any more racist to compare a black person to an ape than a white person or yellow or brown? The liberals have too many upsetting things to keep track of.

Good points.

Disagree, not a good point. vanquish is mixing two separate items, and comparing them.

"evolutionists believe we all descended from apes"

Is much different than "compare a black person to an ape"

The former states life changes over a long time period.

The latter is a racist slur as it compares a modern human to a modern ape.
13.0.0.0.0 - 4. Ahau - 8. Cumku

ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu May 31, 2018

IDK but if i was Roseanne Barr i dont think I would be commenting on someone elses looks :?
Unless of course we were talking about Michelle O.
ImageImageImage

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Thu May 31, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:IDK but if i was Roseanne Barr i dont think I would be commenting on someone elses looks :?
Unless of course we were talking about Michelle O.

You can't talk about Michelle O., Not allowed...off limits!
(edited)
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Return to “Burgers and Beers”