ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Racist Tweet

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
jcz1

ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Racist Tweet

Postby jcz1 » Tue May 29, 2018

Well, that didn't last long. Sad.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” president of ABC Entertainment Channing Dungey announced in a statement Tuesday.

The backlash has been fierce after Barr, who has been outspoken in her support of President Donald Trump, tweeted a since-deleted attack on former Barack Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett, who is black, during a racist Twitter rant overnight Monday.

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby = vj,” she wrote, using Jarrett’s initials in response to a tweeted conspiracy theory about the Obama administration.

Barr also attacked Chelsea Clinton, tweeting a since-deleted lie that “she’s married to soros nephew,” referring to billionaire George Soros.

https://people.com/tv/abc-cancels-rosea ... ist-tweet/

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Re: ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Racist Tweet

Postby BotanicusRex » Tue May 29, 2018

Roseanne gives alt-right wackos a bad name.
At least she'll have plenty of time for another Betty Ford refresher course now.
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

MaryB

Postby MaryB » Tue May 29, 2018

While I disagree with posting something like that it was a good description LOL rude... designed to trigger the left... which it did of course.

joefro
Site Tech

Postby joefro » Tue May 29, 2018

I would think that calling a black person an ape is insulting regardless of political leanings.

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Tue May 29, 2018

IMHO.......THat show sucked the first time it was on. Not sure who thought it would be better this time around :roll:

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue May 29, 2018

I never even saw this new show, dont know a thing about it but wouldnt it have been easier to just cancel Roseanne Barr?
ImageImageImage

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Tue May 29, 2018

Kill her off in the show!

+1
ImageImageImage

vanquish
Gold Supporter

Postby vanquish » Tue May 29, 2018

I'm sorry, I thought the evolutionists believe we all descended from apes? If that is the case is it any more racist to compare a black person to an ape than a white person or yellow or brown? The liberals have too many upsetting things to keep track of.

Brick's
Supporter

Postby Brick's » Tue May 29, 2018

Maybe people will stop watching as much TV. Can only enhance their awareness levels. This is a good thing. I watched a portion of the new Roseanne recently out of curiosity. I had forgotten what "canned laughter" sounded like.
“Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the average man, he follows not reason, but faith, and the naive faith requires necessary illusion and emotionally potent oversimplifications which are provided by the myth-maker to keep ordinary person on course.”

― Reinhold Niebuhr, Moral Man and Immoral Society: Study in Ethics and Politics

Marchas45
Turtle Supporter

Postby Marchas45 » Tue May 29, 2018

She deserves all she gets. She was wrong. Period
Be Prepared Keep Stacking

Image ImageImage

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Tue May 29, 2018

vanquish wrote:I'm sorry, I thought the evolutionists believe we all descended from apes? If that is the case is it any more racist to compare a black person to an ape than a white person or yellow or brown? The liberals have too many upsetting things to keep track of.

Good points.
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Tue May 29, 2018

Dang the double standards! The leftists can say and do almost whatever. i.e., "pigs in blanket-fry 'em like bacon",
'gay pride this', black pride that'...but 'white pride"= RACIST, they demand that I completely tolerate their every choice- but I have no right to my contrary opinions, they claim human babies in the womb are just 'tissue', but demand banning guns to save one child, bans historical confederate flag because it 'rep's hate' while much rap music is hate speech, I can' hardly choose my religious belief but they're sure trying to impose atheism, calling D. Trump "orange man" or jokes about his skin color,..Ben Carson's a "Uncle Tom"...

Roseanne is wrong for her words!

There's a whole lot more wrong with this country than to say that a few individual's ignorant humor is "the" viewpoint.
(what few viewpoints I'm 'allowed' these days)
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

joefro
Site Tech

vanquish wrote:I'm sorry, I thought the evolutionists believe we all descended from apes? If that is the case is it any more racist to compare a black person to an ape than a white person or yellow or brown? The liberals have too many upsetting things to keep track of.

Oh give me a break. I’m no liberal, but even I know it’s been racist to call a black person an ape for over 100 years. It’s about as racist of a comment you can make. Trying to say it’s a liberal “PC” issue or something only liberals are offended by just shows how far people go to put things in a partisan light these days. Sad.

vanquish
Gold Supporter

Postby vanquish » Tue May 29, 2018

joefro wrote:

Oh give me a break. I’m no liberal, but even I know it’s been racist to call a black person an ape for over 100 years. It’s about as racist of a comment you can make. Trying to to say it’s a liberal “PC” or issue or something only liberals are offended by just shows how far people go to put things in a partisan light these days. Sad.

Joe, I have no beef with you, in fact I am a big fan of your posts. Also, I did not mean for my post to defend Rosanne as she means nothing to me. I am merely undefending liberals as I get sick of their whining, it's like a dying cat.

joefro
Site Tech

No worries, I have no beef with you either. Without going on a political tirade which I try very hard to avoid here at BS, I will just say that I believe political divisiveness and the two party system are THE BIGGEST problems our government faces these days. It is the reason nothing gets done in congress, the reason politicians spend 50% of their time campaigning and 100% of their time voting the party line instead of what they truly believe in, and the list goes on. It has created so much animosity in America these days. I was just hoping that when anyone on either side of the political spectrum says something so blatantly idiotic, that everyone could unite in condemnation instead of throwing stones across the isle.

jcz1

Postby jcz1 » Tue May 29, 2018

iron-pyrite wrote:Kill her off in the show!

+1

Someone suggested just replacing her in the role (with Rosie O'Donnell even, which would really upset Trump). There must be something in the contract to prevent such a thing.

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Wed May 30, 2018

That wasn't racist.

Shortstack McAygee
Silver Supporter

Postby Shortstack McAygee » Wed May 30, 2018

If you recall, however, it was okay to say that George W looks like a chimp -- you know, because he's a white Republican. :roll:

BotanicusRex wrote:Roseanne gives alt-right wackos a bad name.

It's almost as if that were... intentional? *gasp!* :o

Oh, and remember, folks: Freedom of speech is now a privilege -- not a right. So keep your head down & your mouth shut, and do what you're told. Or you'll be sorry! :twisted:

Brick's wrote:Maybe people will stop watching as much TV.

Throw in the rest of the entertainment industry, and you may just be onto something. :thumbup:

Nah, will never happen. People are way too addicted to their television "programming"...

sauer

Postby sauer » Wed May 30, 2018

I heard on the radio last week the show was #2 in ratings.....
Just surprised they walked away from all that revenue.

mtforpar

Postby mtforpar » Wed May 30, 2018

She knew what she was doing and she got what she deserved.
Take advantage of Mr Rebates and get cash back on tons of Internet purchases. It works, it really works!!! Hit the link below and you are on your way and you will also receive a $5 bonus for signing up.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=395845

Don't miss out on Free Cash for everyday purchases.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”