That "other" hobby of mine/yours.

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
rktect

That "other" hobby of mine/yours.

Postby rktect » Tue May 22, 2018

I don't want to make this about just MY other hobby. I will start it off as a post of my other hobbies/collections but not really for discussion. Looking to see what else everyone else has as a hobby or collection. What has you under its spell.

So, mine are.

Coins, specifically liberty nickels though. Trying for an MS64 or better set. Halfway there.
Wine. 500 bottles in the cellar. About 850 drunk and gone. Love to read up on regions and visit.
Olympic pins. I went to the 76 olympics at 8 years of age and the bug got me.
"Less is more." Ludwig Meis van der Rohe
to which Wright replied
"Less is more where more is no good." Frank Lloyd Wright

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Re: That "other" hobby of mine/yours.

Postby smackvay » Tue May 22, 2018

My Morgan set is my favorite
I do have a few old cars ( novas c10 Camaros)
Love old baseball cards
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

LittleAbner
Silver Supporter

Postby LittleAbner » Tue May 22, 2018

Cycling. Road & Gravel. More of an obsession than a hobby. :) 5,000 - 7,000 miles/year on a bike.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue May 22, 2018

As far as buying/collecting (and I blame blackrabbit 100% for this lol)..............Cigars
If outdoor hobbies count, then anything having to do with outdoors. Fishing, camping, hiking especially
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Rodebaugh
Jester

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue May 22, 2018

LittleAbner wrote:Cycling. Road & Gravel. More of an obsession than a hobby. :) 5,000 - 7,000 miles/year on a bike.

That's more than my Jeep. You sir are a machine. :clap:

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Tue May 22, 2018

I’ve been dabbling in astronomy lately I guess you can say. Real cheap equipment now, but checking out the moon and planets on a clear night can be pretty interesting. Been thinking of doing and upgrade, but $$$ is not there yet.

Can’t forget about fishing too.
EDFF58DA-970B-4913-B9CB-72468496BD7B.jpeg
EDFF58DA-970B-4913-B9CB-72468496BD7B.jpeg (55.63 KiB) Viewed 760 times

Just did a bunch of motor work on it this weekend and she is almost ready to go!
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Tue May 22, 2018

I like raising vegetables and fruit trees. Watching them grow is therapeutic to me, a reward too. Not quite as good as MC riding time but close enough 8-)
Going outside first thing in the morning is peaceful and a cool way to start your day.
Any day in the garden is a Good Day :)
ImageImageImage

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Wed May 23, 2018

I like rocks. Agates, jaspers, quartz, and other types of rocks and minerals. It's ok though, I sell most of them, and the really nice specimens I make people pay handsomely to get them. So it's a collection that basically pays for itself...usually
ImageImageImage

Bham
Gold Supporter

Postby Bham » Wed May 23, 2018

Hmmmm...cigars...scotch...golf....soccer (but I can hardly keep up any more,) Cardinals baseball and food. Glorious food. Eating- cooking- finding recipes- eating- grilling...yup, food I would say is my hobby. :shifty:
ImageImageImage

Silversaving
Platinum Supporter

Postby Silversaving » Wed May 23, 2018

I'm a home brewer. Usually have 2-3 kegs of beer on tap at my place at any one time.
I've also been a hunter since I was a kid and love hiking, camping, backpacking in the summers/fall.
Starting to get more into travel. Both U.S. and worldwide. Doesn't have to be "fancy", just enjoy seeing places I've never seen and talking to people I've never met.
ImageSeeking Rodebaugh Serial #'s 9 & 23.

iron-pyrite
Zombie Apocalypse Supporter

Postby iron-pyrite » Wed May 23, 2018

Currently looking again, had many that were not good for me: smoking, drinking, eating, loud music, parties, fast cars and faster women....

Surfing was great for several years but cant seem to get myself to commit and get a board and wetsuit now.
Played a lot of poker as well, but that can be dangerous.

Today it is trying to be healthy in all aspects. Food, Exercise, Sleep.. A balanced lifestyle.
ImageImageImage

MaryB

Postby MaryB » Wed May 23, 2018

Silversaving wrote:I'm a home brewer. Usually have 2-3 kegs of beer on tap at my place at any one time.
I've also been a hunter since I was a kid and love hiking, camping, backpacking in the summers/fall.
Starting to get more into travel. Both U.S. and worldwide. Doesn't have to be "fancy", just enjoy seeing places I've never seen and talking to people I've never met.

I home brew also! All grain, 3 level gravity fed brew rig! Mostly ales but the occasional warm fermented lager.

Also ham radio, I bounce 144mhz (2 meters) signals off the moon to talk with people all around the globe.

Radios...

Plus gardening, fishing, BBQ...

natsb88
Turtle Supporter

Postby natsb88 » Wed May 23, 2018

I collect local history items from my town and a few surrounding communities. Probably have 1500+ pictures and postcards and slides with a good chunk of them being a century+ old. Buildings and bridges and businesses. This small town was a big railroad hub in the teens so lots of railroad related history. And it was a hub for the Pennsylvania Canal before that. Lots of books and advertising items, bottles, some street signs and builders plates, some bricks and materials from old buildings that have been torn down. We have a lot of Native American history here plus Joseph Priestley and Thomas Edison for a time. A little bit of everything. Some day I'd like to build a website to document and share everything. For now it's mostly packed away in boxes.

I enjoy tinkering with woodworking projects and have a bunch of bigger equipment I picked up cheap at auctions over the years. Just need to get the garage wired up so I can put it to good use.

Related to both of the above is a habit of attending auctions and pulling dusty old stuff out of basements and barns and closed businesses. Less so the last couple of years, but I have probably gone to ~30 live auctions in all. Most local but I have traveled to some bigger industrial auctions. Often I can snag enough items to flip on eBay to fully offset (or more) the cost of the stuff I want to keep :thumbup:

I'm not sure if FakeBullion.com can be categorized as a hobby, but it's something I put a lot of time into that costs me money, so maybe it qualifies :lol: . I also volunteer at the community recycling center which is run jointly by four small non-profit groups and I get roped into some random projects for them. I recently spent 20+ hours removing an old block partition wall from inside the building. Sounded like a simple project from the description, but it turned out to be 10" block with poured cores and old sign posts used for reinforcement. I broke it all apart with my Harbor Freight rotary hammer and filled up my 5x10 trailer three times. Really wished it was a dump trailer at that point :lol:

AGhead

Postby AGhead » Wed May 23, 2018

I had to google it to see if I have one. I don't. I don't have a small horse or pony either.
Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu May 24, 2018

I like taking care of the Hummingbirds that show up every year in the early Spring and stay for the summer. They fly all the way from Mexico and Central America and are known to return to the same house every year.
ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Postby Blue Angel » Thu May 24, 2018

I love being able to get out and help others. We were heavily involved with the US Marine Corps and the Toy's for Tots for several years. A lot of nice biker types and veterans helping kids at Christmas. I have been able to see some truly heartbreaking situations get better because of these guys.

Now it is the offroad community helping wounded veterans and veterans in general through the Wheelers for the Wounded Texas organization. I am honored and humbled to be able to do this for our veterans. Don't think I will ever stop trying to reach out a helping hand.

silverpoint

Postby silverpoint » Thu May 24, 2018

motorcycles , harley 's right now but thinking of adding an indian.also tuna fishing whenever ,wherever.

smackvay
Gold Supporter

Postby smackvay » Thu May 24, 2018

silverpoint wrote:motorcycles , harley 's right now but thinking of adding an indian.also tuna fishing whenever ,wherever.

I forgot about riding in my earlier post. I have a couple scooters.

Mike
Help support bullionstacker by becoming a supporting member!!!
pm me for details or click on the support Bullionstacker button to the left
WVU Fan, just ask and I will tell you!!!!!

im2shakey
Gold Supporter

Postby im2shakey » Thu May 24, 2018

My 1953 Chevrolet 3100. I love working om it, and driving it around. It pisses everyone on the road off...because, my top speed is around 45mph!
ImageImage

rktect

Postby rktect » Thu May 24, 2018

smackvay wrote:
silverpoint wrote:motorcycles , harley 's right now but thinking of adding an indian.also tuna fishing whenever ,wherever.

I forgot about riding in my earlier post. I have a couple scooters.

Mike

My Harley has been in the garage all winter so I forget to add it too. :shock:

2016 Road King.
"Less is more." Ludwig Meis van der Rohe
to which Wright replied
"Less is more where more is no good." Frank Lloyd Wright

Return to “Burgers and Beers”