Junior's Last Ride

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Purple and Gold

Junior's Last Ride

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Nov 15, 2017

Dale Jr's last race is coming up. Almost brings a tear to my eye. For me NASCAR wont be the same. What a great guy. MTV's Cribs featured his home in TX years ago. Jr asks MTV if they want to see his "ride" like all of the guests of the show would do. So he goes into his garage and jumps in his #8 race car, fires it up and does a burn out all the way down his long driveway :)
Long live #8 & #88

ImageImageImage

Blue Angel
WFTW Supporter

Re: Junior's Last Ride

Postby Blue Angel » Wed Nov 15, 2017

Yessir, that is one true gentleman. I am glad he's going out on his terms. Best damn restrictor plate racer ever.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Wed Nov 15, 2017

Definitely an end of an era. I keep hearing about Danica Patrick retiring. She is a good driver that I will also miss on the track
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

BotanicusRex
Supporter

Postby BotanicusRex » Wed Nov 15, 2017

Definitely one of the good guys.. but won't go down as one of the great racers like dad.
Patrick added a great cuteness factor... but was never a good racer. She could sometimes drive fast on a clear track, but as a side-by-side racer - No.

... and NASCAR will really miss both of them. JMHO
"You have a choice between the natural stability of gold, and the honesty and intelligence of the members of government. Vote for Gold."........ George Bernard Shaw

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Mon Nov 20, 2017

After the race Rick Hendrick gave Dale Jr the #88 race car and Jr gave Rick his racing helmet :)
ImageImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”