Paypal debit card

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011
Location: Live Free or Die

Paypal debit card

Postby Turtle » Sun Nov 12, 2017

Anyone have a paypal debit card? Looks like it would make it easier to withdraw paypal money, but I cant figure out if there are fees attached. The website seems to say yes and no depending on circumstance?
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)

MaryB
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby MaryB » Sun Nov 12, 2017

I have one, if you use it at an ATM you pay that banks fees(mine is $3) plus PP tacks on $1 for some reason... but if you use it as a credit card(I do often) it is free. Instead of using my bank account i=to shop I use my PP card if I have anything in the account. If I need cash getting it from the bank ATM is free with my bank debit card.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby Bucketeer » Sun Nov 12, 2017

I have a PP credit card, but I very rarely use it unless I can pay off the purchase in the next month. The interest rates are pretty high. I believe it has some value in a dispute with a merchant because a credit card purchase carries a little more clout than a debit card in a dispute.

For most items processed by PayPal, I use my bank checking account.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011
Location: Live Free or Die

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby Turtle » Tue Nov 28, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:I have a PP credit card, but I very rarely use it unless I can pay off the purchase in the next month. The interest rates are pretty high. I believe it has some value in a dispute with a merchant because a credit card purchase carries a little more clout than a debit card in a dispute.

For most items processed by PayPal, I use my bank checking account.

I mean the one that's connected to your PayPal account balance
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)

User avatar
Greatwun
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby Greatwun » Tue Nov 28, 2017

I have one. Used to use it to withdraw funds but now you can transfer funds instantly within a day or so.

User avatar
BarsandStars
Turtle Supporter
Posts: 3186
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013
Location: Connecticut

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby BarsandStars » Tue Nov 28, 2017

Turtle wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:I have a PP credit card, but I very rarely use it unless I can pay off the purchase in the next month. The interest rates are pretty high. I believe it has some value in a dispute with a merchant because a credit card purchase carries a little more clout than a debit card in a dispute.

For most items processed by PayPal, I use my bank checking account.

I mean the one that's connected to your PayPal account balance


Had one for years. Use it all the time.
Joining Binance to trade cryptos? Click my referral link below!
www.binance.com/?ref=20981136

kugelblitz
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby kugelblitz » Wed Nov 29, 2017

If payment is done via credit card the seller has to pay a higher (about 2% more) PayPal fee.

User avatar
Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter
Posts: 2452
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014
Location: Warily watching the herd.

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Nov 29, 2017

The heck with the seller.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

kugelblitz
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby kugelblitz » Wed Nov 29, 2017

Bucketeer wrote:The heck with the seller.

Yep - but who's gonna pay for it on the end?
... I guess not the seller

User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011
Location: Live Free or Die

Re: Paypal debit card

Postby Turtle » Sat Dec 02, 2017

BarsandStars wrote:
Turtle wrote:
Bucketeer wrote:I have a PP credit card, but I very rarely use it unless I can pay off the purchase in the next month. The interest rates are pretty high. I believe it has some value in a dispute with a merchant because a credit card purchase carries a little more clout than a debit card in a dispute.

For most items processed by PayPal, I use my bank checking account.

I mean the one that's connected to your PayPal account balance


Had one for years. Use it all the time.


Is there any fee to use it from the users end?
:turtle: I liked them before it was cool... :evil:

President Donald J Trump 8-)


Return to “Burgers and Beers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill*, scrapman1077 and 2 guests