TMZ: Tom Petty Found Unconscious in Full Cardiac Arrest

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Baggerman
Gold Supporter

Re: TMZ: Tom Petty Found Unconscious in Full Cardiac Arrest

Postby Baggerman » Sat Jan 20, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:
tdtwedt wrote:Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Tom Petty died of an accidental drug overdose

Among the medications found in his system were fentanyl and oxycodone.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/20/tom-pet ... rdose.html

Oh, Man. :( Isnt fentanyl the stuff that took down Michael Jackson? :cry:
Not an endorsement to do any drugs,, but with the many strains of high THC content of Mary Jane available now days i dont see why anyone would take any form of man made junk chemicals. :|
MJ is being used now to treat Opioid and other addictions.

I have been on opioids for 10+ years due to some chronic pain issues. I have tried numerous strains of weed and straight CBD oil with no relief at all. The pain meds do not take the pain away but just take the sharp edge off. I would love to find something that works for chronic pain but have not found anything as of yet. Doc suggested morphine but I said no, oxycodone did nothing and hydrocodone only works if I chew them. Sucks to hurt every day.
I carry a gun because I am to young to die and to old to take an azz whooping.
Get 1% rebate on Ebay bullion http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=439461

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Sat Jan 20, 2018

Wow, sad story.Good luck bro.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

SilverDollarDaryl

Postby SilverDollarDaryl » Sat Jan 20, 2018

"ON A POSITIVE NOTE WE NOW KNOW FOR CERTAIN HE WENT PAINLESSLY AND BEAUTIFULLY EXHAUSTED AFTER DOING WHAT HE LOVED THE MOST, FOR ONE LAST TIME, PERFORMING LIVE WITH HIS UNMATCHABLE ROCK BAND FOR HIS LOYAL FANS ON THE BIGGEST TOUR OF HIS 40 PLUS YEAR CAREER. HE WAS EXTREMELY PROUD OF THAT ACHIEVEMENT IN THE DAYS BEFORE HE PASSED."

http://www.tompetty.com/statement

OUR FAMILY SAT TOGETHER THIS MORNING WITH THE MEDICAL EXAMINER – CORONER’S OFFICE AND WE WERE INFORMED OF THEIR FINAL ANALYSIS THAT TOM PETTY PASSED AWAY DUE TO AN ACCIDENTAL DRUG OVERDOSE AS A RESULT OF TAKING A VARIETY OF MEDICATIONS.

UNFORTUNATELY TOM’S BODY SUFFERED FROM MANY SERIOUS AILMENTS INCLUDING EMPHYSEMA, KNEE PROBLEMS AND MOST SIGNIFICANTLY A FRACTURED HIP.

DESPITE THIS PAINFUL INJURY HE INSISTED ON KEEPING HIS COMMITMENT TO HIS FANS AND HE TOURED FOR 53 DATES WITH A FRACTURED HIP AND, AS HE DID, IT WORSENED TO A MORE SERIOUS INJURY.

ON THE DAY HE DIED HE WAS INFORMED HIS HIP HAD GRADUATED TO A FULL ON BREAK AND IT IS OUR FEELING THAT THE PAIN WAS SIMPLY UNBEARABLE AND WAS THE CAUSE FOR HIS OVER USE OF MEDICATION.

WE KNEW BEFORE THE REPORT WAS SHARED WITH US THAT HE WAS PRESCRIBED VARIOUS PAIN MEDICATIONS FOR A MULTITUDE OF ISSUES INCLUDING FENTANYL PATCHES AND WE FEEL CONFIDENT THAT THIS WAS, AS THE CORONER FOUND, AN UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENT.

AS A FAMILY WE RECOGNIZE THIS REPORT MAY SPARK A FURTHER DISCUSSION ON THE OPIOID CRISIS AND WE FEEL THAT IT IS A HEALTHY AND NECESSARY DISCUSSION AND WE HOPE IN SOME WAY THIS REPORT CAN SAVE LIVES. MANY PEOPLE WHO OVERDOSE BEGIN WITH A LEGITIMATE INJURY OR SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE POTENCY AND DEADLY NATURE OF THESE MEDICATIONS.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE WE NOW KNOW FOR CERTAIN HE WENT PAINLESSLY AND BEAUTIFULLY EXHAUSTED AFTER DOING WHAT HE LOVED THE MOST, FOR ONE LAST TIME, PERFORMING LIVE WITH HIS UNMATCHABLE ROCK BAND FOR HIS LOYAL FANS ON THE BIGGEST TOUR OF HIS 40 PLUS YEAR CAREER. HE WAS EXTREMELY PROUD OF THAT ACHIEVEMENT IN THE DAYS BEFORE HE PASSED.

WE CONTINUE TO MOURN WITH YOU AND MARVEL AT TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS INCREDIBLE POSITIVE IMPACT ON MUSIC AND THE WORLD. AND WE THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THE LAST MONTHS.

THANK YOU ALSO FOR RESPECTING THE MEMORY OF A MAN WHO WAS TRULY GREAT DURING HIS TIME ON THIS PLANET BOTH PUBLICLY AND PRIVATELY.

WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF THE ENTIRE HEARTBREAKER FAMILY DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME.

DANA PETTY AND ADRIA PETTY

Rik Bitter
Gold Jester

Postby Rik Bitter » Sat Jan 20, 2018

53 dates with a fractured hip. That's a gamer.
*** LOOKING FOR YPS #17 & 18s. Please contact me if you have any for sale.***

ImageImage

Baggerman
Gold Supporter

Postby Baggerman » Sat Jan 20, 2018

Bucketeer wrote:Wow, sad story.Good luck bro.

Nothing sad about it, I lived pretty hard in work and play and probably wouldn't change much if I had it to do over again. Hell man I have a wonderful wife of 41 years , 3 great kids and 5 grandkids, I am a blessed man. :clap:
I carry a gun because I am to young to die and to old to take an azz whooping.
Get 1% rebate on Ebay bullion http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=439461

Rastatodd

Postby Rastatodd » Sun Jan 21, 2018

I know we need medication to help people with chronic pain. But what's going on now with these opioids is like the perfect storm. Causing unnecessary deaths as well as addiction. When I first heard the news about Prince I gasped and then Tom Petty a sense of loss came over me. If anything good can come out of death of these two great icons is it brought this epidemic to the forefront.

MasterBlaster
Silver Supporter

Postby MasterBlaster » Sun Jan 21, 2018

Rastatodd wrote:I know we need medication to help people with chronic pain. But what's going on now with these opioids is like the perfect storm. Causing unnecessary deaths as well as addiction. When I first heard the news about Prince I gasped and then Tom Petty a sense of loss came over me. If anything good can come out of death of these two great icons is it brought this epidemic to the forefront.

Fentanyl primarily produced in China is a HUGE reason for the large increase of opioid deaths, why China hasn't cracked down on these illegal pharmaceutical shops is a shame. Addiction is a disease, a small fraction of chronic pain patients who follow Dr's orders will become addicts. I too have been on opioids since 1988, following Dr's orders is a must!!!!! 1 prescribing Dr & 1 dispensing pharmacy is also a must. Those with a family history of substance abuse are themselves a higher risk for addiction. Many people confuse tolerance and addiction, just because a patient after time needs a dose increase to receive same pain control does not mean a person is addicted. Many drugs that are not opioids also need to be increased over time to get same results.
Image ImageImage

Return to “Burgers and Beers”