A new chapter

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

A new chapter

Postby Mr. Ed » Tue Jun 20, 2017

When it comes to change, I fight it tooth and nail. Not so out of the ordinary, lots of folks dont take change well and it requires a certian "getting used to" as it were. I have been trying to cope with the fact that after being here for 35 years, my company is selling all of the steel processing plants and after hearing all the possibilities for the last 9 months, it has come to fruitation and a worthy candidate has stepped forward to claim the empire that folks like myself have helped mold. Being a Plant Manager for the last 20 years has given me insight to this mess that most dont know or understand. I have given the biggest part of my life to this company, putting only my Family ahead of my job. This has paid off well for me and given me a lifestyle I never imagined. Now as we wind down and prepare for the transition that is expected to happen in the next 90 days, I look back and first of all, I wonder where 35 years have gone and what does the future hold. As of late, I have been spending more time on the Harley and wrapping myself up in these amazing Phantom Drones trying not to think about it. I have not had to worry about not having a job for the last 35 years and now as I sit here starring at 59 in a few months, it makes me wonder what the future does hold for an older worker such as myself. I have doubts about even wanting to go back to work. These younger workers that I have to manage are quite a handfull and I stress more than I should at times. I am sorry for the rant but, I sure hope God has a plan cause I don't. Thanks for listening guys.

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

dae2dae
Gold Jester

Re: A new chapter

Postby dae2dae » Tue Jun 20, 2017

hopefully retirement ;)
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jun 20, 2017

You don't have the option of staying on in your capacity with the new owner? Excellent employees are an asset that are very hard to replace.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImageImage
We are here to help others by practicing a friendly attitude. Every person is borne for a purpose. Everyone has a God-given potential, in essence, built into them. If we are to live life to its fullest, we must realize that potential.

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Tue Jun 20, 2017

Something tells me that you'll be just fine. You're one of those people that is intelligent enough to answer the door when opportunity knocks...just sayin
ImageImageImage

MrGaribaldi
Silver Supporter

Postby MrGaribaldi » Tue Jun 20, 2017

Your new owner may want you to train your replacement. Be prepared for that possibility. To owners experience = higher salary.
And life goes on ......

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Tue Jun 20, 2017

As an older worker my self I have the truth in the adage "When one door closes another opens" many times and usually with greener grass on the other side. If the current door does close feel confident walking through the next one.

Heck this might give you the opportunity to spend more quality time with Helen :pop:
ImageImageImage

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Tue Jun 20, 2017

dae2dae wrote:hopefully retirement ;)

This!
Or at least take some time off if you can............I bet the new owner will keep you around
OPEN A COINBASE ACCOUNT AND BOTH OF US WILL GET $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec

ImageImage Image

Brucifer
Silver Supporter

Postby Brucifer » Tue Jun 20, 2017

You’re lucky you’re within a couple/few years of SS retirement benefit eligibility. My thought = retire at the earliest possible point in time. I used to be afraid of retirement. “Will I have enough $$? What about my health insurance?” and all the rest of the usual insecurities and paranoias. I’m now over 11 years into retirement and I’m really glad I made the move as early as possible. Good luck with however it goes for you.

LittleAbner
Silver Supporter

Postby LittleAbner » Tue Jun 20, 2017

I wish you the best Mr. Ed.

I'm not that far from 59 myself and know a bit about change. A year ago I closed down a business I've been in for a little over 30 years and my son & I have started in a new line of work.

"Life is hard, and then you die"

:) Not really that bad, I consider myself blessed. The wife and I have been married a little over 35 years, we've got 4 children and 3 grandchildren. We've been blessed with a good income over the years and are in reasonable good health.

I hope things work out for you!

mtforpar

Postby mtforpar » Tue Jun 20, 2017

All the best Mr. Ed. It is not an easy thing to undertake. As I look back on my life I am amazed at how I was always being prepared for the things that came in my path. As young a 5 years old, I was learning leadership skills. In my teens, I see clearly I was being groomed for the things I do today. It wasn't always easy, It wasn't always a straight road, it wasn't always what I had planned but it led me right here where I am today. Keep a positive attitude...buy a silver turtle or two along the way....and know that you still have many more contributions to make!
Take advantage of Mr Rebates and get cash back on tons of Internet purchases. It works, it really works!!! Hit the link below and you are on your way and you will also receive a $5 bonus for signing up.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=395845

Don't miss out on Free Cash for everyday purchases.

SilverDoge
Constitutional Supporter

Postby SilverDoge » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Good luck Ed. As you say, we often have no foresight into the path that God has for our lives should we choose to be open to them.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Ed, take that Retirement money and run!
Dont look back :thumbup:
ImageImageImage

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:Ed, take that Retirement money and run!

You and D are on the same page as I am and I see that being more of a viable option than anything. No idea what the new company has in store for me but I made a promise that I would listen if they wanted to talk. I do believe that it will be very hard for me to just stop going to work I still love going there after 35 years. Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbup:

Vision without execution is hallucination

Bucketeer
Bearish Supporter

Postby Bucketeer » Wed Jun 21, 2017

It's tough dealing with "retirement". I've worked since I was 12 years old. It isn't easy getting into the retirement groove, it took me a year before I accepted it.
Gentlemen prefer Engelhard.

agnostic
BS Supporter

Postby agnostic » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Purple and Gold wrote:Ed, take that Retirement money and run!

This :thumbup:
The key is keeping the turtles fed :turtle:
You'll do just fine, Mr. Ed
Risk is the price that you never thought you'd have to pay.

I refuse to embrace schizophrenia as a survival mechanism.

carssman

Postby carssman » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Simple solution,, Buy more turtles and retire Mr Ed!

Hopefully your 'Package' is enough to carry you into 'somewhat' early retirement

Silverkid
Gold Supporter

Postby Silverkid » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Buy some land out here and let the sun grow you some plants? :)
I prefer payment in crypto: LTC, ETH AND BTC. Also accept Google Wallet, Zelle , Postal Money Orders, and Personal Checks. Shipping prices do not include insurance. If you want insurance/registered mail, it's always extra.

silverhoarder3
Gold Supporter

Postby silverhoarder3 » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Enjoy the time with your family. ;)
Take this as a blessing :angel:
ImageImageImage

silverpv
Gold Supporter

Postby silverpv » Wed Jun 21, 2017

DRP270 wrote:As an older worker my self I have the truth in the adage "When one door closes another opens" many times and usually with greener grass on the other side. If the current door does close feel confident walking through the next one.

Heck this might give you the opportunity to spend more quality time with Helen :pop:

Don't have to be 'older' to agree with this! You are free now, good luck with things moving forward...

rottiesforever
Turtle Supporter

Postby rottiesforever » Wed Jun 21, 2017

Good Luck Mr Ed! I think (hope) you will find a way to make this a positive step forward.
Best Wishes and Aloha!
Turtles all the way down

Return to “Burgers and Beers”