Silver Buy Brag Thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
NewSilverGuy

Re: Silver Buy Brag Thread

Postby NewSilverGuy » Sat Oct 24, 2009

I hear you, I was venting for a bit after that miss. I tried buying it and someone bought it just as I was clicking complete paypal payment button. $350 for a 1/2oz would have been a steal.

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Sat Oct 24, 2009

I wonder if it was a typo. probably meant $650, good chance it got cancelled.

Jangles

Postby Jangles » Sat Oct 24, 2009

Silver Addict wrote:
NewSilverGuy wrote:(25) 90% halves for $54 after cashback

Seriously?

Thats a little over $6 an ounce for silver content. I think I would have been jumping up & down if I scored that one :lol:

Silver Addict
Dunce

Postby Silver Addict » Sat Oct 24, 2009

Jangles wrote:
Silver Addict wrote:
NewSilverGuy wrote:(25) 90% halves for $54 after cashback

Seriously?

Thats a little over $6 an ounce for silver content. I think I would have been jumping up & down if I scored that one :lol:

I'm jumping up and down for him. :lol:

Dcyphrz
Gold Supporter

Postby Dcyphrz » Wed Oct 28, 2009

Those were plenty cheap. I assume you mean 1 ounce Sunshine bars? I've always liked PAMP products but I've never been fortunate enough to acquire any. Maybe someday. *dare to dream* LOL

Nashville Craigslist occasionally has some coin listings but I just never got into the habit of checking there. The prices I've seen have usually been a little on the high side, for coins anyway.

As far as other categories, one of my trucks and my ZTR were both found on Craigslist and they were dirt cheap. I usually look at mowers and tractors when I go there, sometimes trucks but rarely.

NewSilverGuy

Postby NewSilverGuy » Sun Nov 01, 2009

Just snagged a good deal on ebay (good as long as not a scam :) ), it was 2 SAE's, 3 generic 1oz., 4 90% halves, 2 silver dimes, 1 silver quarter, all for $67!

Robert

Postby Robert » Sun Nov 01, 2009

NewSilverGuy wrote:Just snagged a good deal on ebay (good as long as not a scam :) ), it was 2 SAE's, 3 generic 1oz., 4 90% halves, 2 silver dimes, 1 silver quarter, all for $67!

That's an awesome deal! Image

NewSilverGuy

Postby NewSilverGuy » Sun Nov 01, 2009

rufinatti wrote:
NewSilverGuy wrote:Just snagged a good deal on ebay (good as long as not a scam :) ), it was 2 SAE's, 3 generic 1oz., 4 90% halves, 2 silver dimes, 1 silver quarter, all for $67!

Wow, nevermind. The seller is now e-mailing me saying he was offered $90 elsewhere so unless I pay $90 he will sell to someone else. What a joke! I didn't pay yet, good thing.

mryoga

Postby mryoga » Sun Nov 01, 2009

NewSilverGuy wrote:
rufinatti wrote:

Wow, nevermind. The seller is now e-mailing me saying he was offered $90 elsewhere so unless I pay $90 he will sell to someone else. What a joke! I didn't pay yet, good thing.

Were you the high bidder on an auction? If so I wouldn't press the issue with the seller, but I would let Ebay know. They have a policy where if a buyer doesn't pay, he gets 1 strike. 3 strikes and they're banned. It would be interesting to find out if they have a similar policy for sellers that don't sell. ;)
ImageImage
Life Is But A Dream

metal head

Postby metal head » Sun Nov 29, 2009

I bought $800 worth of halves for 10X face off of Craigslist. I was very happy with that deal.
ImageImage

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Mon Nov 30, 2009

I got an offer from paypal to sign up for Bill Me Later and get a 100.00 credit so I bought 4 2009 Panda's MS69 for 124.00 shipped and insured. I used Bill Me Later and the total was only 24.00 that is only 6.00 each.
Mr. Ed.
Vision without execution is hallucination

Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 30, 2009

mintmark wrote:I got an offer from paypal to sign up for Bill Me Later and get a 100.00 credit so I bought 4 2009 Panda's MS69 for 124.00 shipped and insured. I used Bill Me Later and the total was only 24.00 that is only 6.00 each.
Mr. Ed.

Unbelievable! :shock: :o

NewSilverGuy

Postby NewSilverGuy » Mon Dec 07, 2009

Just got almost a kilo of generic silver rounds for $11.75/oz. Didn't even use a cashback, just nabbed it. Now lets see if it shows up :D

Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Dec 07, 2009

NewSilverGuy wrote:Just got almost a kilo of generic silver rounds for $11.75/oz. Didn't even use a cashback, just nabbed it. Now lets see if it shows up :D

congrats!!!

farnorthdan

Postby farnorthdan » Thu Dec 10, 2009

8 lunars...1999-2006 $150. I'll probably sell the scarcer ones and keep some free silver.....

DS
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish ignorant leaders" G. Carlin
ImageImageImage

gee_dubya75

Postby gee_dubya75 » Fri Dec 11, 2009

I thought this was a pretty sweet score for $45

Two SAE (toned)
21 Mercury head dimes
8 Indian Head nickels (all but one have clear dates)

DoctorMetal
Silver Supporter

Postby DoctorMetal » Sun Dec 13, 2009

OK, I finally won an auction on the World Wide FleaBay for a 1997 China Silver 1oz Unicorn, and a proof or proof-like version too. I was lucky to get it at $32. As far as I could tell, some "private" bidder logging in from the German side was buying them all up. So I think I got it because he was distracted with some other lots coming to close at about the same time. Did I get a good buy? I dunno. I figure these things run anywhere from 35 to 40 dollars (like Isle of Man cats). I plan to go after the whole set of Unicorns. I understand they were only issued for three years, from 95 to 97, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the numis factor on this coin will add value. I'm also going after Britannia right now, and probably paying too much. Is there a Silver Buy Cry Thread?

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Sun Dec 13, 2009

DoctorMetal wrote:OK, I finally won an auction on the World Wide FleaBay for a 1997 China Silver 1oz Unicorn, and a proof or proof-like version too. I was lucky to get it at $32. As far as I could tell, some "private" bidder logging in from the German side was buying them all up. So I think I got it because he was distracted with some other lots coming to close at about the same time. Did I get a good buy? I dunno. I figure these things run anywhere from 35 to 40 dollars (like Isle of Man cats). I plan to go after the whole set of Unicorns. I understand they were only issued for three years, from 95 to 97, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the numis factor on this coin will add value. I'm also going after Britannia right now, and probably paying too much. Is there a Silver Buy Cry Thread?

If you wanted it and got it does it matter how good a deal it is? You going to flip it? No. $32 may be close to 2X spot but for an item like this maybe spot is irrelevant if you really wanted it.
ImageImageImage

DoctorMetal
Silver Supporter

Postby DoctorMetal » Sun Dec 13, 2009

I'm going to wait until I physically get the Unicorn in hand before deciding if I'm gonna flip it. I have one already but it's BU or Circ and kinda dull, making for a poor specimen. I wanna be able to see shiny spirals in the horn or whatever. This one I got for 32 (and you're right, price doesn't matter in this context) and it's a Proof (instead of BU), which is a lesson I've learned with US commemoratives (get proof when you can, especially if the spread between BU and proof is thin). Once the Unicorn proof passes the close-up look test, then I will stock up and/or trade in the bullion (BU) variety, or the proofs if reasonable. Physical possession is important, and deals can always be found later. I wonder what others think of the BU/Proof issue? I'm also baffled by the Proof/Reverse Proof issue? As an example of the latter, there are some Britannia coins I'm going after which are Reverse Proof, which I think might be much better looking than the regulars. Here's a picture of what I'm trying to go after. If anybody has one to let go, please contact me.

DoctorMetal
Silver Supporter

Postby DoctorMetal » Thu Dec 17, 2009

Just scored three beautiful Isle of Man Silver Cats (the Persian, the Maine Coon, and the some other one - I should know the names of the darn animals in the series, but I don't). They're wonderful .999 coins, and I intend to go after the whole series since I heard a rumor that the Cat series might be coming to an end (they're running out of different types of cats, I guess). I need to find an book or set up album pages because I think they'll display nice, but right now, I'm stacking em in 38.5 airtites. They're surprisingly cheaper than I thought for premium bullion. I'm seeing for sale all over the place for no more than $35 these days, but apparently the New York Alley Cat is the semi-key. Be advised that you may take some teasing and ribbing from your friends (like I did) when you show them your Cat coin collection, but here's the good part -- I scored these three cats by trading with some fellow on the street for two old generic rounds apiece. Honest value metal currency - the only way to go.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”