Silver Buy Brag Thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
silverhead
Silver Supporter

Re: Silver Buy Brag Thread

Postby silverhead » Thu Sep 22, 2016

k penny wrote:sorry, here ya go. Funny thing,this happened a long time ago. before i stacked, or new the value of a Morgan. I just new it had to be worth more than a dollar. lol

No I am sorry that you took me seriously, I was just trying to be a "jester " :lol:
They look like Morgans.
ImageImageImage

DRP270
Site Admin

Postby DRP270 » Thu Sep 22, 2016

silverhead wrote:I was just trying to be a "jester " :lol:

Keep it up and it might happen 8-) .
ImageImageImage

k penny

Postby k penny » Fri Sep 23, 2016

silverhead wrote:
k penny wrote:sorry, here ya go. Funny thing,this happened a long time ago. before i stacked, or new the value of a Morgan. I just new it had to be worth more than a dollar. lol

No I am sorry that you took me seriously, I was just trying to be a "jester " :lol:
They look like Morgans.
no worries, thought i missed some protocol, lol

dae2dae
Gold Jester

Postby dae2dae » Fri Sep 23, 2016

DRP270 wrote:

“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

silverhead
Silver Supporter

Postby silverhead » Fri Sep 23, 2016

dae2dae wrote:
DRP270 wrote:

Thanks,
I was beginning to worry, I'm way too uptight to be a jester
I probably couldn't afford the union dues either. :lol:
ImageImageImage

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Fri Sep 23, 2016

DRP270 wrote:

They didn't make me a jester until I launched a campaign to get banned for terrible behavior. :pop:

(The union dues are the real punishment)
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Sep 24, 2016

Engineer wrote:They didn't make me a jester until I launched a campaign to get banned for terrible behavior

Ah, so the jester tag is a thing to avoid. Suspected as much, based on the sketchy characters who carry it. So what heinous act finally put you over the top?

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Postby Mr. Ed » Sat Sep 24, 2016

Long John wrote:
Engineer wrote:They didn't make me a jester until I launched a campaign to get banned for terrible behavior

Ah, so the jester tag is a thing to avoid. Suspected as much, based on the sketchy characters who carry it. So what heinous act finally put you over the top?

It is something that we do not speak of in the open forum. The details are not for the faint of hart and if he chooses to reveal the details of this horrid event, I dare not think of what may occure. Just a warnning from another one of those sketchy characters. :shifty:

:turtle:
Vision without execution is hallucination

Long John
Turtle Supporter

Postby Long John » Sat Sep 24, 2016

Mr. Ed wrote:It is something that we do not speak of in the open forum. The details are not for the faint of hart and if he chooses to reveal the details of this horrid event, I dare not think of what may occure. Just a warnning from another one of those sketchy characters. :shifty:

Best not to ask too mamy questions, eh? Point taken. Of course sketchy was meant as a compliment. :angel: :thumbup:

Kutzy
Turtle Supporter

Postby Kutzy » Sat Sep 24, 2016

I didn't do it
I accept payment through Dwolla, PPG, check or money order. Accommodation available for international orders as well.

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

Long John wrote:
Mr. Ed wrote:It is something that we do not speak of in the open forum. The details are not for the faint of hart and if he chooses to reveal the details of this horrid event, I dare not think of what may occure. Just a warnning from another one of those sketchy characters. :shifty:

Best not to ask too mamy questions, eh? Point taken. Of course sketchy was meant as a compliment. :angel: :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think I fit the profile :o

dae2dae
Gold Jester

Postby dae2dae » Sat Sep 24, 2016

Mr. Ed wrote:
Long John wrote:

It is something that we do not speak of in the open forum. The details are not for the faint of hart and if he chooses to reveal the details of this horrid event, I dare not think of what may occure. Just a warnning from another one of those sketchy characters. :shifty:

This sketchy character seconds the second sketchy characters revelation about the behavior of the aforementioned newest sketchy character as I am sure our illustrious sketchy character leader and the eldest of the decrepit sketchy characters would surely concur :duck:
“Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.” Thomas Jefferson
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Ed
Group Buy Moderator

dae2dae wrote:
Mr. Ed wrote:
Long John wrote:

This sketchy character seconds the second sketchy characters revelation about the behavior of the aforementioned newest sketchy character as I am sure our illustrious sketchy character leader and the eldest of the decrepit sketchy characters would surely concur :duck:

Now that, sounds a little sketchy :?

Engineer
Pirate Jester

Postby Engineer » Sun Sep 25, 2016

Long John wrote:

I posted a fake casting call for a transvestite version of Pretty Woman. :pop:
With Ed's email address...
The year 2017: Where words and ideas are considered too hateful to be said,
while riots and assault are considered too peaceful to be prosecuted.

bigjohn
Turtle Supporter

Postby bigjohn » Sun Sep 25, 2016

Engineer wrote:
Long John wrote:

Best thing I read all day :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
LOOKING FOR YPS #12 BARS TO COMPLETE A COLLECTION!!! PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY - I HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY OR CAN BUY OUT RIGHT.

ImageImage Image

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Sun Sep 25, 2016

bigjohn wrote:
Engineer wrote:
Long John wrote:

Best thing I read all day :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

I think he's pulling your leg, as I heard it has something to do with something that rhymes with heinous.
ImageImageImage

Decoy12

Postby Decoy12 » Fri Oct 21, 2016

On my quest for acquiring more 90% dimes, I saw a local guy selling mercury dimes. I picked up 111 mercs for $100. These are Teens-40s and I began to cherrypick... already found a 1931-S :shock:

Image ImageImageImage

Decoy12

Postby Decoy12 » Fri Oct 21, 2016

Any sub 10M mintage dates, but today's catch include: 1931-S + 1931-D, 1921-? and 1930-S :D

Image ImageImageImage

deenz
Silver Supporter

Postby deenz » Thu Jan 19, 2017

Picked up a 2009 Lunar 2, 2 oz Ox for under $75. BINs on ebay are regularly over $200, with auctions closer to $150-175. :thumbup:

Walkabout

Postby Walkabout » Thu Jan 19, 2017

Mixed bag of 5 x 10 oz bars. Little easier to keep track of and count than 1 ozers.

Return to “Burgers and Beers”