Silver Buy Brag Thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
silverstacker
Turtle Supporter

Re: Silver Buy Brag Thread

Postby silverstacker » Tue Mar 01, 2016

Here is a set that I picked up last week

Its .925 but bought it cheap and its been properly cared for . I liked the proofs and booklets as well :)
Attachments
Olympic 3.jpg
Olympic 3.jpg (71 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
Olympic 2.jpg
Olympic 2.jpg (64.67 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
Olympic 1.jpg
Olympic 1.jpg (77.99 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
PAYMENT METHODS
PPFF
Google Wallet
Square Cash
Check

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Mar 11, 2016

My first 100 oz bar! Thanks Chris!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (36.55 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
Outstanding!

Preludedude

Postby Preludedude » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Lol...someone really etched into the bar?

lomalu
Gold Supporter

Postby lomalu » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Preludedude wrote:Lol...someone really etched into the bar?

Probably a vibrational engraver. It seems to be a common thing nowadays. I dunno if it is a method for Perth on these 100 oz bars ( I wouldn't be surprised.)I wouldn't think twice about it or worry about it...
Image Image Image
formerly known as melhen26

Super Stacker PCB
Gold Supporter

Postby Super Stacker PCB » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Diggin4copper wrote:My first 100 oz bar! Thanks Chris!

Love to have a 100ozt bar. They sure feel good to hold.
Stackin' for the fun of Stackin' 1 oz at a time

ImageImage

Preludedude

lomalu wrote:

Probably a vibrational engraver. It seems to be a common thing nowadays. I dunno if it is a method for Perth on these 100 oz bars ( I wouldn't be surprised.)I wouldn't think twice about it or worry about it...

Well, researching the bar....Here is similar bar on apmex and in pic it has etching too....

The bar posted by Diggin has same look, but a little more crooked and free-handed it seems..

Image edited by Mod to change img to fitimg and now we can see it all. WOW, give it a try 8-)

lomalu
Gold Supporter

Postby lomalu » Fri Mar 11, 2016

Preludedude wrote:
lomalu wrote:

Well, researching the bar....Here is similar bar on apmex and in pic it has etching too....

The bar posted by Diggin has same look, but a little more crooked and free-handed it seems..

The rougher look is probably due to the curvature of the surface you know.
Nice work checking it out :thumbup:
Image Image Image
formerly known as melhen26

Preludedude

Shoot, I like the bar...Im not insulting it...As a matter of fact, check the wanted section..I have an ad posted that says I want a 100oz perth bar..:)

I just thought the etching was added by a previous owner, but I see its done at the mint...

Diggin4copper
Kraken Supporter

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Mar 12, 2016

The only problem I have is that I wanted to use it as a doorstop...gonna need a bigger bar.... :lol:
Outstanding!

halfhunter
Gold Supporter

Postby halfhunter » Sat Mar 12, 2016

No problem . . . Just buy another one, stack'em, then duct tape them together . . . :thumbup:

:lol:

HH
Always Searching For OBW Rolls ! ! !

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Thu Mar 17, 2016

Sniped a full tube of 2015 Ag Libertads off BIN for $400 shipped :thumbup:
"That's all a man can hope for during his lifetime - to set an example - and when he is dead, to be an inspiration for history."

--President William McKinley

scottcped

Postby scottcped » Fri Mar 18, 2016

Diggin4copper wrote:The only problem I have is that I wanted to use it as a doorstop...gonna need a bigger bar.... :lol:

Or a smaller door!
ImageImageImage

Brucifer
Silver Supporter

Postby Brucifer » Sat Mar 19, 2016

This is probably just a short-term temporary thing, but I’m really enjoying seeing Ag things that I bought in the last couple/few months presently selling for significantly more than what I paid for them. It’s been too long since the last time I enjoyed this experience. No stellar triumphs, but seeing things that I bought presently selling for 10%-15% more than I paid is nice. I suppose this pleasant little interlude will probably be over altogether too soon, but it’s a nice feeling right now.

Brucifer
Silver Supporter

Postby Brucifer » Thu Mar 24, 2016

Another questionable “victory” (???)..... I bought a 1990 1oz Kook at my LCS today for $1.50 over spot. It has one small/minor/shallow mar on the obverse. I got it for a secondary generic price, so my guess is it wasn’t a bad buy. My kids will find out what it’s worth when I’m a memory and they go to resell it...

ScribblingDes

Postby ScribblingDes » Fri Apr 01, 2016

I found this in the cull bin at my LCS today. Whoopsie on their part!

Baggerman
Gold Supporter

Postby Baggerman » Tue Jun 21, 2016

Picked up 3 morgans, 1 peace and 6 mercs yesterday for $75. Not a great score but a score in my book none the less.
I carry a gun because I am to young to die and to old to take an azz whooping.
Get 1% rebate on Ebay bullion http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=439461

SilverCadillac

Postby SilverCadillac » Wed Jun 22, 2016

doubled down on the 2 oz Libertads .... so beautiful to me. I included extra money for expedited shipping and the Seller threw in a Merc dime. :mrgreen: Everybody wins!

"Genius without education is like silver in the mine" - Benjamin Franklin

PitBullion
Gold Supporter

Postby PitBullion » Wed Jun 22, 2016

Had one a while ago and gave it up along with most of my vintage Bullion collection when I had my coin shop to keep it going. Really glad I can return this back to collection. About 20 more pieces I need to wrangle up but on to the next one :)
Poured Silver, Antique Fininshing and 24K Gold Gilding http://www.PitBullionLV.com

texmex66

Postby texmex66 » Wed Jun 22, 2016

Big dealer in town was advertising mixed dated silver eagles for $2.50 over spot. I do business with them all the time and know each one that works there. I asked if i could come down and look at them before i bought any, they said sure. They had about 500 oz available. Told me they would bring 100 oz at a time for me to look at. The first batch came out and they had the years marked on the tape that wrapped all the way around the tubes. The first year i saw was........DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......1996 :D . I was thinking to myself there is no way that that is a complete BU tube of 1996s. I carefully opened the tube and sure enough the first coin was a 1996. I carefully removed the other 19 coins and almost passed out. They were all 1996s :shock:

Still have it along with BU tubes of 1987, 1995, 1994 etc. etc. You name it i probably got it that day. Complete untouched BU tubes :lol:

HustliN

Postby HustliN » Wed Jun 22, 2016

texmex66 wrote:Big dealer in town was advertising mixed dated silver eagles for $2.50 over spot. I do business with them all the time and know each one that works there. I asked if i could come down and look at them before i bought any, they said sure. They had about 500 oz available. Told me they would bring 100 oz at a time for me to look at. The first batch came out and they had the years marked on the tape that wrapped all the way around the tubes. The first year i saw was........DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......1996 :D . I was thinking to myself there is no way that that is a complete BU tube of 1996s. I carefully opened the tube and sure enough the first coin was a 1996. I carefully removed the other 19 coins and almost passed out. They were all 1996s :shock:

Still have it along with BU tubes of 1987, 1995, 1994 etc. etc. You name it i probably got it that day. Complete untouched BU tubes :lol:

HOLY CRAP!! Congrats on the score!!!! :D :thumbup:

Return to “Burgers and Beers”