Silver Buy Brag Thread

AKA Bar and Grill - General Discussion of any topics, does not need to be related to metal trading.
blevdawgAg47

Re: Silver Buy Brag Thread

Postby blevdawgAg47 » Tue Jun 19, 2018

rte592 wrote:
blevdawgAg47 wrote:Got lucky at a local swap meet. Bowl on a table had some .900 Mexican 5 pesos. Sign says $3 for 10, so I ask if they are fakes. Guy acts like he doesn't speak much English and shrugs his shoulders. So I tap one with another and it rings silver :shock: I go to grab 10 of 'em and he all the sudden speaks decent English "No, no. $10 for 3. $10 for three." I hand him $20, take 6 coins, and told him to find a dealer for the rest of them(there are several there at the same swap meet)

I don't normally buy silver like this, I'll have to admit it felt kinda dirty. One has to wonder how all this stuff ends up at swap meets. There is definitely honest hardworking vendors there, but some shady characters and goods too.

Don't feel bad, you paid the asking price.
Let us know if they check out silver and don't stick to a magnet.

They were real. I sold 5 of them to an LCS about an hour later. Kept one as a momento :)
ImageImageImage

everything

Postby everything » Wed Jun 27, 2018

Today: 2017 Kook Roo, 2018 Kook, paid 20 each, plus tax, ehh. Should have bought a gram of gold instead. Over the last few weeks I've picked up a few engelhard prospectors and bars, and found 14 of the old El-11 engelhard bars at LCS, supposedly less than 25,000 minted.

fredzoyt
Spiritual Supporter

Postby fredzoyt » Sat Jun 30, 2018

I got my socks blessed off today. A family member decided to give me (like for free) 39 raw Morgans with a variety of dates. About 15 of them are nice and shiny. I guess that was a pretty good score, huh?

Dave
http://www.the-highway.com/ultimate_questions.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/way-of-salvation.html

Phil. 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Sat Jun 30, 2018

fredzoyt wrote:I got my socks blessed off today. A family member decided to give me (like for free) 39 raw Morgans with a variety of dates. About 15 of them are nice and shiny. I guess that was a pretty good score, huh?

Dave

Nice. I wish I had relatives like yours!
ImageImageImage

apistogramma

Postby apistogramma » Wed Jul 04, 2018

a week ago i bought da barnyard pig #15 from schwartzy for $145 :shh: (that cheesehead seen me comin lol)and got $15 ebucks,this week (thanks 2 tdtwedt for ase bargain on ebay) i got 5 ase for $15.50 each, i think i made out all around :thumbup: :duck:
:wanted: YPS 2oz ANKH CROSS :wanted:

PeacePeople

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Jul 05, 2018

apistogramma wrote:a week ago i bought da barnyard pig #15 from schwartzy for $145 :shh: (that cheesehead seen me comin lol)and got $15 ebucks,this week (thanks 2 tdtwedt for ase bargain on ebay) i got 5 ase for $15.50 each, i think i made out all around :thumbup: :duck:

Hang out here and you'll get some hookups that you won't believe are possible...there are plenty of people on here that used this joint as their own LCS...between the BST, group buys, hot deals and whatever else...you'll be broke soon enough, or have way more stuff than you imagined you'd have and still want to pick up more...it's just kind of the way it is...dig in and you'll find what you want and more..way more
ImageImageImage

snappy
Silver Supporter

Postby snappy » Fri Jul 13, 2018

On Memorial Day there was a one day only 20% off everything coupon on eBay, which of course did not include coins/money/bullion. I stumbled upon a piece of HACMint poured silver that was listed under Jewelry & Watches > Precious Metals without Stones so the 20% coupon worked. It also qualified for the standard 1% eBucks rebate. Poking around a bit I found a couple more HAC pieces listed under Entertainment Memorabilia that were eligible and ended up getting 3 pieces of poured .999 for $18.79 per oz. Not anything to brag about really but I was stoked.

deathradio

Postby deathradio » Thu Aug 02, 2018

I came up $6200 and had to make it disappear before I blew it on the good times. I ordered 2 random kilo Perth mint coins from provident @ .99 cents over spot, 110 cannabis rounds from golden state mint @ 1.49 over spot, 20 ounces of generic rounds at spot, and 62 grams of gold panda franctionals @ 41.94 a gram... Damn mailman tossed my gold on the ground about twenty feet from my front door, and blew off having me sign for it, lol, good thing I was waiting and watching through a window....

Operadad

Postby Operadad » Thu Aug 02, 2018

i think I would have to complain to the local postmaster about that gold package...

if someone paid for signature service - they should get that part of the mailing $ back too...

nothing wrong in saying "I got it" but man was that a mistreatment of the community...

deathradio

Postby deathradio » Thu Aug 02, 2018

Operadad wrote:i think I would have to complain to the local postmaster about that gold package...

if someone paid for signature service - they should get that part of the mailing $ back too...

nothing wrong in saying "I got it" but man was that a mistreatment of the community...

I did that a few months back when he did the same thing with another order, where I was the one who actually paid extra ($5) for signature delivery.Never got a response.... I've heard our mailman outside on the phone recently complaining how his route was expanded way too big and how he can' keep up. I guess blowing off walking up to the door and getting signatures was his solution... I actually called in sick to work that day to make sure I was there to sign for all my orders (which of oddly enough all showed up on the same day.) The 110 ounces from Golden state came early in the morning, and the mail lady had me sign for it, said any packages under 2 pounds would come with the regular mail guy later that afternoon. Then at 2 o'clock I heard my gate open and I headed outside to meet the mailman, but within 2 to 4 seconds of opening my gate, he was gone, and the $2600 in gold(with signature delivery) and two 10 oz silver packages from all different bullion sites, were sitting in the middle of my walkway halfway up to the door, which is visible to passer-go-byers. People suck. I'll probably have to do this again when my two kilo coins come in next week.

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Thu Aug 02, 2018

How do you manage to get 2 usps mail deliveries per day?
My mail lady ( who i have had for many years), once said that if its ok with me, that she could sign my sig confirmation for me if i am not home :shifty:
ImageImageImage

toddler81

Postby toddler81 » Thu Aug 02, 2018

deathradio wrote:I'll probably have to do this again when my two kilo coins come in next week.

I'd be getting a PO Box... you can't be calling in work sick every time you expect a package...
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
https://share.brooklinen.com/x/RdX4ZK

Get $10 free at Coinbase!
https://www.coinbase.com/join/595fcda9feff9f014857eb6e

:wanted: BU GOLD LIBERTADS
1/20: 2011
1/10: 1994,2000,03,04

:wanted: 1998 SILVER PROOF LIBERTAD FRACTIONALS (1/20, 1/10, 1/4)

:wanted: 2007, 2008, 2012 kangaroos on card

SilverStatic
Turtle Supporter

Postby SilverStatic » Thu Aug 02, 2018

Purple and Gold wrote:How do you manage to get 2 usps mail deliveries per day?
My mail lady ( who i have had for many years), once said that if its ok with me, that she could sign my sig confirmation for me if i am not home :shifty:

I occasionally get one in a mail truck and one in a regular car deliver something. I believe if my post office gets something late, they send it out when it gets there.
:wanted:
Rodebaugh 100g bars 2012,2013,2014,2015
:wanted:
Rare and interesting silver trades available, inquire please

deathradio

Postby deathradio » Fri Aug 03, 2018

The morning usps driver told me she delivers all the stuff over 2 pounds that require signatures early in the morning, and the regular usps mail guy does the rest. I live in a big city, so maybe most smaller towns don't do it this way....

Purple and Gold

Postby Purple and Gold » Fri Aug 03, 2018

deathradio wrote:

The morning usps driver told me she delivers all the stuff over 2 pounds that require signatures early in the morning, and the regular usps mail guy does the rest. I live in a big city, so maybe most smaller towns don't do it this way....

I dont live in a town, and dont even live in the place that my address says i am :| Its just the closest PO to my home. Im back in the swamp and Im lucky if i get once a day delivery. Most Saturdays i dont see her anywhere around here
ImageImageImage

TitusFable

Postby TitusFable » Sat Aug 04, 2018

I hope no one from this company is here and that this isn't illegal....

So I have only started stacking silver recently but so figured out how to get 5oz of legal tender at spot + S&H. I have been a cheerleader for them! I ask my friends and family if they want a really good deal on silver coins, explain why they are awesome and basically try to get them to want it. If it doesn't work, I ask if they will buy it anyways and I'll repay them. So far I have gotten 6 people to buy for me, 3 or 4 are on the fence about whether they want it and 4 have bought it (they had collections of their own.)
So not only have I bought the silver at low price but now have something else to talk to them about.

PS. Let me know ASAP if I should take this down!

tigerwoodz

Postby tigerwoodz » Sat Aug 04, 2018

deathradio wrote:

I have made a couple decently heavy orders through USPS, and they always seem to show up in my decently-large city around normal mail time.

escher

Postby escher » Fri Aug 10, 2018

toddler81 wrote:
deathradio wrote:I'll probably have to do this again when my two kilo coins come in next week.

I'd be getting a PO Box... you can't be calling in work sick every time you expect a package...

Isn't there some sort of service where you can collect packages from the depot yourself in the USA? We have several services like that in Europe. That way they save on delivery, and you are sure to get your goods.

toddler81

Postby toddler81 » Fri Aug 10, 2018

escher wrote:
toddler81 wrote:

Isn't there some sort of service where you can collect packages from the depot yourself in the USA? We have several services like that in Europe. That way they save on delivery, and you are sure to get your goods.

That's what a PO Box is. It's a mail box for you at the post office instead of at your house.
$25 off Brooklinen Sheets
https://share.brooklinen.com/x/RdX4ZK

Get $10 free at Coinbase!
https://www.coinbase.com/join/595fcda9feff9f014857eb6e

:wanted: BU GOLD LIBERTADS
1/20: 2011
1/10: 1994,2000,03,04

:wanted: 1998 SILVER PROOF LIBERTAD FRACTIONALS (1/20, 1/10, 1/4)

:wanted: 2007, 2008, 2012 kangaroos on card

escher

Postby escher » Fri Aug 10, 2018

toddler81 wrote:
escher wrote:
toddler81 wrote:

That's what a PO Box is. It's a mail box for you at the post office instead of at your house.

No, I mean like you can get packages delivered to other places/businesses, so that you are not limited to receiving the volume that will fit into the PO box you rented. For example, I get packages delivered to a supermarket near me, and it doesn't matter what size they are. Furthermore, it's cheaper than delivering to a PO box (which seems to cost the same price as a delivery to a private address + the cost of renting the PO box).

Return to “Burgers and Beers”